• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Madden '15 PS4 League Thread: We Know DOTA

eznark

Banned
I wish we had tree branches around. I got hit with much, much worse. Those damn giant metal spoons hispanic mothers use were the most common.

And now you are a drug dealer, while Wellington has severe anger management issues.

Well done parents!

Week 6

Next vance date: Thursday @ 7 pm pst

Games:

Colts (Luke?) @ Texans (Smokey) - FMT GAME OF THE WEEK... IF LUKE PLAYS!
Bears (Bob) @ Falcons (Story)
Jags (Greg) @ Titans (Soka)
Broncos (Drizz) @ Jets (Ferny)
Lions (Trasher) @ Vikings (DCX)
Pats (Cola) @ Bills (Rinse)
Panthers (Jabee) @ Bengals (Splat)
Steelers (ramirez) @ Browns (Brent)
Packers (Ez) @ Dolphins (pheeniks)
Chargers (nightz) @ Raiders (pistol)
Cowboys (Somnia) @ Seahawks (az)
Redskins (mcneily) @ Cards (squall)
Giants (Wellington) @ Eagles (CB)
49ers (fmt) @ Rams (LJ)
Ravens (GQman) @ Bucs (DM)

NFC Offensive Player of the Week - Matt Forte (Bears) - 24 car, 147 yards, 2 TD, 1 rec, 2 yards, 1 TD
NFC Defensive Player of the Week - Brian Orakpo (Redskins) - 7 tackles, 3 sacks, 1 int, 1 FF, 1 FR

AFC Offensive Player of the Week - Gronk - 12 rec, 182 yards, 2 TD
AFC Defensive Player of the Week - Vontae Davis (Colts) - 5 tackles, 3 int, 1 TD

BigAT

I wish we had tree branches around. I got hit with much, much worse. Those damn giant metal spoons hispanic mothers use were the most common.

Someone posted a t-shirt that was the underside of a sandal and a caption that was something like "Weapon of choice for abuelas everywhere."

McNei1y

GG, I wonder how the game would've turned out had Harvin not fumbled the ball at the 10 or if Sherman caught that obvious pick 6, but what can you do.

Yeah. I was so confused about that fumble. It just bounced around dodging my defenders hands. Your defenders also made my receivers drop the ball every time. I think I had like 7 droops balls.

GG, I wonder how the game would've turned out had Harvin not fumbled the ball at the 10 or if Sherman caught that obvious pick 6, but what can you do.

dick sherman exposed just like in real life!

by the way guys i did put the difficulty on all pro for ONE WEEK! i did it after vance so hopefully it takes.... we'll see if we notice a difference. give your feedback

Nightz

Good game nightz, there was some slight lag after the pick six but it didn't last long. Other than that really smooth game

My game was stuttering the rest of the way after that. GG though, threw some really bad balls in that one and your guys just caught everything. Reminded me of when I played Rors!

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
Christ. Im getting to old for this shit. My palms were sweaty for like that whole final quarter.

BigAT

Christ. Im getting to old for this shit. My palms were sweaty for like that whole final quarter.

eminem_8_mile.jpg

Greg

GG, Soka - so frustrated by the time the 3rd started I didn't have it in me to put anything together

outside run and cross is all you needed to win

Sokantish

GG Greg, I am going back to my old ways of just throwing a ton of INTs, I make so many dumb decisions while passing. Luckily my running back bailed me out that game

Greg

I can already tell I don't like all-pro because they would've kept most of those runs in check outside of the ones I manually whiffed on

and deep balls are too much of a gamble without WR control... I really don't understand why that's a rule when you can manually control defensive players in a 1-on-1 situation?

had that perfect play action call early on and the deep man was beat way to the outside, but I just have to sit there and watch the shitty pass that I know is going to get picked

I can already tell I don't like all-pro because they would've kept most of those runs in check outside of the ones I manually whiffed on

and deep balls are too much of a gamble without WR control... I really don't understand why that's a rule when you can manually control defensive players in a 1-on-1 situation?

had that perfect play action call early on and the deep man was beat way to the outside, but I just have to sit there and watch the shitty pass that I know is going to get picked

in the hands of the right player (or "wrong" player, as it were) manual catching can turn a mediocre WR into an unstoppable deep bomb machine. play some random ranked vs. the seattle percy harvins and get ready to see randy moss in his prime reincarnated

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
in the hands of the right player (or "wrong" player, as it were) manual catching can turn a mediocre WR into an unstoppable deep bomb machine. play some random ranked vs. the seattle percy harvins and get ready to see randy moss in his prime reincarnated

I hate that big WR's wont make the plays you think they should make, but you can manual catch with any size WR and they will sky rocket to get the ball. Cant they just give some of that to the CPU WR's automatically?

Greg

if you get someone isolated and there's no help over top, would you agree the manually controlled defender
(letting the computer control him until you press triangle at the last second)
has the clear advantage over a CPU controlled target?

and jump balls aside, my main issue is not being able to adjust the receiver to poorly thrown balls/balls that don't go where you intended when the defender is clearly beat

Smokey

if you get someone isolated and there's no help over top, would you agree the manually controlled defender
(letting the computer control him until you press triangle at the last second)
has the clear advantage over a CPU controlled target?

and jump balls aside, my main issue is not being able to adjust the receiver to poorly thrown balls/balls that don't go where you intended when the defender is clearly beat

image.php

Greg

don't make me out to be crazy! someone here has to feel the same way!

if Madden says I have a favorable stats across the board against a defender that's isolated, why should the outcome be so skewed defensively?

but the real issue, like I said, is simply being able to adjust the WR (took me 2 minutes in practice to find an example):
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yBIGrPchYr8

that shit is 100% guaranteed to be picked off by the CPU if I don't manually adjust my WR in - it's not trying to cheese and make something out of nothing, it's just trying to get what's clearly there

Smokey

don't make me out to be crazy! someone here has to feel the same way!

if Madden says I have a favorable stats across the board against a defender that's isolated, why should the outcome be so skewed defensively?

but the real issue, like I said, is simply being able to adjust the WR (took me 2 minutes in practice to find an example):
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yBIGrPchYr8

that shit is 100% guaranteed to be picked off by the CPU if I don't manually adjust my WR in - it's not trying to cheese and make something out of nothing, it's just trying to get what's clearly there

ive already been down this path bruh

Splat

gg dude, I am hot garbage this year. I guess when my only madden time is league games, that's bound to happen. Dalton replacement in the draft!

SickBoy

I hate that big WR's wont make the plays you think they should make, but you can manual catch with any size WR and they will sky rocket to get the ball. Cant they just give some of that to the CPU WR's automatically?

Yeah, I can't stand the way the WRs react to the ball sometimes, though on a couple of occasions this season I've had receivers make plays I didn't expect to see happen in Madden NFL Football.

That said, on All Madden (I'm on bye this All-Pro test week), I've had more success throwing deep balls (with Scott Tolzien) through four games than I did in some 20+ games last year.

brentech

I know the pain of watching a ball get picked off or not even defenderd by your receiver, but that one really is a slippery slope. That gets really tough to defend deep balls when receiver control comes in. Played to many randoms and seem that outcome over the years

Top Bottom