• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo Direct: new presentation (over) (Wii U / 3DS)

TDLink

Based on what we know and some tweets hinting at things in here, I'm guessing the direct will be:

• Sonic Boom Promo/Reminder
  • Mario Kart 8 First DLC Pack Dated/Completely Revealed
  • Mario Kart 8 Amiibo Use Explained
  • Hyrule Warriors TP DLC Pack Dated/Revealed
  • Hyrule Warriors Amiibo Use Explained
  • Smash Bros DHD Trailer/Reminder of Release Date
  • Captain Toad New Info/Trailer/Release Date Reminders and Announcements for non-NA Regions
  • New Codename STEAM Trailer and Info
  • New Yoshi's Wooly World Trailer and Release Date
  • New Mario Maker Info w/ Release Period
  • New Splatoon Trailer and Info w/ Release Period
  • New Xenoblade X Trailer w/ Release Period
  • New Platinum Game Announced?

Gambit

c9f24e1935.png

She did :p

I don't want to get hyped, buuuuuut...
P8vLxH5.png

the wonderful 102 pls

ok...that changes things considerably. HYPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPE!

maxcriden

Why do everybody talk about SNES Remix? Do we have any info about it or are people just taking a wild guess?

A SNES Remix would be logical but then again Nintendo can be so unpredictable at times

It's a wild guess. It's logical, as you say, and with NES Remix releasing at retail for 3DS in EU and NA I think it's likely we'll see SNES Remix before GB Remix. As you said, Nintendo can be unpredictable, but it's been a while since we've seen an eShop game from them (right?) so I think it could be released in the near-ish future. But yeah, it is more of a wild guess than anything concrete!

chadboban

Just realized that there is an extremely small chance the Soraya tweet might be in relation to Xenoblade for the New3DS should they be showing it there. I still think it's definitely gonna be X though.

Wonder if it's still too early for Star Fox... Miyamoto said at E3 that they were trying to have it ready "this time next year" and that was in June, so... surely ample progress has been made on it. Even if it's a teaser or a very early look, I'm fuckin' down. I've been waiting on the return of Star Fox for so long.

Please let it be a new Metroid game.

Two new Metroid games. Metroid 5 3DS/Metroid Prime 4 Wii U dual release.

Please.

Pleeeeeeeeease.

Pretty please.

Grizzo

It's a wild guess. It's logical, as you say, and with NES Remix releasing at retail for 3DS in EU and NA I think it's likely we'll see SNES Remix before GB Remix. As you said, Nintendo can be unpredictable, but it's been a while since we've seen an eShop game from them (right?) so I think it could be released in the near-ish future. But yeah, it is more of a wild guess than anything concrete!

Maybe Mario Maker will be their next big eShop game?

But I would love an SNES Remix to be honest!

KingSnake

The Birthday Skeleton
FWIW, this could be in reference to a March release for XC N3DS. I would expect to see XCX in the summer in Japan and late Fall in the West.

There is no new N3DS announcement just before the Holidays 2014, unless they either rush launch it for Black Friday or they want to sabotage their own sales for the 3ds in NA and Europe.

I should finally have somewhat speedy internet tomorrow after not having it since July, so hopefully I can actually watch this live.

Either way, glad to finally see a new general direct. Been awhile. Hope to see more 2015 3DS games, atleast one of the "first half of 2015" WiiU games to get a release date, and a third wave of amiibos.

maxcriden

Maybe Mario Maker will be their next big eShop game?

But I would love an SNES Remix to be honest!

I think (?) Mario Maker was confirmed for a (likely cheaper, $30-$40) retail release. But I do expect a lot of people to pick it up on the eShop for sure.

There is no new N3DS announcement just before the Holidays 2014, unless they either rush launch it for Black Friday or they want to sabotage their own sales for the 3ds in NA and Europe.

Sorry if I was unclear. I agree with you. I just meant she could have retweeted it because the New 3DS port of XC could hit Japan in March 2015.

I try not to, but the thought of more Platinum is too tempting :(

Well Kamiya's next game is on Xbox One (Xbox One purchase confirmed) but while it's entirely possible for Platinum to continue their awesome relationship with Nintendo, Kamiya's tweet to me anyway probably translates into something like "asshole"

I'm staying negative about it for my own well-being because if Wonderful 102 were ever announced (lol) I would probably experience my first seizure.

RichardKSJ

It feels like it's been such a long time since the last one with Iwata. SO excited! I hope it's a good one, I feel it's going to be a good one.

Xater

I guess we get lots of info about the soon to be coming stuff. Hopefully a release for Yoshi. Something new would be nice though even if it's just a downloadable title.

I guess we get lots of info about the soon to be coming stuff. Hopefully a release for Yoshi. Something new would be nice though even if it's just a downloadable title.

Yeah the focus should be on "soon-ish" games as I would like to see a megaton Direct featuring Zelda and Star Fox in one go sometime early next year. That would be a day right there.

Sendou

New Direct is always cool. They always deliver. I dislike the new time though :X Watching a Direct till 1AM and waking up for work at 6AM isn't optimal.

emb

Yessss.

Expectations are low, but great to have a Direct. Thanks for the birthday present, Nintendo. :D

2thepoint

Iwata, please open the heavens and drop a remastered collection of Zelda games upon your loyal masses gathered below. Angels shall toot their horns at the sight of Zelda U, and Star Fox will finally fly into our hearts.

.....queue threads tomorrow damning Nintendo to Hell when the Direct doesn't live up to expectations.

Meesh

Bayonetta at Smash!
Stop toying with mah heeeeeaaaarrrrrt!

I just woke up to find myself bitch slapped by Nintendos hype bug once again. XD Nothing beats a good ND, a strong coffee, a Kamiya tweet and the family friendly insanity found in these threads. Don't let me down Nintendo.

Hopefully we'll see that Nintendo remaster?

Evilmaus

Hype levels are rising.

I want UK release dates for Splatoon, X, any news on FE x SMT, and a UK release date for the new 3DS.

maxcriden

Wait. I've been responding to this all wrong. I just realized...it's been 2 years since Wii U came out with the launch of Nintendo Land. It's time for Nintendo Land DLC!!!

Top Bottom