• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

One Piece Treasure Cruise |OT| Golden Hammer ---God--- Usopp

Just so I have an idea about the odds in this game, how much effort does it generally take to farm/find a relatively rare unit? (e.g. a named character or a story arc end boss)

I'm reaching the later half or arlong park atm, but haven't put much serious effort into trying to farm for units yet, so I'm curious.

chrono01

Same. It's all about getting used to your units and the timing of their attacks. Switching in someone different, such as Arlong, can really mess with things if you're not comfortable with them. I think I've, more-or-less, gotten used to him though. I can even switch between targets between attacks [if I need to] to better utilize an enemy's weakness. I can one-shot the crab on Elite Buggy if I get a QCK Orb with Ace and use him in the last string of my combo. It definitely helps speed things along.

But yes, if you're farming Elite Buggy now there really isn't anything else left to do. Don't give up yet, however. Keep up the farming, since the level gives decent XP and it's a benefit to increase your Pirate Level so you can gain more Stamina as well as Unit Cost. Not only that, but with other upcoming events, you'll want your units to be as high a level as they can be, so the XP turtles in Elite Buggy will give you that added benefit.

I only wish Cola dropped more frequently. I've already failed three times on my Going Merry. That's 17 wasted Cola. :(

In-regard to the percentage of boss drops, it's pretty low. Maybe 5%? Possibly even lower than that. It's worth it for some [such as Zeff] who doesn't currently have their own event island, but for others [such as Arlong/Kuro/Alvida/etc.] I'm waiting until their respective events [unless I have nothing else to spend my Stamina on].

I just pulled and I got Tashigi. What a waste.

Edit: second pull gave me 4* Bon Clay. Super happy with him, my PSY team is pretty decent now.

FatalT

Banned
Could anyone tell me how many islands there are so far? I can catalog the one I'm up to:

I'm on Chapter 4 of Barate right now at Pirate Level 16.

I don't really have any good characters. I'm using a level 11 Mr. 5 right now as a Captain since he has the STR characters do 2.0x damage and using all STR people in my team. It's working out pretty well unless I run into a QCK character, haha.

EDIT: I'm pretty angry with myself though because the first time I started, I had gotten a pretty good Arlong and a Hachi but then deleted it thinking I wouldn't get into these games. I tried some of the other ones like PvD but didn't like the match-3 gameplay and came back to this only to get crappy rolls. It takes way too long to re-roll so I didn't have the patience to sit through all that.

EDIT 2: Derp, I didn't realize all that stage information and things like that were in the OP, just hidden. :p

garath

So yeah. For the heck of it I deleted the game and tried again. Rolled two 3* units lol. I used my password to get miss valentine and ace back and I'm sticking with them.

FatalT

Banned
I added my name to the Google Doc and then my OCD got the better of me so I fixed the formatting of the table. Derp. I also went through the list and added everyone that didn't have a full friends list so yay for that! I'm Fatallica@GAF.

tadabola

FML.. I can't get past Smoker on that No Stamina Island.. It's like you need blind luck to kill him..

I had an arlong team (with an arlong friend, so 4x attack bonus), get all perfects (or one or two greats, to build the multiplier) and the last hit will break the defense of him, getting an third of his life (for me). do that 3 turns and went past him.

Zhengi

Just started a new game and rerolled quite a few times.

I have two ultra rare cards: Don Krieg and Miss All Sunday.

Should I keep them or try to reroll again?

Limit

How important is your time to you?

I personally wouldn't recommend rerolling in this game at all. Not at this point anyways. Most characters in rare gatcha are farmable. So all the time spending rerolling could instead be spent trying to level up while farming them. You get some great characters just by progressing through the storyline and there is nothing out in terms of content that necessitates having some super special rare gatcha character in your team. Just start up the game and get to playing and farming.

