• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

One Piece Treasure Cruise |OT| Golden Hammer ---God--- Usopp

You can't evolve units that didn't reach their max lvl.

--------

1 hour till the Nico Robin batch arrives.
I bet I'll get her before Ace. >_>

Bsigg12

Oh ok, I didn't try. In the Evolve screen it's telling me I can evolve Zoro and he's only lvl 23.

If they're lit up it just means you have the required materials to evolve down 1 path or the other. Keep in mind you can swipe to the right with all the Straw Hats for a different path. For Zoro, to get the Asura version you have to do the second of the evolutions otherwise you'll be waiting for them to release Pirate Penguins.

Edit: well I just realized you said he's lvl 23 so you've probably already evolved him once.

Damn...

I got the bad Usopp.
I had all the materials for Hammer Usopp, but was to quick. It didnt even ask me if I am sure and it evolved to the bad one :(

chrono01

@cw_sasuke:

Thank you for putting up your Zeff. ^^
I was finally able to clear Buggy on elite. (you are the only Zeff on my FL haha)
I can put up my Zeff if you want. I've been switching between him and Ace, not sure who to keep up. Probably Zeff to help with Buggy farming.

ah_hia

Tried my luck at gacha for officers. Got fire pearl instead. My luck sucks. Not too mention I already have Base pearl. =p

Yui

Well, no Robin for me, but I'm still happy with what I got.

- Choo: (the fishmen shooter guy) Useless I guess.

- Usopp: I don't wan't you anymore, go away! Q_Q

- Vivi: Yay, didn't have her yet.

- Enraged Arlong: This will make things sooooo much easier!

- Miss Valentine: A usefull addition to my fighter team, at least for now.

- Mr.3 Iron Wax: Nice Addition to my INT and slasher team.

I can put up my Zeff if you want. I've been switching between him and Ace, not sure who to keep up. Probably Zeff to help with Buggy farming.

Thank you, but maybe someone needs your Ace so just put up whatever you want. ^^

chrono01

Since many people [myself included] are becoming heavily-invested in this game, I thought it'd be wise to re-state the method of backing up/saving your account just in case the game data is corrupted due to an error in updating or if you lose your phone.

To backup:

- Go to "Others".
- Select "Change Device" and then "Issue Password".
- You'll be given a temporary password that's good for seven days. After that it will no longer be valid, so you'll need to backup your account each week by issuing yourself a new password.

To restore your account if data is lost/corrupted:

- On the main start screen, choose "Support".
- Select "Change Device".
- Enter your User ID as well as the issued temporary/seven-day password.

I was also thinking this might be worth adding to the OP. I wouldn't want any of us to experience the loss of our account. :(

Uthred

Definitely upgrade you maximum unit space above 20. I'm at 65 now, and I'm thinking I might even go further than that. At least go for 50, that should allow you a nice variety of units as well as XP/evolve fodder.

I pushed mine to 100 in the end I think, just so I dont have to worry about it for some considerable time

My remaining two tries gave me Miss Valentine twice. -_-

Exact same thing happened to me, now I hate that bitch! ;)

Really wanted Robin but no such look, blew pretty much all the free fruit I had got:

Buggy Unevolved (Ugh)
Don Kreig (Unevolved)
Mr 3 (Not bad)
Miss Valentine (Hmm)
Miss Valentine (Bollocks)

I've never done a mobile game microtransaction. I was considering it. But the prices are pretty freaking high for these. Pretty much a dollar per fruit? When you need five to recruit? So like $5 for a large chance to get a luffy or something? Crazy. I was thinking something like a quarter per fruit. I dunno.

I've never done a mobile game microtransaction. I was considering it. But the prices are pretty freaking high for these. Pretty much a dollar per fruit? When you need five to recruit? So like $5 for a large chance to get a luffy or something? Crazy. I was thinking something like a quarter per fruit. I dunno.

You actually can get the fruits pretty easily by just playing the game.

Bsigg12

Got 2 Mr. 5s, 1 base and 1 evolved and Kuroobi. When I saw the gold wanted poster I got my hopes up that it was Robin. Welp, onto getting more fruits.

