• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Madden '15 PS4 League Thread: We Know DOTA

Greg

I watched Somnia's stream until I saw a jetpack and then realized I would probably hate that in multiplayer

Ferny

Ferny I meant sunset overdrive is really good. One of my favorite games of the year. I've played it 16 hours so far according to smart glass and still not finished with the campaign.

Smart glass is pretty cool I can now spy on friends to see what they have played and for how long. Like how smokey has barely played sunset. Or how one friend has played destiny for 216 hours. I told him seppuku would be an easier and less painful path towards death.

I feel like it doesn't always give the correct time. Like some of my friends have put in a TON of time on Destiny but it says they played an hour. Kind of weird but the Smart Glass app blows away Playstation's app.

I watched Somnia's stream until I saw a jetpack and then realized I would probably hate that in multiplayer

It's not really a constant thing. You get two boosts tops and it's easy to get them in mid air.

Smokey

The game is very fast. When it clicks though it's pretty cool.

I boosted to a roof, took out the guy there, switched to snipe and took out another guy across map, boosted backwards off of roof killed another, ran around corner and guy was a falling from the sky and I got him with a boost melee.

This all happened in like 20 seconds. Felt good man.

Goddammit, I play GQ in week 1? I'm super excited to be able to run 6 plays a quarter.

Also, how do I get in touch with him? Keep in mind I don't live in 2004 and therefore do not have AIM.

eznark

Banned
Man what in the fuck

My entire team has no confidence

WTF

Jordy Nelson has 0 confidence. 7 physical. 1 acceleration. 0 speed. Overall 34 rating.

I think he had 3 catches for 30 yards and a touchdown in the two series he played.

It's fiiiiine

Man what in the fuck

WTF
I changed my schemes from week 1 preseason to fit my players. Nobody lost any confidence during the last sim, weeks 2-4 of preseason. Week 1, before I did this, a bunch of players lost a bunch of confidence.

I figured it out?

Greg

It's not really a constant thing. You get two boosts tops and it's easy to get them in mid air.
The game is very fast. When it clicks though it's pretty cool.

I boosted to a roof, took out the guy there, switched to snipe and took out another guy across map, boosted backwards off of roof killed another, ran around corner and guy was a falling from the sky and I got him with a boost melee.

This all happened in like 20 seconds. Felt good man.
I guess I'll have to watch an actual MP stream then

I'll keep it on until I see aim assist while pulling up sights

Man what in the fuck

WTF
yeah, I thought that would reset or something between seasons

my team's confidence is going to be crippled for at least another season... you can only get back like 8 points for a single player per week if you dump all of your time into them, and that's not taking the reduction from losing into account

My most confident player is Jeff Demps, my shittiest HB, and my punter, 99 and 98. Then there's a huge dropoff into the 50s

Somnia

Huh That sucks. Team Ferny didn't have any crashes on the X1.

re examine your life decisions somnia

Im guessing by crashing he meant going to bed.

What CB said, quit trying to hate when there is nothing to hate on :)

Greg you saw me goofing around with it when I first got it. In multi you have to be smart too many idiots boosting around for no reason and gets them killed. If you use it right you can dominate.

I've gotten out of some tricky situations with it and turned the tides cause of it. It really brings another element to the game. Treyarch better be planning on having this shit.

Greg

My most confident player is Jeff Demps, my shittiest HB, and my punter, 99 and 98. Then there's a huge dropoff into the 50s
50 is neutral, so there's no stat loss/gain

I'm pretty sure it's like <30 and >70 that you start running into changes

Ferny

I've gotten out of some tricky situations with it and turned the tides cause of it. It really brings another element to the game. Treyarch better be planning on having this shit.

I'd rather them do their own thing. I want every COD to have it's own style not just keep throwing everything that works in a blender and then spit that out every year. I like how they are doing it going forward.

brentech

Manziel got +10 confidence because I drafted wide receivers.

That's the kind of change I can fully agree with. Or if I didn't draft one -10 because my team was short on the postion.

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
Lol. Vick has a confidence of 3. What the fuck happened!

I have a couple guys in the 30's that are pretty important. It really fucks with their ratings. Garbage.

