• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Madden '15 PS4 League Thread: We Know DOTA

Ferny

I can't imagine anyone ever playing DA multiplayer. Will get on PS4 if I get it.

I did see that Diablo 3 is gong to be half price at BB. Might grab that finally

Oh yeah Eznark, my bad. I totally forgot to check for the code when I mentioned it. It was a PC diablo 3 code the original without the expansion. Sorry bud

eznark

Banned
Oh yeah Eznark, my bad. I totally forgot to check for the code when I mentioned it. It was a PC diablo 3 code the original without the expansion. Sorry bud

totally forgot about that. No biggie, I already have it on pc without the expansion

Smokey

How much do you guys estimate you spend on gaming a year?

I feel like you guys get every new game. I'm impressed you guys have time to play all of them too, cash aside.

Does gaming include PC hardware purchases...because if so :x

I don't have time to play them.

How much do you guys estimate you spend on gaming a year?

I feel like you guys get every new game. I'm impressed you guys have time to play all of them too, cash aside.

Used to spend a lot more but now I pretty much probably get like, 8 games a year? Madden+2k+FIFA+(Usually NHL)+MLB The Show...pretty much always get those 5 and that's my core gaming with some DOTA sprinkled in. And then a big title here and there, like GTA V or SUPER SMASH MOTHERFUCKING BROTHERS COMING OUT IN A WEEK AND A HALF

eznark

Banned
I decided I wanted to keep better track of it but not do any actual work to track it, so I just started giving myself a $50 per week gaming allowance. Take it out in cash. All my games purchases are cash now. It usually accumulates and I buy something dumb with it, like the moto 360. Games are so cheap now.

I decided I wanted to keep better track of it but not do any actual work to track it, so I just started giving myself a $50 per week gaming allowance. Take it out in cash. All my games purchases are cash now. It usually accumulates and I buy something dumb with it, like the moto 360. Games are so cheap now.

200 bucks a month?

What in the hell

eznark

Banned
It's a round number and I guessed that that is how much I had been spending. I was way high but whatever, not gonna tell my wife that! Now it's stripper money!

$2400 in games a year isn't a lot? Lets not pretend you're some millionaire here, Az.

I'm sure a lot of you guys spend more than that just going out to lunch every day. You could probably bring your lunch to work everyday and spend $300 a month on games and still come out ahead. But seriously, $200 is not a lot.

eznark

Banned
I'm sure a lot of you guys spend more than that just going out to lunch every day. You could probably bring your lunch to work everyday and spend $300 a month on games and still come out ahead. But seriously, $200 is not a lot.

heh, that's the other way I use that cash, on lunch. I almost never go out to lunch though unless someone is buying it for me. When it comes to necessary expenditures I'm cheap as fuck!

Ferny

What the hell is even out month to month that you can spend $300 a month on games? I understand if your focus is on League or Dota or something like that where you can rack up costs fast, but strictly on consoles or pc gaming? That's almost 4 games a month.

I guess my point is more the time/amount of games vs the $ amount which isn't a big issue if you have the funds for it.

I never said that I spend 200 bucks a month on games. That was eznark. I think I've purchased maybe 5 or 6 games this year. I was just saying that it's not a lot of money and it's really affordable if you're not spending your money on other unneeded things.

Somnia

Because I had live credit to burn. Plus I asked in this thread if anyone was buying the game on PS4 and no one replied.

Bought a month of ea access too so I can start playing on Thursday. Well this also made the digital price cheaper so I came out ahead.

Doubt I'll buy gta5 now. Seems dragon age inquisition is quite meaty.

We'll MP since others aren't getting on XB1, sounds like multi is great too

brentech

Just an FYI, a system updated dropped for ps4,2.02

Apparebtly fixes some stability and also in particular crashes and bugs with dragon age

So if anyone has games still to play you're going to need the update to connect to PSN

eznark

Banned
I never said that I spend 200 bucks a month on games. That was eznark. I think I've purchased maybe 5 or 6 games this year. I was just saying that it's not a lot of money and it's really affordable if you're not spending your money on other unneeded things.

That's not what I said!

Also a couple years ago I made the conscious decision to not care about how much time I put into a game. Civ V: BE is a good example. I bought the game, played it for like 6 hours, hated it, and will probably never touch it again. I'm ok with that. The $60 was the entry fee, not some investment that needs to be recouped.

DCX

DCX
gg DCX. You owed me after last season's "Matt Ryan is Andy Dalton" performance.

I got a little greedy at times and a little impatient, then you started driving the ball pretty steadily (though boy you really like that mesh play ;)

I've enjoyed, this game and last, the defenses you've called. Always a good mix. I think I was due for some picks, although looking at them again, I would throw a couple of those passes again. You also did a great job of shutting down my running game.

The play that really salted it away was my right guard playing matador on fourth down against your blitz. Terrible.
Yea man gg. I knew the key was stopping the run. I played pretty good in coverage taking away Graham at times and allowing you to hold the ball longer than you wanted too. I'm liking not loving this team. With some work I can mold it to where I need them to be.

DCX

brentech

Hey, I'm playing the CPU and testing some stuff out. Trying a game where I only control the safety.

If I do that in the league, do I need to switch off if he's marked for a blitz or was that just on linebackers?

Also I just hit a couple buttons at once trying to pause to type this and somehow challenged the play without going into pause menu

TheCrow

Still frowned upon though I'm not sure how much that rule is enforced these days. I remember seeing a ton of your streams last season and no one said anything back then.

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
You have a strong point. I spend a lot on restaurants and bars, and buy as many games as I want. I have a hard time justfying the opportunity cost of the time moreso than the money.

Bread

Banned
smokey i'm giving you some days to practice since i'm away from my xbox until saturday night, maybe by then you'll be able to out BR me

Ferny

I'll be around

The free shots were yesterday. I'm adjusted now. Tell DCOCK I mean Bread too. He can get rekt
How the hell didn't you get your mic thing taken care of? You got a bajillion best buy points. Get a $20 one you Nightz wannabe.

Smokey

Unity has micro transactions too?
Man fuck that game

Most AAA games nowadays have micro transactions. It is what it is. AC Unity seems comparable to ACI last gen. I haven't played them since II so maybe it won't seem as stale to me.

smokey i'm giving you some days to practice since i'm away from my xbox until saturday night, maybe by then you'll be able to out BR me

it's a guarantee. I need to put you in your place. Somnia too I heard him making comments last night with my name in them !

How the hell didn't you get your mic thing taken care of? You got a bajillion best buy points. Get a $20 one you Nightz wannabe.

I got the cable cuh. We good now. Maybe. I gotta hook it up.

Most AAA games nowadays have micro transactions. It is what it is. AC Unity seems comparable to ACI last gen. I haven't played them since II so maybe it won't seem as stale to me.

Just skip Unity and play Black Flag. They should've just moved to a pirate franchise and left AC in the dust.

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
Im tempted to go rent AC: Rogue from Redbox. Seems to be well received.

But then id have to play Assassins Creed on a last gen console. I dont think i can do it.

Top Bottom