• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Madden '15 PS4 League Thread: We Know DOTA

just came in to post that

weird the download only showing up as just over 4GB though in the progress bar?

It's going to be like the show where you don't download a lot and you get psyched thinking that it's done, only to start the game and sit there for another 8 hours while it downloads the rest of the game.

Greg

paying money for a game while its superior (Path of Exile) is free...

It's going to be like the show where you don't download a lot and you get psyched thinking that it's done, only to start the game and sit there for another 8 hours while it downloads the rest of the game.
that sounds exactly like what I want to do at midnight tomorrow!

GQman2121

Banned
Glad this worked out....

YjV1YdF.gif

I hope not. I probably won't preorder anymore digital games if that's what happens.

Greg

oh, the 4 finished and updated the info menu on the download - now it's downloading the rest of the 17 GB

eznark

Banned
I want to have more time to play me games.

Stop sleeping so much.

Did Madden automatically start downloading the rest? I'm at like 3.8 of the 4 gigs. As long as the rest starts downloading right away I just might get to play tonight!

eznark

Banned
It's like getting to play pickup basketball* every night but without the hassle of leaving your house!

*this is an assumption on my part and a rhetorical tool used to reach our "urban" friend smokey. I do not play basketball and given my druthers I would've said "pond hockey"

Greg

Stop sleeping so much.

Did Madden automatically start downloading the rest? I'm at like 3.8 of the 4 gigs. As long as the rest starts downloading right away I just might get to play tonight!
yeah, it did automatically for me

Smokey

Co-op competitive gaming.

It's like getting to play pickup basketball* every night but without the hassle of leaving your house!

*this is an assumption on my part and a rhetorical tool used to reach our "urban" friend smokey. I do not play basketball and given my druthers I would've said "pond hockey"

Look how long it's taking the Texans to get good. 500 hours is nothing!

This is why I don't play. I don't like YOU people 6/7 days of the week. That 7th day is exclusively reserved for Twinhead.

This is why I don't play. I don't like YOU people 6/7 days of the week. That 7th day is exclusively reserved for Twinhead.

Play with me and FMT and Bob and Livewire!

We'll become the A Team in no time

Feel bad about hockey bros getting fucked by the move to next-gen.

....oh well, Madden is feature complete!!

Did you have to remind me about EA's abomination again :(

My Time Practicing the Screen Play and these are my findings. Can someone who has the game practice the screenplay.

The Screen Play is severely artificially hamstrung. I've been testing the screen play in practice mode all types of screens(playing as Steelers All Pro Game Speed: Slow) and I have found that the Programmers have programmed the QB to stride in quicksand. If you start the screen under center they will allow you the natural stride the first 3 steps after that the QB enters quicksand mode slowing him down so much so and they speed up the DLineman making the screen play from under center virtually impossible.

The same can be said about the screenplay from the shotgun. Even though you start with separation you enter quicksand mode on your first step but you still can to a lessor degree make the throw.

I have found in order to make the screenplay somewhat successful is you have to hit the R2 Sprint button which makes your QB turns his back to the Lind of Scrimage(LOS) which is unrealistic to make the throw.

Go to practice mode and try it for yourself. When I get home I'm going to change the game speed to normal and see if that makes a difference.

I'm playing on the PS4.

My Time Practicing the Screen Play and these are my findings. Can someone who has the game practice the screenplay.

The Screen Play is severely artificially hamstrung. I've been testing the screen play in practice mode all types of screens(playing as Steelers All Pro Game Speed: Slow) and I have found that the Programmers have programmed the QB to stride in quicksand. If you start the screen under center they will allow you the natural stride the first 3 steps after that the QB enters quicksand mode slowing him down so much so and they speed up the DLineman making the screen play from under center virtually impossible.

The same can be said about the screenplay from the shotgun. Even though you start with separation you enter quicksand mode on your first step but you still can to a lessor degree make the throw.

I have found in order to make the screenplay somewhat successful is you have to hit the R2 Sprint button which makes your QB turns his back to the Lind of Scrimage(LOS) which is unrealistic to make the throw.

Go to practice mode and try it for yourself. When I get home I'm going to change the game speed to normal and see if that makes a difference.

I'm playing on the PS4.

Didn't notice this at all.. I found the screens to be more difficult in M15 than in M25 or NCAA 14, but they just require better timing. You can no longer run back ~8 yards and then wait for the RB to get separation, you have to dump it much quicker... Usually like 3 steps, maybe 5, and then dump. I was getting sacked a lot in my first game but then realized you just have to get rid of the ball quicker on the screens in M15 than in M25 or NCAA 14.

With some practice I was able to get them to work fine.

Playing on Xbox One, All Pro, player speed: slow, everything else defaults.

Didn't notice this at all.. I found the screens to be more difficult in M15 than in M25 or NCAA 14, but they just require better timing. You can no longer run back ~8 yards and then wait for the RB to get separation, you have to dump it much quicker... Usually like 3 steps, maybe 5, and then dump. I was getting sacked a lot in my first game but then realized you just have to get rid of the ball quicker on the screens in M15 than in M25 or NCAA 14.

With some practice I was able to get them to work fine.

Playing on Xbox One, All Pro, player speed: slow, everything else defaults.

Do me a favor and go to practice and do a screen play, just drop back and watch the QB stride and how it changes from regular to bogged down. I'm at work, want be able to do it until later.

Unfortunately my timer ran out on EA Access so I can't confirm till tomorrow. I didn't try it in practice, but ran several successful screens with the Bears, Bengals, and Eagles.

TheCrow

Oh no! Lets talk about dota more and scare them off. So, who's excited for techies this week.

also Asia Amore is great and I now have a new wallpaper. Thank you ice bucket challenge.
happytears.gif

Top Bottom