• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

One Piece Treasure Cruise |OT| Golden Hammer ---God--- Usopp

RalchAC

Does Django not drop from Hina's Island? Every time I face him and he drops something, all I end up with is a skillbook. I need him so that I can actually use these books, >_>.

I think I've seen him drop 3 or 4 times. It's definitely not the norm, but sometimes it happens.

The fact that I already had 2 Djangos before the event started is probably the reason why I'm getting new ones. If I needed the character it won't drop :p

Fed 4 new Hinas to my Hina and got 1 skill up. I don't know if I'd be able to get her special to the skill level I want before the event ends... The other units I wanted to level up (Mr2, PSY Django and Fullbody) are at a quite good level. Full Body is at 6 turns CD which is good enough for me.

Just a reminder that the final "special" Turtle Event starts today [and then, as normal, on Monday]. Check this website to find your respective times.

http://cyung.github.io/optc/event.html

Best of luck to you all. Save those turtles for Coby V2!

This back to back TT is throwing off my math for stamina refills. With 12 hours between the turtle time on Sunday night and the first time on Monday means that everyone will be short 3 stamina to being able to do 5 runs on Monday without a refill. Curse you Bandai!

Wazzy

Banned
Just a reminder that the final "special" Turtle Event starts today [and then, as normal, on Monday]. Check this website to find your respective times.

http://cyung.github.io/optc/event.html

Best of luck to you all. Save those turtles for Coby V2!
Sweet thanks! Mines in 30 minutes. I now need to decide which Quick characters are getting the boost. xD probably Killer.
Does Django not drop from Hina's Island? Every time I face him and he drops something, all I end up with is a skillbook. I need him so that I can actually use these books, >_>.

He does but it's not every time.

pelicansurf

Needs a Holiday on Gallifrey
Ended up getting 10 elders and 30 teens in my first turtle time. Got killer up to level 75 and Diamond Jozu to 50. Getting my chopper team up. I feel bad that I'm not leveling Mihawk, but he's at 85. I'll probably try to max Killer first, in time for Chopper, get Jozu to 60 for now.

Dandte

Ended up getting 10 elders and 30 teens in my first turtle time. Got killer up to level 75 and Diamond Jozu to 50. Getting my chopper team up. I feel bad that I'm not leveling Mihawk, but he's at 85. I'll probably try to max Killer first, in time for Chopper, get Jozu to 60 for now.

....thats just insane....grats!
I got 4 elders in 10 run, all of them were bonus elders, not a single elder on the last stage...

Btw i'm silver and still need to hit the barrel twice...help.

Wazzy

Banned
12 more levels until I have killer at 70 and then can evolve him. I should be able to get him to his evolved stage today so at least I'll have a decent levelled blue for MC. I'm going to try and also evolve Jozu and still hope I get Ace before QCK event ends. xD

Nibel

unbenannt-1uhuvr.png

:)

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
12 more levels until I have killer at 70 and then can evolve him. I should be able to get him to his evolved stage today so at least I'll have a decent levelled blue for MC. I'm going to try and also evolve Jozu and still hope I get Ace before QCK event ends. xD

Sounds good - Killer is great. I wouldnt "waste" stones on trying to get Ace.,...jnust wait for the next Sugofest, even if you pull Ace you need to invest quite some exp into him before he is really useful.

With Jozu and Killer you dont need Ace that badly.

Nice congrats - and the number of max lvl units in my Friendlist keeps growing.
Dont see myself having a max lvl unit anytime soon heh...

Wazzy

Banned
Gratz!

Mines almost there, level 96 xD
Sounds good - Killer is great. I wouldnt "waste" stones on trying to get Ace.,...jnust wait for the next Sugofest, even if you pull Ace you need to invest quite some exp into him before he is really useful.

With Jozu and Killer you dont need Ace that badly.

heh...
I know but I really want him LOL

I'll probably not get him but we'll see come friday which is when I'm gonna out a couple gems towards trying.

So what are folks leaning towards more for Chopper? Ace, or Jozu? I have an evolved Ace, Jozu, Hina, Kuro, Diable Sanji, and even Tashigi. So I definitely have the characters for a QCK team from what I can see.

GDJustin

stuck my tongue deep inside Atlus' cookies
I haven't missed any of the bonus turtle times, and my QCK party is barely in enough shape to take down MC, and probably won't be good enough to actually farm him. The raid bosses in this game seem to be no joke (I wasn't playing yet when Mihawk dropped). I do plan on pumping all of tomorrow's turtles into my Captain Diamond Jozu, to help out those of you on my friends list.

I have 0 INT units of note, so I fear what taking down Garp will be like. Maybe I'll just be able to pump up my generic Slasher team for him :/

Edit: I also have a decent Psy team, so maybe I can take him down that way, too. Hmmm...

Qmzn

Neo Member
So what are folks leaning towards more for Chopper

I'm working on an endurance strategy for MC 30 stamina, Vivi/Laboon/Mihawk/Alvida/Hina. Probably the best I can do with the units I have.

In my opinion, reliable no-continue 40 stamina QCK character runs are out of reach right now in global. Ace and Jozu strategies come right down to the wire with Kaku and Hina, and we only have Hina. I suppose it's possible if you get really good orbs, but I foresee many broken hearts.

If I had the units, I'd be running Zoro/Vivi or Killer/Killer/Alvida.

I have 0 INT units of note, so I fear what taking down Garp will be like.

You could always Vivi/Laboon it, but I hear that when Garp spams his special in desperation mode, the animation is pretty long, so it's even more of a grind than Mihawk.

RalchAC

I haven't missed any of the bonus turtle times, and my QCK party is barely in enough shape to take down MC, and probably won't be good enough to actually farm him. The raid bosses in this game seem to be no joke (I wasn't playing yet when Mihawk dropped). I do plan on pumping all of tomorrow's turtles into my Captain Diamond Jozu, to help out those of you on my friends list.

I have 0 INT units of note, so I fear what taking down Garp will be like. Maybe I'll just be able to pump up my generic Slasher team for him :/

Edit: I also have a decent Psy team, so maybe I can take him down that way, too. Hmmm...

My bet for Garp is a Slasher team with as many INT units as possible, like Helmeppo, Mr3 or Buggy.

Hopefully we'll get Arabasta before that. Getting Crocodile should be an awesome addition.

That and Mihawk skill should be useful. Mihawk should come back before Garp which means some skill level ups.

I'm working on an endurance strategy for MC 30 stamina, Vivi/Laboon/Mihawk/Alvida/Hina. Probably the best I can do with the units I have.

In my opinion, reliable no-continue 40 stamina QCK character runs are out of reach right now in global. Ace and Jozu strategies come right down to the wire with Kaku and Hina, and we only have Hina. I suppose it's possible if you get really good orbs, but I foresee many broken hearts.

Yeah, I'd have to agree from all the videos I've watched of the fights. Even with a G3 team with all level 80ish characters seemed to just be able to beat him. I don't have a Jozu or Killer but my QCK team is lvl 85 Ace and Kuro, Hina, and Sanji in their 60s so I should have no problem with 30 stamina, 40 looks like a different story.

chrono01

I'm beginning to think the same.

I already have Laboon and, hopefully, a few people won my Friend List will be using their high-level Vivi. Along with that, I'll go with Mihawk [for his Special] and maybe GH Usopp, DJ Sanji [for the second to last stage], and Hina.

Kumo

Yeah same here. I don't plan on farming him either so there's that. I'd suggest using DJ Sanji or Vista though since the stage prior to the boss stage has mobs with high level def.

Wazzy

Banned
Ugh I have so many unevolved pigs but not enough turtles for them. I have green and red turtles but I need blue and yellow. :/

I guess I'll continue working on Hina event so I can get close to maxing Towel Nami special.

Jayhawk

Ugh I have so many unevolved pigs but not enough turtles for them. I have green and red turtles but I need blue and yellow. :/

I guess I'll continue working on Hina event so I can get close to maxing Towel Nami special.

You should have done more 15-stam Hina to get some blue baby turtles. I am hoping Coby/Helmeppo Isle has yellow baby turtles.

Wazzy

Banned
You should have done more 15-stam Hina to get some blue baby turtles. I am hoping Coby/Helmeppo Isle has yellow baby turtles.
Are they common in 15 stam? I've been doing elite a lot more than the others. I was thinking I should start farming 30 stam more.

Jayhawk

Are they common in 15 stam? I've been doing elite a lot more than the others. I was thinking I should start farming 30 stam more.

Blue baby turtles have a chance at showing up on the Elite 15-stamina Hina and zero chance of showing up in the 30-stamina Hina. If you want blue baby turtles, do Elite.

GDJustin

stuck my tongue deep inside Atlus' cookies
Question to anyone that has played JP - how do the fortnight islands come back around? Do they stay another 14 days alongside a new fortnight, or return for a shorter amount of time? How often do they loop? Do they go in order?

Basically, I wanna know when I can expect Kuro's island to come back around so I can get GP Usopp skill books :)

Yellow pigs are the goddamn bane of my existence. I have four of them that have been sitting in my inventory for months and every time I do the Porc Sanctuary, I know the game is juuuuuust waiting to give me more of them. In the mean time I've had 7 small red turtles just sitting around since the Morgan event and not a damn red pig in sight.

When I'm not playing due to a stamina refill I want during turtle time but have stamina to burn and don't want pirate experience to ruin when my refill happens I'll run the first stage of Syrup Village for red, blue, or green turtles at the cost of gaining only 100 experience. Now on the other hand, there's no stage that you can farm just yellow turtles because the designers of the game thought it would be a great idea to have yellow and purple evolution and booster material interchangeable on every stage so there's no guarantee that you'll even see a yellow turtle to farm making it so half the time you're just wasting your stamina. And let's be honest, no one ever said they were on short supply of small purple turtles.

Cerity

Finally managed to do my first turtle time and finally managed to get kuro to 70 and ready to evolve. I've running hina for the teen turtles but even then it felt like it was taking years for him to get anywhere.

I've got a few elder turtles for him when I evolve him too.

feelsgoodman

I'm so glad we had all of these Turtle Times the past week. I was able to hobble together a speed team for Chopper. I don't know if I'll be successful with it or not, but I can at least try.

Lv 46 Ace 5*
Lv 45 Tashigi 4*
Lv 40 DJ Sanji
Lv 46 Hina 4*
MAX Lv Hammer Usopp

chrono01

Yeah, these Turtle Time have been appreciated by me, that's for sure. Speaking of, I got relatively lucky with the last one [5 Elder, 7 Medium, and the rest Small].

I'm not sure what I'll do with the XP right now, I'm mostly hoarding it. I'll probably throw the Small ones Law's way, since he's only around Level 20 or so and the XP/Beli ratio isn't too high so I might as well get his level up a bit before it's too costly to use anything small on him.

pLow7

If my lvl 45 5* Ace can be of any help to you guys, let me know. I don't think i'm going to run for MC, because my qck units are far too low to get anything done. But Ace might be of good help to you out there.

cw_sasuke

Man im disappointed in myself... Missing turtle time after having saved up stamina for it... It hurts lol.
It's pretty easy if you focus on one unit and feed him with elders, lol

Thanks, I hope so! Your G3 saved my ass so often you wouldn't believe it haha
Heh true, It's difficult for me to pump so much experience into one unit... Feeding 5 elders for only a couple lvl ups at most is heart breaking.

I will max lvl Rayleigh or Whitebeard if I ever get them. And likely some Key INT units for Garp.

11103022_987676281257012_6779430508473649187_n.jpg

just in time for Monster Chopper
Sweeeeeeeet.

RalchAC

This back to back TT is throwing off my math for stamina refills. With 12 hours between the turtle time on Sunday night and the first time on Monday means that everyone will be short 3 stamina to being able to do 5 runs on Monday without a refill. Curse you Bandai!

In some way I don't like having so many turtle times. 4 in two days is a bit boring. My Mihawk team with Fullbody instead of Ussop does 2 minute runs, which is quite awesome.

Doing Elite stages I get Small Turtles like once every four or five runs. Not sure if it's worth doing it tbh...

And sometimes you don't even get a turtle in 3/7, just EVO materials. In the end I think you are getting a better "EXP / stamina use" in Expert.

11103022_987676281257012_6779430508473649187_n.jpg

just in time for Monster Chopper

Nice, another Killer to befriend in Monster Chopper. Mine is at level 59 right now and has over 1200 ATK IIRC. I dunno if I'll level him up much more. It needs more exp than my other QCK units (Sanji and Hina).

If you want to try your Killer you can send my a PM and I'll change my captain. Sasuke and I did some 0 stamina island runs with a double Killer combo and it does some really nice damage.

I got with a maxed orb over 170k damage with his Killer. Sadly, any enemy lasted enough to unleash a full combo :p

I will max lvl Rayleigh or Whitebeard if I ever get them. And likely some Key INT units for Garp.

Leveling INT units should be "easy" since they get the 50% EXP bonus for matching color.

What kind of team are you using? Gear 3rd or Slasher?

Nice, another Killer to befriend in Monster Chopper. Mine is at level 59 right now and has over 1200 ATK IIRC. I dunno if I'll level him up much more. It needs more exp than my other QCK units (Sanji and Hina).

If you want to try your Killer you can send my a PM and I'll change my captain. Sasuke and I did some 0 stamina island runs with a double Killer combo and it does some really nice damage.

I got with a maxed orb over 170k damage with his Killer. Sadly, any enemy lasted enough to unleash a full combo :p

Leveling INT units should be "easy" since they get the 50% EXP bonus for matching color.

I use gear third team but use killer as a damage dealer for monster chopper...350428642 Thats my id anyway

cw_sasuke

Easier yes..dont know about easy heh. Im just more interested to level as many units as possible without committing with so much exp into one unit at this point. But it will get easier once we get colored turtles and more events.

For Garp ? Vista team unless i pull Robin or Rayleigh until we get to him...which is very unlikely ....so Vista.

Qmzn

Neo Member
Doing Elite stages I get Small Turtles like once every four or five runs. Not sure if it's worth doing it tbh...

90% of my Hina runs were Elite during this event, so I can second this. Blue treasure turtle drop about as often as the blue daimyo turtles, if not less. I'd say it's about one-in-five.

For RGB treasure turtles, Orange Town 7/8/9 at x2 drop is where it's at. With the way the stage flops between 2 turtles and seahorses, it seems tailored for pig evolves.

Question to anyone that has played JP - how do the fortnight islands come back around?

I didn't play JP, but I find this page at Gamewith pretty comprehensive. It looks like Kuro came back around 4 months after his first appearance, so... mid-July, maybe? Global has been moving at an accelerated pace, though, so I'd say late June's possible, too.

While I'm here, here's two today-I-learned things about One Piece: Treasure Cruise that may benefit some of us:

• Rifling through my character box, I noticed that the game actually shows you if Special Lv is going to carry over across an evolution in the evolve screen. For example, the GP Usopp -> Sogeking evolve clearly shows it resetting to one, while evolutions like Knuckle Seaman -> Knuckle Ensign show the Special Lv carrying over.
  • I can personally confirm that Specials of the same name on completely different characters do raise Special Lv, as mentioned in some guides. I sacrificed a Johnny to Gaimon this morning, and gained a level. Following this, it means Gaimon/Johnny FP pulls are worth keeping for Brogy/Dory, and Orange Town Drop x2 is probably the best time to grind. Baratie #1 at Drop x2 might work as well, but despite his multiple appearances, I've never seen Johnny drop.

Placed my Double Ironfist Fullbody as captain for people to use for Turtle Time today, his special is lv4 so he takes 7 turns for his special. He may swap because I'm squeezing the last drops of Hina event lol.

RalchAC

Chopper announced for the 28th.

So about 1.5 days to farm Coby and his special.

That's 8 runs unless you level up or gem.

Lol. Even if droprates are high we won't be able to level it up a lot.

My Hina is at 18 CD sadly. So I'll have to stall quite a bit...

Wazzy

Banned
Ahhhhh got my Killer evolved because of TT! He's level 48 now and then I got my evolved Law to 41. First TT netted me 9 elders, 17 teens and the rest baby.

After second TT today, I'll probably get Jozu to 50 so I can evolve him and then see where I can get him and Killer to. Only issue is I need a couple evo materials which I won't be able to get until Friday. Hopefully MC isn't until Saturday lol

Edit: urghhhh just read he's the 28th.

qazqaNii

Does anyone know if GP Ussopp is required for Vivi + LS Zoro team?

Thinking of going with this team:

Lv. 47 LS Zoro (Re-roll account :p) (Friend Captain)
Lv. 85 Vivi (Captain)
Lv. 60 Kuro
Lv. 60 DJ Sanji
Lv. 49 Hina
Lv. 64 Mihawk

Oh if anyone needs the LS Zoro to friend here is the code: 642 784 305

KumaJG

Lv. 85 Vivi (Captain)
Lv. 60 Kuro
Lv. 60 DJ Sanji
Lv. 49 Hina
Lv. 64 Mihawk

Usopp not needed for zombie teams

Guys if don't do it already play with SFX off. Makes hitting perfect easier.

Ferga

Lv. 85 Vivi (Captain)
Lv. 60 Kuro
Lv. 60 DJ Sanji
Lv. 49 Hina
Lv. 64 Mihawk

If you want to do 40 stam, Usopp could help you get through the mobs

If you plan to do 30stam, use another unit

I've got my Jozu up to level 73 now. I think I'm going to try to shoot for 75 and then be done though. From what I've read about Monster Chopper, I'm not sure that my QCK team can take him, even with a really decently leveled Jozu. I guess I'll find out soon.

It really sucks that INT teams are severely weakened by not having Nico Robin. I want to max out my INT team for Garp, but it doesn't appear that I'll be able to beat him, even with a maxed INT team, if I don't have Robin. Laaaaaaaame. Wonder if we'll get the next Sugofest before the Garp event?

Top Bottom