• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo 3DS Direct 2013.2.14 - [Over: Waluigi Time]

Roo

so it IS deux ex. :(

I know :(

4VjJi5r.gif

C.T.

GBA Virtual Console starts for 3DS as well, starting lineup includes Fire Emblem 7 and 8. (and a translated 6 lol) People who bought (eu: will buy) Awakening get a discount.

One can dream.

DaBoss

This is so shockingly logical of Square-Enix that I'll be surprised if it doesn't happen.

Wasn't it originally a Final Fantasy game? Something like 4 Heroes of Light?

EDIT: Fail, that is an actual game subtitle. But I remember it being similar to that name.

EDIT2 2: Yea, according to Wikipedia, Bravely Default was originally a sequel to 4 Heroes of Light.

farnham

Banned
Wasn't it originally a Final Fantasy game? Something like 4 Heroes of Light?

EDIT: Fail, that is an actual game subtitle. But I remember it being similar to that name.

EDIT2 2: Yea, according to Wikipedia, Bravely Default was originally a sequel to 4 Heroes of Light.

Its obviously 4 heroes of light 2.

Why would you NOT want more games?
I guess I never understood this mentality. Even if you don't want to buy it, why call for it no to be made? Some people may actually enjoy that!

So much negativity :(

Despite the snark, more games is always great. But I worry about what impact a port of DE:HR specifically would have. It is very good game, and I had a lot of fun playing it. But that was 18 months ago when it first came out. My concern is that the majority of folks interested in the game would have already done the same and played it on PC, PS3, or 360. In that case, would the number of double-dippers and people without any of those other systems be enough for DE:HR WiiU to be a success? Or will the lateness lead to bad sales and be used as another poor, out of context example of "3rd party games don't sell on Nintendo" and used as an excuse to not even bother making multiplatform games for the Wii U in the future?

Of course, if the whole point is to introduce the Wii U audience to the DE universe because the next one is going to be there day 1, that is all moot.

GBA Virtual Console starts for 3DS as well, starting lineup includes Fire Emblem 7 and 8. (and a translated 6 lol) People who bought (eu: will buy) Awakening get a discount.

One can dream.

They could start by putting out those ambassador games first.

zroid

Banned
More games is great, but there is a significant opportunity cost associated with porting DXHR instead of something more... prudent. It's not like we should just ignore that.

It's been decades since they've done that though. They did this with the Saga games originally I believe. The first there were called Final Fantasy Legend (1, 2, and 3).

I was just joking. I wouldn't be surprised if it isn't called Bravely Default though.

If it comes out in the West, that is.

Soriku

Adding Final Fantasy to the Bravely Default title seems smart for localization, but it isn't really a FF game. Some things they had, like the different than usual summons, were added in because the game isn't FF so I kinda feel like the FF name would go against what the game really is.

Final Fantasy: Bravely Default

FFXV

Adding Final Fantasy to the Bravely Default title seems smart for localization, but it isn't really a FF game. Some things they had, like the different than usual summons, were added in because the game isn't FF so I kinda feel like the FF name would go against what the game really is.

What defines a FF game anymore? Bravely certainly looks more like a "classic" FF to me than XIII.

farnham

Banned

I would have problems with dragon quest. But final fantasy is so different every time it doesnt matter

radcliff

If there isn't an NCL Direct, then this will probably just be localization announcements of games already released in Japan (3DS) and maybe some 3rd party ports (Wii U).

I'm expecting release dates for Animal Crossing, Pikmin 3, and the Wonderful 101. Anything after that would just be extra.

Maybe a new Bayonetta 2 trailer as well.

Yeah, it'd be for localiztion/branding only but from what I've seen it does have the FFV job system. It wouldn't be that much of a stretch.

I'd prefer Bravely Default though but I also want a sequel to be localized.

edit: look at me, acting like it's already been announced ;_;

Roo

I just hope they don't waste 20 minutes of the conference on Miiverse, Streetpass, Spotpass and eShop like the last time...

zroid

Banned
But didn't someone say that Iwata would be featured in the European ND?

Iwata's increasingly taken to doing the NDs for the West in English himself. Don't think it'd be all that surprising for him to show up in any of them, even without an NCL edition.

Thoraxes

Yes, yes, but I want an official, "Ace Attorney 5, here's the subtitle, coming this year" announcement, not a "don't worry, you dirty foreigners will get it sometime."

We got it from Sven himself. That's more confirmation than he gives almost anything ever.

Top Bottom