• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Madden '15 PS4 League Thread: We Know DOTA

Nightz

I just picked up the game today even though all my time has vanished to destiny. As somewhat of a complete noob to the series, what is the best resource to look to gain competency? The reviews put me over the edge on this one. Typically only an NHL sports guy.

The skills trainer in this game are actually good. I usually avoid them, but they're useful in helping with the basics.

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
I just picked up the game today even though all my time has vanished to destiny. As somewhat of a complete noob to the series, what is the best resource to look to gain competency? The reviews put me over the edge on this one. Typically only an NHL sports guy.

Is this about dota or madden

BigAT

Football is stupid anyway. DotA is the only true sport.

iYacDov.jpg

eznark

Banned
WHERE DID YOU GO BOB? WHAT HAPPENED TO THE FUCKING INCESSANT FIRST QUARTER IM'S? WHERE ARE YOU LITTLE BITCH?
WHERE DID YOU GO BOB? WHAT HAPPENED TO THE FUCKING INCESSANT FIRST QUARTER IM'S? WHERE ARE YOU LITTLE BITCH?

Drizzler is a Niner fan, right? If so no chance he'd want to play right now but otherwise I wouldn't mind getting it out of the way so I can Destiny the night away ;)

SickBoy

Anyone have a direct line to DM? We talked via PM about playing tonight but I haven't heard back since I suggested right now as the time.

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
GG LJ

Last time i replay games this year that im on the winning side of. My level of caring gets cut in half every time and i end up playing like shit. Ive lost way too many games in scenario's just like that.

Is he on AP? We were supposed to play tonight but I haven't seen him around and there's no way we're going to play before the advance tomorrow unless he magically shows up in the next 30 minutes.

I'll go put him on AP. If he doesn't show up when scheduled then go ahead and play

I'll go put him on AP. If he doesn't show up when scheduled then go ahead and play

Well we didn't schedule an exact time. I PMed him yesterday and asked when he could play. He told me Saturday and Sunday night. I told him Sunday night works better for me and I haven't heard anything since.

LJ11

GG LJ

Last time i replay games this year that im on the winning side of. My level of caring gets cut in half every time and i end up playing like shit. Ive lost way too many games in scenario's just like that.

Two of my wins have come off of replays, trust me, I don't feel good about them. Especially with the way momentum works at times. When your QB is on he's on, when he's off good luck getting him back under control.

I'm not sure what we did in the past in these situation, but continuing where we left off is probably a good idea. If you're up 3 with a half to go and the game gets disconnected, you play another half with +3 on your score. A quarter left, play another quarter. Just throwing it out there.

Not feeling good about this situation, wish I could say the game was fun too, but it wasn't, another ugly game.

Mrbob

FMT now going into hiding confirmed.

Can someone give me the settings again that we have to play at. I want to double check them to make sure nothing reset on me.

Mrbob

GG Jabee. I got stubborn with those FB dives on goal to go from the 1 yard line. Nice job stuffing me and pushing me back. Happy with a solid second half to get the win. I think I've figured out Fales strengths and weaknesses now, and his weaknesses are pretty big.

eznark

Banned
Level 15! Bladedancer!

Oh...all my abilities reset.

BAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Brent if you were talking there I couldn't hear you, but holy fuck we dominated those 4 matches!

JABEE

GG Jabee. I got stubborn with those FB dives on goal to go from the 1 yard line. Nice job stuffing me and pushing me back. Happy with a solid second half to get the win. I think I've figured out Fales strengths and weaknesses now, and his weaknesses are pretty big.

I had a lot of trouble stopping your run game. In the second half you did a great job of exposing my zones on those corner routes you were running with Jeffery.

I have to do a better job of not trying to squeeze in passes. Some of these shots are so tempting and I get to jittery in a relatively clean pocket. I have to let those routes develop. So many TOs in this game.

Do you guys all play zoomed out? What are the advantages to that? I had one drive going where I was using it, but it felt strange. I need to get used to it. I could feel a little more depth in the passing game and felt like I could see the field better. That's something I have to work on.

Great game, Bob. Thanks for all the tips and stuff in the Twitch chat too, guys!

Go Eagles tomorrow!

brentech

Level 15! Bladedancer!

Oh...all my abilities reset.

BAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Brent if you were talking there I couldn't hear you, but holy fuck we dominated those 4 matches!

lol, yea, you have to re-level the subclass

I only talked when we first joined up together, but not during the games.
That first game we played, people on our team had like 6.0 and 9.0 kda

Definitely takes me a game each time to warm up I've noticed.

Do you guys all play zoomed out? What are the advantages to that?

I use wide, or whatever the one level out of standard is. I like being able to see the outside receivers. Just a preference. I don't think there is any particular advantage since the game does a pretty decent job of zooming out anyways on passes, but it does maybe help see if a guy gets jammed right at the start.
What do I know...i'm 1-3

.Gg Squall, I'm sorry you lost track of the clock. Holy shit. I can't even. Take a few minutes and go read the game log of the Cards at Broncos game. Peyton had 8 turnovers, Palmer had 7. 4 defensive TDs between the two of us. I benched Peyton for 6 downs and then he comes in and gets sacked fumble. Then he leads an amazing comeback. Or really Talib does. The score was 28-3 at the half. I win 28-31.

Wait a second, where can I access the game log?

I really don't understand this game. I'm blowing him out 28-3 and then every single thing I throw past a little slant gets picked. The computer is WAY too good at intercepting. I tried waiting until my receiver got ahead of his man, juked his man, had nice space on his man and it didn't matter. The DB would just teleport over or get a big speed boost and pick it off. I'm guessing this happened to him too at times with so many turnovers both ways. Pretty frustrating. All in all though, I went full retard and could have sealed the game by running it in on the goal line but I decide to get cute and do a short slant which he picks off and runs down the entire field...

GG nonethess Drizz, I decided to channel the Giants I guess. I have a theory that every game I lose in Madden the Cards will win in real life. If we beat the Niners, I'm just going to keep losing ;)

BTW Drizz, for future reference, I think FMT said you can't run the hurry up until the final two minutes of the game.Someone chime in if I'm wrong! Also, can't control your OLB manually for sacks like you did with Von Miller, lucky for me he got injured soon after haha Anyway, awesome comeback and good job.

On another note, could someone for the love of god tell me how to switch Dywer out for Ellington? It makes me not want to runt he ball, Dwyer isn't half as dynamic and the stupid computer never puts him in. Also, a couple times I rush the play as if I'm doing a hurry up and then I just spike the ball. What button does this so I can make sure I avoid it in the future?

O is spike. I hurry up in appropriate times to mix things up, just like the RL Broncos. Von Miller is my DE.

You went for it on 4th down and gave me the ball in FG range in the 3rf quarter while you were up three scores.

Top Bottom