• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Madden '15 PS4 League Thread: We Know DOTA

we went from playoffs to dwellers. we got some digging out to do bud

Yeah we do! I don't think my defense is as good as last season or it might just be because Peyton is throwing so many picks. The 2nd half of my schedule looks a little easier so I might be able to get a wildcard spot.

brentech

I think letting Buster Skrine go is hurting my pass D. Having a real hard time forcing punts this year. Not just because he was so good, but losing him and the depth the other players provided.
Edit: forgot I didn't just let him go, he didn't accept and wouldn't let me offer again. Then I didn't pick up enough quality in FA because I thought I had the high bid but apparently that didn't update

this is like the equivalent of your neighbor walking into your house, kicking your dog, opening your fridge to make a sandwich, then telling you that nothing is in your fridge

DJ Bowser

Smokey, late night at work. You didn't seem enthused to play tonight but it you still want to, between midnight and 1am would be more feasible than the 11 I originally mentioned.

yeah you basically blitzed the living shit out of me and I failed to adjust at all

it was either that or "yeah he's open! oh wait I'm fucking sacked"

made awful reads all game

except that first tannehill pick was totally not my fault. the cornerback didn't even jump on the ball...he just threw it straight to him

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
yeah you basically blitzed the living shit out of me and I failed to adjust at all

it was either that or "yeah he's open! oh wait I'm fucking sacked"

made awful reads all game

except that first tannehill pick was totally not my fault. the cornerback didn't even jump on the ball...he just threw it straight to him

Yeah. I think I threw more blitzes and more different type of blitzes at you than I really have all year at anyone else. I wanted to make you extremely uncomfortable in the pocket.

gg lj. i don't even know what happened on that 80 yard TD. i called cover 4 and for some reason my CB and safety switched their responsibilities and my corner changed and just watched the guy catch it for some reason. weather was brutal :(

Pete...

vOfj0ZH.jpg

I'll be on for the rest of the night, just send me a msg on psn if you're still up for it

Mrbob

GG Nightz. On your last drive your RB bowled over my defenders twice for big gains and a couple throws right into coverage are caught for good yardage. That 3rd and 6 where the ball went through my defenders hands for a completion amazed me as I just find ways to lose close games.

Of course, if I didn't have three ints in the first half I might have been able to put the game away early. My field vision is awful so far this season. Lets play Dota now. :D

LJ11

gg lj. i don't even know what happened on that 80 yard TD. i called cover 4 and for some reason my CB and safety switched their responsibilities and my corner changed and just watched the guy catch it for some reason. weather was brutal :(

Great game dude. Thought I was destined for the L with the way I played in the second half. I honestly couldn't throw, you're DL was getting in on me quick and right up the middle. That would have been the classic comeback you always pull off on my ass. Still don't know how James got through on that TD. I thought he was dead to rights.

All I wanted was positive yards on that 1st down, safeties split, I saw you on the LB looking at the slant and I just blasted it to the TE. From my end it looked like a similar play you hit VD on 3rd down late in the game. I sat on that slow angle route by the WR, and you caught me in cover 4 with the TE still in front of the safety.

That was a heart breaker.

Great game dude. Thought I was destined for the L with the way I played in the second half. I honestly couldn't throw, you're DL was getting in on me quick and right up the middle. That would have been the classic comeback you always pull off on my ass. Still don't know how James got through on that TD. I thought he was dead to rights.

All I wanted was positive yards on that 1st down, safeties split, I saw you on the LB looking at the slant and I just blasted it to the TE. From my end it looked like a similar play you hit VD on 3rd down late in the game. I sat on that slow angle route by the WR, and you caught me in cover 4 with the TE still in front of the safety.

