• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Madden '15 PS4 League Thread: We Know DOTA

Mrbob

How is the combat? Not just in multi.

Combat seems to be the same in both single and multi. There is a tactical mode you can pull up where you can direct your party attacks at enemies, though I think the bulk of people will play in over the shoulder mode. The combat system is fast and fluid, a nice surprise. It is not Bayonetta 2 but the combat is about 10000000000000000000 times better than Skyrim. I'd say the most fun combat I've played in a RPG. Right Trigger is your main attack, and then abilities are mapped to three face buttons and the right shoulder button. Plus you can access a second set of abilities by holding down the left trigger. So in all you have your main attack plus 8 abilities you have easy access too.

My class of choice in these games are typically the rogue class. I tested it out first, fun to play as expected. Can maneuver around enemies fast. I tried out the mage class second and it was interesting. At least early on the mage has to be stationary to attack, but the range is super far. Plus I can see this class being extremely fun when more abilities are opened up. Easy to wreck enemies with mage abilities. Still need to play the archer, two handed, and sword and shield class. Once I play through them all I'll decide which one to settle on.

If you are super hardcore into tactical mode in origins you will probably be disappointed as the DA:I version is dumbed down. However I prefer the action mode, plus I can pull up tactical mode when needed to direct my other companions on where to strike.

eznark

Banned
I really like the combat. It's action-y but still has the strategy from what I can remember of 1.

Combat seems to be the same in both single and multi. There is a tactical mode you can pull up where you can direct your party attacks at enemies, though I think the bulk of people will play in over the shoulder mode. The combat system is fast and fluid, a nice surprise. It is not Bayonetta 2 but the combat is about 10000000000000000000 times better than Skyrim. I'd say the most fun combat I've played in a RPG. Right Trigger is your main attack, and then abilities are mapped to three face buttons and the right shoulder button. Plus you can access a second set of abilities by holding down the left trigger. So in all you have your main attack plus 8 abilities you have easy access too.

My class of choice in these games are typically the rogue class. I tested it out first, fun to play as expected. Can maneuver around enemies fast. I tried out the mage class second and it was interesting. At least early on the mage has to be stationary to attack, but the range is super far. Plus I can see this class being extremely fun when more abilities are opened up. Easy to wreck enemies with mage abilities. Still need to play the archer, two handed, and sword and shield class. Once I play through them all I'll decide which one to settle on.

If you are super hardcore into tactical mode in origins you will probably be disappointed as the DA:I version is dumbed down. However I prefer the action mode, plus I can pull up tactical mode when needed to direct my other companions on where to strike.

Ugh

Mrbob

AT you jelly?

DBKuEMF.png

Ferny

It's crazy what having a guy like DThomas does for Geno. Havent had games like these last two in a while. Not sure how this team started 0-2

I can't wait for next week. When you're back to not being a Miami fan. You realize you're talking shit about you're own conference by saying that. Or is this not the Big 12? We're undefeated. We should be 2 right now, not that it matters

Aren't you supposed to be doing some tomahawk chop to rally the troops

Top Bottom