• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Madden '15 PS4 League Thread: We Know DOTA

Gg between Tsizzle and I. And the AFC West is mine to lose! Aqib Talib picked off Peyton and broke his collarbone on the tackle. Out 6 weeks :(

Osweiler: 104.1 QBR, 15/20 190 yards, 3 TDs, 2 INTs, 2 sacks
Reeves: 13 carries, 42 rush yards, 1 rec, 6 rec yards

But the real story,

Peyton Manning: 56.8 QBR, 24/37, 278 yards, 1 TD, 4 INTs, 2 sacks

Greg

Shit Greg GG. I can't stop laughing at that screen to Lacy.
I do that EVERY time in that situation, hahaha

in hindsight I should've used a TO on your last drive, but I knew I was going to need at least 2 to do what I wanted if I got the ball back, and was hoping the clock would pressure you to do something stupid on your end

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
I was all pissed off that I was able to run it into the end zone on that TD. Way too early.

I am so glad I don't have that version of the Giants. Wow.

Greg

I was all pissed off that I was able to run it into the end zone on that TD. Way too early.

I am so glad I don't have that version of the Giants. Wow.
I was pissed off my D kept dropping everything on the other side of the 50 on that drive

and I am not glad I don't have any version of the Packers

Gg between Tsizzle and I. And the AFC West is mine to lose! Aqib Talib picked off Peyton and broke his collarbone on the tackle. Out 6 weeks :(

Osweiler: 104.1 QBR, 15/20 190 yards, 3 TDs, 2 INTs, 2 sacks
Reeves: 13 carries, 42 rush yards, 1 rec, 6 rec yards

But the real story,

Peyton Manning: 56.8 QBR, 24/37, 278 yards, 1 TD, 4 INTs, 2 sacks

Peyton threw the game away

bobby brought up a scenario to me a few days ago that i misunderstood and i only bring it up now not to call anyone out but to make sure it's known that this is a no-no per league rules. bob said his opponent had the ball in overtime and had a 4th and inches ON HIS OWN 21 yard line, then called a fb dive for the first and went onto win the game.

this is an instance of what we don't want in the league. first off, while it's not unprecedented (bellicheck did something similar against the colts a few years back, the falcons did it 2 years ago) it's just not for this league. you punt that ball every time as most coaches would. to top off going for it in general running a fb dive.... come on. i have never run FB dive and never will because it's nearly automatic but i will never complain about someone using FB dive against me on a 3rd and short. if i didn't want it run i should have stopped them to a 3rd and longer. but 4th down at your own 20 in OT... frowned upon!

dang this post went on a lot longer than i thought. anyways, Don't Do What Donny Don't Does

Ehhhh I think the rule is either you're allowed to go for it, or you aren't. And in that case, if you aren't, that's fine...but you don't need to bring up FB dive in this because I don't want people to start thinking that shit is taboo.

rinse82

Week 5

Next vance date: Monday @ 4:45 pst

Chargers (nightz) @ Browns (Brent)
Dolphins (pheeniks) @ Jets (Ferny)
Cards (Squall) @ Lions (Trasher)
Panthers (Jabee) @ Texans (smokey)
Packers (Eznark) @ Bears (Bob)
Patriots (Cola) @ Bills (Rinse)
Cowboys (crow) @ Eagles (CB)
Raiders (pistolpete) @ Bengals (Splat)
Saints (Sickboy) @ Bucs (Dmczaf) - FMT GAME OF THE WEEK
Giants (Wellington) @ Redskins (Mcneily)
Broncos (Drizzler) @ Chiefs (crimsoncommie)
Steelers (llai86) @ Seahawks (Az)
49ers @ Ravens
Vikings (sanjuro) @ Falcons (DCX)

Ehhhh I think the rule is either you're allowed to go for it, or you aren't. And in that case, if you aren't, that's fine...but you don't need to bring up FB dive in this because I don't want people to start thinking that shit is taboo.

and FB dive is not banned. the rule is that you aren't allowed to go for it in that instance, FB dive or otherwise!

He's on his 21. If he punts the opponent is almost in FG range for the win unless he has serious wind at his back.

With 4th and inches, I think most coaches go for it in the situation?