That was a heart breaker.

i definitely had a hand on that last play because i should've just given up the short stuff and dropped back with pwill. stupid play although i would've hoped my D lived to play another down with a tackle at least :/

the wind/rain was just so fucking brutal to the passing game. one of the ints i threw early the ball just sailed. i thought an early key play was the stevie johnson dropped first down. would've put me in fg range at least. then the 4th down conversion really hurt giving up the fg. thought that was a good decision to go for it given the wind. you would have probably gotten maybe 15 yards of FG position... not worth it at that point

LJ11

i definitely had a hand on that last play because i should've just given up the short stuff and dropped back with pwill. stupid play although i would've hoped my D lived to play another down with a tackle at least :/

the wind/rain was just so fucking brutal to the passing game. one of the ints i threw early the ball just sailed. i thought an early key play was the stevie johnson dropped first down. would've put me in fg range at least. then the 4th down conversion really hurt giving up the fg. thought that was a good decision to go for it given the wind. you would have probably gotten maybe 15 yards of FG position... not worth it at that point

Yeah, I had to go for it, had no choice after I whiffed on that field goal, still no excuse to miss that. Drop hurt, then that ridiculous int. Thought about going for it on 4th and goal but I just took the points. Rare deep shot for me on that 4th down, got lucky my WR jumped up for a change. Figured if it was int I pin you deep.

Yeah, I had to go for it, had no choice after I whiffed on that field goal, still no excuse to miss that. Drop hurt, then that ridiculous int. Thought about going for it on 4th and goal but I just took the points. Rare deep shot for me on that 4th down, got lucky my WR jumped up for a change. Figured if it was int I pin you deep.

Strangely I was happy to see you come down with that catch in a way. It isn't fair to single up receivers and have almost no threat of a completion.

LJ11

Strangely I was happy to see you come down with that catch in a way. It isn't fair to single up receivers and have almost no threat of a completion.

Yeah, I know what you mean, able to squat on a lot of routes because it's hard to go deep.

Earlier in the game you called a cover 1 robber play and I had a good play call, WR ran deep post from slot, and got behind the robber, I was going to try and throw it but I was sacked. Glad I got sacked. That's a completion in the NFL, and an int in this game even though the WR had space. Nothing you can do about it.

Sanjuro

GG Pete. The game wasn't too bad early, but every pass thrown was dropped.

Smith knocked out of the game.
Bridgewater knocked out of the game.

Yikes.

GG Pete. The game wasn't too bad early, but every pass thrown was dropped.

Smith knocked out of the game.
Bridgewater knocked out of the game.

Yikes.

Good game my man, I know all those drops must have been real frustrating. It was kind of unreal how many drops there were actually.

GG, Squall. Your defense was really tough all game and the only reason I got scores was the short field I was given. Speaking of which, you should probably watch it with those 4th down attempts. I know it's tempting with such a short yardage to go, but you put your defense in a bad situation if you don't get it, and it's also against league rules in most cases. Anyway, good luck the rest of the season!

Trash Lions @ JABEE Panthers
Greg Jaguars @ Ferny Jets
Sickboy Saints @ Soka McClusters
Llai Steelers @ Splat Bengals
McNeily4Skins @ Crowboys
Smokey Texans @ DJBowser Colts

Injury Report

Bears
WR Josh Morgan :: 1 week
Broncos
CB Aqib Talib :: 4 weeks
Cardinals
DT Isaac Sopoaga :: 2 weeks
Colts
TE Dwayne Allen :: 1 week
Dolphins
WR Mike Wallace :: 2 weeks
Eagles
TE Zach Ertz :: 11 weeks
Falcons
WR Devin Hester :: 6 weeks
Packers
OLB Nick Perry :: 21 weeks
Panthers
FS Thomas DeCoud :: 1 week
Ravens
QB Joe Flacco :: 5 weeks
Saints
QB Drew Brees :: 2 weeks
Seahawks
OLB Bruce Irvin :: 2 weeks
Steelers
MLB Ryan Shazier :: 5 weeks
Texans
WR Andre Johnson :: 7 weeks
Vikings
DE Everson Griffen :: Injured Reserve
DE Brian Robison :: Injured Reserve
DT Linval Joseph :: 4 weeks

TheCrow

Its pretty good. Spent way too much time just listening to all the awesome music it has. Too bad I have to work tomorrow. And then there's always dota.
crazy.gif

oh, I guess I should play mcneily at some point.

Yeah I got the bundle so I'm waiting for it to be delivered in the morning. I really wanted to download it too

i almost downloaded it and just resold the bundle (of which i could've definitely made a profit considering how rare it seems and that i used best buy GCU on it) but i didn't feel like going through the hassle

Top Bottom