In regards to consistency, is that something that can come up naturally with good play, or do I really need to upgrade Tannehill's fucking shitty 33 consistency

Good god my team is stupid and inconsistent

Somnia

I'd rather them do their own thing. I want every COD to have it's own style not just keep throwing everything that works in a blender and then spit that out every year. I like how they are doing it going forward.

I agree on them doing new things and stuff, but it'll be tough to revert back to COD without the mobility. We'll see what they do I guess.

brentech

In regards to consistency, is that something that can come up naturally with good play, or do I really need to upgrade Tannehill's fucking shitty 33 consistency

Good god my team is stupid and inconsistent

The "consistency" stat has nothing to do with game play. It's the arbitrary rating in which players earn XP through the training sessions. The higher the number, the closer to their max XP they will earn.

eznark

Banned
Oh, and here is one of many cap issues that I've heard about that I think is going to affect our league.

http://www.reddit.com/r/49ers/comments/2eqlcy/madden_15_salarycap_space_issue/

This one is for a 9ers players, but I've seen people report the same type of issues for players all over the league.
Most them got patched, but I think we started the league before that.

Great! And we know that shit can't be fixed mid-franchise.

One step forward a dozen steps back.

In lovely news, the LT that was 6th round projected that I took in the third and made really stupid on accident, has superstar development. My first rounder has quick and so did my second round CB

It was a successful draft but now that I know this game's road leads to trash, I don't feel so good :(

Greg

The "consistency" stat has nothing to do with game play. It's the arbitrary rating in which players earn XP through the training sessions. The higher the number, the closer to their max XP they will earn.
so it's useless because why waste hours on XP when the progression monster eats all your stats at the end of every season anyways!

I did notice pretty big boost of stats in the log from the 1st preseason game I played though (granted most were backups)... I wonder if that would've continued had we actually played all the games through

Oh, and here is one of many cap issues that I've heard about that I think is going to affect our league.

http://www.reddit.com/r/49ers/comments/2eqlcy/madden_15_salarycap_space_issue/

This one is for a 9ers players, but I've seen people report the same type of issues for players all over the league.
Most them got patched, but I think we started the league before that.
commissioner tax!

brentech

One of my rookie WR got a tweet: "I hear that Kirkland Stallworth was showing off his sticky fingers in practice this week. I'm predicting a big game from him Sunday"

I won the draft!

Manziel also got praise for his practice. Year of the Browns

Goddamn the PSN app is garbage. I can only invite friends to PSN through email or text message? What kind of stupid shit is this? Leave it to Sony to force me to use the actual console to send out regular friend requests.

Edit: nevermind, I figured it out. Apparently I have to search for him instead of going through the "add friend" screen. This is clearly a very intuitive process.

I have a couple questions:

What's the best grade a rookie can get? Low 80's? Can they start as high as 85? I'm just trying to figure out how I did with the first over all pick. I think he started at 82 and I got him to 83 quickly with the little bit of experience I threw at him from prep.

My other question is do you guys think I should use my team prep time every week exclusively on my new rookie QB? I would think I want to get that guy as high as possible for obvious reasons and his attributes are cheap compared to other players, most likely because he's a rookie so I think I could potentially get him in the 90's down the road :D On the other hand, my OL is mostly mediocre so it's tempting to boost them too.

My second round pick, a CB, seems to be pretty good too. He started somewhere between 75-77 I think so I should be able to get him the 80's easily enough over time. This is good since I lost Crom in FA. Alas, the computer chose for me in the third for some reason and their pick was shit and didn't even make sense because I already have a complete stud at the position with Campell... I didn't even mess with xp or game prep last season, these will be godsends going forward, I didn't know how to do shit last season haha I need to redo drills eventually but too distracted with other games to do that just yet. My rookie QB is much higher rated than Stanton and adding Welker to the receiving corps plus Gostowski upgrade at kicker should really help (I hope).

I used the majority of my time on my rookie HB. I need to get his carry up to par ASAP. Still spent a third of it elsewhere though. Sounds like you did good in the draft. One thing you want to check is their progression level. Go to the traits tab and see if it's normal, quick, or superstar. My HB and OLB were quick.

Top Bottom