• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

One Piece Treasure Cruise |OT| Golden Hammer ---God--- Usopp

StMeph

My Merry is still stuck at 8, but it's so universally useful and leveling it is so final that I imagine they want to put up some kind of resistance against making it too easy.

Does anyone have a maxed merry go?

I may not have much luck with my pulls, but I was apparently blessed when it came to ship upgrades. I only had 3-4 fails total, and a couple of those happened fairly early on. I've been at max for a couple of months now.

I'm up to 88 cola now. Hopefully I'll have the same luck whenever we get another boat worth upgrading.

Does anyone have a maxed merry go?

It's not as impossible as some people make it sound, most people just can't be bothered to farm cola since it's boring and tedious. Half stamina story chapters with 7-10 stages are a good place to farm cola, if you're busy with fortnights then at least do half stam Arlong Park since it seems to have the highest cola drop rate.

ADbWKjH.jpg

For reference, I needed about 200 cola to max my Merry.

chrono01

It's not as impossible as some people make it sound, most people just can't be bothered to farm cola since it's boring and tedious. Half stamina story chapters with 7-10 stages are a good place to farm cola, if you're busy with fortnights then at least do half stam Arlong Park since it seems to have the highest cola drop rate.
Yeah, the skillbooks that drop for Smoker's Event Island aren't the best, so after I get Smoker himself I'll definitely be doing this. It also doesn't help that I couldn't hoard more skillbooks even if I wanted to, since I'm eternally at 200/200.

Let me spend my Rainbow Gems to upgrade my Member Box, Namco Bandai. You know you want to.

Xcution

Thanks, been lurking on here and getting help from you guys for what seems like forever. I'll add my name(Tsunami Squad) and ID to the list.

Lol tou were in the same position as me. It took forever.

Please make sure to put a@GAF in your name. This makes it easy to identify you as a member to add you and to no accidentally delete you :).

DUNskee

Neo Member
Lol tou were in the same position as me. It took forever.

Please make sure to put a@GAF in your name. This makes it easy to identify you as a member to add you and to no accidentally delete you :).

Alright, just added @GAF to the name. Feel free to add me, 940,424,638. Mainly run max G3. But also use Towel Nami, Mihawk, Lion Song and Jozu.

GDJustin

stuck my tongue deep inside Atlus' cookies

For reference, I needed about 200 cola to max my Merry.

I'm glad you had good luck, but not everyone's experience has been like yours. I've failed Merry lvl 6 --> 7 five times in a row now.

I'm glad you had good luck, but not everyone's experience has been like yours. I've failed Merry lvl 6 --> 7 five times in a row now.

I only got lucky in the last upgrade, the rest were a pain:

1 -> 2, 2 -> 3, 3 -> 4, 4 -> 5: 1 try each
5 -> 6: 2 tries
6 -> 7: 3 tries
7 -> 8: 5 tries
8 -> 9: 10 tries
9 -> 10: 1 try
link

All I'm saying is that cola farming is a thing that people often ignore.

bzzt

Neo Member
My luck with ship upgrades have sucked. I have spent over 100 cola trying to get from 8 to 9. Still at 8. I am single-handedly funding god's coke habit.

Wazzy

Banned
For Merry upgrades I'm stuck on 8. Usopp knows it's my favourite number so he's preventing me from finishing.

Also the turtle drops from FP start tomorrow, right?

RalchAC

Wow, my account finally got validated after months! What's up ya'll.

Welcome to the family! If you see GAF going down in the next few days it's because it can't holds so much excitement lol.

Thanks, been lurking on here and getting help from you guys for what seems like forever. I'll add my name(Tsunami Squad) and ID to the list.

I'll add you tonight. Remember to put GAF on username! It'd be useful for other gaffers.

For Merry upgrades I'm stuck on 8. Usopp knows it's my favourite number so he's preventing me from finishing.

Also the turtle drops from FP start tomorrow, right?

Mmmmm

That's a good theory. My favorite number is 7 and that's where I'm stuck. Ussop really is a God, I cant believe he saw it all along.

