• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL February 2013 |OT| A Black History Month "Miracle in the Making"

T.M. MacReady

NO ONE DENIES MEMBER
tumblr_lfz0c6vz4X1qbs7vs.gif

calder

I paid $70 each for 2' 300-level tickets to the Panthers game on Tuesday. Was a pretty bad game, and while they won, it was not a confidence builder for me. I don't know what to make of this team. I knew this would be an issue and there would be struggles. But is the team THAT dependent on Byfuglien? We need a LOT of work on our special teams and again, I have not been too impressed with the goaltending during the past few games. Still so much work to do still to make this a better team.

I argued a bit at work with a guy who insists Buff is a good player that just seems elite on a bad-ish team. I mostly agreed but I think that Byfuglien actually is critical to the Jets in a way, he adds something to all facets of the game and the Jets simply can't replace losing him even if there isn't one single thing that you can point to as a disaster without him (give or take the PP, which was merely 'bad' with him instead of 'unbearably horrible'.

And yeah I honestly think Pavs is too inconsistent to be top 10 goalie in the NHL, and the Jets need him to be at least that good.

Dammit, in my disgust at the game's final result, I forgot about the press conference. I'll have to check it out on the Jets' site.

Lets hope they get some actual consistency and can build on getting a lead and actually holding it for once, come Saturday in Ottawa. Not holding my breath though...

Yeah, any team with good special teams and an even remotely potent offense are terrifying to me. I'm not exactly hopeful either. :\

But hey...
Code:
1.	Seth Jones	1	Portland (WHL)	Oct. 3/94	D	R	6'3/208	43	9	32	41	+33
2.	Nathan MacKinnon	2	Halifax (QMJHL)	Sep. 1/95	C	R	6'0/182	39	27	40	67	+36
3.	Aleksander Barkov	3	Tappara (FIN)	Sep. 2/95	C	L	6'2/205	43	19	21	40	+15
4.	Jonathan Drouin	4	Halifax (QMJHL)	Mar. 27/95	LW	L	5'11/185	33	27	41	68	+32
5.	Valeri Nichushkin	5	Chelijabinsk 2 (RUS)	Mar. 4/95	LW	L	6'4/196	41	15	8	23	+16

Wingfan19

Unconfirmed Member
Mrazek has got to stay on the team as long as Gustavsson is out. Kid looked good, though he didn't face a ton of difficult shots.

Nice game by Detroit overall. Solid defense, got scoring from a couple of different lines, didn't stop playing after they got the lead.

Now build on this shit instead of playing terribly next game.

You know they can't do that, OK, maybe for one game max then they go back to sucking, it's just the way this team works. SO PROVE ME WRONG WINGS!!!
Well I won't have to kill anyone due to Cleary playing, since the hit was called off due to his goal...

Mrazek played great and our bottom 6 actually won us the game tonight. Amazing. I really really hate that they have to play back to back games in the afternoon this weekend. Wings SUUUUUCK during afternoon games. I'll be thrilled if they get 2 out of 4.

Quick

Banned
Just saw Therrien's post-game.

I'd hate to disappoint the guy. Sounds like he's literally going to drop off White in the middle of nowhere and leave him to fend for himself.

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
lol, where did this parent thing come from? I'm 30 years old and work in a Sales role at a software company. Previously in a Professional Services role.

I believe there was some story about your apartment being at least part-financed by your parents? Sth like that.

Tabris

I wish. Can you guys part finance my apartment? I would love to buy a nice car instead of paying for the apartment :)

EDIT - BTW, there is another person in NHL-GAF in the same apartment complex

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
I wish. Can you guys part finance my apartment? I would love to buy a nice car instead of paying for the apartment :)

EDIT - BTW, there is another person in NHL-GAF in the same apartment complex

Now I'm intrigued. Is it Woodward's, btw? I always wondered if it is or just a building nearby.

CCF23

I feel like the only way this ends is with wsoxfan naked, drenched in blood, sobbing in the rain (it's Vancouver) as he's hauled away in handcuffs.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Tabris hasn't even been that bad this season, you guys should enjoy his tamer self before the real Tabris shows up during the playoffs.

Acid08

Banned
Tabris hasn't even been that bad this season, you guys should enjoy his tamer self before the real Tabris shows up during the playoffs.

It's like some kind of Angel to Archangel situation. Apocalypse laid his demon seed in Tabris' soul, he can only control it for so long.

Top Bottom