• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Xbox 360 Madden '11 Online Dynasty Thread: Ball & Juice edition

LiveWire

Rams it is then.

AFC East
Bills - ?
Dolphins - eznark
Patriots - Lonestar
Jets - Denog

AFC North
Ravens - Matrix
Steelers - Ram
Bengals - Sanjuro
Browns - ?

AFC South
Titans - storybook
Texans - Smokey
Jaguars - ?
Colts - Luke

AFC West
Chargers - Nightz
Raiders - Rors
Broncos - Crow
Chiefs - daw

NFC East
Giants - Wellie
Eagles - CB
Cowboys - Somnia
Redskins - sable

NFC North
Packers - AT
Vikings - Miguel
Bears - Bob
Lions - goldlion

NFC South
Saints - Birdman
Panthers - GCQ
Bucs - DM
Falcons - DCX

NFC West
49ers - FMT
Seahawks - bluemax
Cardinals - Astro
Rams - LiveWire

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
Matrix said:
Not starting this weekend, forget what FMT said. You have plenty of time to get into game shape.
Why wouldn't we start this week? The fabled patch?

After the final cuts are announced Saturday, EA should be releasing the final rosters and we'll be able to get going. Waiting on the patch would be dumb. It's not like it would magically not integrate itself into games for the league.

Nightz

Wellington said:

After the final cuts are announced Saturday, EA should be releasing the final rosters and we'll be able to get going. Waiting on the patch would be dumb. It's not like it would magically not integrate itself into games for the league.
Rosters for Online Franchise get updated later than the regular roster updates for some reason. The 2nd roster update hit this past weekend, but it hasn't been applied to OF yet. So even if the update hit by this weekend, we'd still have to wait for OF to be updated.

BigAT

Wellington said:

The rosters that get released periodically don't affect the online franchise rosters. If we started today, we would not be able to use the current rosters even if we wanted to. There is a separate, much less frequent update for OF rosters.

Mind numbingly foolish, but that's EA for you.

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
As an aside that may be of interest to both fellow Simbonauts and haters alike, the BS Report with Al Michaels was great. Enough to make me post about it. I was really surprised by how laid back and earnest Michaels was. Makes up for 5% of the Matthew Berry guest appearances.

Rorschach

Michaels is always like that on other people's shows. He's a good interview. Ugh. I don't want to listen to Simmons for the second week in a row, though! Last week's Brady defense force was enough to last me a while.

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
BigAT said:
The rosters that get released periodically don't affect the online franchise rosters. If we started today, we would not be able to use the current rosters even if we wanted to. There is a separate, much less frequent update for OF rosters.

Mind numbingly foolish, but that's EA for you.
If anyone has that Ben avatar with him throwing his hands up twice, this is a great time to post it. I guess it's time to ask Ian via twitter when I get home.

BigAT

SPREADSHEETS!

The innovative new GameFlow play calling system in Madden NFL 11 has been a hit, with 85 percent of players having used the new feature that streamlines play calling and shortens overall game length for a more accessible experience. Says ESPN.com: “GameFlow is a complete game-changer.”

Besides being a worthless statistic because every single mode defaults to GameFlow, the wording is extremely vague. Am I part of the 85% because I forgot to turn it off before my first unranked game online? Or because it's MANDATORY in Online Franchise?

More here.

http://www.pastapadre.com/2010/09/01/early-madden-11-play-statistics

Nightz

DenogginizerOS said:
Does anyone have any idea as to when the OF rosters will be released? Has anyone from EA commented?
I haven't seen any tweets from Ian or Donny Moore about it. They usually tweet a couple of days before the update hits.

eznark

Banned
Just got home from a Lousiville suburb (exactly as fun as it sounds) and teams are open? Sweet, I'll take the Packers.

DenogginizerOS

BenjaminBirdie's Thomas Jefferson
After losing to Wellie, my daughter asks, "Did you win?" Nope. "Did you at least have fun?" Nope. "Then why are you playing?"

Good question.

DCX

DCX
DenogginizerOS said:
After losing to Wellie, my daughter asks, "Did you win?" Nope. "Did you at least have fun?" Nope. "Then why are you playing?"

Good question.
:lol :lol :lol My kids have learned not to watch me play.

DCX

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
DenogginizerOS said:

Good question.

:lol

dskillzhtown

keep your strippers out of my American football
DenogginizerOS said:

Good question.

:lol

I played a ranked random earlier tonight and lost 13-14. Basically the difference in the game was a missed extra point. Actually he won the game on a 70 yard hail mary. The WR was covered, yet Brandom Marshall came down with it.

I was/am so mad. My fiance asked me about the same questions. "Did you win?" "Maybe you shouldn't play online anymore, huh?"

:/

LiveWire

Rorschach said:
You know, Madden Ultimate team wouldn't be such a bad idea if you could play against friends.

Edit: nm, I forgot you can't actually play against who you want, let alone ensure they don't use real money to get ahead in the game.

Typical EA, taking a great idea and squeezing every last drop of blood
money
out of it.

Rorschach

The good thing is that you don't really play against the guys spending tons of imaginary coins, but the bad thing is that there's no punishment for quitting early, so everyone just does that by the second quarter.

LiveWire

I thought the last patch said they fixed the early quitting issue by rewarding points/coins to the team that was ahead before the disconnect?

Rorschach

LiveWire said:
I thought the last patch said they fixed the early quitting issue by rewarding points/coins to the team that was ahead before the disconnect?
If that's true, then the reward is very minimal (like less than 50 because all I got was 50 points and it costs 1000 coins for the shittiest pack)... they should just subtract coins from the other guy and give them to you. :D

BigAT

Has there been an update to fix SableStats for this season? Does it even need to get changed since the website is basically the same?

eznark

Banned
DenogginizerOS said:

Good question.

