• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Formula One 2010 Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shaneus

Schumacher getting shut down :lol

If everything stays the same, it would turn out to be a streak of amazing luck for Webber to have only dropped one spot from starting on pole. Great driving from both him and Hammy, incredible shame for Button too.

Pachael

Mark would be quite unhappy with that start but happy enough to recover second and have Seb imploding on himself multiple times.

Shaneus said:
Schumacher getting shut down :lol

If everything stays the same, it would turn out to be a streak of amazing luck for Webber to have only dropped one spot from starting on pole. Great driving from both him and Hammy, incredible shame for Button too.
don't forget Kubica, like webber, the one mistake cost him a position on track otherwise, he had a great race

Pimpwerx

Great race from Lewis. Second Spa win! That's right...'08 will always count to me. The man has demonstrated amply now that he has conquered Spa's elements. With Kimi out (who was brilliant around there), Lewis has to be new king of Spa. One official win may not be enough, but I'm crowning him. :D

Good second for Webber. It was what most people pegged him for anyway. RBR looks stupid now. They backed the wrong horse in the WDC race. PEACE.

scarybore

Good race even if the liar won. Glad to see Webber recovered from his crap start, couldn't help but laugh at how Vettel messed everything up.

Britprog said:
Get in there Lewis, getting him in racemanager has paid off!!!

Everything went horribly wrong for me. :lol Changed from Webber and Red Bull Chassis to Ferrari and Alonso and I think Barrichello was my second driver, fucking atrocious all round. I think this will be the first race I'll go down the table.

Edit: Thank god, I went with Kubica and not Barrichello, wasn't a complete waste.

Dead Man

Great drive from Hamilton, much as I wish he beached it when he went off! All I can say is not all accidents involve Vettel, but all Vettels involve accidents.

I don't think there can be too much doubt the Renault unit is down on power, or the Mercedes unit is up, whichever way you choose to look at it.

Shaneus

Dead Man said:
All I can say is not all accidents involve Vettel, but all Vettels involve accidents.
:lol
Definitely Webber and Hammy for the title now. Hopefully we'll see more respect from both RBR and Vettel toward Mark given that he's clearly the more consistently good driver.

Pimpwerx

Wax Free Vanilla said:
that's button and alonso out of the championship hunt.

mclaren will dominate monza.
Without the sabotage, it would be:

Alonso 131
Massa 119

...and even on wins. Felipe got robbed. :( PEACE.

avaya

Spa was beautiful as always, shame about the bus-stop and liberal use of run-offs. Would have seen only 3 or 4 cars finish today if it was old school.

I did enjoy seeing Vettel take Button out. Very amusing. My favourite bit of the race.

Also "Felipe is faster than you. Can you confirm you understand this message?"

Webbo just needs to survive Monza and bang, Singapore and Suzuka will be funtimes.

Deadman

If ferrari had to choose to support 1 driver for the title then Red Bull and McLaren have to now, the difference in points between the drivers in each team is about the same.

On a personal note im now over £200 in profit on betting on races this year. I almost died when hamilton went off today.

Best race I've ever seen from Hamilton.

But Singapore is Red Bull's to lose, Suzuka and Interlagos should be strong tracks for them. It is looking very ominous for Mclaren and Alonso

Also Spa doesn't feel right without Kimi :(

Lucius86

Banned
Deadman said:
On a personal note im now over £200 in profit on betting on races this year. I almost died when hamilton went off today.

Well done! I only bet on one race, and came up £20+. Perhaps I should do the same...

DrM

Redmond's Baby
Monza will suit Mclaren. But after that, they will be toast without some serious upgrades on their car.

Massa

Juicy Bob said:
At least Vettel admits responsibility and apologises.

Yup.

_47957064_redbullscollide512.jpg

_47957094_vettelfingerafp466.jpg

Britprog

DrM said:
Is just me or did Mclaren sounded different this race? That ignition trick ala RBR?

Yes martin brundle said something about that during the race.

I thought RB only did it qualifying, Merc has a stronger engine so McLaren maybe doing it during the race too?

navanman

Crown Prince of Custom Firmware
DrM said:
Is just me or did Mclaren sounded different this race? That ignition trick ala RBR?

Yeah it does. It makes a very low sounding growl under lift-off and braking.
Must be the way they are feeding the diffuser.

Pimpwerx said:
http://twitter.com/Sebas_Vettel

Vettel's twitter meltdown is pretty amusing. He's calling out people for not being an F1 driver. :lol Says he had to try an overtake because only 7 races left in the season. PEACE.

" You should know that by being a racing driver you are under risks all the time. Being a racing driver means you are racing with other people and if you no longer go for a gap that exists you are no longer a racing driver - because we are competing, we are competing to win and the main motivation to all of us is to compete for a victory. It's not to come third, fourth, fifth or sixth"

It was a horrible accident but he is there to compete to win or maximise the amount of points he can realistically get. As he gets more experience he probably will be a more mature racer and settle for good results but it is part of a racing driver's mentality to compete

Another wasted front row start by a Red Bull driver.

Webber finished well but he seems to be prone to bad starts. Vettel shows again he's an average racer when he can't rocket off to the lead.

Waste of an amazing car.

mrklaw

MrArseFace
any chance of the McLarens getting decent upgrades by Singapore? or will it be damage limitation for the end of the season?

DrM

Redmond's Baby
mrklaw said:
any chance of the McLarens getting decent upgrades by Singapore? or will it be damage limitation for the end of the season?
Upgrade is planned for Singapore, but i think they will suffer there, due to bumpy track. Suzuka and Interlagos should be much better, Korea is ????, Abu Dhabi is somewhere between.

But first, Monza should suit Mclaren very well, they should go for 1-2.

dalin80

Banned
Foliorum Viridum said:
Button is so unlucky the last few races.

:'(

Its hard to say he was unlucky in the last race as he had a poor race following a very bad qualifying.

This race he was unlucky thanks to vettel.

If vettel does win this years championship it will be down to nothing but the pure pace of the car as his actual racing skills are pretty much the worst on the grid, i like webber but its hard to see him as one of the top drivers.

So we have red bull with the fastest car by far but weak drivers, mclaren with a weak car but excellent drivers (LH is easily best in the field at the mo) or ferrari who each week run out of the garage, shoot themselves in the foot and then run back inside.

navanman

Crown Prince of Custom Firmware
Coulthard made a great point today after the race. Alonso has made more mistakes with Ferrari this season than he probably did in the previous seasons with Renault combined.
Ferrari are so up and down this year, very very strange.

Chris R

Vettel attack force out in full strength after today's race :eek:

Honestly having just watched the race I didn't see anything wrong with either collision and believe there shouldn't have been a penalty. I'll have to go back and watch them again but the Button incident looked like greasy track plus losing it under breaking, nothing intential about it (aka a 'racing incident') Only saw the second coming together once but again at first glance I saw nothing wrong.

Don't really understand the full on attack and strength of the hate he is getting today. Understandable if you don't like him but to say he has no skills is insane.

John_B

Vettel is very skilled, one of the fastest drivers on the grid, he just couldn't overtake an ice cream truck without causing a collision. I'm not sure if you can develop yourself into a great overtaker this late, but it's certainly something that might keep him from achieving the level of Alonso and Hamilton.

Hamilton is definitely the strongest driver so far this season. Unmatched overtakes, has yet to be overtaken in a duel (excep for that shady Button move), and the only driver not from RBR to achieve pole.

This season is very exciting and it will absolutely come down to coolness in the last 3-4 races. We'll see if Hamilton might have matured enough to handle it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom