• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Madden '15 PS4 League Thread: We Know DOTA

McNei1y

Friday or Saturday should work best. A chance we can maybe get one game of the series in tonight or tomorrow night but otherwise we should be able to knock them all out by Saturday. And then I can get back to grinding out Legendary in Hearthstone.

ok cool. That should work out then.

Just keep playing DOTA you jabronies.

brentech

I feel significantly worse at the game this year. Feel like I don't have total control when playing defense. Like I have to demagnetize my defender before he goes the direction I want him to.

Greg

put a huge hit on Rodgers and had a 90-yard fumble return for TD

after all my struggles, this feels great
I feel significantly worse at the game this year. Feel like I don't have total control when playing defense. Like I have to demagnetize my defender before he goes the direction I want him to.
yeah, I used to be good at tackling, but I must be doing something wrong

Smokey

Miyamoto with dat fire against casual gamers

[These are] the sort of people who, for example, might want to watch a movie. They might want to go to Disneyland," he said.

"Their attitude is, 'okay, I am the customer. You are supposed to entertain me.' It's kind of a passive attitude they're taking, and to me it's kind of a pathetic thing.They do not know how interesting it is if you move one step further and try to challenge yourself [with more advanced games]."

Loooooooool

Nightz

Got to the 25th drill with 3 lives left. The drill looked simple enough so I thought I would easily get the trophy. Nope, failed miserably.

I've been beating the shit out of randoms. I'm like 4-0 or 5-0 against them but like 1-4 against GAF :( I can't do anything on offense against y'all. Smokey held me to like 20 yards passing last night lol the only way I scored was a KO return. My defense and ST have scored more TDs against GAF than my offense! I need to go back to the skills trainer

Greg I will play some practice games with you. I am now a shell of my former self but I still got what it takes!

Ps

One of these years we should do a fantasy draft league

Ramirez

Yea Splat, I lol'd at Dalton's 2/8 for 4 yards at one point in the 3rd. Your no huddle was nigh unstoppable, didn't someone mention it being borked this year?

brentech

Game froze on me after a penalty on a touchdown. Hopefully just a fluke. Fucking Raji just had to go offsides.

Can't wait for that white PS4. Will probably play most my league games in my office with that one (assuming on a 23" monitor won't be too small).

brentech

I like how madden still only has 3 coach body types. I know M McCarthy isn't some slim guy, but he also isn't this ballooned character of a human either.

Also still retraining myself. I keep immediately using the right stick against the line for power moves and stuff. >.<

Greg

Do you need to wait for the button prompt to show up during pass rush, or can you press it once you've engaged?
I didn't understand that either

but it doesn't show the prompt on all-madden (unless maybe I turned it off?), so I figured it doesn't matter
I like how madden still only has 3 coach body types. I know M McCarthy isn't some slim guy, but he also isn't this ballooned character of a human either.

Also still retraining myself. I keep immediately using the right stick against the line for power moves and stuff. >.<
yeah, I laughed there were like 6 faces per body type and that was it

you think they'd be able to easily carry over player creation tools to coaches

brentech

Looks like you just have to turn it back on when switched to all madden.
Wasn't sure myself.

As to the power move prompts, I think as long as you're engaged you can attempt them.

Somnia

About that pass rush shit, are we supposed to mash that button or something

From what I can tell if you time R2 right you get a "burst" off the line and then it pops up a X or Square, etc. and you hit that then you'll see a red circle like thing under your guy. Sometimes that will make you get around the oline and sometimes it won't, I've seen it where my guy tries to get around and fails and then the button pops up again and you can try again basically, at least that's how it feels to me right now.

brentech

At least they finally made MUT sets a lot easier to add to and know what you already have.

Lol. I go online and the first play, it's a screen. It never changes

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
Woah starting right away.

I'll sign up now.

Got done playing my first game, holy fuck the Giants are hot garbage in Madden terms. I miss the god tier OL that I built last year.

I won't really be able to sink my teeth into the game until Friday, but I expect to get stomped season 1.

Top Bottom