• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL November 2016 |OT| #MakeOilersGreatAgain.

lamaroo

Unconfirmed Member
Why are stores only getting limited quantities? There's nothing else Nintendo has out this year besides the new Pokemon

Probably to create buzz going into the holidays. Just going to piss people off though and force them to buy second hand at double the price.

Chris R

Why are stores only getting limited quantities? There's nothing else Nintendo has out this year besides the new Pokemon

Gotta have something to build the hype and buzz.

Was going to sell well no matter what, but when it's limited, in high demand and selling for 3x+ on Ebay, more people are going to want to get one.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
#Habs Carey Price:

2014 Olympics - 5-0
2014-15 Season - 44-16-6
2015-16 Season - 10-2-0
2016 World Cup - 5-0-0
2016-17 Season - 8-0-0

961042858-Shroom_growing.gif

it's mostly just nostalgia. If you have a Wii/WiiU/maybe 3DS? you effectively have one of these through VC games. I think it has a scanline and curve distortion filter that's unique to it. The presentation of it is amazing, no doubt about that, but it's a bit pricey for me right now for what it is.

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
LOL theres this huge lineup at EB and they didnt tell people there were none,wtf. Dude ahead of me waited an hour and they didnt tell anyone they handed out tickets at the start and anyone without a ticket wouldnt get one.

Ouch.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Friedman thinks Price will ask for 9-10M. He's out of his mind, it's 12M+ for sure
Where'd he say that? That seems too low, but maybe a discount if he feels he can win here soon? Having Weber on the team should help seeing how close they are.

yyzjohn

Banned
I'm not sure why you think Griffith is a scrub? What has he done to demonstrate that?

Either way, the thought process behind this decision is fucking brutal.

The point is, neither Smith nor Griffith is in any kind of long term plan for the Leafs going forward. They're both stop-gaps on forward lines that will eventually be filled by guys like Leipsic, Kapanen, Timashov and the boatload of other guys we already have on the Marlies or recently drafted. Hell with a few trades later this year we'll probably see a few Marlies up with the team.

zroid

Banned
The point is, neither Smith nor Griffith is in any kind of long term plan for the Leafs going forward. They're both stop-gaps on forward lines that will eventually be filled by guys like Leipsic, Kapanen, Timashov and the boatload of other guys we already have on the Marlies or recently drafted. Hell with a few trades later this year we'll probably see a few Marlies up with the team.

There is very little evidence to suggest someone like Leipsic will be better than Griffith

however, the actual point is that Ben Smith is seriously damaging the Leafs roster as it currently stands. like i said, he's one of the worst players in the league. you can't keep icing a player like that.

imBask

Banned
Where'd he say that? That seems too low, but maybe a discount if he feels he can win here soon? Having Weber on the team should help seeing how close they are.

“You know what? It could be a 10,” speculated Friedman. “It could be. I don’t know if it’ll go that high. I’m sure they’ll try to convince him to say, ‘Don’t make it 10 because we can win if you take a little less.’ But look. Would anybody be surprised if it’s a 9 or a 10?

that's what he said on sportsnet 590, apparently

My dad has MS, he was diagnosed when I was 13. I've never seen something in my day to day life that can completely change a person like MS can. Hope Bickell's case isn't severe and never becomes severe.

zroid

Banned
I laughed out loud at "increase our analytics"

that's like saying "I want to increase my clock" if you need more time

I'm taking a brief pause from my internet sabbatical to a) make sure that my Scott Stapp avatar is seen. I'm a man of my word. And b) to say Go Leafs!

Parch

Dang. Eric Lindros looking old.
Not the most popular player and some poor choices during his career because of his momma's decisions, but you can't deny the stats and how much of a beast he was on the ice. Totally deserving of a hall of fame spot.

Top Bottom