• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo Downloads - December 2015

Vanillalite

Ask me about the GAF Notebook
I'm curious too. I've never played it, but it looks like a 2D minecraft. And I loved Minecraft. So I am curious how it is. I want to check it out.

It sorta plays out like Minecraft but not really. It's much more of a Minecraft take on Steamworld Digg if anything.

There is much more of a focus on digging down further to get new materials and face actual bosses.

Orgen

The Swindle needs some love, guys. That game really flew under the radar on all platforms for some reason, despite great reviews and a highly regarded designer.

You made me check the reviews for the game and they're not so great :| I need to beat Stealth 2 yet so that's why I'm passing for now on The Swindle.

I love that a random week sales are better than Black Friday's sales.

NOE pls

These are the Christmas sales for indie games. Expect Christmas sales (up to 35%! lol) for Nintendo games in the next PR

TheMoon

You made me check the reviews for the game and they're not so great :| I need to beat Stealth 2 yet so that's why I'm passing for now on The Swindle

Listen to people who know what they're doing.

Mark Brown (the guy who does the Game Maker's Toolkit videos): http://www.pocketgamer.co.uk/r/PS+Vita/The+Swindle/review.asp?c=66715 (here's his video on whether or not The Swindle is the first great heist game.)

Chris Donlan on Eurogamer ("Recommended" rating), he also reviewed SteamWorld Heist and CodeName STEAM this year, both with a "Recommended" rating ..so he clearly has a thing for steam-related things ^^):
http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2015-07-27-the-swindle-review

Josh Hawkins on Shacknews:
http://www.shacknews.com/article/90612/the-swindle-review-procedurally-generated-crime

TheMoon

The Swindle (Curve Digital) - €7.99/£5.99 (Ends December 31, normally €14.99/£11.99) (on sale starting Dec. 24)

There was a typo after all:

@CurveDigital
PSA: Gremlins have messed up one of our Nintendo Europe sales: The Swindle will be discounted by *50* per cent from 24/12 rather than 17/12.

@CurveDigital
@NathanvanGinkel Yep - everything is correct apart from The Swindle.

Benedict

I guess we'll never see the Picross e games on sale for 3DS, especially now since they have Pokemon Picross to compete with...

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Yeah, I've pretty much given up on Picross e# sales as well, despite Japan getting them once or twice. Still need to get e5 & e6 eventually.

kulapik

5 euros is not a bad price, though. It could be better, yes, but it's not a bad price. Better than what you're supposed to pay for Pokemon Picross.

VegiHam

Ace Attorney Trilogy finally low enough in price to be worth it for the replay!

...on the other hand, my wallet is still crying from all my Crimbo Prezzie shopping this week :(

ramparter

Banned
either Curve is going nuts or this is one helluva typo

Lone Survivor: The Director's Cut (Curve Digital) - €1.99/£1.99 (Ends December 31, normally €11.99/£9.99)
Nova-111 (Curve Digital) - €3.99/£3.50 (Ends December 31, normally €14.99/£11.99)
OlliOlli (Curve Digital) - €3.39/£2.49 (Ends December 31, normally €9.99/£7.99)
Pumped BMX + (Curve Digital) - €4.99/£3.99 (Ends December 31, normally €9.99/£7.99)
Stealth Inc 2: A Game of Clones (Curve Digital) - €1.99/£1.59 (Ends December 31, normally €9.99/£7.99)
The Swapper (Curve Digital) - €2.99/£1.99 (Ends December 31, normally €14.99/£11.99)
The Swindle (Curve Digital) - €2.99/£1.99 (Ends December 31, normally €14.99/£11.99)
Thomas was Alone (Curve Digital) - €1.50/£1.25 (Ends December 31, normally €7.99/£6.99)

everyone buy all of these! (except for Pumped maybe, not too sure about that one)
I'd like to but they'll probably just end up sitting in my backlog never be played. I think I'll just drop 10€ to get The Swapper and 2-3 more.

GulAtiCa

Wow, Curve is going all out.
(To put in perspectives, they only earn €0.19 per sold item for Lone Survivor for example)

TheMoon

Thank you for caring about us! :D

Not to take away from it but with IARC being free, there's simply no reason for any dev not to release their game in all EU/AU region countries to maximize earnings. Not really about caring anymore (or having lots of money to dump into the rating) :D

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
& it's finally getting a decent discount this week for 50% off. Hopefully it's worth it for $15.

