• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

One Piece Treasure Cruise |OT| Golden Hammer ---God--- Usopp

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
Trust me i've got a few G3 Friends, probably around 10 including Chrono, but nobody is using him, i even got sick of him because i saw him every time but didn't have one myself. I've got about 9 Friends who use Zoro and 14 who use Mihawk right now...

Still, cannot believe your first sentence. Hina is fairly easy with Zoro or Mihawk Lead, so i don't see why someone should use G3 over them, that's why i UNDERSTAND why noone uses him, but still i'm getting sick of it.

.....whats your issue again ? Tired of Mihawk ? Of G3 ? xD

Mihawk is a Top Tier farming leader...he will dominate friend lists for a long time, exceptions will be special events.

I get it though...if you wanna use your other leaders you will have a difficult time finding Friend Captain for QCK/INT/PSY teams right now....G3/Mihawk are too popular right now. Should change with Garp though....

Jayhawk

Trust me i've got a few G3 Friends, probably around 10 including Chrono, but nobody is using him, i even got sick of him because i saw him every time but didn't have one myself. I've got about 9 Friends who use Zoro and 14 who use Mihawk right now...

Still, cannot believe your first sentence. Hina is fairly easy with Zoro or Mihawk Lead, so i don't see why someone should use G3 over them, that's why i UNDERSTAND why noone uses him, but still i'm getting sick of it.

So you just admitted that you have more G3 Luffy friend captains than Zoro friend captains, yet you say nobody is using Luffy. You say you got sick of seeing G3 Luffy friend captains because you didn't have one. Now you're sick of Zoro and Mihawk. Will we see you complain about being sick of too many Towel Nami and Vista captains when Garp comes around?

pLow7

.....whats your issue again ? Tired of Mihawk ? Of G3 ? xD

Mihawk is a Top Tier farming leader...he will dominate friend lists for a long time, exceptions will be special events.

I get it though...if you wanna use your other leaders you will have a difficult time finding Friend Captain for QCK/INT/PSY teams right now....G3/Mihawk are too popular right now. Should change with Garp though....

I'm tired of having only Zoro and Mihawk to choose as Guest Friends. I don't mind using them here and there, but a little bit of diversity is nice. I can use my fresh G3 Luffy about once a day, this is really frustrating because having a New Imba Unit you wanna test him right ?

So you just admitted that you have more G3 Luffy friend captains than Zoro friend captains, yet you say nobody is using Luffy. You say you got sick of seeing G3 Luffy friend captains because you didn't have one. Now you're sick of Zoro and Mihawk. Will we see you complain about being sick of too many Towel Nami and Vista captains when Garp comes around?

Prior to Hina Event everybody was using G3 Luffy as Captain, thus getting annoyed of him because at that point i didn't have him. Now since Hina is out, everybody is going for Asura Zoro as Captain or Mihawk. If you like diversity in the Game (like me) you get tired of using the same Captain the whole time.

Wazzy

Banned
The thing is, there's an event going on right now where Ashura and Mihawk are good as captains so why is that something to take issue with? Once it's over you'll see captain diversity again.

I personally love all the Mihawks since it helps pair with my Law to farm Hina. Pirate level is too low for Mihawk lol

pLow7

The thing is, there's an event going on right now where Ashura and Mihawk are good as captains so why is that something to take issue with? Once it's over you'll see captain diversity again.

I personally love all the Mihawks since it helps pair with my Law to farm Hina. Pirate level is too low for Mihawk lol

I don't get why you are all so defending. I'm just sick of this event and having to use Asura Zoro or Mihawk every time. I'm not accusing anyone and i'm not telling anyone to change anything, i'm just tired of this and thankfully it ends tomorrow.

Hana-Bi

Another failed ship upgrade. Usopp, why?

Since I've never done any friend barrel breaking those colas are really a pain to farm...

Wazzy

Banned
I don't know if I can handle Brogy farming lol I guess I'lll give it a try when my stamina is back up.
I don't get why you are all so defending. I'm just sick of this event and having to use Asura Zoro or Mihawk every time. I'm not accusing anyone and i'm not telling anyone to change anything, i'm just tired of this and thankfully it ends tomorrow.

Eh, your first post was a bit of an aggressive rant so it's probably why people are questioning it. You're free to feel sick of this event and captains but the original post came off as kind of attacking people for using those captains when it's obvious why they're being used. But anyways event is over soon anyways so you'll get less of them now. :p

pLow7

I don't know if I can handle Brogy farming lol I guess I'lll give it a try when my stamina is back up.

