• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Madden '25 PS4 CCM Thread: Meet the new gen, same as the old gen

DietRob

i've been begging for over 5 years.
Gg Rob. You had some serious bad luck with the drops. Your defense was stellar, relied on two big plays.

Yep those drops nearly caused me to throw my control. I have such a hard time offensively. I think I've played 4 league games and have only scored once and the game was disconnected by the dude who plays as the vikings. So technically I have zero league points.

Eh, at least I'm good at pool I guess. Waiting for semi finals to start and I'll probably walk out of here up at least 100 from hustling on the side waiting to play my match.

brentech

Man. That game. That comeback. That win!
One for the ages. We had like no vision all game. Cooped up in our base before I had anything other than treads and Vanguard.
Felt so good.

DietRob

i've been begging for over 5 years.
Damn, finished just outside tournament money. Did walk out with 60 bucks from a few $20 games with some scrubs at the pool hall so not a complete bust.

eznark

Banned
Is there a way to set audio output on a per instance basis? Basically I want all game audio to always come out of my headphones, but everything else to come out of my speakers. My headphones are USB if that matters.

Smokey

Is there a way to set audio output on a per instance basis? Basically I want all game audio to always come out of my headphones, but everything else to come out of my speakers. My headphones are USB if that matters.

I don't know of a way to switch automatically.

I have my headphones plugged in and whenever I want to go back and forth between them and the speakers, I have to right click the speaker icon in the task bar, and change the playback to whatever one I want to use at the time.

brentech

Do you guys leave your headphones plugged in?
When I plug mine in, it auto switches to headset. Unplug, auto back to speakers.
When the headphones are plugged in, you just have to go I to audio devices and make them the default playback device.

Sounds like ez wants audio coming from both at same time though? Is that right.

eznark

Banned
No I basically want all game audio to come through the headset by default and everything else to come through the speakers. There has to be some utility that let's you set default audio source based on program right?

Smokey

No I basically want all game audio to come through the headset by default and everything else to come through the speakers. There has to be some utility that let's you set default audio source based on program right?

ohhh

i'm sure there is. never thought of that.

eznark

Banned
Found a program called indie volume that looks like it does exactly what I want. Downloaded the trial. Hopefully I'll have time to play with it later.

brentech

Found a program called indie volume that looks like it does exactly what I want. Downloaded the trial. Hopefully I'll have time to play with it later.
That almost sounds like the current basic Windows mixer. Each application has its own volume control. And it can be controlled between devices as well.

Just click on your volume symbol on task tray and select mixer and make sure that isn't able to do exactly what you want. Reading the description of that indie volume just sounds too much like it.

eznark

Banned
That almost sounds like the current basic Windows mixer. Each application has its own volume control. And it can be controlled between devices as well.

Just click on your volume symbol on task tray and select mixer and make sure that isn't able to do exactly what you want. Reading the description of that indie volume just sounds too much like it.

Problem is you can't select where the audio outputs to on a per application basis in Windows mixer. It's just a per application volume control for the default device.

Week 13

Next vance date: Tuesday @ 4 pm pst

Games:

Packers (Ez) @ Lions (pistolpete)
Raiders (Soka) @ Cowboys (Rob)
Steelers @ Ravens
Broncos @ Chiefs
Titans @ Colts
Jags (CPU) @ Browns (Brent)
Bucs (DM) @ Panthers (jtrizz)
Bears (Bob) @ Vikings (Fierce1289)
Cards (CPU) @ Eagles
Dolphins @ Jets
Falcons @ Bills
Rams @ 49ers
Pats @ Texans
Bengals (Splat) @ Chargers (Nightz)
Giants @ Redskins)
Saints (CPU i guess, the worthy dude has never responded!) @ Seahawks

eznark

Banned
Nope, you can just change the default device, like Smokey does (and I did). Some games (like Dota) allow you to choose in game. Most do not.

This program...is fucking perfect. Exactly what I wanted. A steal for $25...assuming it keeps working as well for the next 14 days.

I need to check if Stardock makes something similar. Seems like the type of utility they'd be all over.

eznark

Banned
The built in speakers on this monitor (and open HDMI slot) convinced me to hook up the PS3 under my desk. This is so fantastic.

Also, there are now essentially flawless drivers to get your DS4 working on the PC. I tested it with Brothers and then when I woke up from the bore induced coma I tested it on Tomb Raider, Rogue Legacy and Rayman. Works perfectly!

brentech

The built in speakers on this monitor (and open HDMI slot) convinced me to hook up the PS3 under my desk. This is so fantastic.
I did the same thing when I got mine. PS3 in the office is great.
Also, there are now essentially flawless drivers to get your DS4 working on the PC. I tested it with Brothers and then when I woke up from the bore induced coma I tested it on Tomb Raider, Rogue Legacy and Rayman. Works perfectly!

Are you using this one?
http://forums.pcsx2.net/Thread-DS4-To-XInput-Wrapper
That's what I've been using the last month or so. Rumble support and all.
Only problem right now is that if you turn it on after other programs are running, it usually won't recognize the DS4. Have to have everything closed and then start it up.
Although I don't have the newest version apparently.

brentech

Yesterday was a pretty awesome day of dota

majestic. the bristle is strong in me.

I was so wanting my radiance that on the final push with Splat and I, I almost decided to take a detour to the SS since I already had the recipe on me. Didn't want to risk it though.
Not sure if it would have slowed us down or made the next few waves of creeps quicker.

I had some serious contemplation going on about it.

eznark

Banned
Gonna try and see if we can get a group together tomorrow at 1 just to see if it's going to suck once the league starts. Daytime Dotes!

majestic. the bristle is strong in me.

I was so wanting my radiance that on the final push with Splat and I, I almost decided to take a detour to the SS since I already had the recipe on me. Didn't want to risk it though.
Not sure if it would have slowed us down or made the next few waves of creeps quicker.

I had some serious contemplation going on about it.

You could've just had the courier go to the SS and pick it up for you.

brentech

i think it was in the process of flying back from somewhere when we started down, and I didn't want to take the time to select it and send it there. should have asked on mumble for someone to send it there so i could just buy and call it though

eznark

Banned
Eastern. We kick off when football kicks off!

Don't be difficult. We all need to work together if we are going to carry AZ.

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
Eastern. We kick off when football kicks off!

Don't be difficult. We all need to work together if we are going to carry AZ.

I might be able to play one around that time. Im gonna be away from dota from Monday to Wednesday so ill have to get as much in as i can tonight and tomorrow.

Nightz

I'm in a solo queue ranked game. Just started drafting and my teammates are arguing already. I should have just taken a nap.

Top Bottom