• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Madden '15 PS4 League Thread: We Know DOTA

Mrbob

I bought a bunch of XBL credit last year when Newegg made a price mistake. Got roughly 180 dollars in credit for 100 bucks. Using my credit up! Plus I'll get another 20 dollars credit from MS for purchasing 3 digital games (Sunset, Halo, Dragon Age ).

bob what is your dl speed when preloading dragon age? mine is working on gta v...getting 5.25 MB/s using the 5ghz wifi.

If I'm not doing anything else I get roughly my full speed which is about 6MB/s.

Smokey

I bought a bunch of XBL credit last year when Newegg made a price mistake. Got roughly 180 dollars in credit for 100 bucks. Using my credit up! Plus I'll get another 20 dollars credit from MS for purchasing 3 digital games (Sunet, Halo, Dragon Age ).

If I'm not doing anything else I get roughly my full speed which is about 6MB/s.

I didn't know MS was doing that too. When does it end? And are you using the wi-fi or direct connect?

Mrbob

Go to your Xbox Live Rewards page. It will show a token for each game purchased ( has to be $59.99 or above ). If you have 3 tokens you will be eligible for the credit. I believe it runs through November.

As for connection I use wifi.

Somnia

I just dont understand the download structure for XB1. I bought the digital deluxe edition for Dragon Age on XB1 and I should be able to play the EA Access version right away right? Nope, looks like the trial version is for the regular version. So now my XB1 is attempting to install another 41GB. Actually I have no idea what my XBox is doing because it is currently installing a game which is already installed on my system and no more space has been taken up.

I already bought the deluxe version and pre-downloaded. All I did is click the icon, went to store, click try it free on ea access and boom the game loaded. Don't know what your problem is with it.

Edit: With the deluxe version there was a game download and a bonus content download. You sure you downloaded the game and not the bonus shit before?

Mrbob

EA might have fixed the glitch. There was someone else in the EA Access thread who had the same issue.

Yes I know how to download games.

Oh and Eznark your favorite developer wants people to wait up to 4 minutes to find a match:

We are doing everything we can on an hourly basis to improve the experience, while we work on our solution. In the meantime, we’ve found a few things looking at the data that can help you a little as well. We’re seeing successful match times from anywhere from 15 seconds to 4 minutes. 4 minutes is a long time to wait for a match, but don’t quit out too quickly as it will come. If you haven’t found a match within about 4 minutes, please exit the search and restart, as this will reset the parameters and increase the likelihood of entering a match. I realize this isn’t ideal, but it’s temporary while we sort things out.

Honestly, Im in the same boat as Smokey. I have GC as well, but going digital is just easier.

Do you know how to then play those games?

oh it's no doubt easier to click a button and have the game downloaded than driving over to best buy but from a financial standpoint it's stupid. it's your money though brah!

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
McNeily, advance is tomorrow and we play next. When is good for you?

The back end of my schedule is murder.

CB
Crow
DM
Ez
Rinse
Crow
Cola
LJ
CB

Mrbob

eeyore.gif

Colasante

GG Ferny, your offense was pretty awesome that whole match. It seemed like your receivers came down with every 50/50 ball. That goal line interception was such a stupid backbreaker for me, I might've been able to come back if it wasn't for that.

Ferny

GG Ferny, your offense was pretty awesome that whole match. It seemed like your receivers came down with every 50/50 ball. That goal line interception was such a stupid backbreaker for me, I might've been able to come back if it wasn't for that.

Thanks man GG. I was surprised that they were able to pull down most of everything I threw down. Figured with Amaro and Decker out there, I could get some things. Also was your two timeouts that you took intentional? I think that may have let you come back in the game late but that last drive took just enough that I was able to run down the clock.

Thanks man GG. I was surprised that they were able to pull down most of everything I threw down. Figured with Amaro and Decker out there, I could get some things. Also was your two timeouts that you took intentional? I think that may have let you come back in the game late but that last drive took just enough that I was able to run down the clock.

When would you like to play our game?