Eh, your first post was a bit of an aggressive rant so it's probably why people are questioning it. You're free to feel sick of this event and captains but the original post came off as kind of attacking people for using those captains when it's obvious why they're being used. But anyways event is over soon anyways so you'll get less of them now. :p

I'm sorry if it came off offensive, it wasn't my intention. I wanted to try my precious G3 Luffy but couldn't because the only dudes i see are Zoro and Mihawk, thus the rant. Nothing against any of you Gaf-bros :)

cw_sasuke

Why is everyone after Brogy? to replace Buggy?

Nope you still need Buggy....Brogy provides meat which can be turned into purple orbs by Buggy. Brogy is Chopper with better stats...same for his bro.

pelicansurf

Needs a Holiday on Gallifrey
My friend list has an equal amount of G3 Luffy captains as Mihawks and Zoros, so your issues with captains on your friend list are your own fault. Xcution and chrono01 are two max level G3 captains that always show up on my list.
I also have a max Luffy if people need him.

RedBoot

Ah, I see so we pick up Helmeppo this next event, I don't have mr. 3, is he needed? I like my towel nami so i think I would replace krieg as well.

One of the things to note from that video is that they're using Mihawk's ship, which we don't have access to yet. It boosts the HP of slashers, which is why that whole team is INT slashers.

That being said, I suspect a lineup similar to that would work on Garp anyway. I think the goal would be to try and hit around 40k HP, since that lets you survive two cannonball attacks with some breathing room. I think I can reach that with double Vista plus the right team. I'll be trying to build something like that, anyway. Broggy has more health than Brain Point Chopper, so he'd be much better for that team.

Took 120 runs but totally worth it. A lvl 5 Broggy has better stats than a lvl 40 BP Chopper. xD

8yFlH2T.jpg

Hmm I did 50 runs on 2x drop day which was also lobster day so I used quite a few gems between Broggy, Lobsters and the occasional Hina to level up, so probably around 6. For today's 70 runs I used my natural stamina, 2 gems and leveled up, that's 4 stamina bars for 18+ runs each (90-ish max stam).

Xeroblade

One of the things to note from that video is that they're using Mihawk's ship, which we don't have access to yet. It boosts the HP of slashers, which is why that whole team is INT slashers.

That being said, I suspect a lineup similar to that would work on Garp anyway. I think the goal would be to try and hit around 40k HP, since that lets you survive two cannonball attacks with some breathing room. I think I can reach that with double Vista plus the right team. I'll be trying to build something like that, anyway. Broggy has more health than Brain Point Chopper, so he'd be much better for that team.

Oh I didn't notice that and Yeah I hope to run double Vistas as well. Guess I will changed to farming broggy. I was hoping he would be an easy drop, guess not according to everyone.

Wazzy

Banned
I wish I had Vista but oh well, I'll probably run Towel Nami for Garp. I'm trying to farm her special upgrades before Hina is gone.
I'm sorry if it came off offensive, it wasn't my intention. I wanted to try my precious G3 Luffy but couldn't because the only dudes i see are Zoro and Mihawk, thus the rant. Nothing against any of you Gaf-bros :)

Don't worry about it. :) Let's just get excited for a new event!

ah_hia

Finally got my Merry to level 10. I don't ever want to see Usopp again XD
Next up would be Mihawk's boat when it releases.

cw_sasuke

Friendlist slowly migrating to Vista/Nami.

Also got my final Fullbody skill up... Just in time.
Took 120 runs but totally worth it. A lvl 5 Broggy has better stats than a lvl 40 BP Chopper. xD
Awesome... Congrats man :)

RedBoot

The cola costs are much higher for that boat (and some of the other ones upcoming). Going to be a long process if the success rates are the same. :(

Ugh, at first I was excited about having story units to farm. Between Dorry, Broggy, and Mr. 3, I should be kept busy for a while!

After 2.5 stamina bars and no dropped Dorry though....I'm about to change my mind.

linkent

Dont think you need to farm Dorry except for collection purpose.
As Garp will change all orb to RCV/PSY and there will be no slot for Dorry.
Should priotise the other first.

Wazzy

Banned
Ugh I was hoping to get some specials lvl up's for Nami but after putting 5 into not even one happened. :( I only have her at level 3 boooo

Ah well. Time to try Coby event.

chrono01

Cool, got a Coby.
Same here! Dropped after my third Expert run.

