• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo Switch |DT2| No excellent soul is exempt from a mixture of madness

Which of these definitely """real""" leaks are you most hyped for?

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh boy...

But:

Wat

Definitely seems like someone has the 3DS and DS lines confused. Even then the information is still wrong...

Either way, I've stated before that I think we'll see VR experiences on Switch. I don't think they'll tout it at launch, and it definitely won't be full games like PSVR. We'll get Google Cardboard via Nintendo and not much else, and I'd definitely play around with that for a bit.

They need to keep it simple.

stop messing around with different colored consoles, different storage space, different accessories included ect.

have one system and produce it for the masses. There is always one sku that HEAVILY outsells the other, and they know this. I never saw the point of splitting their launch like that.

I wholeheartedly agree with you aside from the coloring. Launch should definitely be the place to have one SKU, but color options are nice down the line.

Orbis

stop messing around with different colored consoles, different storage space, different accessories included ect.

have one system and produce it for the masses. There is always one sku that HEAVILY outsells the other, and they know this. I never saw the point of splitting their launch like that.
I imagine it's so they can say "starting at $199" in marketing. When really their 'preferred' SKU is $249.

D

Deleted member 752119

Unconfirmed Member

Agree strongly.

Just have one sku, then have some special editions and/or more colors over time to boost sales here and there since their fans seem to buy up that stuff.

But keep it simple at launch with just one Sku like with most of their home console launches (especially Wii).

Are Amazon doing preorders/selling this at all? I don't really have time to stand in line anywhere on Friday.

They'll either open soon after the presentation, or in the morning. I seriously hope they don't open during the presentation, or else I'm screwed since I will likely be home right after the event ends. I'm very paranoid that preorders will go away fast, then I'll have to deal with crawling servers on multiple sites like I did for the Classic on release day. GameStop opened online orders for the NES Classic at around 1am EST of release day, so I'm hoping preorders for the Switch will happen around that time as well.

Hopefully preordering will be easy like the Xbox One and PS4. PS4 ran out of preorders in days rather than minutes. Xbox One around the same too, but Xbox One I know was getting preorder restocks frequently. This is going to be Nintendo's only current console Fiscal 2018 and onward, so it would be a VERY bad business move to have preorders so limited.

I'll continue to try to "force" the discution :)

nintendo_switch_intro_video_most_popular_nintendo_youtube-700x394.jpg

Nintendo-Switch-1-940x545.jpg

nintendo-switch-splatoon.jpg

Nintendo-Switch.jpg

Multiplayer on the go seems to be the biggest feature of the console. Outside of 2 player on the same screen, it does appear that two consoles can be used to play 2v2 versus, using a simple ad-hoc connection.
I'm intringued by the splatoon part, where 4 friends play localy against an online team.
Wonder if nintendo will add some sort of envolved "street pass" features to the whole experience.

Anyways, once more, I fully expect the oficial presentation to be heavily focused on the "real life" social aspect of the switch, and am willing to bet my hat that most of the big reveals will be based on that.

b3b0p

I believe there will be no official Nintendo sanctioned preorders. It will be up to the retailer if they want to take that chance.

D

Deleted member 752119

Unconfirmed Member
Are Amazon doing preorders/selling this at all? I don't really have time to stand in line anywhere on Friday.

Don't know yet. Especially in the US where Amazon has often not carried Nintendo hardware and just had it through 3rd parties (guess them and NOA have had some issues). They did get an exclusive N3DS bundle over the holidays, so maybe that's patched up.

I'm in tears lol

And he starts by saying Nintendo was first in VR with Virtual Boy, then he says they were first in AR/VR with the 3DS... which is it?? Also 3DS has nothing to do with VR, and I don't think Nintendo did anything with AR beyond those bundled cards that were never updated since bloody launch.

I believe there will be no official Nintendo sanctioned preorders. It will be up to the retailer if they want to take that chance.

Can you explain? Does that mean if a retailer wants to make preorders "unlimited", they can? Rather than being limited by Nintendo? I'd rather reserve one and end up getting one a week after launch rather than running out of preorders and end up making time to actually go to a store and hunt for one or dealing with online retailers on a regular basis trying to get one. Preorder, then let them handle getting me my system to me.

Don't know yet. Especially in the US where Amazon has often not carried Nintendo hardware and just had it through 3rd parties (guess them and NOA have had some issues). They did get an exclusive N3DS bundle over the holidays, so maybe that's patched up.

Yeah... That Amazon relationship has been patched up for a bit now. Nintendo's hardware has just been hard to find on all fronts recently. I see no reason for Amazon to avoid offering Switch pre-orders.

CCIE

Banned
I hope Amazon has it, because I'm not standing in a line for this or anything else. I'll order it through Amazon when available, or go down to Gamestop and put some money down that I can walk out with a system with minimal fuss.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
I've been wondering, do the separate joycon 1/2 controllers have buttons beside the face buttons like a "back" button seen on the Wiimote (the B button)?

AdanVC

Nintendo-Switch.jpg

Multiplayer on the go seems to be the biggest feature of the console. Outside of 2 player on the same screen, it does appear that two consoles can be used to play 2v2 versus, using a simple ad-hoc connection.
I'm intringued by the splatoon part, where 4 friends play localy against an online team.
Wonder if nintendo will add some sort of envolved "street pass" features to the whole experience.