Now if he could just tell me who the hell is Sogeking...

pLow7

Added some of you guys who have G3.Hopefully you accept my humble request. My lvl 31 G3 looks ass, but my other Captains might be of Help to you.

chrono01

Wow, my account finally got validated after months! What's up ya'll.
Very nice, welcome!

As for my member capacity...I think I might have to start using these skillbooks outside of a skill-up event. There's just no way to hoard them all, not with only 200 slots.

I currently have:

- Robin x21
- Coby v2 x32
- Helmeppo v2 x20

That's 73 spaces just for skillbooks. I even sold off the easier to obtain evolution materials [kept one of each], such as regular penguins, crabs, shellfish, seahorse, etc.

The question is, which skillbooks to use? I don't have a Robin, and even if I did, I wouldn't use those outside of a skill-up event. They're too valuable. So that leaves Coby v2 and Helmeppo v2. I'm thinking more of the former, since I have so many more [maybe use them until I have around 20 or so left] and then save the rest for an event? I'm not sure. I desperately want/need new space, though. This is painful.

Jayhawk

I keep a spreadsheet to tally what evolution materials I need for the units I am preparing to evolve. This makes it easier to know what excess evolution materials I can sell off.

I just use the Coby v2 and Helmeppo v2 skill books whenever I get them, since they drop so often. I maxed Fire Pearl's skill already. Sanji v2 and Hatchan skill books are used for leveling up Monster Chopper.

Only one I have started to hoard for a skill up event in the second half of this event is Robin for the very unlikely chance we get a skill up event before Garp. I should just start using these skill books. Super success event is this week, and they rarely have bonus weeks in close date proximity to each other.

I recommend everybody using a majority of their stamina tomorrow on the Seahorse isle. With the 1/2 stamina special and the FP event for turtles, you're going to want to grab as many Elder seahorses and baby seahorses (for evolving pigs) as you can since it's more efficient to farm the Elder seahorses at 1/2 stamina than most other times.

chrono01

I recommend everybody using a majority of their stamina tomorrow on the Seahorse isle. With the 1/2 stamina special and the FP event for turtles, you're going to want to grab as many Elder seahorses and baby seahorses (for evolving pigs) as you can since it's more efficient to farm the Elder seahorses at 1/2 stamina than most other times.
Good advice. Those seahorse are difficult to obtain. Actually, I'll probably try to gather a few more crystal penguin, as well.

Smoker's Event Island doesn't look to be too impressive, so once I obtain him I'll have little reason to go back and farm it [outside of the XP]. That leaves plenty of time to farm evolution materials during the 1/2 stamina event!

I started using Helmeppo since he seems less important.
I actually might switch to him instead, just for this reason. Removing locks are important, but Axe Hand Morgan does the same thing so Helmeppo v2 isn't entirely unique [although having an INT unit that does it would be easier for type-matching]. Still, as you said Coby x2 is probably the more important of the two, so I'll probably burn through my Helmeppo skillbooks before his.

RedBoot

I currently have:

- Robin x21
- Coby v2 x32
- Helmeppo v2 x20

That's 73 spaces just for skillbooks. I even sold off the easier to obtain evolution materials [kept one of each], such as regular penguins, crabs, shellfish, seahorse, etc.

The question is, which skillbooks to use? I don't have a Robin, and even if I did, I wouldn't use those outside of a skill-up event. They're too valuable. So that leaves Coby v2 and Helmeppo v2. I'm thinking more of the former, since I have so many more [maybe use them until I have around 20 or so left] and then save the rest for an event? I'm not sure. I desperately want/need new space, though. This is painful.

I'd say put 15 Cobys and 10 Meppos in now and see what you get. If you don't get many skill ups, save the rest for an event.

I dunno though, I stopped hoarding skill books after dropping like 10 Nami v2s during the last one and getting zero skill ups. Meanwhile, I've managed to get Helmeppo up to lv6 with somewhere around 20-25 books during this event. The chances are so low regardless that I just use 'em as I get them.

(That being said, if Kuro comes back, I'll get as many Usopp books as possible and save them, since that one's so valuable comparatively)

chrono01

I'd say put 15 Cobys and 10 Meppos in now and see what you get. If you don't get many skill ups, save the rest for an event.

