• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL October 2013 |OT| Racism, Pokémon, and the Pursuit of Saltiness

Ok fuck this unlocking shit, gonna give it to my brother and he'll deal with it.

In the market for a new phone + service provider.

Galaxy Nexus should work on Wind, I think they used to sell it directly. Wiki says the Canadian Galaxy nexus was sold unlocked, you could probably go to wind and have them try their SIM, they'll tell you if it's locked or not.

I got a Nexus 4 on Wind and I love it.

McLean was asked if he's curious to see #11 play for DET. His response:

"No, I've seen Dan Cleary play lots. "

Got damn

MacLean is awesome.

Quick

Banned
Ok fuck this unlocking shit, gonna give it to my brother and he'll deal with it.

In the market for a new phone + service provider.

As much as people hate on Rogers, I've had good service from them so far. Data packages blow, though. I was lucky enough to take advantage of an old promo for 6GB of data for $60, though. Compared to how much data is now, that's not bad.

Wind seems like a good option, as long as you're mostly within the city.

For phones, my preference is an iPhone, but I did have some time to try out a Galaxy S3 (which was good), and I can only assume the S4 is a step above. Can't go wrong with that. Then there's the Nexus 4, which Google is selling for cheap unlocked, but apparently a Nexus 5 is coming soon.

You could pick up that Nexus 4, then just sign a contract. In case you need to bail out early, your termination fee would be cheap as hell.

Curufinwe

I pay $75 a month for fucking 1GB with Rogers. Plans in Alberta blow.

In the US now you can get a $35 a month plan with Virgin Mobile with 300 minutes and unlimited data, where unlimited really means they throttle you after 2.5 GB. Great value if you don't use a ton of data or make many calls.

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
How do I get my name added to the allegiance list? I'm a Tampa Bay Lightning guy.

-rubs eyes in disbelief-

Heretic, what do you think of this one?

welcome! Please stick around, there's... One... Lightning fan that shows up regularly.

Smiley90

Same. Plans are same everywhere. Wind had a $33 month unlimited data and and calling for a bit. Their coverage sucks though outside of the city or home zones.

I pay 60.- for 6GB with Rogers. In BC. You guys are crazy.

Heretic

I had that for years, but went with GCL last year after upgrading to FiOS. Watching games in the bathroom and at work hnnnnnnnnngh

That's nasty...

I do that too!

-rubs eyes in disbelief-

Heretic, what do you think of this one?

welcome! Please stick around, there's... One... Lightning fan that shows up regularly.

*thumbs up*

ONLY cause we need more lightning fans...

zedge

I have unlimited calling and international texts too. The new 2 year plans look really bad though. Yikes.

I you phone and haggle with retention you can get some good deals though.

Cake Boss

Banned
Sweet jesus should have done this years ago.

Took the phone to Wind and just took the old sim card, added the wind one and unlimited everything at $30. I only need the phone in the city and home, so this is fucking perfect.

Eat my asshole hair Bell.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Hearing knuckle draggers go on sports radio today to argue about fighting makes me want to hang myself.

Since I'm watching the DET-BUF game tonight, I hope Cleary scores 5 goals and the Wings lose 6-5.

This is seriously the worst possible outcome of all.

Best: They win and Cleary sucks
Medium: They win and Cleary plays good
Worst: They lose and Cleary plays amazing

Yes there are other combinations but those are the ones I consider the top for those categories.

yyzjohn

Banned
Hearing knuckle draggers go on sports radio today to argue about fighting makes me want to hang myself.

Never had an issue with the spontaneous fights that break out in the heat of the battle it's the staged fighting and all the "enforcer" crap that I hate.

DopeyFish

Not bitter, just unsweetened
This is seriously the worst possible outcome of all.

Best: They win and Cleary sucks
Medium: They win and Cleary plays good
Worst: They lose and Cleary plays amazing

Yes there are other combinations but those are the ones I consider the top for those categories.

or what if they were down 4-0 and cleary scores 5 goals winning the game, securing the captaincy and a multi-year $9 million extension

Quick

Banned

vstrecha-cherepashek.gif

6GB Super Plan right? It's not offered here in Ontario (at least) anymore, but I got to jump on it when it was briefly available.

cube444

I get 50% employee discount for my personal phone with Bell and a work phone that gets abused for long distance calls and heavy data usage.

*shrugs*

Acid08

Banned
Pokemon X/Y reveal stuff:

Charizard X may have just forced me to get X instead of Y. Holy shit Fire/Dragon typing.

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
I get 50% employee discount for my personal phone with Bell and a work phone that gets abused for long distance calls and heavy data usage.

*shrugs*

>: (

Bell retentions is fuckin useless! Do they seriously think I'll take the deal they offered at a higher price with less data (80 dollars 1gb) than Rogers? (65 2 gb)

Smiley90

vstrecha-cherepashek.gif

6GB Super Plan right? It's not offered here in Ontario (at least) anymore, but I got to jump on it when it was briefly available.

Yep, that one exactly. I believe it was only available for a short time here in BC too. Had to jump on it, it's amazing. As far as any Canadian phone plan can be called that.

Also, please for the love of god keep anything Pokemon related in spoiler tag. Is what's in the spoiler related to the official announcement today
charizard x >>>>> y, fuck yeah
or the leaks? I don't wanna know anything that's not official announcements, don't wanna make a mistake by clicking that.

Acid08

Banned
Also, please for the love of god keep anything Pokemon related in spoiler tag. Is what's in the spoiler related to the official announcement today
charizard x >>>>> y, fuck yeah
or the leaks? I don't wanna know anything that's not official announcements, don't wanna make a mistake by clicking that.
The official announcement. Too fucking cool man. Will be the first time I don't get the Red version. Feels dirty.

Top Bottom