As for the difficulty, it's extremely easy, at least for a G3 team [surprise, surprise]. I can defeat Coby in around two turns or so, and with a GH Usopp Delay I never even see him attack. For Helmeppo, I use Alvida, although he hits extremely light and I can kill the fodder units with him in a turn. Hell, I can almost kill Helmeppo in that same turn. Last time I got him down to around 50% health.

No Robin skillbooks yet. I don't even HAVE Robin yet, but I want to start saving them for when I do. :/

Tidd

I see where this is going. >.> 2expert runs and no Robin skill book :(
but 2 cabin boy coby skill books... Oh Coby, even now when you are useful you are trolling.
Coby is already maxed. Just missing a dragon to evolve him.
Also got Helmeppo.

Ferga

I cleared 30 stam Coby easily with my normal G3 team

Combo: (Usopp,Smoker,Alvida, G3, G3, Arlong)

I think stalling for good orbs on the turtle stage right before helmeppo is pretty crucial if you're running G3.

I managed to get both helmeppo and Coby V2 on the first run. Pretty sweet.

GDJustin

stuck my tongue deep inside Atlus' cookies
Why is everyone after Brogy? to replace Buggy?

I don't have an INT team for Garp, so I'm going to attempt some sort of Slasher INT team and hope that gets me past him - Mihawk captain(s) or friend Nami/Nico Captain, and then all INT Slashers like Brogy, Buggy, Mr. 3, Helmeppo.

Garp seems pretty insane, but it seems like this should work - all you're missing by having a single Slasher captain is 1/6th bonus dmg - your other 5 characters will be INT and will all receive bonus dmg.

Xeroblade

Expert was easy with towel Nami. Used golden pound on Hem and burst Coby.
Agreed two nami captain's make it a smooth level. Question about the Cody and helmeppo skill books, do we wait to use the skill books for when they are evolved to get a chance at skill up or does it even matter?

Tidd

Agreed two nami captain's make it a smooth level. Question about the Cody and helmeppo skill books, do we wait to use the skill books for when they are evolved to get a chance at skill up or does it even matter?

We wait till they are evolved because the unevolved versions don't have a skill. So no skill up for you. :D

RalchAC

I don't have an INT team for Garp, so I'm going to attempt some sort of Slasher INT team and hope that gets me past him - Mihawk captain(s) or friend Nami/Nico Captain, and then all INT Slashers like Brogy, Buggy, Mr. 3, Helmeppo.

Garp seems pretty insane, but it seems like this should work - all you're missing by having a single Slasher captain is 1/6th bonus dmg - your other 5 characters will be INT and will all receive bonus dmg.

I don't have a INT team either.

I've been thinking about posibilities and an idea I had was using:

Mihawk / Crocodile (Slasher)
Mr3 /INT Giant
Mihawk / Buggy

My idea is doing this:

- First I use Mihawk skill. Health is reduced to 49%.
- Then I attack normally while tanking his first 2 weak attacks.
- In the 3rd turn I use Mr3 and attack normally.
- In the 4th turn I use Broggy + Buggy skill to get Crocodile, Mr3 and Buggy matching orbs.

I'll use Crocodile special in turns 1-3.

How much health does 40 Garp has?

I probably would if I had them evolved, but I don't. I doubt I'll save the books, considering my space shortage. :/

Pearl stats are really bad. I think he is not worth it even if you only have the "good" farmable units, which are Luffy 2nd Gear, Arlong, Aldiva and Morgan. You're probably going to get a better result using those 5000 EXP points in some character that you have below level 40.

Pheno_NLD

Neo Member

Wow, I'm still at level 6 or 7 after 80 cola-throwaways or so. The successes aren't that common. Does someone know if there will be a limited time that cola-success-rate will be higher than normal (which should be easy compared to what it is now)?

xrokis

yesterday was pretty good
after a million tries finally maxed
did another run at brogy an got him

not sure about my quick team for monster chopper. my jozu is at around lvl 70 and my other units are also decently leveld, but i think i will use vivi/zoro on my first runs. it's just feels alot safer and i hate wasting so much stamina

ah_hia

The cola costs are much higher for that boat (and some of the other ones upcoming). Going to be a long process if the success rates are the same. :(

I never had much issues until level 8. Then I got stuck in Usopp hell until now. More cola cost, ugh.

Top Bottom