• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo Direct: new presentation (over) (Wii U / 3DS)

Rich!

REMEMBER, PEOPLE:

nintendo registered Virtual Boy as a trademark in Europe last month.

ibk7SjxcuM2KCp.png

get ready

It's crazy how much actual power Nintendo has over its fans. There are so many things they could announce that would just drive people absolutely bonkers. I think that speaks in spades about their brand and what they have to work with. They already announced Star Fox and Zelda, but we knew Zelda would be a duh kind of thing. Star Fox however had always been iffy territory until E3.

In fact, I think the Star Fox announcement was kind of a letdown. I would have much rather had the game be announced during a Direct like this one but further into development with more of a bang.

Tadaima

This Direct is happening on November 5th 2014.

14 + 11 + 5 = 30

During this month, Half-Life 2 will be 10 years old.

30 / 10 = 3

WIIUHALFLIFE3REAL.jpg

Banned
Release dates up to June 2015.
Some Zelda U and XBX info.
Major focus on Amiibo, DLC for MK8, Hyrule Warriors and smash
Splatoon trailer
Mario Maker trailer
Captain Toad trailer
Yoshis Wooly World footage
Pokemon ORAS
Bravely Second
Majoras Mask 3D

Predictions:

Majora 3D. And it requires N3DS.

M4g6nlh.gif

Something Metroidy.
Something Starfoxy.

X Release Date.

Splatoon Blowout.

Something completely new and TOTALLY out of Left field from Platinum.

(and yes, go ahead and use the New GIF, I had to update it for the times!)

This is the part when the time starts to slow down, is it not?

I can't handle moar hype. help pls

For me that was like yesterday when the Direct was announced. The next 30 minutes isn't so bad, especially when you're just posting bullshit on GAF to pass the time. This may sound super corny but I'm really happy to have somewhere like this to share the hype with as god knows most of my friends are tech whores and only give a shit about Xbox and Playstation. Which I love as well, but you try and talk Nintendo to them and it's not pleasant.

blu

Wants the largest console games publisher to avoid Nintendo's platforms.
Secure big livingroom tv for myself - check.
Open WiiU browser on nintendo.co.uk's direct page - check.
Prepare tea - check.

sn00zer

I think Ive pretty much decided to get a WiiU before a PS4.... Will be my first Nintendo console...actually first non Sony console as well

Frodo

For me that was like yesterday when the Direct was announced. The next 30 minutes isn't so bad, especially when you're just posting bullshit on GAF to pass the time. This may sound super corny but I'm really happy to have somewhere like this to share the hype with as god knows most of my friends are tech whores and only give a shit about Xbox and Playstation. Which I love as well, but you try and talk Nintendo to them and it's not pleasant.

I feel your pain... I have some friends who are like, console warriors in real life. It is kind of sad. :p

Top Bottom