• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Madden '15 PS4 League Thread: We Know DOTA

TheCrow

How hard is it to get from 20 to 26? You need random loot drops?

That or leveling up your rank with one of the factions and purchasing legendary armor. Thats what I ended up doing last night so now I just need to level it up and I should hit 26 soon.

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
How hard is it to get from 20 to 26? You need random loot drops?

Seems like it. What apparently "gets you over" 20, is equipment with "Light" stats on them. Though maybe, it's just a sign of a high level piece also having alot of Light.

The helmet has like 7 upgrades on it, most needing various items picked up. Base 280 defense, upgraded to like 380 defense.

I've wondered what the faction stuff is. So, buy and equip the item? Warlock's seem to be a arm band, so I assume it's the same "spot" for the other 2 classes (Cape and whatnot)

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
lol, watching a bit of the Raid stream.

I'm sensing some FFXIV Coil shenanigans. Having players do certain things at certain times, or everything fails.

TheCrow

Seems like it. What apparently "gets you over" 20, is equipment with "Light" stats on them. Though maybe, it's just a sign of a high level piece also having alot of Light.

The helmet has like 7 upgrades on it, most needing various items picked up. Base 280 defense, upgraded to like 380 defense.

I've wondered what the faction stuff is. So, buy and equip the item? Warlock's seem to be a arm band, so I assume it's the same "spot" for the other 2 classes (Cape and whatnot)

Yep just buy and equip their class item and you'll convert any vanguard/crucible rep into the faction's rep. Once you hit level 2 you can buy legendary armor.

brentech

i'd say if you're going to waste your time there, know that its mostly for the weapon parts and metal. would rather do a strike playlist.
to my surprise, I actually did just decode a lvl 20 hand cannon, so at least I got that. everything else was just uncommon. shit load of parts and plating though, which i needed

Sokantish

Guys do you think Pachter was right when he said wait to buy an xbox one for the holiday because there's going to be a really good bundle or should I just get the Sunset Overdrive bundle?

eznark

Banned
Destiny is the greatest game of all time because Ben Lindbergh (the greatest baseball writer of our time) wrote a piece about it.

http://grantland.com/hollywood-pros...l-its-over-the-pseudo-endlessness-of-destiny/

He also sums it up better than pretty much anyone else has so far (helps that unlike video game writers Ben is, in fact, an actual writer):

Online games are always evolving, so early impressions are only a snapshot. For now, a snapshot of Destiny reveals a good-looking game that’s part shooter with derivative level design, part RPG with a paper-thin plot and a missing instruction manual, and part MMO that doesn’t play particularly well with others. For all of that, it’s fun for at least as long as most games that hit more of their marks but aren’t as ambitious, and the union of its disparate parts holds the seeds of something special. Destiny has the feel of a franchise that won’t flower fully until after the early adopters have moved on — or until a more synthesized sequel arrives. If last week’s sell-in is any indication, Bungie will have every opportunity to remove any bulletproof barrels between where Destiny was on day one and where we want it to be.

LiveWire

I think I'm just going to run through a ton of crucible matches that way I still have a chance to get engrams but I'll also earn marks to buy legendary armor.

I came across that area last night. I saw a bunch of lvl 25/26 guys shooting at something that I couldn't see, and I was like oh let me jump in and help out. Well I jumped in front of the cave and went inside thinking it was going to be a big fight. Almost immediately got a bunch of hate messages on PSN "get the fuck out of here", etc. So I just sat in the cave and danced.

Somnia

Horizon 2 will take a dump on Driveclub. At least I get to play a little bit of Driveclub for free through PS+... oh wait I can do that with Horizion's demo also.

LJ11

I can already tell I don't like all-pro because they would've kept most of those runs in check outside of the ones I manually whiffed on

and deep balls are too much of a gamble without WR control... I really don't understand why that's a rule when you can manually control defensive players in a 1-on-1 situation?

had that perfect play action call early on and the deep man was beat way to the outside, but I just have to sit there and watch the shitty pass that I know is going to get picked

Manually catching is really fun this year too, best since NCAA. This year, more than ever however, 1 on 1 outside you're fucking toast if you manually catch. Off man, I'm grabbing the ball all fucking day.

I hate that big WR's wont make the plays you think they should make, but you can manual catch with any size WR and they will sky rocket to get the ball. Cant they just give some of that to the CPU WR's automatically?

You can try to get the CPU WR to jump up by hitting Y. It works if you time it right, if you don't it's int.

CPU AI responds to user input without clicking on more than ever. When someone plays DL, it seems the rest of the DL sheds really quickly. When someone plays LB, DL may not shed as fast but if the user LB taps Y/R1, the rest of LB core reacts in pass pro, same with DBs. It's kind of annoying.

Need to play more to be honest, feels like the game is pretty deep this year.

Greg

Manually catching is really fun this year too, best since NCAA. This year, more than ever however, 1 on 1 outside you're fucking toast if you manually catch. Off man, I'm grabbing the ball all fucking day.
wouldn't it be fair then to also not allow switching to a defender in man once the deep ball is in the air? unless the person "manually" controlling the defender is blind and can't press triangle, I don't think it's ever a favorable match-up for a CPU-controlled offensive player

in general though, defensive AI is way too responsive to not allow WR corrections. look at that video I posted - I make a good read and throw once I see the defender turn his back, but second the ball leaves the QBs hand he's able to do an immediate 180 break back to the ball
CPU AI responds to user input without clicking on more than ever. When someone plays DL, it seems the rest of the DL sheds really quickly. When someone plays LB, DL may not shed as fast but if the user LB taps Y/R1, the rest of LB core reacts in pass pro, same with DBs. It's kind of annoying.
I noticed that too, but always thought it was just coincidence

when I'm going for strips and huge hits, I noticed the CPU would do the same thing... definitely a downside if you have help behind you on a tackle and you gamble assuming the CPU will go for the sure thing like they normally would

A million times this. User picks are so satisfying this year and I can't even pinpoint why. Maybe because the guy your controlling doesn't completely bailout on int attempts like in last years game.

Top Bottom