Kyou

I got Silver Alvida, Kuroobi, and Gold Don Krieg

Don Krieg is cool but the other two are boo. I thought it was going to be Baroque only as an event?

Rurunaki

How so? The only way I can see to earn them in-game is by doing the 20 stage mission, which has me doing one damage a hit to Smoker and he one shots me, making it out of the option.

I think the 20 stage (no stamina) mission is just a 1 time fruit thing. Plus yeah, I can't get past Smoker.

Om3ga

they are pretty generous with fruits. I got about 50 so far for just playing the game. The only time you should ever consider buying gems is when they are on sale or when you are guaranteed a character for spending gems.

The only time I ever bought gems in a game like this is the prosperity pack in Brave Frontier. 35 gems for $4 seemed like a good deal. If they offer something like that for this game I'lI buy that too to support the devs.

chrono01

To all of those pulling for the new units, keep in mind that this isn't a "rate-up". It's just a promotion where the new units are added, and the pool contains both the new/Baroque Works ones as well as the previous units.

If you're serious about getting the most use out of your Rainbow Gems, it might be worth waiting until we get a proper event/rate-up.

Rixa

To all of those pulling for the new units, keep in mind that this isn't a "rate-up". It's just a promotion where the new units are added, and the pool contains both the new/Baroque Works ones as well as the previous units.

If you're serious about getting the most use out of your Rainbow Gems, it might be worth waiting until we get a proper event/rate-up.

Basically for F2P best way is to upgrade your slots to as high as possible and keep few gems for pulls (like 10 gems to 2 pulls when rate up)?
Atleast Iam getting so many units that its good to have room.

Plus getting those materials, when you quite dont know for whom they are you dont need to sell them in order to get room.

I do have these exp / evolve units and my question is when to use them?

OPTCCrew2.PNG

OPTCCrew.PNG
I havent used Black Turtle yet since I dont have right colour unit and Iam getting less exp.
When I get far enough in story, my target is to grind Zeff. Iam now at Syrup Village (Chapter 9)

Did I get right that on weekends its best to farm gold?

Rurunaki

Basically for F2P best way is to upgrade your slots to as high as possible and keep few gems for pulls (like 10 gems to 2 pulls when rate up)?

Plus getting those materials, when you quite dont know for whom they are you dont need to sell them in order to get room.

I havent used Black Turtle yet since I dont have right colour unit and Iam getting less exp.
When I get far enough in story, my target is to grind Zeff. Iam now at Syrup Village (Chapter 9)

Focus on getting your Pirate Level high.. More Stamina means more time to farm.. Considering the special events ranges from 10 - 20 stamina up to 40 stamina per doing.

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
1 Million Downloads Celebration - we will be getting free gems/devil fruits for the next 2 weeks. Nice !!

This.

Also people might consider saving their Gems for the tougher event Islands we will be getting. You might waste 5 gems on a random roll now that you could use to revive/refill for fighst against Miihawk, Dofla, Garp and co. which can grant you some of the best units and leader in the games, with a more calculated outcome.

@cw_sasuke:

I was finally able to clear Buggy on elite. (you are the only Zeff on my FL haha)

Great to hear - Zeff/Usopp are also the both unit i need to succeed on Buggy Elite otherwise its just too tough against Buggy at the end.

RalchAC

@cw_sasuke:

I have Zeff as my leader, so if we're buddies it should show up on your list from time to time. If not, I don't know what we're waiting for! I'll check the friend list.

I think the 20 stage (no stamina) mission is just a 1 time fruit thing. Plus yeah, I can't get past Smoker.

The 20 stage thing is to test your skills. If you're able to finish that area it means you're probably prepared to do Elite Buggie. Which I've been doing non-stop for a few days without problems. Feels good to see those turtles dropping.

Plus getting those materials, when you quite dont know for whom they are you dont need to sell them in order to get room./QUOTE]

I have like 80 units in my box and I think I'll upgrade to 100 next week.

The problem is that when you've played for a while and have a bunch of characters, you'll need to start saving evolving materials (crabs, shells, penguins, seahorses, dragons) and you'll need to save fodder dudes until you get 5 of the same type in order to level up faster. I think you could use the gacha 2 times or so in order to get a decent party since the first few levels (it's what I did) but after that you should focus on improving your box until you have at least 60 slots.

What's your ID BTW?

Evolve units whenever you can. Outside Ussop (you should evolve its first form using a crab and keep him in that form) you'd like the other characters to be as evolved as posible.

About the evolution you should choose, there are different opinions in this thread. The one that needs a crab (3 mats) needs like x2.5 the amount of exp the crab-less one needs. But the crab-less one needs a character that isn't available yet and doesn't drop in the Penguin Extra Island.

I'd say with a decent party you can finish everything in the story (outside those 2 Arlongs) so you could do more story stuff (and get some extra gems, fodder to level up your characters...) and then start the Zeff farming when you're overleveled for the stage.

Yep. Extra island has Gold on weekeneds. I think it works like this:

Monday: Nothing
Tuesday: Seahorses
Wednesday: Penguins
Thurday: Dragons (they have 500 Attack and 500 HP, they may be useful to your team until you have a good team)
Friday: Shells + Crabs
Saturday and Sunday: Gold

1 Million Downloads Celebration - we will be getting free gems/devil fruits for the next 2 weeks. Nice !!

Man, the Gem gifting will never end. Each time I think it's over they give me an excuse. It's really cool that once every few days they give you 3 gems.

I think this could be the first F2P where I spend some money. I like the game a lot and I'm having fun with it, so why not? Do we know if Japan has had sales on Gems?

Also people might consider saving their Gems for the tougher event Islands we will be getting. You might waste 5 gems on a random roll now that you could use to revive/refill for fighst against Miihawk, Dofla, Garp and co. which can grant you some of the best units and leader in the games, with a more calculated outcome.

Mihawk is the first one and should drop in Kriegs special island, right?

Great to hear - Zeff/Usopp are also the both unit i need to succeed on Buggy Elite otherwise its just too tough against Buggy at the end.

You already have Zeff as your leader, right? I've been using him (along mine)

If you need me to put Ussop on the leader role or something tell me.

Rixa

I have Zeff as my leader, so if we're buddies it should show up on your list from time to time. If not, I don't know what we're waiting for! I'll check the friend list.

What's your ID BTW?

My ID is 323,446,480 / Foxtail cats

I have a Portgas D. Ace as leader lvl 18 and my pirate level at the moment is 21.
My slot size is 80 (at the moment I do have 5 gems as reserve).

cw_sasuke

I just realized that the Friend Invite Information you see isnt up 2 date :-/
For example if someone invites you right at the beginning before changing his name it wont show up in your Friend Approval screen. Same for used leader or Pirate-Level.

They should fix it since it makes it more difficult figuring out who to add or even figuring out which user it is.

Mihawk is the first one and should drop in Kriegs special island, right?
The bigger 40/60 stamina events have all their own 24 hours Islands in Japan but i think Mihawk is indeed the first one.
You already have Zeff as your leader, right? I've been using him (along mine)

If you need me to put Ussop on the leader role or something tell me.

I have Zeff but thanks - what i meant was Zeff Leaders and Usopp as a sub. Without both of these units Buggy Elite would be trouble for me xD

RalchAC

The bigger 40/60 stamina events have all their own 24 hours Islands in Japan but i think Mihawk is indeed the first one.

60 stamina is a lot, I'm at level 41 and I have 40 stamina (you get 1 point every two levles). People would need to be around level 80 to be able to enter those 60 EXP islands

I have Zeff but thanks - what i meant was Zeff Leaders and Usopp as a sub. Without both of these units Buggy Elite would be trouble for me xD

Yeah, same here. Without double Zeff + Ussop I dunno if I'd be able to clean it.

My ID is 323,446,480 / Foxtail cats

I have a Portgas D. Ace as leader lvl 18 and my pirate level at the moment is 21.
My slot size is 80 (at the moment I do have 5 gems as reserve).