Also from what it sounds like, we could be getting more Smash DLC tomorrow based on the datamining (i.e. Cloud + his stage). If it's like last time, most likely will be able to download him after the presentation.

Vanillalite

I wanna go get an eshop card for my birthday to grab Steamworld or FAST, but I don't know when I'll have the time today. Guess I'll have to wait till after my birthday and snag one later in the week.

GulAtiCa

It sorta plays out like Minecraft but not really. It's much more of a Minecraft take on Steamworld Digg if anything.

There is much more of a focus on digging down further to get new materials and face actual bosses.

Yeah, I bought it to try it out. It's interesting and certainly different. I do love the ability to use the touch screen to build / dig where I want

Thank you for caring about us! :D

:)

NateDrake

Thanks. Do you have any idea how big the maps are? Are they any bigger than you can see at the end of your video?

I'm not sure. I never played Minecraft before, so this is my first time. Have anything I can watch so get a general idea of the scale I should look for in order to make a fair comparison?

GulAtiCa

Well, one way to tell. Is to make a Map. Go to the end of any side of the map (test all 4 sides). Be sure to do this from near your start position of the game.

I believe the 360/PS3 version is only 1 map size. Xbox One/PS4 is several map sizes long.
So if you can navigate into a new area, where you are way past the current map (it will show your position as essentially "offscreen") then it's bigger then last gen's version.

I'm sure by this weekend we will know for sure.

NateDrake

Well, one way to tell. Is to make a Map. Go to the end of any side of the map (test all 4 sides). Be sure to do this from near your start position of the game.

I believe the 360/PS3 version is only 1 map size. Xbox One/PS4 is several map sizes long.
So if you can navigate into a new area, where you are way past the current map (it will show your position as essentially "offscreen") then it's bigger then last gen's version.

I'm sure by this weekend we will know for sure.

Okay, thanks. I'll give that a test.

Weng

Okay, thanks. I'll give that a test.
The map should also display your coordinates. If it has the size of the PS360 version the x and z coordinates should max out at 431 and -431 (862x862) when you hit the end of the map. Apparently the biggest size of the Xbox One and PS4 versions is 5118x5118, so in this case the x and z coordinates would max out at 2559 and -2559.

NateDrake

The map should also display your coordinates. If it has the size of the PS360 version the x and z coordinates should max out at 431 and -431 (862x862) when you hit the end of the map. Apparently the biggest size of the Xbox One and PS4 versions is 5118x5118, so in this case the x and z coordinates would max out at 2559 and -2559.

I just went to the lower right corner and was stopped with these as my coordinates: X: 431 Y:63 Z: 431. So I assume that confirms it is based upon the PS360 version.

Vanillalite

It's my birthday and I want to take the time to say thanks to all of the fun times you have given me throughout the year!

Thanks Nintendoges!

Platy

Happy Birthday !

How was Onimusha Tactics? Did it age well?

It was pretty good, specialy in a world with fewer and fewer tatics games.

....but I didn't played in a long time so I don't know the answer for that other question =/

Camjo-Z

Does anyone know which of the Game and Watch games on the 3DS eShop actually have Mr. Game and watch in it?

Mr. G&W isn't actually in any specific Game and Watch games, he's just an amalgamation of the various generic characters featured in them. He does appear in Game & Watch Gallery 4 though.

Refyref

If you want to play a game on the 3DS with the old Game & Watch characters, the DSi ports of various G&W games retain the original visual style.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Sega tweeted that "Get your 100 yen coins ready, because we'll be going straight to the arcades with tomorrow's 3DS theme."

Looks like we're getting the arcade center theme, though I wonder if it'll be changed in any way.

Producer

Do you guys think there will be any more decent Wii U deals for the holidays? I see gamestop has a Wii U with MK8 for $250. I'd go with that but im not sure if there might be other upcoming bundles.

@MUWANdo

Banned
Do you guys think there will be any more decent Wii U deals for the holidays? I see gamestop has a Wii U with MK8 for $250. I'd go with that but im not sure if there might be other upcoming bundles.

You might be able to find the Smash/Splatoon bundle for $250 but that's as good as it's going to get.

Top Bottom