• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo latest GC / DS / GBA promtion movies

:lol at the Mario Party 6 commercial.

Vintage Japanese commercial wackiness. That might be the weirdest commercial I've ever seen in my life.

Donkey Kong: Jungle Beat and Fire Emblem GC looking good.

Kon Tiki

Banned
Gamecube

Video 1

Martio Tennis
Party Party 6
DK Jungle Beat
Fire Emblem

Video 2

Star Fox
Metroid Prime
Geist! (Looks better!)
Odama
Advance Wars
Chibo (?) Robot

Video 3

Naturo
BobbleHead Baeball (forgot the name :p)
VJ
Some shooter
Mech game
EA GAMES
Sims
Killer 7 RE4
Others

Nintendoods

Same video as IGN

GBA

Video 1

Wario
Fzero CM
Zelda CM
AW 1+2

Video 2

DK King of Swing
Yoshi
The Tower SP
Mario Party
Aline puzzle game (looks good!)

Video 2

3rd party games.

Bobblehead baseball
DragonaBall
Goemon
a lot i have never seen before :S

Star Fox Assault looks improved. Hopefully it'll play as well as the previous installments.

Geist and Advance Wars GC look average.

MadOdorMachine

No additional functions
Damn! Star Fox looks bad ass. Geist is looking better too. I don't know about Advance Wars though. That Chibo game looks wierd but interesting.

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
That NDS commercial rocks. Well actually it's nothing spectacular but the games look awesome

Mashing

I have NO idea what was going on in that MP6 commercial... all I do know is that I was laughing pretty hard the whole time it was on

Dragmire

Jungle Beat is my newest object of affection. Donkey Kong is back (most likely not in sales, but in my heart)! Fire Emblem GC finally looks like Fire Emblem, except it lacks the gorgeous animation during fight scenes. Yeah, I skip 'em after a while, but a console version should at least match the handheld version's animation, not downgrade (I know, 3D is hard).

The 2005 GC stuff looks more interesting than the GC has in a while. I still count Resident Evil 4 as basically GC exclusive since no one's gonna care about the game by the end of 2005 (I mean really, everyone's gonna be talking about the next-gen stuff by then). It's fine for PS2 owners who can't afford more than one machine though, I'm happy they'll get a chance to play it eventually.

I still think Nintendo's lost their touch in finding great little 2nd party devs though, Advance Wars GC and Geist really look average.

I just hope Donkey Kong: Jungle Beat isn't really short or shallow.

wow, nintendo has a really solid looking lineup coming soon, on all aspects. i think i want more than half of those games now... damn you wallet, damn you!

GaimeGuy

Volunteer Deputy Campaign Director, Obama for America '16
To be honest, length of any of these games... I don't really care about ,anymore. There's so many of them, and many of them look to have extraordinary replay value. Even Donkey Kong, which seems fairly linear, looks to have replay value, just because it looks so damn fun.

Star Fox's one player game is looking pretty cool. I didn't even know there was going to be a regular Star Fox game in there. :)

DK Jungle Beat looks like fun. I might have to buy some Kongas for that.

I want Fire Emblem. Now! Is that cel animation or just the celshaded characters in that cutscene?

I saw some GBA game that looked like a Tetris Attack clone in one of those clips. Too bad it looks like something that will never make it out of Japan.

Pellham

Banned
I wasn't expecting that kind of cut-scene quality in Fire Emblem. That's probably for the intro only, but still nice. :) The game seems to be shaping up pretty well, and it'll be fun to finally play Fire Emblem w/ next generation graphics.

olimario

Banned
ss03.jpg

ss04.jpg

ss05.jpg

ss01.jpg

ss02.jpg

fox02.jpg

fox04.jpg

fox05.jpg

ss01.jpg

ss02.jpg

ss01.jpg

ss02.jpg

ss03.jpg

ss01.jpg

ss02.jpg

ss01.jpg

ss02.jpg

ss03.jpg

ss01.jpg

ss02.jpg

http://nintendo.co.jp/n10/nwt/gcsoft/

What was this about the DS being graphically deficient again??? Some of those games look really nice in that video, much better than I was expecting for sure. Granted, the screen is a bit scaled down from it's actual size, but still...

Lots of good stuff, here. Thanks for posting it.

Tenguman

starfox looks awesome

i'm so freaken glad they have planet based flight missions

too bad the shit character based stuff is still there :/

Meier

Good stuff -- looking forward to Star Fox quite a bit. I think the N64 title is one of the most underrated major games of all time. It was utterly amazing.

Also, interesting that Nintendo apparently has picked up Chibi Robo from Bandai. This will be there second Cube game from Skip, Ltd. and I'd wager we wont get either of them in the US :( Chibi Robo probably has a better shot than Giftpia ever did though.

Chittagong

Gold Member
Meier said:
Good stuff -- looking forward to Star Fox quite a bit. I think the N64 title is one of the most underrated major games of all time. It was utterly amazing.

That's correct!

StarFox 64 is ridiculously underrated.

Some of the battles were really, really epic in scope. Remember the Indepedence Day level?

Kon Tiki

Banned
I do not mind ground mission in SF. I mean the tank mission in SF64 was great. They should drop the on the foot stuff.

Meier

Oh man I hope The Tower SP comes here. I can't even remember how many hours I sunk into Sim Tower back in the day.. I'd love it if EA/Maxis ported the SNES version of Sim City to the GBA as well. :D

Kon Tiki

Banned
The download or the avi? I was uploading them as I posted that, try the file again. The AVIs worked for me. (unless I upload the wrong file).

Edit: I had the wrong file name in the post. Fixed.

Kon Tiki

Banned
WTH. Save as? Normal click? I know the host blocked everyone but gaming-age from d/l files. Make sure you open from this page, i guess.

duderon

rollin' in the gutter
The GC links work for me using flashget.

trying the others...

All worked with flashget, was getting 300KB/s too :)

I'm not even going to look at any of the commercials. I'll just wait for SolidSnakeX to announce why they're ineffective.

Top Bottom