• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Madden '15 PS4 League Thread: We Know DOTA

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
Holy shit at the Bucs ratings. 99 OVR LaVonte David with 99 TAK, 99 PRC, 95 BSH and 88 SPD. 95 OVR Gerald McCoy, 99 BSH, 99 PMV, 99 PUR. Wow.

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
Holy shit at the Bucs ratings. 99 OVR LaVonte David with 99 TAK, 99 PRC, 95 BSH and 88 SPD. 95 OVR Gerald McCoy, 99 BSH, 99 PMV, 99 PUR. Wow.

The only ratings that matter for him is at the fullback position.

Ferny when do you wanna play.

brentech

No Man's Sky info
About to leave on a flight so I have to do this crazy fast. GI info on NMS:

Game starts with trippy space trip like end of 2001. You just appear on a random planet, everyone will start on a different one. It could be very difficult with tough monsters, or have rare items or be boring. It will be different for everyone.

A beacon on your mini map leads you to your ship, you can leave at any time. Map shows the entire galaxy, different zoom level lets you see stars up close. Stars have a color that indicate the kind of resources they may have. You can scan their solar systems to see if there is a space station or a planet with points of interest, if it is previously explored you will see exactly what is on the planet.

At first you need a new hyperdrive and fuel so you cant go far. you need money to buy upgrades and fuel, basically everything you do deposits currency into your account. So you can blow up rocks to gather resources, blow up other ships, discovering new areas ect all give currency.

Every solar systems has a trading post or space station where you can cash this stuff in. The trading post is on the planet so you don't have to jump to space every time you want to cash in. Each post will have ships coming in and generally active. You can view ships you would like to buy, see upgrades ect.

You can attack incoming ships and steal their cargo as well, doing so will get the local police on you. If you escape they will put a bounty on you so that you can't go around the base without being attacked.

Each solar system has a space station, depending on how big it is shows the level of items in it. Large stations have much better ships and upgrades to buy. You can attack the station, can't blow it up but you can lower its ranking. You get nothing for it, they simply allow you to be an ass if you want.

Combat is standard FPS stuff. Every planet has robots (bipedal ones shown, mini at-st's) they want to keep nature untouched. So the more you get resources or kill alien animals the more these things will come at you. They will come in teams, flank, etc. tougher ones will appear close to the center of the galaxy.

Space combat is arcadey pick up and play style. They describe the combat like halo, you will need to determine which enemy to attack first. The smaller easy to kill ships or the bigger ones with shields which they describe as elites. Some ships will give shields to other smaller ones. Some you won't be able to stand up against until you upgrade.

Traveling to the center is the main goal but devs don't care if you don't care to go there. They say they want it to take 40-100 hours to reach there depending on how much you focus on getting to the center. Some planets have temples with portals that will randomly transport you closer to the center, you never know what you will find on the other side.

If you lose your ship, you will escape in a pod and land in the closest planet. You lose what items you had on the ship but keep your personal upgrades and your bank account. Your goal is to buy another ship. If you die on land you get taken back to the pod site and lose everything you gathered since leaving the pod. Dieing closer to the center of the galaxy is far tougher as planets could be brutal to escape.

With multiplayer they don't want people to meet up, no voice chat. They talk about how you don't know what you look like so someone else seeing you will be the one way to see what you look like. I'm hazy on that section, I'll read it again later.

They have a chart of possible upgrades for your suit, your ship and your multitool. Standard stuff like shields, jet pack, armor, power, fuel capacity, hyperdrive, etc.

If I forgot anything I will update later, got to go. If mods want to make a new thread to ahead, I'm out of time.

Greg

yeah, after that fake punt and then fumble return for TD on my next drive, I was done pissing my time away

and of course Bradshaw breaks his collarbone the one time I actually get a run game going

brentech

That sucks.
I've lost far to many games dating back to late last season when I had the lead or was tied in the 4th quarter. Both my fault in play calling, and players throwing the ball no where near their target with no pressure on them failing to convert 3rd downs, or huge dropped picks that would lock up a game.

