• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Madden '15 PS4 League Thread: We Know DOTA

eznark

Banned
The last one was already one of my favorite tournaments. Should be interesting to see what the pros can do with Phoenix and Earth Spirit.

I just remember a bunch of lopsided games. But there are so many tournaments that maybe I am misremembering.

We haven't played any fifa recently. We should get some games in tonight.

ohhh man.
Amazon Fire Stick TV has native twitch support, along with the obvious amazon instant video. Gotta grab one now @ $20 bucks, can't beat that.

At a minimum I'll use it to watch the last 2 seasons of Sopranos. I never got into it when it was airing, but I've been watching it over the last month.

Just ordered two of these. It should be better than switching from my ps4 for Netflix and amazon to pc for espn.

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
I think we'll make the superbowl stream a requirement. We'll talk about it tonight. Might look into including the playoffs as well next season. I was pretty shocked when i found out the Seahawks/Bucs game wasnt streaming.

eznark

Banned
I think we'll make the superbowl stream a requirement. We'll talk about it tonight. Might look into including the playoffs as well next season. I was pretty shocked when i found out the Seahawks/Bucs game wasnt streaming.

Guess my playoff games will have to be simmed!

Ferny

WTF? I agree that most games should streamed if it's possible but how are you going to make it a requirement? If streaming causes lag in the game or whatever, why would they have to stream it?

eznark

Banned
WTF

How are you going to make it a requirement? If streaming causes lag in the game or whatever, why would they have to stream it?

Guy lives in a bubble with Will and Norm from tested. Probably thinks no one in the world uses Excel anymore too.

brentech

wink.gif

Mrbob

I just fought this boss in Bayonetta 2.

FatalBrokenBronco.gif

Game of the year. Game turns it up to 11 constantly but not the bullshit level of 11 Call of Duty encompasses.

Mrbob

Smokey, it is fine. It is the very beginning of the fight and doesn't even show how it escalates.

It will take a lot for me to pick up Call of Duty. They need a cool zombie mode like found in Black Ops for me to get some major interest.

Smokey

I actually convinced a friend to buy a Wii U for Bayonetta 2 last weekend. He got the bundled system, DKC, 3D Land, Pro Controller, and Mario Kart 8 for his kids bday. B2 for him. My GCU membership doin work.

Keep telling yall I am the least biased person here <3

Mrbob

Bayonetta 1 is $29.99 on the Eshop and Bayonetta 2 is $49.99. If you buy Bayonetta 2 you can buy Bayonetta 1 anytime after for $9.99. If you buy Bayonetta 1 first at $29.99 you can pick up Bayonetta 2 for $29.99. Nintendo is smart enough to track our purchases through the eshop yet can't give us a true account system. Game plays ok with the Wii U pad. I'd recommend to use a Pro controller.

I think I'm going to play Metal Gear Rising after I finish Bayonetta 2. In retrospect I can't believe I haven't played Rising yet. However the game came out at a time when I was pretty much done with 360 and PS3 games. I did buy it on Steam but the PC version had some issues at launch, though I believe most of them have been cleaned up now.

CB3

That game has the most minimal of connections to the actual metal gear games. Raiden and the Rey at the start are all I can think of.

Its very much a platinum joint.

brentech

I tried the first one and just wasn't feeling it at all. Thought it'd be closer to Ninja Gaiden.
I'm in destiny now, and so is Nightz....if you guys want to do a weekly or whatever

BigAT

Liked the first Bayonetta, but I couldn't get into Metal Gear Rising for the little of it I played. It had all the absurd over the top moments, but the battle system was pretty awful and perplexing, to the point that I had no desire to play much past the first boss.

CB3

Thats one of the faults of the game. They dont really teach you the way you should be playing it. Its something you kinda discover on the way through the game

CB3

I tried the first one and just wasn't feeling it at all. Thought it'd be closer to Ninja Gaiden.
I'm in destiny now, and so is Nightz....if you guys want to do a weekly or whatever

ill do the regular weekly with you guys.

Nevermind. I already did the regular weekly last week!

LJ11

I liked Rising, haven't finished it. What irritated me at the start were the cutscenes, too many, and not enough fighting to actually get you acclimated to the mechanics.

Ninja Gaiden was and is the GOAT, 2 was trash for obvious reasons.

i'm close to quitting on The Evil Within at chapter 9. i'll spoiler it for you dudes incase you cared to play at some point but in chapter 9 you go into
the resident evil 1 style mansion. there are 4 or 5 rooms you can go into with bigger areas in each room. so you go into these "areas" and there are regular enemies there, items, etc. that's fine. but at some point in each area (and it seems to be triggered by just time in that area, after about 60 seconds or so) the screen goes into a dream like state and the antagonist of the game starts coming after you in that area. it is instant death if he touches you and you cannot hurt him. if you shoot him, the bullet goes through him and he kind of does this teleport thing CLOSER to you!

ok, so then i'm not certain what needs to be done. i start running and then try to leave that area of the room. as soon as you open the door to go back into the main hall (for instance) he is immediately in front of you at the door, touches you and you die.

i'm sure the "trick" is to run around within the area for however long it takes for him to disappear. the only area where i have gotten him to go away is this one area where i hid under a bed (lol) and he just never came over. after a minute it stopped going out of this dream like state and i was able to explore the area and he never came back.

i might lookup what the trick is to beat this area but it's just a fucking stupid game mechanic

Saturday afternoon works for me but we should totally do Wednesday night

i wanted to do thursday but with the superbowl not being played until tomorrow that would be impossible.

so here is the tentative schedule:

Season ends tomorrow @ (lets say) 10 pm pst

1. the advance after superbowl is "re-sign players". you can re-sign players with expiring contracts. (Will advance from this step Wednesday @ 10 pm pst)
2. The next step is "Free Agent offers". View and offer contracts to available free agents. (will advance from this step on Thursday @ 5 pm pst)
3. The next step is (again) "Free Agent offers". view and offer contracts (will advance from this step on Friday at 5 pm pst)
4. The next step is (again) "Free Agent offers". view and offer contracts (Will advance From this step on Saturday morning @ 10 am pst)
5. The next step is "2014 NFL Offseason" - View your current teams roster (FINAL WEEK OF SCOUTING) (will advance from this step right before the draft at 1 pm PST)
6. NFL draft week (YOU CANNOT SCOUT THIS WEEK) (will advance from this step after the draft is over)
7. 2015 nfl offseason (view your teams current roster post draft) (will advance from this step immediately)
8. pre-season for year 2 begins (Will advance to this step right after draft)
9. Will give until Sunday @ 6 pm pst for people to do their roster shit and i will advance through the pre-season. Season 2 starts sunday night.

let me know if anyone sees any issue with any of this.

Top Bottom