• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Madden '15 PS4 League Thread: We Know DOTA

Greg

I take it you weren't a fan of the original XBOX controller?
only for the offset sticks feeling weird to me, but that's all of them

Sony cheaped out on the DS4.
I've had no complaints so far... feels like improvement over DS3 in all ways that I can think except battery life? L2/R2 are a bit slippery to me and they squeak on one of my controllers since I opened it though

Maybe it's because I play sports games and shooters 98% of the time? I dunno

If you're like Greg and just play the great #DRIVECLUB the majority of the the you prob won't have issues
challenge me in a shooter, bro

Smokey

challenge me in a shooter, bro

Greg. Pls.

You're out of your element here. Only shooter you'd have a chance in against me is SOCOM and that's only because you could use the camera to see that I'm coming .

What a trash series that was

Greg

Greg. Pls.

You're out of your element here. Only shooter you'd have a chance in against me is SOCOM and that's only because you could use the camera to see that I'm coming .

What a trash series that was
I may be the Jags of Dota and play like the Jags in Madden, but that's not the case for most games

it's ok, just for you we can play a game with respawns!

I like the PS4 controller much better but I don't play many FPS. Maybe xbone is better for fps but not sports, action or platformers! I beat Rayman on xbone but what a pain with that controller

LJ11

SOCOM may have become trash but the first two were awesome.

Of course you can swing the camera and see around a corner, it's a 3rd person shooter.

brentech

I assume the only reason mine haven't busted up is because I have 4 of them. Of course, now I use the white one almost exclusively as I hardly even play the PS4 in the living room and it's totally fine. Maybe they made them better, dunno.

lol, same. My living room PS4 has only been used for Madden and a few games of Golf Club since I got the one in my office.

I'm going to see if I can run ethernet up here. I think if I run it into my garage I can bring it up to any room upstairs. It works decent enough, but I hate the powerline adapter since it seems to really struggle if I throw a switch on this end of it. It really has to go straight to one device.

Greg

Of course you can swing the camera and see around a corner, it's a 3rd person shooter.
I didn't know it was possible for me to like you more

S2 had so many classic maps... it's a shame they're just rotting away

Smokey

Were the first two awesome or was it really all PS owners had to play online and it was a forced love

LJ11

Were the first two awesome or was it really all PS owners had to play online and it was a forced love

Nah, they were legit good. Back then I played a lot of CounterStrike, Wolfenstein, had a gaming PC, so I was used to playing online shooters. Biggest hurdle was draw distance, and moving in 3rd person. But once it clicked, man it was awesome. I fucking loved that game. Xbox replaced my gaming PC and I didn't go back until last year, not that I call what I play on it going back, lol.

SOCOM gets tagged with being a game starving PS fans had to play because there was nothing else, but I thought it was legit on it's own.

I didn't know it was possible for me to like you more

S2 had so many classic maps... it's a shame they're just rotting away

Played them religiously dude, huge huge fan. Lots of memories. Last of Us was dope as fuck in my mind as well, I'm not starving just love the way it played.

Greg

Played them religiously dude, huge huge fan. Lots of memories. Last of Us was dope as fuck in my mind as well, I'm not starving just love the way it played.
I'm surprised no one stepped in to fill that void (military/tactical/3rd person) on consoles when the audience is there. Definitely won't come anywhere close to CoD numbers, but they'd at least stick with the game.

And I still need to go back to The Last of Us MP... Madden came out shortly after I got my PS4, so I only put a handful of hours into it outside of single player. Obviously would prefer a mode without the crafting/perks, but that survivor mode was the closest I've felt to a SOCOM experience on consoles in a long time.

Gears of War didn't know what the fuck they were doing when it came to matchmaking and lobbies. Fun game but playing with friends was obnoxiously difficult.

The game I miss the most is Splinter Cell double agent. That game had such an awesome MP. Was such a blast.

Mrbob

I just can't get into competitive shooters anymore. Tribes was the pinnacle for me. Titanfall was so close. Perhaps if respawn makes an actual game instead of a good idea I'll be back onboard.

Sunset overdrive downloading on my xb1. Time to get in some beyond earth tonight waiting for the game to unlock.

Edit: Yeah Gears 1 was pretty fun.

TheCrow

Gears was so good. Had a 4 stack and we played a ton of matches. Fuck, we even had a gamebattles team set up and ran scrims. Even with the host advantage it was a blast.

Greg

I just can't get into competitive shooters anymore. Tribes was the pinnacle for me. Titanfall was so close. Perhaps if respawn makes an actual game instead of an good idea to be back onboard.

