• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Madden '15 PS4 League Thread: We Know DOTA

Ferny

ferny next time i send you a party invite you are to drop what you're doing and join. fuck is wrong with you. unacceptable.
I wasn't even at the xbox lol I left it on while downloading Dragon Age. We can try some multi later today if you want.

Colasante

I just realized Dexter McCluster has won AFC Offensive Player of the Week every week this season. What black magic is Soka playing with?

So it seems like getting the xp earning trait to Superstar first thing rather than upgrading important skills is the smart way to go for rookies as they are long term investments. What about other players? most especially young ones that are only on their second or third season like Bucannon and Honey Badger? Should I still work on that trait first or just focus on beefing up their important tributes? 15k per xp trait upgrade seems so steep. If they are already on Quick like my rookie QB, at least it's just one time but Bucannon is only on Normal I think so...yeah. I really want to beef up certain skills and get that OVR up but I'm trying not to jump the gun and do what's smart for the long haul. Advice, oh wise Veterans?

Also, sorry for not putting up a fight LJ, I paid less than 10 percent attention to our game because right as we were starting my father called to tell me my grand father is having heart problems and is in the hospital :( I was going to go to the game against the Lions with my father but now he might be heading to Florida so there was a lot to talk about and the conversation didn't end until a little after our game ended. Plus I wasn't in the mood to play with this news. Wish you could just switch to SIM if you're already playing to finish the game for you.

Sorry to hear that squall. You and your family are in my prayers.

Thanks buddy, I shouldn't be surprised as he hasn't taken care of himself and is really over weight. It just still comes as a shock when it suddenly hits. We think he'll be ok this time but it's still early, hoping to hear more tonight when I get out of work. Speaking of which, it's time to head out now. Appreciate any advise on the Madden Trait questions and you boys enjoy the start to your weekend.

So it seems like getting the xp earning trait to Superstar first thing rather than upgrading important skills is the smart way to go for rookies as they are long term investments. What about other players? most especially young ones that are only on their second or third season like Bucannon and Honey Badger? Should I still work on that trait first or just focus on beefing up their important tributes? 15k per xp trait upgrade seems so steep. If they are already on Quick like my rookie QB, at least it's just one time but Bucannon is only on Normal I think so...yeah. I really want to beef up certain skills and get that OVR up but I'm trying not to jump the gun and do what's smart for the long haul. Advice, oh wise Veterans?

Also, sorry for not putting up a fight LJ, I paid less than 10 percent attention to our game because right as we were starting my father called to tell me my grand father is having heart problems and is in the hospital :( I was going to go to the game against the Lions with my father but now he might be heading to Florida so there was a lot to talk about and the conversation didn't end until a little after our game ended. Plus I wasn't in the mood to play with this news. Wish you could just switch to SIM if you're already playing to finish the game for you.

Sorry to hear that bro :/

Greg

sorry man, hopefully everything turns around

DMczaf

That was a reply to me. So what you're saying is you haven't directly set up anything at all?

YwMYT2G.gif

i know it was a response to you kid..my name was also in it

i'm saying he asked if i'd be available fri and i said yes. well here i am.

where da rinse at

if you are going to play the bills CPU right now i'll set him to AP. if you're not going to play right now then simit it is!

you have 5 minutes to respond!

rinse82

Shit I didn't keep up with thread and realize Vance was at 430pst, thought it was 730 for some reason.

Not home yet. AP I guess. Sorry smokes

Also, for future reference:

One Game Equals Four Steps: A Guide to Playing Your Opponent In Madden '15
By FrenchMovieTheme

Step 1: Upon advancement of the week, find out who your opponent is.
Step 2: Send said opponent the following Private Message:

Subject: Madden
Message: Hello. We are opponents in madden this week. When can you play?

Step 3: Arrive at the time you and your opponent have agreed upon to complete the game. If you have not heard from your opponent, move to step 4.
Step 4: If your opponent has not responded and the final day of the advancement period is approaching, contact one of the commissioners to discuss the situation and possibly have your opponent set to Auto-Pilot so that you may complete the game.

With the following process you assure yourself a trouble free experience in the NeoGaf All-Madden PS4 league. Good luck!

LJ11

Squall, I'm sorry to hear about your grandfather, wish him the best. Honestly, I wish you would have paused and messaged me that you had an emergency, I would have understood. Fuck the game, you had something much more important to deal with. All the best bud.

Week 5

Next vance date: Monday @ 4:45 pst

Games:

Chargers (nightz) @ Browns (Brent)
Dolphins (pheeniks) @ Jets (Ferny)
Cards (Squall) @ Lions (Trasher)
Panthers (Jabee) @ Texans (smokey)
Packers (Eznark) @ Bears (bob)
Patriots (Cola) @ Bills (rinse)
Cowboys (crow) @ Eagles (CB)
Raiders (pistolpete) @ Bengals (Splat)
Saints (Sickboy) @ Bucs (Dmczaf) - FMT GAME OF THE WEEK
Giants (Wellington) @ Redskins (Mcneily)
Broncos (Drizzler) @ Chiefs (crimsoncommie)
Steelers (llai86) @ Seahawks (Az)
49ers @ Ravens
Vikings (sanjuro) @ Falcons (DCX)

NFC OPOTW: Pierre Thomas (Saints) - 22 car, 120 yards, 2 TD, 1 rec, 12 yards, 1 TD
NFC DPOTW: Alec Ogletree (Rams) - 4 tackles, 3 int, 2 TD

AFC Dexter McCluster Player of the Week: Geno Smith (Jets) - 16/23, 330 yards, 4 TD, 1 int
AFC DPOTW: N/A

SickBoy

gg DM. I rationalize this as a shoulda been 10-3 game (or closer), but that damn fumble near the end of the first...

Happy with my defensive play this time around. Last time I felt like you could move the ball at will.

Generally, it'll go down as the "My Kids are Retards Bowl"... and is why I usually start at least an hour and a half later. Not that the FG I missed was easy but my son is in front of me waving his arms. "Stop waving your arms!" Stops. Kick meter starts. "WAVEWAVEWAVE." I might not have made it anyhow, but I was pissed. Certainly not why I lost the game, but it had a negative impact on a small handful of plays.

DMczaf

gg DM. I rationalize this as a shoulda been 10-3 game (or closer), but that damn fumble near the end of the first...

Happy with my defensive play this time around. Last time I felt like you could move the ball at will.

Generally, it'll go down as the "My Kids are Retards Bowl"... and is why I usually start at least an hour and a half later. Not that the FG I missed was easy but my son is in front of me waving his arms. "Stop waving your arms!" Stops. Kick meter starts. "WAVEWAVEWAVE." I might not have made it anyhow, but I was pissed. Certainly not why I lost the game, but it had a negative impact on a small handful of plays.

gg. Yeah, I was just trying to avoid turnovers, being happy with my 2-3 yard runs and then converting 3rd downs with some well timed passes. Your D was legit.

Home Field Advantage! Thanks SickBoy's Kids!

SickBoy

gg. Yeah, I was just trying to avoid turnovers, being happy with my 2-3 yard runs and then converting 3rd downs with some well timed passes. Your D was legit.

Home Field Advantage! Thanks SickBoy's Kids!

One of each, actually :)

Thanks for taking the time to play the game, BTW... I don't know when else we would've fit it in.

Trasher

Squall, I know you got stuff going on, but let me know what works for you this weekend for our game. Sorry to hear about your bad news. :(

Top Bottom