• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Madden '15 PS4 League Thread: We Know DOTA

LukeSmith

the league is up. before i post the information, read the following sentence:

WHEN YOU LOG IN YOU NEED TO CREATE A NEW COACH! DO NOT USE AN EXISTING COACH!

WHEN YOU LOG IN YOU NEED TO CREATE A NEW COACH! DO NOT USE AN EXISTING COACH!

IF YOU USE AN EXISTING COACH AND I HAVE TO BOOT YOU FROM THE LEAGUE THERE IS POTENTIALLY AN ISSUE WITH CCM WHICH MAY NOT LET YOU BACK INTO THE LEAGUE AS THE SAME TEAM. IF THIS HAPPENS THEN THERE IS NOTHING I CAN DO EXCEPT GIVE YOUR SPOT TO THE NEXT PERSON ON THE WAIT LIST

READ THE ABOVE AGAIN

----------

now that that's done, go to Connected Career:

League name: neogaffe1
password: niners

login as the team given, CREATE A NEW COACH! YOURSELF OR WHATEVER FICTIONAL CHARACTER YOU WANT SO LONG AS IT IS NEW!, and then i can start it once everyone is logged in (which will take some days).

in the meantime, YOU WILL NEED TO CUT YOUR ROSTER DOWN TO 53 PLAYERS YOURSELF. MOST OF US HAVE 70+ PLAYERS CURRENTLY ON THE ROSTER SO DO THIS AS SOON AS POSSIBLE!

we won't be playing the pre-season games (you can play the week 1 preseason game if you want, i don't care). as soon as all 32 people are logged in, i am advancing to the regular season.

Lol why do we always start before a roster update?

Same shit different year

Track what you eat. Tons of apps for it. Also drink water. It shouldn't be hard for you to lose ten pounds from where you are.

Also stop crying poor. Self pity adds 30 pounds.

I thought my salty tears would help me lose weight!

Like EZ said track what you're eating. I use a mix of myfitnesspal and bodybuilding.com's bodyspace. Also cut out soda if you still drink it, I think I lost a good 15-20 pounds REAL fast when I started just because of that alone.

Do you have a scale and weigh everything? Or did you just learn to eyeball stuff?

brentech

The shitty thing is I'm still rehabbing a foot injury so I can't really run or do cardio (which is how I hurt it in the first place). The doctor suggested swimming, so maybe I'll see if I can scrape together money for a gym membership.
While I was doing mountain biking prior, after my triple fracture in my ankle, I switched to and mainly do road cycling.
I also just purchased an indoor rower. Both exercises are good low impact routines much like swimming. There is no big joint impact.

My ankle still really swells up regardless and it's 2 years after the incident. I do have a big ass metal plate and 12 screws in it though, so that's definitely part of it.

Somnia

Cowboys at 53

Also EVERYONE CHECK YOUR DEPTH CHART. Cutting players messed my depth chart up big time on the defensive side and I had to move players back into their spot.

While I was doing mountain biking prior, after my triple fracture in my ankle, I switched to and mainly do road cycling.
I also just purchased an indoor rower. Both exercises are good low impact routines much like swimming. There is no big joint impact.

My ankle still really swells up regardless and it's 2 years after the incident. I do have a big ass metal plate and 12 screws in it though, so that's definitely part of it.

Actually, I was thinking about investing in a trainer for my bike. Thanks for reminding me, I'm gonna go look at prices.

I have a scale, but the general rule of thumb is your portions should be your fist size roughly (thats per item in your meal)

I think this is one of my problems. Ill definitely start to address it.

Greg

should I have 0/35 hours for this training thing?

edit: and that was a pain in the ass cutting the roster down from 70 when I don't know shit about these stats, but I'm at 53

should I have 0/35 hours for this training thing?

edit: and that was a pain in the ass cutting the roster down from 70 when I don't know shit about these stats, but I'm at 53

OVR and AWR are the only stats that matter!

They're actually the two least important stats.

Ferny

I dont see that anywhere
@Donny_Moore: Teams with Fewest 90+ Overall Players - #32 NYG (0), #31 tied JAX/NYJ (1), #29 tied OAK/TEN/STL/ATL/IND/SD (2) #MaddenNFL15RosterFAQ

Jets have like 2-3 90s so this is obviously dropping some. I mean if it stays as is im cool with it, just saying.

The "choke" is on 3rd down late in a tie game I somehow sent my D on sell out middle run so smokey had 5 guys basically wide open for a 60 yard walk in TD. Then kap did what he do and sailed a ball 50 feet right of an open receiver :(

Smokey

Here's the FMT Choke Vid

I've included the last 2 minutes of the game or so. About 7 minutes in length. No sound. Apparently I can't get sound to the video if I use my headphones while recording. The video starts with Kennum cementing himself as the Texans starter. Keenum performs a spectacular drop back off of the fake, and the PA gets FMT to bite hard. AJ scores to tie it up.The series where FMT had a brain fart starts at 3:16.

Video looks pretty good. First time testing out the new Elgato Game Capture HD60. Works very well and is really plug and play. Tons of stuff to dig into. Too bad I couldn't upload it at 60fps. Looks really smooth when I play it back on my machine.

DCX

DCX
Story, I suppose we should get our series done so we can sign in. Let me know when is good for you.

DCX

Nightz

Is there any way to change the layout of the buttons for the play-calling screen? I chose triangle, square, cross when I first loaded the game, but I'd like to go to square, cross, triangle. I don't see any option for it in the settings. This is for the main game btw, not online franchise.

Edit: found it

eznark

Banned
Man I love that you can call a play by concept, love that you can see the coverage after the fact.

Yeah it's pretty great.

In a lot of ways this feels like going from Guitar Hero to Rocksmith, at least from a football intelligence level.

If I coached high school football I would use the "strategy" tutorial as a component of teaching kids how to read defenses. They do a nice job breaking it down and the pass skelly part of it is great to show how the defenders are supposed to react. It's well done and ridiculously in depth. I only made it through like a third of it last night playing for an hour.

Top Bottom