• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Madden '15 PS4 League Thread: We Know DOTA

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
I think the no huddle rule is only in the two minute drill or something like that. Something close to what squall said.

O is spike. I hurry up in appropriate times to mix things up, just like the RL Broncos. Von Miller is my DE.

Really? I thought I was hitting x too soon to start the play, didn't think I was hitting O. Well, it takes me into a hurry up mode first where it doesn't show me any sort of play or any controls and then as soon as the play initiates, it spikes. Do you think I'm actually going into hurry up and then somehow spiking it? How do you go into hurry up? Oh I know why you were using it and don't' have a problem with it myself, I just thought we weren't allowed to. If we are, I can experiment with that. Oh ok, can I make say D Wash a DE to do the same? That's pretty smart. Time to get a little more Destiny in before bed, thanks for pushing my shit in hehe One day I might get good at this game, one day!

Holding triangle gets you to hurry up. Holding circle gets you to spike it. And yeah, I user hit stick Palmer and Von Miller gets hurt for it.

I think the no huddle rule is only in the two minute drill or something like that. Something close to what squall said.
Well it's a new rule and I'm stoned. I was down 28-3!

Does anyone want to crucible with me and Tsizzle?

Ferny

Drizzler we got hosed by a ref that didn't even look at who was calling a TO.

Second, who is Vault boy on PSN? Is that Crow?

Ferny

I stepped away from my ps4 two days ago and Crow and Sanjuro joined my party and were just yelling weird things lol when I finally got back to put on my headset, my power went out and couldn't play with them :(

8 Bosses for the raid. DAYUM

We got 8 people at 25 yet?

eznark

Banned
Brent, I did the heroic weekly with Crow and Lonestar last night. It only took us an hour and a half! Progress!

Also, we only got coins for all that work. Fuck you, Luke.

My biggest problem with the game so far is how difficult they make it to actually get fucking loot.

Why do I have to find a hidden treasure chest after killing a boss? Why am I searching for hidden treasure chests at all? In this type of game, isn't the loot supposed to be the appeal? Not sure if it's the art or what, but I find it really difficult to pick out objects that can be interacted with, including chests.

Right now I am having a blast leveling up and I really enjoy the PvP shockingly (probably because I am actually not total ass at it) but once I hit the level cap why would I want to do a 2 hour raid to get no loot?

TheCrow

I stepped away from my ps4 two days ago and Crow and Sanjuro joined my party and were just yelling weird things lol when I finally got back to put on my headset, my power went out and couldn't play with them :(

8 Bosses for the raid. DAYUM

We got 8 people at 25 yet?

Yep, thats us. We thought we scared you off. And I think we have a couple who are close to 25 with a bunch at 20.

My biggest problem with the game so far is how difficult they make it to actually get fucking loot.

Why do I have to find a hidden treasure chest after killing a boss? Why am I searching for hidden treasure chests at all? In this type of game, isn't the loot supposed to be the appeal? Not sure if it's the art or what, but I find it really difficult to pick out objects that can be interacted with, including chests.

Right now I am having a blast leveling up and I really enjoy the PvP shockingly (probably because I am actually not total ass at it) but once I hit the level cap why would I want to do a 2 hour raid to get no loot?

It actually isn't that bad. I got 3 items with light stats on them on the three earlier strikes I did with Crow. I don't know why the last one didn't give us shit. Especially considering it took by far the longest time.

Edit: Also, apparently strange coins let you buy really good items from some guy who's periodically in the tower. So maybe it's not all bad that I got 3.

TheCrow

I still don't know how to join clans. I'm 21.
Don't worry the clan stuff is completely useless.

It actually isn't that bad. I got 3 items with light stats on them on the three earlier strikes I did with Crow. I don't know why the last one didn't give us shit. Especially considering it took by far the longest time.

Edit: Also, apparently strange coins let you buy really good items from some guy who's periodically in the tower. So maybe it's not all bad that I got 3.

You'll need at least 13 for any of the worthwhile items he sells. I would have 14 if I got any from that strike. I guess you can only do the weekly strike so many times.

Mrbob

Waking up this morning and last night still feels good.