Will look for your ID.

cw_sasuke

60 stamina is a lot, I'm at level 41 and I have 40 stamina (you get 1 point every two levles). People would need to be around level 80 to be able to enter those 60 EXP islands

Well they are the toughest challenges the game has to offer...so yeah if you dont even have enough Stamina you probably shouldnt be able to try them anyway.

HawthorneKitty

Sgt. 2nd Class in the Creep Battalion, Waifu Wars
Should I be using the purple turtles on Zoro/Sanji since I can get them to last job now?
I was gonna pump them all into Nami on Thursday, but now I'm not sure.

cw_sasuke

Should I be using the purple turtles on Zoro/Sanji since I can get them to last job now?
I was gonna pump them all into Nami on Thursday, but now I'm not sure.

It depends on which you need most, but in general its always better to focus on evolving units asap because the stat increase.

Woke up this morning and pulled Robin... Praise Usopp!

Woah awesome.....congrats.

Now you have to work on a Knowledge team if you arent already at it. Buggy Leader + Robin Boost...so good :)

The game doesn't refresh the friend list like it should. Quit to the title screen and then log back in and everything should be refreshed.

I know, it's a bother.

That or everyone on his friend list removed him to save space on their friend list. It can happen if he's using a niche or/and underleveled captain. Heck even my Vivi didin't get any non-GAF friend requests in ages.

RalchAC

Nice way to start the day!

That level 70 cap though. :O Gave him a ton of fodder and a blue big turtle and got him to 31.

Did you give him whatever color you have available for fodder? Doing Elite Buggy only grants me Cabajis and Purple Fodder.

chrono01

That or everyone on his friend list removed him to save space on their friend list. It can happen if he's using a niche or/and underleveled captain. Heck even my Vivi didin't get any non-GAF friend requests in ages.
It's possible.

I'm not removing any GAF members on my list though, unless they haven't logged on for a week and I have a few requests from other GAF members pending. It doesn't matter what leader they have.

LogicStep

Did you give him whatever color you have available for fodder? Doing Elite Buggy only grants me Cabajis and Purple Fodder.
Well I asked about that before but didn't get an answer so I'm only feeding the same color. I had saved like 50 blue guys for when I got Kuro.

RalchAC

The most requested captain right now are probably Arlong / Zeff for dual Arlong and dual Zeff parties, probably. You can beast through the stages with those setups.

It's possible.

I'm not removing any GAF members on my list though, unless they haven't logged on for a week and I have a few requests from other GAF members pending. It doesn't matter what leader they have.

I've removed many of my Luffy friends because damn, there were too many. Or people that hasn't played in 5 days or so.

It'd be better if everybody had a GAF / @GAF or something like that in their name TBH.

Majukun

Any idea when the pirate penguins are releasing? My luffy is already maxed out but I need one of those for the g2 version

Rixa

The most requested captain right now are probably Arlong / Zeff for dual Arlong and dual Zeff parties, probably. You can beast through the stages with those setups.

I've removed many of my Luffy friends because damn, there were too many. Or people that hasn't played in 5 days or so.

It'd be better if everybody had a GAF / @GAF or something like that in their name TBH.

I agree.

I always check the GAF Google doc before I remove anyone, but having @GAF [or any mention of GAF in there, honestly] definitely makes it easier.

BRB, adding @GAF.
Now my ID is 323,446,480 / Foxtail cats @GAF

I did waste 5 gems (slot max now 90) as I felt I could toss them for rare pull. And got rare (which I might get from Island, but so far havent) Buggy.

Shall I boost him to max level and then evolve (I do have Sea Colt & Black Robber Penguin, I need Black shell) and after that use Black Elder Turtle for him?

Yeah those two and Asura Zoro. Half of my friend list is using enraged Arlong. :lol

Vivi is still the best captain though. :p

kubus

Fuck you game, I didn't save up my gems for today's update so I could get a freaking Fire Pearl (third time) and a crappy Arlong when I already have Enraged Arlong as captain.

I never expected to get Robin, but this.... This is just brutal ;_;

Top Bottom