• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL October 2013 |OT| Racism, Pokémon, and the Pursuit of Saltiness

How long before he splits up Z and Pavel? I say if the Wings are down in the game, he'll do it as early as tonight. But really, if the Wings lose to this Buffalo team at home in a season opener, then they deserve to be split up.

I finally get to see Alfie play in a Wings jersey since I missed the Toronto game. Looking forward to that!

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
How long before he splits up Z and Pavel? I say if the Wings are down in the game, he'll do it as early as tonight. But really, if the Wings lose to this Buffalo team at home in a season opener, then they deserve to be split up.

Sooner than later. That 2nd line of Alfie-Weiss-Franzen was abysmal in the preseason. Also, LOL at our 3rd line of Bertuzzi-Andersson-Cleary.

Hey Wings-GAF, you're not allowed to call him Alfie, find a new name, that one is ours.

Best pure defender here is seen on his knees sucking Crosby's ghost's dick.

The Walrus always publicly praises the veteran guys. That's why he is a successful coach with a Jack Adams and a guy like Clouston isn't.

Don't listen to what he says, just look at Philips icetime this year.

Cake Boss

Banned
Got a small question for phone people here.

If my contract is finished with Bell right now, can I take my phone (Samsung Galaxy Nexus) to Wind and use their plans? I am not sure if my phone is unlocked, just know that the contract is finished with Bell.

DopeyFish

Not bitter, just unsweetened
Got a small question for phone people here.

If my contract is finished with Bell right now, can I take my phone (Samsung Galaxy Nexus) to Wind and use their plans? I am not sure if my phone is unlocked, just know that the contract is finished with Bell.

no.

while you can sometimes call up the carrier to remotely unlock your phone, unless your phone is a world phone and supports AWS 700 MHz (not LTE) then you are SOL- wind (and mobilicity) use a different service type compared to the big 3

if your phone can be unlocked it will work on telus or Rogers for sure

Cake Boss

Banned
no.

while you can sometimes call up the carrier to remotely unlock your phone, unless your phone is a world phone and supports AWS 700 MHz (not LTE) then you are SOL- wind (and mobilicity) use a different service type compared to the big 3

if your phone can be unlocked it will work on telus or Rogers for sure

zah?

So this phone is pretty much useless right now?

If I call Bell to unlock the phone, are they obliged to unlock it? or can they say fuck no and cant do shit about it?

Karlsson feels your pain, Cake Boss.

Also, the Galaxy Nexus phone supports all carriers in Canada, so you can bring it over to Wind once you have it unlocked. Just confirm which variant you have first to be sure (you'll want the GT-i9250 one).

How do I check what variant my phone is?

The best thing about today is that I am officially finished with Bell, feel so free as the cold fall breeze hits my naked buttocks.

fallout

I can't wait for the POG giveaway night
fLH2h2v.png

Curufinwe

This is old news but the league changed the language a bit for the headshot rule. So no more debates about the meaning of the word "principal".

http://www.csnphilly.com/hockey-philadelphia-flyers/nhl-rewrites-rule-clarify-head-hunting

That rule previously read:

A hit resulting in contact with an opponent's head where the head is targeted and the principal point of contact is not permitted.

The NHL’s competition committee made a case that the word “targeted” was tough to determine and changed the language.

The new language for Rule 48.1 now reads:

A hit resulting in contact with an opponent's head where the head was the main point of contact and such contact to the head was avoidable.

Silexx

zah?

If I call Bell to unlock the phone, are they obliged to unlock it? or can they say fuck no and cant do shit about it?

Pretty sure they have to offer the service but they may very well charge you for it.

The best thing about today is that I am officially finished with Bell, feel so free as the cold fall breeze hits my naked buttocks.

Should be Settings>About Phone >Baseband Version.

Quick

Banned
zah?

You can check the phone model and compare it to a list online. Currently on mobile, so I can't quickly pull some resources for you.

There are websites (including eBay) that sell unlock codes for phones for around $10 (depends on the phone). They might seem suspicious, but they actually work for the most part.

Silexx

McLean was asked if he's curious to see #11 play for DET. His response:

"No, I've seen Dan Cleary play lots. "

Got damn

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Maclean is the leagues Walter White, next season he'll have a Sens player tortured for not showing up to practice on time.

calder

Anyone else rolling with Gamecenter Live this year?

Yeah I went with GCL. Hockeystreams just seemed a bit sketchy, and I'm not using a browser in PS3 or anything lol.

But just in case, in order to guarantee I feel good about choosing GCL this year I will be registering official complaints against HS with the cops, NHL, CRTC, etc. Get that shit shut down by December.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
General reference or S5 spoiler?

Don't tell me which one, but if it's the latter fuck you.
Just general reference, he comes off as such a nice dude and then he says stuff like that about Cleary and the stuff he did in the playoffs with Montreal last year. It's just amusing more then anything.

cube444

Is Green mad that Grabmyballski took his goals away?:

Chuck Gormley ‏@ChuckGormleyCSN 14s
#CapitalsTalk Brouwer, Green happy that Grabovski got 3 goals in debut but both want him to stay in position on power play

:lol

Cake Boss

Banned
Ok fuck this unlocking shit, gonna give it to my brother and he'll deal with it.

In the market for a new phone + service provider.

Top Bottom