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
bobby brought up a scenario to me a few days ago that i misunderstood and i only bring it up now not to call anyone out but to make sure it's known that this is a no-no per league rules. bob said his opponent had the ball in overtime and had a 4th and inches ON HIS OWN 21 yard line, then called a fb dive for the first and went onto win the game.

this is an instance of what we don't want in the league. first off, while it's not unprecedented (bellicheck did something similar against the colts a few years back, the falcons did it 2 years ago) it's just not for this league. you punt that ball every time as most coaches would. to top off going for it in general running a fb dive.... come on. i have never run FB dive and never will because it's nearly automatic but i will never complain about someone using FB dive against me on a 3rd and short. if i didn't want it run i should have stopped them to a 3rd and longer. but 4th down at your own 20 in OT... frowned upon!

dang this post went on a lot longer than i thought. anyways, Don't Do What Donny Don't Does

One solution to this:

tumblr_n59crhiDIL1r85q0mo1_400.gif

brentech

gg nightz

it was a slow one. I started the game off saying, "my first 5 plays are going to be runs unless I absolutely have to throw," and I got lucky enough that it worked out. I felt bad that my drive lasted the entire first QTR because many of them were short runs making me pick up small yardage on 3rd down.

Outside of that, we both really need that game, and I got the lucky end of it. Your guys dropped some catches that they shouldn't have. seemed like I always managed to stop you to 3rd and inches in the first half or 3rd qtr.

And then my 2nd TD with that deep ball was broken coverage or something. Rookie ran right up the seam uncovered. When I threw it, it looked like Manziel was going to out throw him, but he just squeaked in the his last steps with the ball.

-----------------
I figured out my settings problems. One of them was fixed for the game, the other still didn't keep my wide view instead of standard.
No matter that I have wide set in the league, in my base game settings (even though I have set it to wide), every time i load the game up it goes back to standard. So online games and MUT revert to standard. While my offline season works fine.

The issue with player running at angles I didn't want, was actually because HEAT SEAKER was turned on. So that makes me feel a lot better. I don't care if I whiff a tackle myself, i just dont want the cpu taking me out of plays

Trasher

He's on his 21. If he punts the opponent is almost in FG range for the win unless he has serious wind at his back.

With 4th and inches, I think most coaches go for it in the situation?
Yeah there's lots of situations that make that play call pretty easy.

Especially if you have a defense like mine. FMT doesn't know what that's like though so I'll forgive him.

Nightz

GG brent. Things just wouldn't go my way. The forced fumble at the goal line that was negated by a penalty, drops, and that failed 4th down. I can't believe your dude caught Woodhead when he was returning the kickoff. Oh well, I'm aiming for the first pick in the draft!

It was the second possession so it was sudden death overtime with the 10mph wind against me I had a choice of giving him the great field position or going for it on 4th and inches. He already made one FG over 50 yards and the way his offense was moving the ball I thought I made a choice many coaches would make.

And I don't know why you're calling me out for running a fb dive on fourth when it's not against the rules and he ran it on me 3 times on fourth down that game.

But if it was against the rules and we're required to let the other team win in that situation then it won't happen again but it seemed like the logical call to me with the game on the line in sudden death OT.

It was the second possession so it was sudden death overtime with the 10mph wind against me I had a choice of giving him the great field position or going for it on 4th and inches. He already made one FG over 50 yards and the way his offense was moving the ball I thought I made a choice many coaches would make.

And I don't know why you're calling me out for running a fb dive on fourth when it's not against the rules and he ran it on me 3 times on fourth down that game.

But if it was against the rules and we're required to let the other team win in that situation then it won't happen again but it seemed like the logical call to me with the game on the line in sudden death OT.

i guess that is a fair point with the wind. in my opinion i feel like there should be a risk to going for it on 4th down and with fb dive there is basically no risk. true enough it is not banned and i guess if he ran it on you 3 times on 4th down then an eye for an eye. just on the surface 4th down on your own 20 in OT is a tough pill to swallow... thats all im saying!

i guess that is a fair point with the wind. in my opinion i feel like there should be a risk to going for it on 4th down and with fb dive there is basically no risk. true enough it is not banned and i guess if he ran it on you 3 times on 4th down then an eye for an eye. just on the surface 4th down on your own 20 in OT is a tough pill to swallow... thats all im saying!

Yeah that's not something that I would do in regulation I just thought there would be more leniency on fourth down rules in OT for situations like that. It's my bad but say a similar situation happens in the playoffs would it still be against the rules then with season on the line?

Mrbob

Splat really is awful with pudge.

For the record I never complained about a fb dive to FMT. I just told him I wouldn't be abiding by any 4th down rules anymore when an opponent goes for it on 4th down from their own 21. :p

Mrbob

Dragon Age multi player is pretty cool. Get levels, get loot, upgrade abilities. 12 different character classes too it looks like. Though only 3 are unlocked at the beginning. Not sure how to unlock the other classes yet.

eznark

Banned
Dragon Age multi player is pretty cool. Get levels, get loot, upgrade abilities. 12 different character classes too it looks like. Though only 3 are unlocked at the beginning. Not sure how to unlock the other classes yet.

How is the combat? Not just in multi.

Top Bottom