Downloading sunset overdrive downloading on my xb1. Time to get in some beyond earth tonight waiting for the game to unlock.
I'm not a huge fan of the pacing and emphasis on unlocks in most of them these days - it's like you have to play 100 hours just to get a feel for what the end game is like and be on an even playing field

I think developers forget people will still play their game if it's actually fun and not hiding behind experience systems

TheCrow

I'm not a huge fan of the pacing and emphasis on unlocks in most of them these days - it's like you have to play 100 hours just to get a feel for what the end game is like and be on an even playing field

I think developers forget people will still play their game if it's actually fun and not hiding behind experience systems

I just play dota for the level up presents. Come on invoker capes!

eznark

Banned
I just can't get into competitive shooters anymore. Tribes was the pinnacle for me. Titanfall was so close. Perhaps if respawn makes an actual game instead of an good idea I'll be back onboard.

Sunset overdrive downloading on my xb1. Time to get in some beyond earth tonight waiting for the game to unlock.

Edit: Yeah Gears 1 was pretty fun.

It's not very good. I've played two civs to 150 turns and the pacing is just off. There is so little happening, and the visual representation of what is happening is so bland, that it's just not enjoyable. It shouldn't be a surprise since this is basically just an extensive Civ V mod, but the combat is still totally shit as well. AI is dumber than ever. You'd think after five years they would've figured out one unit per tile combat. NOPE!

BigAT

Counter-Strike has none of that! Really glad CS:GO has got a ton of momentum right now, it seemed to be completely dead for a while there.

brentech

Damn, never saw that you sent me an invite yesterday eznark. I was definitely on the, but never saw it in my notifications on that system.

eznark

Banned
Damn, never saw that you sent me an invite yesterday eznark. I was definitely on the, but never saw it in my notifications on that system.

Was trying to get you to join in the daily strike. I was a the last boss and couldn't kill it.

Shit game probably won't let you join a strike in progress though.

Fucking piece of garbage, can't wait to spend all night playing it again.

Somnia

I'm about to hit 21, need to grind my way up to do this shit with you guys. I'm down for the weekly strikes if anyone ever needs someone, just throw me an invite (if PSN sends it).

Was trying to get you to join in the daily strike. I was a the last boss and couldn't kill it.

You can join a strike in progress. You can actually die in a nightfall, leave, and then rejoin as long as you have a teammate still alive in the map too. There's also a cheap spot where adds don't touch you for every strike boss in the game so you can just have 1 guy go to that spot and have the other two fight boss, die, leave, rejoin, kill boss. Game is designed so strange.

brentech

I remember reading that you needed help and looked to see if you were at the strike but it said you were in orbit.

Nightz

If you need help still, I can run it with you tonight.

I have no idea what it is about Madden, but once I sit down and play an online, I quickly want to run another one and then another one. Game still grabs me, love the competition.

We haven't played yet this year, we need to at some point if we aren't this upcoming season

lol, same. apparently ph33 hits the PS button all the time when having to push the left stick to the right. I don't know how that's possible.

Have 3 controllers and none of the sticks are even showing any form of wear
/shrug

I can see people that are really aggressive on it tearing them up though

I only hit the PS button in the middle of FIFA, and for some stupid reason, it ONLY happens when we're inside the opposing team's box! That's why you guys have sometimes heard me go "Oh shit! Fuck!" While everyone else is cheering and I have to ask what just happened.

TheCrow

It hilarious when pyrion flax tryhards as the carry and yells at his teammates.
laugh.gif

brentech

I should be able to if before 10.

My wife's new store opens today.
Now she has to do an upper GI test Thursday and then a gallbladder function test after that sometime in the next week.
Hopefully they'll figure something out. I don't think they can do anything else after that if they don't...we're at the end it seems.

brentech

ohhh man.
Amazon Fire Stick TV has native twitch support, along with the obvious amazon instant video. Gotta grab one now @ $20 bucks, can't beat that.

At a minimum I'll use it to watch the last 2 seasons of Sopranos. I never got into it when it was airing, but I've been watching it over the last month.

eznark

Banned
Thanks.

I have no use for this with the Roku stick's and Chromecasts littering drawers unused, but it's $20! Maybe I'll actually like this one!

brentech

yeah, I basically only use my chromecast in the basement for netflix while working out on the rower or bike. but with twitch and amazon instant video, maybe i'll just give the chromecast to my brother in-law. Pretty sure he could use it for netflix alone.

ohhh man.
Amazon Fire Stick TV has native twitch support, along with the obvious amazon instant video. Gotta grab one now @ $20 bucks, can't beat that.

At a minimum I'll use it to watch the last 2 seasons of Sopranos. I never got into it when it was airing, but I've been watching it over the last month.

I just impulse bought this and I don't even know why! I guess because it'll probably be a lower power drain than using my 360 to watch Twitch/Netflix.

Top Bottom