• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo Switch |DT2| No excellent soul is exempt from a mixture of madness

Which of these definitely """real""" leaks are you most hyped for?

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
LOL Walmart
Walmart-NS-Leak.jpg

Thats almost 9000 mexican pesos.

My headline: "Switch is 9000 dollars"

D

Deleted member 752119

Unconfirmed Member
Absolutely. The fact that a lot of people are sleeping on it amazes me. Nintendo's done a 180 from where they were with the Wiiu. Just like the original Wii this is aiming for an inclusive environment with multiple people.

It's just one of those wait and see if it catches on thing.

For many of us old fogey's, it's moot as a lot of us don't have real life local friends that are still gamers and/or we just don't have any interest in getting together and playing games with the limited time we do get with friends given busy work/family lives.

But it could be something that catches on and is big among the younger crowd like Goldeneye, Mario Kart etc. on N64 and things like Tekken and other fighting games, were back when we were in college and having late night gaming sessions with friends in our dorms/apartments.

D

Deleted member 752119

Unconfirmed Member
I still don't think we'll see a "deluxe" SKU, but I wouldn't doubt that we'll get retailer exclusive bundles. Nintendo seems to love doing that lately.

Retailers also love doing their own bundles for scarce items so they can throw in accessories etc. at jacked up prices.

The recent Gamestop NES Classic bundles with the book, knickknacks, a ? block lamp and other junk being a prime example.

Sesuadra

Unconfirmed Member
Multiplayer being like this is exactly why Pokémon can now be on a home console. Though I do question things. At official competitions, it connects via IR in order to not get hit by signal interference. I wonder how they will get around that

I'd love it if it had StreetPass features in the console, but I honestly am not expecting it

USB C cables?

optimiss

If Nintendo is serious about VR they should really be using a 2560x1440 panel. That way you get integer scaling for 1280x720 games and a good resolution for simple, but sharp VR as well. We know the X1 can output 4k. Any idea how much a panel of that resolution goes for these days? I assume too much to be included. :(

TunaLover

Convinient for some maybe but not even a fraction as fun for most
I guess it depends on peoples own experience, in my case I don't have friends that are into gaming like me, or the ones that are into it are PS guys, so my multiplayer session get squandered to playing with family that is not pretty good at gaming, with the consecuence that having to handicap myself to avoid the other get upset or bored.

It's just one of those wait and see if it catches on thing.

For many of us old fogey's, it's moot as a lot of us don't have real life local friends that are still gamers and/or we just don't have any interest in getting together and playing games with the limited time we do get with friends given busy work/family lives.

But it could be something that catches on and is big among the younger crowd like Goldeneye, Mario Kart etc. on N64 and things like Tekken and other fighting games, were back when we were in college and having late night gaming sessions with friends in our dorms/apartments.

I get it. I was in college for the goldeneye days. So my online gaming is the only way I'm playing with my friends nowadays. But it's still a good idea. As you said especially for the younger crowd but also with a lot of the get together's or what not. My wife wants to get into gaming with me but she's not really into the complex controls so something around this would probably be a little bit easier to manage.

Frodo

The hype is starting to get to me.

I hope Nintendo delivers with Zelda. That has been the only thing in gaming that has got my interest for the last few months.

The later years of the Wii were bad. But I feel way more burned by the Wii U tbh.

I definitely stopped playing the Wii U pretty early, whereas I still played the Wii after I replaced it (and now I finally have Dolphin to re-play my games, so that sometimes happens). But it's hard for me to gauge how much of that is the system, as (A) Homebrew Channel dramatically increased the go-back value of the Wii for me, whereas the Wii U didn't get similar treatment until much later (like... recently, right?); and (B) I've been into a relationship the past four years and that makes home gaming more awkward.

In fact, part "B" is a thing that specifically gets alleviated by the Switch (much more than by the Wii U, although that console's design did make a go at it).

quoting myself since no one seems to have seen my post but I think it's rather relevant. There are people who can't watch the event live and will watch it later and don't want to know things.

do we have a no spoiler thread for people in europe who don't hear their allarm clock?
we should have one.

Lgndryhr

I am unable to find the switch on brickseek in the walmart inventory checker. Will ask a friend to check the store database later today to see if this corporate or local to store.

Edit: The sku on walmart.com is 4646529, but brickseek shows nothing. My friend said he was told by electronics dept that Wal-Mart will start presells Friday.