It's starting to eat at me a bit. I have to win out to end 10-6 which is like 99% improbable.

Game against Splat who seems to have gotten some of his swag back from last year has to get my team turned around this week. Manziel going to put the league on notice.

Mrbob

What the hell, this PS4 update isn't automatically downloading and when I go to manually download it says it will take 5 hours? I just downloaded 28GB of WoW last night in an hour. PSN is trash.

McNei1y

Again as I said the other day I've been unavailable and missed work due to being sick. Unfortunately missed times meand a lot of make up work... I had to make up a lot of work these past two days. I don't know where we are in the year or who I play but I apologize.

GQman2121

Banned
What the hell, this PS4 update isn't automatically downloading and when I go to manually download it says it will take 5 hours? I just downloaded 28GB of WoW last night in an hour. PSN is trash.

Not sure why my update didn't auto download either. My system was in rest mode and my settings are configured to have everything download when available. Very odd. The update downloaded and installed in less than twenty seconds for me though.

McNei1y

Again as I said the other day I've been unavailable and missed work due to being sick. Unfortunately missed times meand a lot of make up work... I had to make up a lot of work these past two days. I don't know where we are in the year or who I play but I apologize.

So whoever I play now or whenever, I'm about to watch the Maryland game. I could be available to play around 11:30pm-midnight EST tonight if interested (lets talk about it first) Or later tomorrow afternoon like 7ish or at some point we can discuss a time(I have to stay late again for work to make up more work)

Gg Bob. The only way to stop your offense is a timely sack or a pick. That one sack out of FG range to end the first half ends up being the didference. Broncos win another close one, 17-14.

Osweiler: 97.9 QBR, 13/18, 174 yds, 1 TD, 1 INT
Reeves: 16 carries, 80 yds, 1 TD
Geathers: 3 rec, 64 yds, 1 TD

Mrbob

GG Drizz, I can't believe that deep pass at the end worked for you for a first down. My CB stood there like an idiot and didn't even make a play on the ball. I think my defense is full of morons, I jumped two passes that game of yours hit triangle and my guy stands there not making a play on the ball

The end of the first half lol I screwed myself. Out of timeouts at the 35 yard line, I hit X thinking Ask Madden would be FG and I lined for a punt. I was like D:, and I lose by 3 points. Imagine that! Cursed season.

Games Remaining

Colts @ Patriots
Rams @ Seahawks
49ers @ Cardinals
Steelers @ Ravens
Browns @ Bengals
Falcons @ Saints
Cowboys @ Dolphins
Eagles @ Jets
Raiders @ Chiefs
Chargers @ Packers
Vikings @ Lions
Giants @ Buccaneers
Redskins @ Bills

Week 10
AFC OPotW:
T. Brady (NE) 17/21, 292 yds, 5 TDs
AFC DPotW: D. Poe (KC) 7 TKL, 2 sacks, 1 FR, 1 TD
NFC OPotW: D. Martin (TB) 29 carries, 161 yds, 2 TDs, 4 rec, 29 yds
NFC DPotW: D. Lawrence (DAL) 4 TKL, 4 sacks

Mrbob

My Just Losez streak continues. I've lost three games by 3 points and one game by 4 points. Keep the score close and I'll find a way to lose.

brentech

Damnit bob and Brent I needed y'all to win!

I thought Brent was taking about this weeks game earlier lol. You need to win man!
Lol Yea. Was a response to Greg on being down about the game, but typing from my tablet made it take too long and other people got posts between it.

Greg

that's right

i'm slangin with fitzmagic. you ain't notice all the chucking i was doing lol. no fucks given my boy AJ out for another 2 weeks too
we both started the game with bullshit picks players warping in front

I SEE YOU, MADDEN

Lol Yea. Was a response to Greg on being down about the game, but typing from my tablet made it take too long and other people got posts between it.
I may be down, but I'm not ou-... there's always next season!

Top Bottom