We next

Colasante

Nope, that was me throwing the controller in the air out of frustration. Wish I could've kept those and avoided the easy interception I threw when Garoppolo came in, it would've been much closer.

Ferny

Saturday Phee

Nope, that was me throwing the controller in the air out of frustration. Wish I could've kept those and avoided the easy interception I threw when Garoppolo came in, it would've been much closer.

Ahh thought so. It was a pretty good end of the game tho. I knew your offense was going to catch fire. Gronk is unstoppable.

brentech

gg splat.
pretty sure thats the worst game ive had this year between seasons

gotta admit that long ass screen for TD broke me mentally.

Splat

gg splat.
pretty sure thats the worst game ive had this year between seasons

gotta admit that long ass screen for TD broke me mentally.

I think that's the first long screen I've broken all year. Was just happy I managed to not run into my own OL for once. Got fortunate on turnovers too. GG! Dalton to the bench paid off!

brentech

my defense did shit all for me. no impact plays

but as i've said time and time again, i really hate how you can't control defenders chasing someone on the sideline. the first and second player i pealed off to try to get you on the screen both got taken over by the cpu so it could attempt a running path the game thought was right instead of allowing me to just go right for the ball carrier.

in the end I just couldnt stop you offense, but i hate that pathing shit.

Greg

my defense did shit all for me. no impact plays

but as i've said time and time again, i really hate how you can't control defenders chasing someone on the sideline. the first and second player i pealed off to try to get you on the screen both got taken over by the cpu so it could attempt a running path the game thought was right instead of allowing me to just go right for the ball carrier.

in the end I just couldnt stop you offense, but i hate that pathing shit.
do you have some kind of switch assist on or something? that doesn't sound familiar to me

brentech

i've specifically turned switch assist off, but i literally can't turn my defender at all when chasing. I feel like earlier in the first season I had no problem like that, but ever since the game made me re-do the Panthers/Seahawks tutorial for no reason, I've had this issue. Happens online and offline.

i've specifically turned switch assist off, but i literally can't turn my defender at all when chasing. I feel like earlier in the first season I had no problem like that, but ever since the game made me re-do the Panthers/Seahawks tutorial for no reason, I've had this issue. Happens online and offline.

Wtf that is weird. Do you have auto strafe on maybe?

brentech

nope. i don't use that either.

basically if someone is running down the right sideline, and I take a defender over that's maybe 5 yards to the left, i can't immediately turn a guy in to the right even if i wanted to take him out of the play. He kind of gets sucked into taking a 45 degree angle until he's running directly behind the ball carrier.

looking back at the play, it's probably not the most egregious version of what i'm talking about, but i've mentioned it enough in here that I notice it usually at least every other game. maybe you guys are just defending it the same way the game would want? oh well

like, i'm usually rank well in D so I can't complain too much, but its annoying when I cant make someone do exactly what I want when I'm actually controlling them, for better or worse.

edit: here's a question, do you guys have to change your view angle every time you start a game? like my setting is WIDE, and i think the leagues base setting is even wide, but every single game I have to drop it back from standard to wide. so i'm wondering if settings are stuck on for me.

nope. i don't use that either.

basically if someone is running down the right sideline, and I take a defender over that's maybe 5 yards to the left, i can't immediately turn a guy in to the right even if i wanted to take him out of the play. He kind of gets sucked into taking a 45 degree angle until he's running directly behind the ball carrier.

looking back at the play, it's probably not the most egregious version of what i'm talking about, but i've mentioned it enough in here that I notice it usually at least every other game. maybe you guys are just defending it the same way the game would want? oh well

like, i'm usually rank well in D so I can't complain too much, but its annoying when I cant make someone do exactly what I want when I'm actually controlling them, for better or worse.

edit: here's a question, do you guys have to change your view angle every time you start a game? like my setting is WIDE, and i think the leagues base setting is even wide, but every single game I have to drop it back from standard to wide. so i'm wondering if settings are stuck on for me.

I never have to change my view settings or any others. It's always stayed the same for me

Smokey

ferny next time i send you a party invite you are to drop what you're doing and join. fuck is wrong with you. unacceptable.

Top Bottom