Anyways, once more, I fully expect the oficial presentation to be heavily focused on the "real life" social aspect of the switch, and am willing to bet my hat that most of the big reveals will be based on that.

Drunk parties on the backyard + Mario Kart = BEAUTIFUL.

I barely go to partays like those but yeah :'(

psyfi

Banned
I'm really excited about the anywhere/anytime multiplayer, too. I really think GAF is underestimating the appeal of it, especially to families and college students. It's great to see Nintendo innovating with local multiplayer when everyone else is pushing VR (which is also cool) and games like Halo are ditching splitscreen.

Scrawnton

I've been wondering, do the separate joycon 1/2 controllers have buttons beside the face buttons like a "back" button seen on the Wiimote (the B button)?
They have the face bottoms, joy stick, two should triggers with one being analog. When you hold them sideways there are two more little shoulder buttons on the top that can only be accessed when not attached to the Switch or Joycon Grip.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
They have the face bottoms, joy stick, two should triggers with one being analog. When you hold them sideways there are two more little shoulder buttons on the top that can only be accessed when not attached to the Switch or Joycon Grip.

Ahh didn't realize it had hidden shoulder buttons

so essentially it's an SNES controller but with a stick then

I just hope the spacing of the stick and buttons is apt/ergonomical

Everything we've seen so far says no. Looks like you just have the face of the controller and the L1/L2 buttons on top. When playing with one joycon (2 player co-op), there are "bumper" buttons on the side of the controller that can be used in place of L1/R1.

Edit: I'm late but I'll leave my response as-is.

Scrawnton

Ahh didn't realize it had hidden shoulder buttons

so essentially it's an SNES controller but with a stick then

I just hope the spacing of the stick and buttons is apt/ergonomical
it doesn't seem like it will be super comfortable for people with large hands (adult males).

Not back buttons, but according to the patents, they have L and R buttons in the side that attaches to the screen.

Edit: aaaand late.

majorscud

I am hoping pre-orders happen at Gamestop on Friday. I have the morning off to order one, but if they aren't selling them it will be a long wait for nothing.

I am hoping pre-orders happen at Gamestop on Friday. I have the morning off to order one, but if they aren't selling them it will be a long wait for nothing.
I called my Gamestop and they said to come Friday in the morning early to preorder.
They would not say how many they are getting though.

D

Deleted member 752119

Unconfirmed Member
There hasn't really been a realistic styled Metroid, they've all generally followed a distinct style, heck Fusion felt like a comic book. I wouldn't be opposed to a cartoon styled Metroid but it would have to justify it.

There's a huge range or art styles between cartoony and realistic. I didn't say I wanted it realistic. Just a modern HD version of the MP 1-3 aesthetic.

There seem to be two shoulder buttons on the top (the part that's facing the actual Switch when connected) if that's what you mean

aBarreras

And he starts by saying Nintendo was first in VR with Virtual Boy, then he says they were first in AR/VR with the 3DS... which is it?? Also 3DS has nothing to do with VR, and I don't think Nintendo did anything with AR beyond those bundled cards that were never updated since bloody launch.

they did a lot of things with AR, dont remember much but i think chibi robo and denpa men? or something like that?

My guess is $59.99 for an extra pair of Joy-Cons. Individual left/right Joy-Cons won't be available at retail but will be through Nintendo.com for like $35-40 each.

What do you folks think?

Mortemis

Banned
I love what platinum brings to gaming, but I don't think I'd enjoy what they'd do with metroid if it's similar to what they do with most of their IPs. It's just not what I'm looking for in a metroid game.

But I've already came to the realization that I'm probably never getting a metroid game that's suited to my tastes again since it's been so long, so it's okay. So if platinum made it and it's fun, I'd play it.

My guess is $59.99 for an extra pair of Joy-Cons. Individual left/right Joy-Cons won't be available at retail but will be through Nintendo.com for like $35-40 each.

What do you folks think?

I'll have to agree with you on this one for the pair, but I don't think they'd be that much separately. I'm also thinking the Pro Controller will be sold for $60. Joycon Grip will most likely be a $20 to $30 accessory but I'm expecting to see one in the box.

Kikorin

Nintendo strategy is to use mobile games to train the main games, so yes, a new Animal Crossing for Switch is pretty much confirmed (obviously).

Also, I think they were already developing a new chapter for Wii U, but they delayed it for Switch because of the console flop. They even had released a Wii U plaza with all animals and HD assets...

Ticking away the moments that make up a dull day
Fritter and waste the hours in an off-hand way
Kicking around on a piece of ground in your home town
Waiting for Nintendo and Reggie to show you the way

Atheerios

Nintendo-Switch.jpg

That's just 4 player VS local play. There's nothing new with that, as all Nintendo handhelds since the GBA have been capable of local multiplayer (and even the DS and 3DS were capable of up to 16 players simultaneously).

That's just 4 player VS local play. There's nothing new with that, as all Nintendo handhelds since the GBA have been capable of local multiplayer (and even the DS and 3DS were capable of up to 16 players simultaneously).

2 person local multiplayer on one console that doesn't require a TV is going to be a big deal if done right. I'm pretty sure the patents showed that up to 4 people can play via one Switch, though that wouldn't be ideal if you weren't using a TV.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom