• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Madden '15 PS4 League Thread: We Know DOTA

BigAT

There's like a 98% chance I forget to select my profile in the first game. Wish you could just change the damn controls and have it save.

Even as I was typing this dumb post I forgot to select it for game 2.

BigAT

Is that fucking space invaders type item always a guaranteed kill? I don't think I've ever survived it and it seems like bullshit.

rinserecordings.jpg

Greg

GG

I was getting some weird lag on my end from opening kick on that would just run really smooth and then completely lock up randomly for a split second... wasn't gonna bother trying to dig myself out of that hole like that

SickBoy

Jeebus, Bowser... gg

I think that might be one of the most ridiculous games of Madden I've played. I wouldn't have begrudged you winning on that last pick 6, as unlikely as it seemed based on your playcall (that's one sharp defender, but then again, I should've lofted the ball). Overall you called a great game and I had my hands full (and I was awfully fortunate with my takeaways)...

Blame the INTs you threw on Madden karma from my previous week's game, where my D couldn't catch anything.

It was a fun and frustrating game. I feel for you because it felt like it was going to be a loss for me (just based on the general game flow, not the late game drama) and I'm sure you felt like you were on the road to victory. I felt like I got my sea legs as the game moved on after a rough start, but never felt like I was frequently on my heels.

DJ Bowser

Jeebus, Bowser... gg

I think that might be one of the most ridiculous games of Madden I've played. I wouldn't have begrudged you winning on that last pick 6, as unlikely as it seemed based on your playcall (that's one sharp defender, but then again, I should've lofted the ball). Overall you called a great game and I had my hands full (and I was awfully fortunate with my takeaways)...

Blame the INTs you threw on Madden karma from my previous week's game, where my D couldn't catch anything.

It was a fun and frustrating game. I feel for you because it felt like it was going to be a loss for me (just based on the general game flow, not the late game drama) and I'm sure you felt like you were on the road to victory. I felt like I got my sea legs as the game moved on after a rough start, but never felt like I was frequently on my heels.
GG, man. Very disappointed in the loss, but the tide turned on my mistakes. I probably should have committed a little more to the run. On the pick-6 I saw the read and just hoped it could fit in. At least it was repaid later so I can't blame the loss on that.

I was really happy with my defense until that last drive when it mattered most. I considered calling a TO or audibling on the last play because I felt the blitz was an unnecessary risk (He got the go ahead score with a pass from the 2 yard line with 2 seconds left).

I'm stoked for the draft and off-season stuff. This is the first Madden I've played since the PS2 days and am enjoying it a lot.

brentech

Has there been any word from Squall since he wasn't able to play 'last week'?
Just sent a PM, but I'm not going to be able to play tomorrow in the evening, and I'm not missing the Packers game to play Madden.

Has there been any word from Squall since he wasn't able to play 'last week'?
Just sent a PM, but I'm not going to be able to play tomorrow in the evening, and I'm not missing the Packers game to play Madden.

Haven't heard from him but maybe we can give him till evening (8-9 CT?) and if he hasn't gotten back I can AP him.

Also, it would be totally marvelous if we could all finish our games tonight so that Wellie can play the Patriots before he goes off and gets dat latina ass in Puerto Rico. Not that I think I'm going to win my last 4 and somehow steal the division, but I want Cola to earn every damn win he gets!
Actually what am I thinking. That's totally what I think!

Greg

When frenchie logged into to play my game it retired him I guess? Now I have Tomlin as coach (gross). I'd been saving for the scouting bonus for like a season and a half.
can we trade coaches?

I'll trade you Olivia Munn for a 20 OVR punter

brentech

When frenchie logged into to play my game it retired him I guess? Now I have Tomlin as coach (gross). I'd been saving for the scouting bonus for like a season and a half.

i gotta say, that's a bit careless just to advance a week. that actually means something in this league. not to mention if you had already purchased something

Just got done a 5k on the rower. Tested out the Fire Stick again, and it is working much better this time around. Going into netflix, exiting, just going into a bunch of different menus to test it and it never got bogged down or stuck like the first use.

i gotta say, that's a bit careless just to advance a week. that actually means something in this league. not to mention if you had already purchased something

Just got done a 5k on the rower. Tested out the Fire Stick again, and it is working much better this time around. Going into netflix, exiting, just going into a bunch of different menus to test it and it never got bogged down or stuck like the first use.
I don't understand any bit of this post.

Dammit!

Tell me what you're looking for as the draft approaches and I'll use my points to scout the difference for you. Then I can send you the break down so you have it for the draft

eznark

Banned

Nice. I used it last night and it was fine. Picture quality is great. Still really lacking in apps. The twitch app is awful.

brentech

Nice. I used it last night and it was fine. Picture quality is great. Still really lacking in apps. The twitch app is awful.

Can't say I've tried the twitch app on Chromecast or the Fire Stick yet. Only did tab casting of twitch before the app was added to the Chromecast.
I do dislike the cheap remote that comes with the Fire Stick though.

Also, in Driveclub, I started to go back and do early events that I didn't get 3 stars on (didn't realize later progress was stopped if you didn't have enough stars), and that's actually slowly made me a little better at the game. Unlike most driving sims, I find I have to use external view in the arcade of Driveclub. Also, drifting still sucks.

Wtf my wife apparently decided to have a "holiday" party tonight that I didn't know about. Food catering and a bunch of other trash I'm paying for! All I wanted to do is dota and smash tonight!

Wtf my wife apparently decided to have a "holiday" party tonight that I didn't know about. Food catering and a bunch of other trash I'm paying for! All I wanted to do is dota and smash tonight!

You still totally could

Also, Rinse, hope things are okay but it's been almost 14 hours since we almost started playing. Will you be around today?

brentech

Yeah, I didn't know until last night that on a Sunday of all days, my wife schedules for us to take out her entire pharmacy staff to dinner along with the other pharmacist that works at the store. Luckily the Packers play at 1

I'm so proud to see how fmt has gone from hating dota to wanting to play it every night.

Full conversion.
highfive.gif

eznark

Banned
Yeah, I didn't know until last night that on a Sunday of all days, my wife schedules for us to take out her entire pharmacy staff to dinner along with the other pharmacist that works at the store. Luckily the Packers play at 1

Full conversion.
highfive.gif

After last season when I missed four Sundays (only one packer game thank god) I put my foot down this year and told her she could have one. She chose last week to shop. Worked out great as the Sunday games sucked and the Packers played Monday.

I am truly #blessed

FMT, its your wife's party. You should be considerate and let her enjoy it without your interference. Probably best if you just play video games.

Top Bottom