Now I'm trying to decide what I enjoyed the most. The Niners second half implosion with Fuller clowning Kap or Chris Conte getting an interception. Perhaps the best aspect is no matter what happens this season I can hold this over FMT.

Somnia

Was gone most of the weekend so I've fallen way behind in Destiny, still level 9 or something like that. Will be on tonight after the gym.

TheCrow

I got a legendary fusion rifle. :D

You're the worst!
rage.gif
At least its just a fusion rifle.

Week 5 Games Remaining

Storybook Falcons @ Wellster Giants
Dmczaf Buccaneers @ Fisheye Saints
Rinse Bills @ Trash Lions
GQman Ravens @ Lukems Colts
TigerRag Seahawks @ McNeily Redskins

Injury Report

Bears
DE J. Allen. 4 weeks. Dislocated knee.
QB J. Cutler. 2 weeks. Dislocated ankle.

Bengals
OLB V. Burfict. 1 week. Shoulder tear.

Chargers
MLB M. Te'o. 3 weeks. Pulled Groin.

Jaguars
QB B. Bortles. 5 weeks. Dislocated ankle.

Jets
QB G. Smith. 3 weeks. Pulled Groin.

Packers
TE C. Lyerla. 2 weeks. Dislocated elbow.
DE M. Daniels. 2 weeks. Dislocated elbow.

Ravens
OLB E. Dumervil. 2 weeks. Dislocated ankle.

Redskins
TE J. Reed. 1 week. Broken Jaw.

Saints
QB D. Brees. 3 weeks. Broken toe.

Steelers
QB B. Roethlisberger. 4 weeks. Partial ACL tear.

The lack of loot is what made the beta boring to me. People compare it to Borderlands but Borderlands knew how to give you loot at proper intervals.

eznark

Banned
The lack of loot is what made the beta boring to me. People compare it to Borderlands but Borderlands knew how to give you loot at proper intervals.

Borderlands problem was that the randomness of the weapons made 85% of them totally fucking useless. There has to be a happy medium.

And yeah I haven't done a bunch of raid type stuff yet, so maybe it gets better, but that dungeon I ran with AZ for one measly chest? Not sure I'd be compelled to do a bunch of those.

TheCrow

Borderlands problem was that the randomness of the weapons made 85% of them totally fucking useless. There has to be a happy medium.

And yeah I haven't done a bunch of raid type stuff yet, so maybe it gets better, but that dungeon I ran with AZ for one measly chest? Not sure I'd be compelled to do a bunch of those.

I'm pretty sure that chest had nothing to do with the strike. Assuming it was a golden chest. Really the reward is the chance for a good drop after the mission or the engrams you pick up during the strike.

Ferny

Those chests are just one time things. You get items at the end of each one. I believe its based on loot tables but can't say for sure.

brentech

yeah, i just finished a strike and got an upgrade in gauntlets of a rare with light. lvl 22 now

was almost done a strike (was doing a playlist), and the game force restarted for update >.<

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
yeah, i just finished a strike and got an upgrade in gauntlets of a rare with light. lvl 22 now

was almost done a strike (was doing a playlist), and the game force restarted for update >.<

I saw your invite brent but i figured i was too low level for that strike. Still stuck on 20! I did end up beating the main game i think. Gotta find some equipment upgrades now.

Right, they handed the loot out at good intervals, but they loot itself wasn't great. At least they rewarded you for exploring. I kept exploring every nook and cranny and not being rewarded for it.

Ferny

I still haven't beat the story. I can't find the will to want to do it :/ someone told me you get a really nice gun at the end, but it's the same mission type every time.

brentech

I still haven't beat the story. I can't find the will to want to do it :/ someone told me you get a really nice gun at the end, but it's the same mission type every time.

Yeah, that's the Stranger's Rifle. It upgrades like 8 times over, some really good options too.

TheCrow

As soon as you get a level 20 weapon is not that useful. Do you know if its possible to just tag along someone's fire team and get the gun by skipping to the last level?

Ferny

As soon as you get a level 20 weapon is not that useful. Do you know if its possible to just tag along someone's fire team and get the gun by skipping to the last level?

No idea, I have pretty good weapons right now. I'm sure I can find better so Im not really worried about getting that Stranger's rifle. Maybe I will will myself to finish it at some point.

Top Bottom