• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Madden '25 PS4 CCM Thread: Meet the new gen, same as the old gen

BigAT

lets Dotes

iozj3wju5ku1tcisss.gif

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
Is that new Sly game good? i bought it on the PSN sale without actually checking it out.

Mrbob

Email came seconds ago. Finally!

Welcome to the Hearthstone™: Heroes of Warcraft™ closed beta test! We're thrilled to have you join us! In case you missed the original email, we have now flagged your account with access to the Hearthstone beta. Just log in to your Battle.net account to download the game client. You can also click the link below:

tumblr_m7pu48wMFD1rzhjqmo1_500.gif

brentech

Just got a win in solo ranked as Vengeful, while microing a Ursa who was lvl 11 when he quit, with just phase boots and Vanguard. He ended the game level 18.
Was using his extra damage in team fights when I could, otherwise just farming jungle to get us all gold.

Was kind of sloppy and wish I had Vlads on him, but still fun to win like that. Other team so fucking annoyed.

BigAT

Just got a win in solo ranked as Vengeful, while microing a Ursa who was lvl 11 when he quit, with just phase boots and Vanguard. He ended the game level 18.
Was using his extra damage in team fights when I could, otherwise just farming jungle to get us all gold.

Was kind of sloppy and wish I had Vlads on him, but still fun to win like that. Other team so fucking annoyed.

Big deal. It's not impressive unless you manage to win 2 vs. 5, but of course, that's impossible.

Jesse-Pinkman-Crying-Breaking-Bad.gif

TheCrow

Standalone is already out in early access. Not even sure if the mod is being worked on anymore. As someone who was big on DayZ and has the standalone, Rust is far away the better game. Maybe it'll change when crafting is added to dayz.

brentech

i just can't see myself liking rust for some reason. even when i watch DayZ stream, it looks like not much going on, and that seems more exciting.

whatever, just bought them both.

brentech

Carrier Command seems cool and is probably worth it anyway. Arma Tactics suuuuuuuuuuucks

i figured i'd end up playing the 'Take on Helicopters' the most anyways. It looks like it might have that Euro Truck Simulator feel. I played the shit out of that for a few weeks.

time to get to get my cpu opponent of madden in while this downloads. Rust is tiny. already done.

McNei1y

Big deal. It's not impressive unless you manage to win 2 vs. 5, but of course, that's impossible.

Jesse-Pinkman-Crying-Breaking-Bad.gif

lolololol I'm so glad I got to watch that game... and I'm sorry.

This work laptop is actually awesome and can handle a lot of games. My only problem is that I need a mousepad. What's a good make shift mouse pad I can use? When I was playing against bots yesterday, It was a pain scrolling with the keys. My mouse doesn't move as fluid as it should.

brentech

lolololol I'm so glad I got to watch that game... and I'm sorry.

This work laptop is actually awesome and can handle a lot of games. My only problem is that I need a mousepad. What's a good make shift mouse pad I can use? When I was playing against bots yesterday, It was a pain scrolling with the keys. My mouse doesn't move as fluid as it should.
I use the keys to scroll by preference! That way my mouse is always ready to be on someone or drop an aoe ability. None of that edge scroll.

But yea. Usually a magazine or a piece of paper. When on the couch I use a pillow.

Ferny

i just can't see myself liking rust for some reason. even when i watch DayZ stream, it looks like not much going on, and that seems more exciting.

whatever, just bought them both.

The moment you're taking part in a raid or defending your own base from being raided is really when Rust shines most. That and the crafting system is pretty good too.

McNei1y

I use the keys to scroll by preference! That way my mouse is always ready to be on someone or drop an aoe ability. None of that edge scroll.

But yea. Usually a magazine or a piece of paper. When on the couch I use a pillow.

I normally scroll with the keys but when it comes to a fight, I have to keep my left hand on the QWER keys and my right on the mouse to scroll a bit... This is when there's a problem because my mouse doesn't budge and I can't chase the dude. I'll just have to get used to it I guess.

I'm waiting to buy DayZ. Does it have a lot of bugs?

TheCrow

Never thought about using keys to scroll. Been doing ok with edge scroll and using the minimap. But at least key scrolling is better than middle clicking. Thats just crazy.

brentech

I use WASD to scroll.

With my QWER being replaced by QERF, and ZX being my extra keys if certain heroes have them. Items 1-6, putting stuff like TP or non-activeated on 5 and 6 usually. So everything is easily moved/used with left hand, targeting and actual hero movement with the mouse.

McNei1y

Yah I haven't used key scrolling on my cpu. I do what crow does. But I need to change that on this laptop because the mouse sucks. Brentech seems to have a nice setup there.

brentech

its how i've played since my first day. little twerks for other bindings like courier and courier boost controls to manage that better, but the general layout hasn't changed. its a slight deviation from valves built in WASD setup.

I never played Dota 1, so didn't know what the legacy controls were.

eznark

Banned
twerks??

In all honesty, I have no idea how I scroll. I think mainly edge and mini-map but I couldn't tell you. I do remember someone freaking out about the way I was doing it when coaching one of our games though. Can't remember why.

I need to gif that Shadow Shaman death where I just stood there. I thought I was on my way back to base and all of a sudden I was dead by creeps!

McNei1y

I always edge scroll and mini map click. I have been in instances where I wasn't thinking and clicked land rather than the Dire base so instead of going all the way back to the fountain, I moved just an inch and stood still waiting for people to attack me.

TheCrow

Doesn't Shake use that shit? It's madness.
Yep, and think there was one more.
twerks??

In all honesty, I have no idea how I scroll. I think mainly edge and mini-map but I couldn't tell you. I do remember someone freaking out about the way I was doing it when coaching one of our games though. Can't remember why.

I need to gif that Shadow Shaman death where I just stood there. I thought I was on my way back to base and all of a sudden I was dead by creeps!

Maybe it was you. Its something you really don't notice unless you actively start thinking about it. Oh and you move the mini-map to the other side of the screen, on the right. Should help avoid clicking on the dire base by accident.

brentech

lol, that was terrible. u were just standing there, in creeps, one of them with dark seer's ion shell on it.

I was like "dude, move, get out!". dead. thought you lagged out or something.

eznark

Banned
I had clicked back to base and was in the shop menu, completely oblivious. That was a shitty game all around for me. Lots of weird little errors. My head wasn't in it!

TheCrow

I had turned your last game off because i thought it was over after you guys wiped the other team and took rosh. Wasn't a good night for maddengaf dota. :(

Top Bottom