The problem being there's a ton of mass-market titles that wouldn't be playable using those controller fobs (or joy things, whatever you want to call them). You'd need a steady stream of titles to make it a selling point. It potentially would be coasting by on Mario Kart and Smash Bros for months.

quoting myself since no one seems to have seen my post but I think it's rather relevant. There are people who can't watch the event live and will watch it later and don't want to know things.

Just stay up for it, nobody ever looks back on their life and remembers the nights they got plenty of sleep

If Nintendo is serious about VR they should really be using a 2560x1440 panel. That way you get integer scaling for 1280x720 games and a good resolution for simple, but sharp VR as well. We know the X1 can output 4k. Any idea how much a panel of that resolution goes for these days? I assume too much to be included. :(

I imagine that having a 1440p screen would also dramaticallly reduce battery life, possibly to the point of making it a nonviable system unless they made it much thicker with a heavier battery. So it's not just the price alone that dictates their choice here.

DOA Nintendo never learns, might as well get a PS4 Pro

Lol you know how it goes

Its gotta be a Placeholder or huge retailer bundle

Either way if Walmart doesnt sell the standalone Switch then... getting it there might be off the table unless the bundle is amazing

D

Deleted member 752119

Unconfirmed Member
Just stay up for it, nobody ever looks back on their life and remembers the nights they got plenty of sleep

Lol.

Someone lived a pretty sad life if they spend any amount of time looking back at staying up to watch a video game console reveal presser from Japan, so I'm not sure that's such a compelling argument. ;)

TunaLover

The problem being there's a ton of mass-market titles that wouldn't be playable using those controller fobs (or joy things, whatever you want to call them). You'd need a steady stream of titles to make it a selling point. It potentially would be coasting by on Mario Kart and Smash Bros for months.
Skyward Sword HD, No More Heroes 3, Okami 2, and pointer support for all those FPS would be a good start.

Lgndryhr

I am unable to find the switch on brickseek in the walmart inventory checker. Will ask a friend to check the store database later today to see if this corporate or local to store.

Edit: The sku on walmart.com is 4646529, but brickseek shows nothing. My friend said he was told by electronics dept that Wal-Mart will start presells Friday.

My friend verified this is a placeholder price in wal-mart system. It also lists launch date as March 17th.

TunaLover

Man, I'm think I won't be able to see it directly :c, and old girl friend call me and invite me to her place tonight, worst fucking timing ever, she had like 3 months free to call me and decide this fucking night... :c

psyfi

Banned
The thought of possibly playing BOTW in two months is so exciting. I've been dreaming about an open world 3D Zelda since at least 1996. :)

ChanoMarrano

Neo Member
I'll continue to try to "force" the discution :)

nintendo_switch_intro_video_most_popular_nintendo_youtube-700x394.jpg

Nintendo-Switch-1-940x545.jpg

nintendo-switch-splatoon.jpg

Nintendo-Switch.jpg

Multiplayer on the go seems to be the biggest feature of the console. Outside of 2 player on the same screen, it does appear that two consoles can be used to play 2v2 versus, using a simple ad-hoc connection.
I'm intringued by the splatoon part, where 4 friends play localy against an online team.
Wonder if nintendo will add some sort of envolved "street pass" features to the whole experience.

Anyways, once more, I fully expect the oficial presentation to be heavily focused on the "real life" social aspect of the switch, and am willing to bet my hat that most of the big reveals will be based on that.

Mmm...

So, Mario Kart is going to bring local multiplayer with 12 or more players at the same time, right?

7roject28

I imagine that having a 1440p screen would also dramaticallly reduce battery life, possibly to the point of making it a nonviable system unless they made it much thicker with a heavier battery. So it's not just the price alone that dictates their choice here.

Maybe that's why the battery is rumored to be bad in the first place!

dezzy8

Man, I'm think I won't be able to see it directly :c, and old girl friend call me and invite me to her place tonight, worst fucking timing ever, she had like 3 months free to call me and decide this fucking night... :c
Hit, roll over and Watch press conference. Unless you goin all night.

maxcriden

Ah, it's fine. Actually the more the merrier, if I think it through. I will still be able to enjoy 45 minutes of Switch goodness at home and will be able to keep watching on the bus. Just those 15 minutes between home and the bus are compromised :p

Thanks!

NP! I hope it exceeds all of your expectations and then some!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom