• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Madden '15 PS4 League Thread: We Know DOTA

SickBoy

Oh boy. Glad Tolzien is generally capable. Brees out five weeks with a ruptured disc.

Out for at least half of last season and a third of this year.

Games Remaining
Smokey_Nice Texans @ rinse82 Bills
Splaticuz Bengals @ brentech Browns
LJ11 Rams @ SquallASF Cardinals
?Ferny? Jets? @ OneEyedJacks23 Patriots

Greg

were you out of the pocket when he was injured? I swear they turn QBs into complete Cutlers in this game once you leave the pocket, regardless of how big the hits are

I wouldn't be surprised if they dropped INJ by some exaggerated EA Sports amount outside of the pocket, and it's probably even worse once you pass the line of scrimmage

i usually never take hits outside of the pocket with kap because i'm scared of this. i usually slide with him but one time last year i got absolutely blown up against someone and there was an injury timeout.... ended up that the opponents linebacker got injured lulz

Greg

i usually never take hits outside of the pocket with kap because i'm scared of this. i usually slide with him but one time last year i got absolutely blown up against someone and there was an injury timeout.... ended up that the opponents linebacker got injured lulz
QB draws are so tempting with Bortles in certain situations, but I just can't do it to him

he can get sacked all day and be fine though!

SickBoy

I would probably throw the ball away more and slide more if I didn't always screw up which button threw it away and didn't suffer all sorts of screwups while running. (QB diving rather than sliding). That's probably just user error but I'm old and set in my ways ;)

I would probably throw the ball away more and slide more if I didn't always screw up which button threw it away and didn't suffer all sorts of screwups while running. (QB diving rather than sliding). That's probably just user error but I'm old and set in my ways ;)

remember the old madden rhymes:

tap square for health so fair
hold square and beware
push R3 today for throw away

Greg

I know R3 is to throw it away, but I never knew there was a slide button?!

I thought it was just a contextual thing with the dive button that never worked because EA sucks, but I guess I'm wrong

Ferny

Did they fix the damn MM yet? I went to sleep early last night because I got so tired and bored waiting for MM to find me a game.

Did those come out already? The videos for them look great.
It was a lot better than usual. Sanjuro, my boy, and I played three straight matches with like 20-30 seconds of waiting maybe. All Team Slayer playlist.

McNei1y

It was a lot better than usual. Sanjuro, my boy, and I played three straight matches with like 20-30 seconds of waiting maybe. All Team Slayer playlist.

Damn. I hope it's fixed today. The team slayer playlist seems to be the only one that is kind of working. I've had the best success with it. I'm loving the matches I get into though.

Ferny

Damn. I hope it's fixed today. The team slayer playlist seems to be the only one that is kind of working. I've had the best success with it. I'm loving the matches I get into though.

Yeah, for sure. We played two H1 matches and one H2A match. No lag when inside the matches at all. Ran super smooth.

eznark

Banned
Definitely skipping GTA for now.

I've spent like all week trying to get into Shadow of Mordor and for whatever reason I'm pretty uninterested.

I got GTA cause I basically didn't play the first. This is going to be a great week

I will definitely be around for some MK8 after Fins Bills

brentech

i played it on PS3, but might double dip. going to wait until it releases though and decide based on how it looks on new consoles or wait for pc

i played it on PS3, but might double dip. going to wait until it releases though and decide based on how it looks on new consoles or wait for pc

Yeah I got it for PS3 and then stopped after a while because I was convinced it'd get remastered for PS4. Sold it to target for $48 and now I'll get back into it. Unfortunate that I couldn't use my old PS3 save to continue where I left off.

McNei1y

I got gta v on the 360 last year but was no where near done with playing it because my 360 broke for good in January. Definitely grabbing GTA next week. Not sure if I wanna get it on ps4 or xbone.

BigAT

Am I the only one that didn't really care for the GTAs of this gen? I preferred Sleeping Dogs, Red Dead and both Saints Rows to either GTA game.

eznark

Banned
Am I the only one that didn't really care for the GTAs of this gen? I preferred Sleeping Dogs, Red Dead and both Saints Rows to either GTA game.

highfive.gif

Though I couldn't get into Saints Row either. InFamous were the best open world games of the past few years.

TheCrow

San Andreas was the last one I was interested in. But even saints row is starting to lose me. After Saints Row 2 its gotten more and more over the top and after 4 I'm not really looking forward to the next one.

brentech

I had never played a saints row prior to 4, and holy shit that game sucked. I thought people loved the franchise, but it turns out most didn't like that game.

GTAV is definitely closer to SA than anything 4 did. The start of the game is a bummer, but once it opens up there is some enjoyable shit in it. The heists are fun too.
Still wish they added heist specific DLC

When are we advancing?

Tomorrow before I get off of work so we'd have to play tonight. Problem is I have plans so I wouldn't be able to until between 830-9pm PST. I forget which coast you're on, is this feasible? If not, you can trash my SIM.

Holy shit, there's a throw the ball away button? I'm assuming square in FMTs poem is slide? Didn't know you could do that either. Then again, I don't remember how to run with the QB anyway. What does holding square do?

brentech

Hold square dives
Tapping square slides with the QB.

Click right stick in (R3) throws the ball away. Make sure you're out of the pocket.

R2 gets the QB to sprint/scramble like any other player.

BigAT

Infamous had the problem of having some of the worst characters in recent memory. I think there is a bit at the end when your friend dies and it is supposed to be this big emotional moment but I was just glad he was gone. First one was good but didn't leave me wanting to play any more of them.

I seem to be in the minority on Saints Row 4, I had a ton of fun with it.

Top Bottom