My wife goes through the same set of questions after every Brewer game.

DenogginizerOS

eznark said:
My wife goes through the same set of questions after every Brewer game.
I feel like the Washington Nationals when I play so I feel ya'.

So, how many of you think EA will actually fix this game?

DCX

DCX
DenogginizerOS said:
I feel like the Washington Nationals when I play so I feel ya'.

So, how many of you think EA will actually fix this game?
It will be fixed by 2012. Reboot. Wellington lead producer.

DCX

Rorschach

Sanjuro Tsubaki said:
How come none of you guys use headsets?
I use it with MiG and in Team Play. Most of these guys refuse to use them because of the large amounts of cursing and controller throwing that goes on. I actually don't like to use it with MiG sometimes because he gets distracted easily. :p

eznark

Banned
Sanjuro Tsubaki said:
How come none of you guys use headsets?
because I think you are creepy.

Just played a random game that pretty much makes me want to never play again. Packers v. Cowboys. Stuff him on first and second every single drive. Third down...Miles Austin streak jump ball for touchdown. No matter what I did it worked. Woodson? Austin still caught it. Harris? Still a touchdown. Sitting a safety exactly where he was going to throw it before he threw it? Still a touchdown. It wasn't even possible to tackle him a couple times. After he scored like this three times I just ran the ball and the clock out.

Retarded.

Also, why does forfeitting give you a DNF? I don't want to finish playing against that fucker but obviously I wouldn't expect him to friendly quit. Why can't I just quit out and not get a leaver for it?? He still wins the fucking game and it's not like I am disconnecting or rage quitting.

DenogginizerOS

eznark said:

Just played a random game that pretty much makes me want to never play again. Packers v. Cowboys. Stuff him on first and second every single drive. Third down...Miles Austin streak jump ball for touchdown. No matter what I did it worked. Woodson? Austin still caught it. Harris? Still a touchdown. Sitting a safety exactly where he was going to throw it before he threw it? Still a touchdown. It wasn't even possible to tackle him a couple times. After he scored like this three times I just ran the ball and the clock out.

Retarded.

Also, why does forfeitting give you a DNF? I don't want to finish playing against that fucker but obviously I wouldn't expect him to friendly quit. Why can't I just quit out and not get a leaver for it?? He still wins the fucking game and it's not like I am disconnecting or rage quitting.
This is the type of stuff that makes me ever so close to collecting the $37 from amazon trade-in and hoping 2012 is better.

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
Rorschach said:
I use it with MiG and in Team Play. Most of these guys refuse to use them because of the large amounts of cursing and controller throwing that goes on. I actually don't like to use it with MiG sometimes because he gets distracted easily. :p
I only use my headset with family and friends, but I wonder if in-game headset talk would actually make some of the rage subside. As it is, you just have all this rage building up all game that is impossible to express until post-game. Leads to lots of interesting posts though :lol

Rorschach

eznark said:

Retarded.

Having someone quit on you gives you a DNF. The system is retarded.

Oh, and games vs randoms are on All-Pro. It's pretty difficult to stop the pass.

AstroLad said:
I only use my headset with family and friends, but I wonder if in-game headset talk would actually make some of the rage subside. As it is, you just have all this rage building up all game that is impossible to express until post-game. Leads to lots of interesting posts though :lol
Yeah, that's probably true. Being able to tell someone "oh, for fuck's sake.. my guy just stood there!" and moving on is probably better than holding that comment in for an hour with 10 other little comments which you're now focused on instead of the game. :lol

eznark

Banned
Rorschach said:
Having someone quit on you gives you a DNF. The system is retarded.

Oh, and games vs randoms are on All-Pro. It's pretty difficult to stop the pass.

Yeah, that's probably true. Being able to tell someone "oh, for fuck's sake.. my guy just stood there!" and moving on is probably better than holding that comment in for an hour with 10 other little comments which you're now focused on instead of the game. :lol

Not "difficult" literally impossible. Spending the time to go through and edit the highlights wasn't worth it, but this shit was beyond broken. I could play dollar, have six guys sitting on the Austin sideline, surrounding him, and he would still end up with the ball.

LiveWire

eznark said:
Not "difficult" literally impossible. Spending the time to go through and edit the highlights wasn't worth it, but this shit was beyond broken. I could play dollar, have six guys sitting on the Austin sideline, surrounding him, and he would still end up with the ball.

This is why I haven't bothered to keep playing my offline Franchise yet. Dez Bryant playing tackle alley with my defenders. smh

Rorschach

I couldn't tackle Antonio Gates or Frank Gore for 95 yards. :lol

It also doesn't help that they do that stupid fucking zoom-in camera whenever they feel like it. I still have guys in the area who are fast enough to catch him, but nooooo the game has to zoom in so I can't see who I'm selecting or get anywhere near the guy with the ball.

I hope DCX trades Turner again this year.
to me!

PBY

Banned
have lj and striker said which teams they want/ if they're playing? because of those remaining I'd be fine with any of them...

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
DenogginizerOS said:
This is the type of stuff that makes me ever so close to collecting the $37 from amazon trade-in and hoping 2012 is better.

Our Club is growing Stronger

eznark

Banned
Ya, by no means am I selling the game. I still enjoy it more often than not. Just now I will never play random online again. Time to start a franchise.

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
way to go eznark you just killed the league.

when does the mini-league with the remaining people start btw? tomorrow?

Top Bottom