• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL November 2016 |OT| #MakeOilersGreatAgain.

zroid

Banned
Statement re: Sparks from his facebook group

Over the past four years, I have had the pleasure of getting to know Garret Sparks and being fortunate enough to not only be his business associate but also to call him a close friend. The events that occurred in the online goalie forum were merely due to Garret defending a member of the group who suffers from a disability. Since the mid-2000s before his career even took off, Garret has been involved in online goalie communities. As his career took off he remained a part of them, including the one I have been involved in called GGSUnited. Garret would always take time out of his day to talk to other goalies both young and old about whatever they wanted to know from him. He treated everyone in the group with respect and did not let where he was in his career from thinking he was above others.

Garret, myself and a few other of our friends created a camp for these members to meet four years ago. He wanted to give back to the community in more ways than he already has. He always will put his reputation aside to share his love of hockey and goaltending with others. He is loved by so many goalies around the globe, it is a shame that this event was blown out of proportion.

It is important to take the time to say that this issue was simply Garret protecting someone who could not defend himself. Garret was so invested in helping this individual follow his dreams of becoming a goalie. Garret invested his time and efforts to stand up for this individual, showing that he cared deeply to the well being of someone who was being mistreated and standing up for what he believed in.

The GGSU nature has been one of playful words and harmless banter. It is what has created the atmosphere and community we have worked so hard to develop over the years. It has never been acceptable to make fun of an individual who cannot stand up for himself, nor will we allow it to happen.

While we do not condone some of the things posted, we would like to say that we completely support Garret's honest intentions and stand behind him and only apologize that this has snowballed into something much bigger than it needed to be.

On behalf of GGSU,

Jacob Wint

GGSUnited Board Admin
Legends Camp Director
GGSU LLC.

Solo

I also think Radulov is better than Kovalev, is this Civil War part 2?

I don't know if this is a heel turn, but #TeamKovalev for pure skill. Radulov is a better, more complete, 200 foot workhorse of a player. But Kovy could not give a single fuck and still score 4 goals if he wanted to. Laziest Hab ever though. If he'd had Radulov's intensity and work ethic he'd have been a first ballot HOFer and would never have even been available for trade to the Habs.

Gunstar Ikari

Unconfirmed Member
Forsberg-Johansen-Arvidsson
Fiala-Ribeiro-Smith
Wilson-Fisher-Aberg
Gaudreau-Jarnkrok-Watson

Saros starts

This game might get nasty after what happened last time.

zroid

Banned
i was just watching this sportsnet projection video for how the Vegas roster will shake out

they suggested they will get Tyler Johnson from Tampa. that can't be right, can it? which 7 forwards are the Bolts protecting ahead of him???

edit: hmmm... I just realized their cap situation. And he's a RFA. I guess the thinking is they might not have a choice but to let him go. But surely they'd trade him rather than let him get claimed for free.

Razorskin

----- ------
i was just watching this sportsnet projection video for how the Vegas roster will shake out

they suggested they will get Tyler Johnson from Tampa. that can't be right, can it? which 7 forwards are the Bolts protecting ahead of him???

lol no way Johnson would be exposed.

But they'll probably want to arrange a trade or 2 since they'll have a few good forwards who will be exposed.

Yawnier

Banned

edit: hmmm... I just realized their cap situation. And he's a RFA. I guess the thinking is they might not have a choice but to let him go. But surely they'd trade him rather than let him get claimed for free.

I feel like Tampa, Anaheim, and Columbus are all teams that have the potential to lose a really good player unless they make a few trades to make room

Gunstar Ikari

Unconfirmed Member
Would you say he's looked better than Rinne?

Ehh...Rinne has been good the past few games so I'm not sure. Saros certainly doesn't look significantly worse. Rinne's problem is consistency, and we still don't know how Saros fares in that regard.

Saros is much better than our other backup, though. Mazanec's probably done after this season.

Russo put out a pretty decent article this morning about the star power in the central and how the Wild are the only team without one.

Chicago: Kane, Toews, Panarin
Colorado: Duchene, MacKinnon
Dallas: Seguin, Benn
Nashville: Forsberg, Subban, Johanson (?)
St Louis: Tarasenko, Schwartz (?)
Winnipeg: Laine, Scheifele, Wheeler (?)

Minnesota: ???

Have a bunch of good prospects that might amount to 50-60 point players but nobody that can get to the ppg level. And with the way the team is constructed the likelihood of getting to that bottom-5 and drafting a star is incredibly low. Not good enough to challenge for a cup but not bad enough to be a lottery team.

zroid

Banned
Russo put out a pretty decent article this morning about the star power in the central and how the Wild are the only team without one.

Have a bunch of good prospects that might amount to 50-60 point players but nobody that can get to the ppg level. And with the way the team is constructed the likelihood of getting to that bottom-5 and drafting a star is incredibly low. Not good enough to challenge for a cup but not bad enough to be a lottery team.

I'd say Byfuglien counts too. Winnipeg has some rill gud players

Yawnier

Banned

Ah yes, the treadmill of mediocrity. The absolute worst place for a team to be in. Us leaf fans are familiar with that one

Parise?

zroid

Banned
i guess i'll watch the grey cup

nothing better to do!

i mean, other than play pokémon. but i'm doing that anyways.

Top Bottom