• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Madden '15 PS4 League Thread: We Know DOTA

brentech

I do not have a PM from you sir.

I'll be home around 5 EST.

Spent 7 miserable hours at the fair yesterday just so the kids could be happy. #theshitiputupwith
Hrm, weird. Sent it about an hour before that post.
Had just asked when you can play, so that's fine. Sometime after then should work fine.

TheCrow

Twin Peaks is back(in 2016)!
happytears.gif

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
I played a couple for glory matches in smash last night against some guy. he kept just barely beating me. 2 of the 3 went to sudden death. Being able to play 1 on 1 smash with minimal lag is the best.

BigAT

Bryan Wiedey ‏@pastapadre
In addition to the online league disappointment w/ NBA 2K15, early online reports complain of cripping lag...and hardly anyone is on yet!

DPnU4Ig.gif

I played a couple for glory matches in smash last night against some guy. he kept just barely beating me. 2 of the 3 went to sudden death. Being able to play 1 on 1 smash with minimal lag is the best.

My game did have input lag yesterday when we were playing. I tried again a little after we stopped and I would press a button, take my finger off of the button, and then my character would do what I told him. It was at least a half second of lag. I tried again later last night and it was gone. I have no idea why it was doing that probably my connection.

brentech

We still need to work the ball around a little more instead of just going straight aggression everytime we have the ball.
Outside of myself, I think I've only seen two others change the field of play in the games I've been in.

We still need to work the ball around a little more instead of just going straight aggression everytime we have the ball.
Outside of myself, I think I've only seen two others change the field of play in the games I've been in.

Does the bolded mean to swing the ball to the other side of the field if the defense overloads one side?

I agree on all counts anyways. Something I've been trying to do better at is to look for who I can pass to as the ball is getting to me, and then getting to another spot to create passing lanes and stretch the defense. I do think there are too many instances where we go for the home run play or over-dribble instead of trying to kill them with singles (multiple short passes going backwards/forwards, east/west till someone has a really clear lane or we have an advantage in numbers) which I think gets us better looks.

Sometimes I forget when playing even by myself that just doing a bunch of passes that may seem to go nowhere at first, ends up getting the best looking goals. Also keeps the ball away from them.

brentech

Yeah, bringing the ball from someone like the LM to the RM or RAM.

Other issue is people still overlapping and just trying to get the ball themselves all the time. A perfect example yesterday was while I was playing the LM position and ran down the opposing player with the ball.
For some reason, who ever was playing LAM at the time was basically right on top of me, so when I won the ball, I had no one to pass the ball forward to. And they were so close I couldn't even pass it anywhere without it getting deflected.

That is the most annoying thing to me, because if I play a mid field position, I rarely even touch the ball unless I win it myself or the CPU chooses to pass it to me. So I finally have the ball and our forwards are no where near where they should be since they want to play the whole field.
And then they complain when their player pulls a muscle and is stuck standing still, lol.

On and ready when you are!

heading on

www.twitch.tv/brenttrek
Browns VS Falcons

brentech

Other than picks we never stopped each other, I think maybe one time each. From the 10 or 15 or whatever that was, I had to go for it to end the game.

Shit was crazy game.

Other than picks we never stopped each other, I think maybe one time each. From the 10 or 15 or whatever that was, I had to go for it to end the game.

Shit was crazy game.

FB Dive is right up there with QB sneak as far as money plays on inches to go.

Chicken shit call.

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
Maybe this can be the catalyst for finally getting FB dive banned!

Mike Alstott and Brandon Jacobs has scarred me for life.

Greg

I got stuffed on a FB 4th and inches/goal with the game on the line in this very league!

but nothing the Jaguars do is relevant to balance in this game, so #YOLO

brentech

I don't know of if it happens in career mode, but online H2H if you kick a field goal, and the clock expires, there is a second overtime period.

I've really not seen FB dive as what it once was. It's the first time I've used it in the league, and only because it would be used in that situation in a real game.

Kicking a field goal with more extra time is basically just a punt in our game.

feel free to watch it, really didn't think it was going to be a controversy considering how our game went: http://www.twitch.tv/brenttrek/b/575563696

Top Bottom