• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Madden '15 PS4 League Thread: We Know DOTA

JABEE

Reading the comments. I'm sorry about that catch FMT. I sucked ass this game. You're right about my QB play. I played some close games the first two weeks of the season. :(

TheCrow

rampage-jackson-vs-door-o.gif

http://a.pomf.se/rqqbmu.webm

Ramirez

GG Rami. You played a great game. I couldn't get my running game going at all. Nice work.

GG, sorry about running the same play with only seconds to go before the half. I tried to spike it, which I thought was square, but that wasn't doing anything, so I started frantically pressing triangle to try and get the play off again.

Greg

Luke, let me know whenever is good for you

probably not tomorrow unless it's early (FOOTBALL!), but I can work around whenever else

Smokey

That's okay. I was done for the night. Going to enjoy some great football games tomorrow. May be on again after the Sunday Night game. Also, don't worry about the Twitch comments. i deserved that. I was rattled.

are they hazing you JABEE

Ferny

If yall run into a Seahawks Defensive Playbook in MUT...hook me up. It's the last one I need to complete the D. Playbook set. It's going for around 2k on the Auction House when most of the other playbooks are in the 500 range. They can EAD for 2k coins.

I actually may have one, let me double check.

LJ11

MUT is boring me with the grind, and online is trash with all these no huddle people

Yeah, MUT seems to be a bit tedious, but it probably get better the more you play. Smokey's into it, so it's probably not all bad.

It can be frustrating playing against randoms, but you also learn how to stop a lot of shit when you go up against all of their craziness. Haven't done the random games in a few years, probably never will again (played way toooo many games in the past), but I can say it was good practice.

Only way to get better is to play over and over, observe what the better players do, and then practice it in your free time. I feel like I have to play often to get good. Some guys are naturals, I have to keep playing or I stink.

Week 3

Next vance date: Tuesday (9/9) @ 5:45 pst

Games:
Buccaneers @ Falcons (Storybook)
Chargers (Nightz) @ Bills (rinse)
Cowboys (somnia) @ Rams (LJ)
Redskins (Mcneily) @ Eagles (CB)
Texans (Smokey) @ Giants (wellington) - FMT GAME OF THE WEEK!
Vikings (dcx) @ Saints (sickboy)
Titans (Soka) @ Bengals (splat)
Ravens (GQMan) @ Browns (Brent) - CONTACT GQ ON PSN, HE'S BANNED
Packers (Ez) @ Lions (Trasher)
Colts (Luke) @ Jags (greg)
Raiders (pistol) @ Pats (cola)
49ers @ Cards
Broncos (Drizz) @ Seahawks (az)
Chiefs (crimson) @ Dolphins (Pheeniks)
Steelers (Ramirez) @ Panthers (Jabee)
Bears (Bob) @ Jets (Ferny)
NFC Offensive Player of the Week: Marshawn Lynch (Seahawks) - 17 car, 109 yards, 2 TD
NFC Defensive Player of the Week: J. Ihedigbo (Lions) - 5 tackles, 2 int, 1 TD

AFC Offensive Player of the Week - Tom Brady (Patriots) - 21/32, 286 yards, 2 TD, 1 int
AFC Defensive Player of the Week - Brian Cushing (Texans) - 2 tackles, 2 int, 1 TD

for the new page.... so people know we vanced!

Somnia

Yeah, MUT seems to be a bit tedious, but it probably get better the more you play. Smokey's into it, so it's probably not all bad.

It can be frustrating playing against randoms, but you also learn how to stop a lot of shit when you go up against all of their craziness. Haven't done the random games in a few years, probably never will again (played way toooo many games in the past), but I can say it was good practice.

Only way to get better is to play over and over, observe what the better players do, and then practice it in your free time. I feel like I have to play often to get good. Some guys are naturals, I have to keep playing or I stink.

*waits*

Edit: yay

Greg

Got to spend straight cash homey like Ferny.
I was actually considering that pack you can buy only 1 of that's like a dollar, but I don't see myself playing it enough now to care

it opens up once you get decent cards or a legend that you can flip for 50K coins and actually buy stuff
I wish you could up the difficulty and it ups the reward, even if it's just more coins

I really can't stand to go through another rookie or pro game when it feels like mindless work and not a video game

the only thing that bothers me is that it makes me change the way I play my game, so it doesn't end up really being practice for the games I care about (this league)

and I'm the same way - I feel like I need a 10-minute practice session before I hop in a real game or else my timing and everything is off

Smokey

i haven't played much against randoms. i won the SB in my first MUT season and on the playoffs in my second. Most of my time has been spent collecting and trying to complete these hard ass sets.

Greg said:
I wish you could up the difficulty and it ups the reward, even if it's just more coins

I really can't stand to go through another rookie or pro game when it feels like mindless work and not a video game

If i played on my TV it would probably drive me crazy. I play at my desk though so I have the game going and can do whatever on the PC at the same time.

brentech

Finally took the time to make a second MUT lineup with shit tier players to use on all this God damned rookie/pro challenges.

Greg

If i played on my TV it would probably drive me crazy. I play at my desk though so I have the game going and can do whatever on the PC at the same time.
yeah, I've been doing it through remote play while I work

definitely wouldn't play a real game with it, but it's good enough

Somnia

Storm hitting NYC right now, literally started right as we kicked off, probably causing lag so I got kicked.

Really coming down.

Ah ok man, if you'd rather play Monday around 10PM EST I can, I know MNF is on then, but tomorrow I won't be free till after SNF unless that works for you.

Sucks, I really felt my offense clicking too haha

LJ11

Ah ok man, if you'd rather play Monday around 10PM EST I can, I know MNF is on then, but tomorrow I won't be free till after SNF unless that works for you.

Sucks, I really felt my offense clicking too haha

:(

Pass D woes continue. Yeah, I mean we can try later but I don't want to keep you hostage. Monday is fine.

brentech

Okay. Now that we're in the 3rd,i have to say it's pretty legit just clock running. 4 seconds left with every play.
This is really annoying when the games are already limited possession. 6 plays in a row now. Little early for this, but same thing in the first quarter. Someone said he was slow to pick plays , but holy fuck we're on the field and it runs forever before any snaps.

Not even worth bothering to play

Ramirez

Okay. Now that we're in the 3rd,i have to say it's pretty legit just clock running. 4 seconds left with every play.
This is really annoying when the games are already limited possession. 6 plays in a row now. Little early for this, but same thing in the first quarter. Someone said he was slow to pick plays , but holy fuck we're on the field and it runs forever before any snaps.

Not even worth bothering to play

It was me, he did it to me from the start last game. I just assumed he was shitty and didn't know what plays to pick, lol.

He runs a very boring offense with a lot of short routes, add in the clock aspect and it's hard to keep up if you're playing a normal paced game.

Ramirez

It would also help if when you pick "underneath" defense alignment, they actually played it, it doesn't really seem to matter from my experience.

brentech

Play calls are conservative, so whatever, but it's just the fact that the clock was run from get go.
He's at least effective with what he does. Just kind of puts everyone at a disadvantage when down by score and clock is wasted all game. Otherwise, it's a totally legit plays style.

Nightz

Sorry Bob and FMT, there's a thunderstorm here and the power went out. That's why I disappeared from that Dota game.

Rinse let's just play tomorrow.

Top Bottom