Zhengi

I personally wouldn't recommend rerolling in this game at all. Not at this point anyways. Most characters in rare gatcha are farmable. So all the time spending rerolling could instead be spent trying to level up while farming them. You get some great characters just by progressing through the storyline and there is nothing out in terms of content that necessitates having some super special rare gatcha character in your team. Just start up the game and get to playing and farming.

Okay, I'm going to keep the two cards. Thanks. The game looks interesting so far.

I completely disagree with this advice, but thankfully you pulled a couple of great units anyway. You'll be able to make an awesome INT team, especially as the game progresses.

It took ages but I finally did it. Got myself an Asura Zoro, upgraded from the base one. A shame there really aren't any other good dex characters right now.

Edit: Oh my god. Level 1 and already he just... he just wrecked shop.

Bsigg12

It took ages but I finally did it. Got myself an Asura Zoro, upgraded from the base one. A shame there really aren't any other good dex characters right now.

Edit: Oh my god. Level 1 and already he just... he just wrecked shop.

How were you grinding exp for him? Big turtles? I have him up to level 34 and have the materials required for the Asura evolution but it's taking forever to get him leveled up.

How were you grinding exp for him? Big turtles? I have him up to level 34 and have the materials required for the Asura evolution but it's taking forever to get him leveled up.

Big turtles, yep. I've found that I would get about three drops on average per Elite Buggy stage. But they were always level 10 or a turtle, and the turtles dropped something pretty much every time. I think I got a cola once but yeah.

The last few levels take like 15-20k exp. per level. It's awful. So when you bag a turtle worth 15k... it's pretty nice.

Personally my only obstacle was that I couldn't beat the level unless I had a friend I could use with an Enraged Arlong. Really needed that consistent DPS to pull out a guaranteed win.

Bsigg12

Big turtles, yep. I've found that I would get about three drops on average per Elite Buggy stage. But they were always level 10 or a turtle, and the turtles dropped something pretty much every time. I think I got a cola once but yeah.

The last few levels take like 15-20k exp. per level. It's awful. So when you bag a turtle worth 15k... it's pretty nice.

Personally my only obstacle was that I couldn't beat the level unless I had a friend I could use with an Enraged Arlong. Really needed that consistent DPS to pull out a guaranteed win.

Yea I was doing the Buggy Elite turtle grinding for my Don Kreig to boost his level since you get the same color bonus but never thought to do it for the 15k. I'm in the same boat though which requires me to get an Arlong because those bigger guys half way through that always have a 2-3 turn til attack absolutely ruin me, but everything else is pretty simple.

Yea I was doing the Buggy Elite turtle grinding for my Don Kreig to boost his level since you get the same color bonus but never thought to do it for the 15k. I'm in the same boat though which requires me to get an Arlong because those bigger guys half way through that always have a 2-3 turn til attack absolutely ruin me, but everything else is pretty simple.

Do you have a God Usopp? Without the God Usopp/Arlong combo I wouldn't stand a chance! Though now I suppose my Asura is competent enough to contribute as well.

Also... I too use a Don Krieg! He's my "get the fluff out of here you stupid crabs" guy.

Bsigg12

Do you have a God Usopp? Without the God Usopp/Arlong combo I wouldn't stand a chance! Though now I suppose my Asura is competent enough to contribute as well.

Also... I too use a Don Krieg! He's my "get the fluff out of here you stupid crabs" guy.

I do have a God Usopp. He makes Buggy manageable at the end. Once I finally get Asura Zoro I'll be pretty happy moving forward until the next island opens up. I believe it's Loguetown next?

Rurunaki

The team I use for Elite Buggy Farming is:

Friend Captain: Asura Zoro or Shanks
Captain: Smoker (damage reduction)
Luffy
Phoenix Pound Zoro
10 Pound Ussop
Buggy

Just go through the level normally and when I arrive at 06/07 witht he 1 hit ko guy.. I kill the guy first then the one in the back leaving the crab.. I then use this time to build up my special in preparation for the buggy fight. Once I get to Buggy, I use Shanks/Zoro Special + My Zoro special to clear thrash mob and then proceed the beat down on Buggy.

Bsigg12

You'd believe correct! Here's hoping the Loguetown Smoker (I'm assuming he's the boss, anyways) isn't a fractions as tough as the '20 rounds' Smoker... because that one one shots me. And I can't damage him. T.T

Yea, I really want an evolved Smoker, hopefully he's a farmable unit there. I figure Tashigi would be too, though I don't expect much out of her.

Luffy
Phoenix Pound Zoro
10 Pound Ussop
Buggy
I'm similar. I've been using...

Friend: Enraged Arlong
Captain: Bazooka Luffy (1.5x attack for Arlong)
108 Pound Zoro
God Usopp
MH5 Don Krieg
Evolved Kuro

So half similar at least.
Just go through the level normally and when I arrive at 06/07 witht he 1 hit ko guy.. I kill the guy first then the one in the back leaving the crab.. I then use this time to build up my special in preparation for the buggy fight. Once I get to Buggy, I use Shanks/Zoro Special + My Zoro special to clear thrash mob and then proceed the beat down on Buggy.
That's generally my strategy. Unless I managed to get some sweet orbs and don't want to use them until then next phase. Then I'll use Krieg to just insta-kill the crab and the 1HKO guy. To the boss fight, insta-God-Usopp, then use Zoro and Kuro's abilities to get each enemy down to below half health. Arlong basically kills one enemy per hit at that point and so sometimes I can even kill Buggy before he attacks once- not having taken a single attack that entire round.

Pretty sweet.

Yea, I really want an evolved Smoker, hopefully he's a farmable unit there. I figure Tashigi would be too, though I don't expect much out of her.

Smoker is farmable there from what I've read. I'd like to have him- apparently he's a Godsend in later areas. Not to mention he'd go great with Asura. As for Tashigi... well, she's a slasher. Evolved form starts with 222 recovery. So I guess she's got that going for her.

Rurunaki

Smoker is farmable there from what I've read. I'd like to have him- apparently he's a Godsend in later areas. Not to mention he'd go great with Asura. As for Tashigi... well, she's a slasher. Evolved form starts with 222 recovery. So I guess she's got that going for her.

Tashigi would've been good if it weren't for the Baroque Works early release.. Slasher team now is basically:

Captain Arlong - Power Color
Zoro - Dex Color
Kuro - QCK Color
Shanks - PSY Color
Mr 3. - INT Color

Although she can still find herself in an Ace QCK team for the time being.

Luffy
Phoenix Pound Zoro
10 Pound Ussop
Buggy

for elite buggy i use

vivi captain (to heal)
guest captain - asura zoro for his special that damages all enemies
2nd evolution sanji to cut def in half with his special
god usopp to make the enemies have 3 extra waiting turns
bazooka luffy
2nd evolution zoro aswell

Tashigi would've been good if it weren't for the Baroque Works early release.. Slasher team now is basically:

Captain Arlong - Power Color
Zoro - Dex Color
Kuro - QCK Color
Shanks - PSY Color
Mr 3. - INT Color

Although she can still find herself in an Ace QCK team for the time being.

You know, normally getting a duplicate character is crummy. But it'd be hilarious if there was a team of 6 Asuras. Just imagine- 84397437348573847 health. Double attack for all. My goodness.

Impractical? Yes? Worth it? No. But hilarious? Indeed so.

Edit: Though it makes me wonder... I've never tried it. I wonder if you even can have duplicate characters, friend captain aside. Thinking on it more it would be kind of silly for a team of 6 Arlongs... yeah I'm betting it won't let you equip more than one.

Rurunaki

You know, normally getting a duplicate character is crummy. But it'd be hilarious if there was a team of 6 Asuras. Just imagine- 84397437348573847 health. Double attack for all. My goodness.

Impractical? Yes? Worth it? No. But hilarious? Indeed so.

Edit: Though it makes me wonder... I've never tried it. I wonder if you even can have duplicate characters, friend captain aside. Thinking on it more it would be kind of silly for a team of 6 Arlongs... yeah I'm betting it won't let you equip more than one.

I'm more interested in a 1 turn = 1 kill team personally. Which is why I'm desperate to get Nico Robin. I already posted it by I'll post it again.

Friend: Buggy The Clown (2x damage for INT)
Captain: Buggy The Clown (2x damage for INT)

Midde row: Chopper Brain Point (makes food for top bottom and back middle row)
Bottom: Nami Thunderbolt/Don Krieg
Back Middle: Nico Robin (1 turn 2x damage to all INT special)
Bottom Back: Ussop or Nami/Krieg

Combo would be Chopper making food for Buggy/Nami/Nico. Buggy converts food to INT orb. Nico Robin adds 2x damage for 1 turn. That's 9.25x Damage (with fully upgraded Going Merry) for 1 turn.

chrono01

For Elite Buggy, I go with:

Leader: Zeff - Level 37

Subs:

Portgas D. Ace - Level 59
Luffy [Gum-Gum Bazooka] - Level 30
Sanji [Grilled-Stone Stew] - Level 30
Usopp [Golden Pound] - Level 28

Friend: Zeff

I can essentially burn right through stages 1-5. I'll stall a bit on Stage 3 [Turtles], just so I know for sure that Usopp's Special Ability will be available for the final stage.

For the sixth floor [crossbow enemy] I'll attack with each of my units, letting them complete the attack animation but not combo'ing them. This kills him with my fifth attacker [on the second turn], allowing the sixth to combo and [usually] one-shot the gunman. After that, it's wearing down the crab, which I can kill outright if I combo and finish with a matching orb on my Ace/Zeff.

For the seventh/final stage, I use Usopp's Special Ability at the start, target all of the lesser enemies [leaving the two cannon enemies as second/third last], and then focus on Buggy. I usually kill him all of them before they even get a single attack in.

Zeff really simplifies the entire thing. It's kind of funny how I started this event having to burn a few Rainbow Gems [much to my shame, not sure why I did that :/] and now I can just relax through it all.

Majukun

Finally evolved my sanji. Meanwhile my cabaji upgraded his skill after the nth clone I fed to him.. Too bad I don't use slashes... Maybe after the arlong event

Rixa

I got another Buggy (this time from island). My first one is at 32 level, for some reason this seems to be my first unit to evolve, when ever I manage to capture Black Shell :p.

Do I need to keep that level 1 Buggy or is it just fodder for something (sell like 50 or use some exp), is it better to level it with trash mobs and then use to my 32 level Buggy?

chrono01

I got another Buggy (this time from island). My first one is at 32 level, for some reason this seems to be my first unit to evolve, when ever I manage to capture Black Shell :p.

Do I need to keep that level 1 Buggy or is it just fodder for something (sell like 50 or use some exp), is it better to level it with trash mobs and then use to my 32 level Buggy?
If you get a duplicate of a unit, it's best to feed it to the original for the increased "same character" XP it'll give them, as well as a possible chance to increase their skill.

RalchAC

Ouch....hitting perfect with Arlong is tough - especially for someone like me who doesnt play with him regularly, thanks god he has so much attack power that it doesnt really matter xD

Yeah, it's a beast even if you Miss the attack, but if you are using it as a friend unit (and yo don't have one) it's really bad. Evolved Krieg is up there too.

Finally upgraded Going Merry to the point of giving me bonus attack percent. Huzzah!

Man, I've missed the level 4 upgrade like 3 times in a row.

Just so I have an idea about the odds in this game, how much effort does it generally take to farm/find a relatively rare unit? (e.g. a named character or a story arc end boss)

I'm reaching the later half or arlong park atm, but haven't put much serious effort into trying to farm for units yet, so I'm curious.

I needed >30 tries to farm Zeff. So I'd say it's pretty hard. Still, there aren't many units that are worth farming right now (most will get a special island with higher drop chance)

I wish I got Tashigi, she one of the best units for quick teams.

IMO her skill is better than Kuro's.

Uthred

Is the last Arlong stage the best one to farm him on? Pity its so long, makes it a chore (taking a break from not getting Zeff for the moment)

Rixa

If you get a duplicate of a unit, it's best to feed it to the original for the increased "same character" XP it'll give them, as well as a possible chance to increase their skill.

Oo grat. Foger that skill increase change. Thank you, Buggy is going to be bugged at somepoint.

chrono01

Oo grat. Foger that skill increase change. Thank you, Buggy is going to be bugged at somepoint.
Yep!

It's just chance though, so there's no guarantee.

Also sometimes, when evolving your unit, their skill changes which causes the skill level to reset back to 1, but thankfully Buggy's evolved form has the exact same skill so the level is retained after evolution.

pLow7

I have no Ideaa what to do and who to play.

Anyone might help build a Team with this?

Ruffy,Zorro,Normal Chopper,Alvida,Smoker,Buggy

I've got 10 gems, don't want to waste them.

Been playing this for about a week and damn, it's addicting. First pull was Tashigi; couldn't be bothered to reroll so I just rolled with it. Finished Arlong Park and now I'm just farming for Zeff.

Is the last Arlong stage the best one to farm him on? Pity its so long, makes it a chore (taking a break from not getting Zeff for the moment)

I prefer Ch14 (2nd to last). Costs less stamina and you don't have to deal with Hachi and Kuroobi. Having an Alvida or Arlong friend helps.

Rixa

Yep!

It's just chance though, so there's no guarantee.

Also sometimes, when evolving your unit, their skill changes which causes the skill level to reset back to 1, but thankfully Buggy's evolved form has the exact same skill so the level is retained after evolution.

Also now that I finished Barratie, I did get Sanji, which I need to level so he can be good add to my Ace team :). Arlong Park, here I come.

Are Dragons (Veteran) harder than Buggy island Veteran? Seems that I could get gems for finishing those dragons (for the first time).

chrono01

Also now that I finished Barratie, I did get Sanji, which I need to level so he can be good add to my Ace team :). Arlong Park, here I come.

Are Dragons (Veteran) harder than Buggy island Veteran? Seems that I could get gems for finishing those dragons (for the first time).
Nope, I cleared all of the dragon dailies the first time I encountered them, and my team wasn't at a high-level or anything.

You should be fine.

Seems that Sanji is a let down :eek: in those new pulls.

Just wait for his ultimate form. :p

c0436.jpg

bjork

Next gatcha update for the English version will be Straw-Hat Pirates [Version II] and contain many incredible units.

http://op-tc-eng-version.blogspot.ca/p/batch-review-straw-hat-pirates-v2.html

It's going to make waiting for Boa Hancock even more difficult. I might have to try a few recruitment, we'll see.

Towel Nami. <3

I wonder how far off this is, it almost seems a shame to invest any more time into the current SHs if you can just pull one that instantly trumps them.

What do you guys think of Buggy? I've had him in my team for some time since he's an okay slasher and easy to get, but I really don't get his ability (turns food slots to knowledge slots). I never even use it. I'll soon be able to evolve him but I don't know if it's worth it.

Also those upcoming Zoro's and Luffy look awesome.

bjork

What do you guys think of Buggy? I've had him in my team for some time since he's an okay slasher and easy to get, but I really don't get his ability (turns food slots to knowledge slots). I never even use it. I'll soon be able to evolve him but I don't know if it's worth it.

Also those upcoming Zoro's and Luffy look awesome.

The blog everyone's using as the guide for this says that Buggy and the Brain Point Chopper are a good team because that Chopper can turn slots to food, then Buggy can turn them purple. Maybe not super helpful in general, but if you had an all-purple team or were on an island of predominantly yellow enemies, I can see it being useful.

Top Bottom