I dunno though, I stopped hoarding skill books after dropping like 10 Nami v2s during the last one and getting zero skill ups. Meanwhile, I've managed to get Helmeppo up to lv6 with somewhere around 20-25 books during this event. The chances are so low regardless that I just use 'em as I get them.

(That being said, if Kuro comes back, I'll get as many Usopp books as possible and save them, since that one's so valuable comparatively)
Haha, yeah. RNG can be a harsh mistress, that's for sure. I'm sure the skill-up event can help, but it's all a dice-roll in the end anyway. >_<

It might not be a bad idea for everyone to hold on to your turtles till tomorrow night when we get a super success rate up.

I managed to do 15 runs on my last 30 minute turtle time today. I was actually starting to sweat it because I didn't get my first elder turtle drop until the 2nd to last run, which I wound up with a total of four. I was beginning to think they had let Usopp in charge of the turtle drops in addition to the ship upgrades.

GaimeGuy

Volunteer Deputy Campaign Director, Obama for America '16
This was my first turtle time participating in, I wasn't aware of it the previous few weeks I've played.

Final damage -
32 treasure turtles
21 daimyo turtles
5 elder turtles

Holding onto everything until tomorrow night.

And now I see why int teams are popular. All dem turtles.

Wazzy

Banned
Welcome to all the new members! It's cool seeing more people join what is an amazing game.

Also Towel Nami and Coby V2 are at 70 while everyone else is 50's. I still have many pigs plus another TT.
Marco Friends,

it's time to let the phoenix shine
I still need to evolve mine :(

I forgot today was Monday...

Edit: only got 3 elders this week. I think they need to bring back turtle week. On another note, at least I can spend my FP soon.

GDJustin

stuck my tongue deep inside Atlus' cookies
Also missed my turtle times. First was 6AM and second was 4PM and I was filming something so couldn't get in any runs at work. QQ

GaimeGuy

Volunteer Deputy Campaign Director, Obama for America '16
Also missed my turtle times. First was 6AM and second was 4PM and I was filming something so couldn't get in any runs at work. QQ

It's okay, it's my third week playing and I didn't even realize turtle time was a thing in weeks 1 and 2.

Give me your turtles!

... Now what do I use these things on? There's so many of them :X

Majukun

just realized I'm gold today..even though i wil have another chance during this week..any 0 or 5 wants to tap some barrels?

Btw Korial, how on earth are all your captains so high level?

Every single captain you use is like god-tier, lol.

Well I'm taking a different approach with this game. Most people consider refilling stamina as a big no but for me Rare Recruiting is out of question. Decided to boycott RR after the WB Pirates sugofest (got 3 good pulls out of 14) so I now have 6 gacha units (G3, Marco, Shanks, Dial Usopp, TNami and Robin) that won't see any new additions for a long time. Instead of Rare Recruiting I use my gems on farming raid bosses, turtle time and some fortnights (ones with good units/books). I also sold my plv 100+ JPN account lately for a pretty nice sum and bought some gems. The plan is to rely on those 6 gacha units and high level/skill level farmables to get through the game. I might hit a wall some day but for now, with my units and future fortnight/story drops, I could build teams to farm the highest difficulty of any raid boss available in the JPN version.

So for my units' levels, lets connect the dots. Raid boss farming got me a bunch of turtles and millions of beli. Farming fortnights also nets me turtles and a big amount of skillbooks which I use to get lvl 50-60 people to 60-70 (I have enough beli to afford doing that). All that farming made my PLv skyrocket, so I can now do 6 turtle run per gem (soon to be 7). I usually use 2 gems (1 per 30 minutes) but yesterday I wanted to max my G3 quickly so I used 4 gems for ~32 runs and got 2 million exp from it.

All in all I'm pretty happy with how I'm doing right now even though some might consider my approach crazy. :p

pLow7

Well I'm taking a different approach with this game. Most people consider refilling stamina as a big no but for me Rare Recruiting is out of question. Decided to boycott RR after the WB Pirates sugofest (got 3 good pulls out of 14) so I now have 6 gacha units (G3, Marco, Shanks, Dial Usopp, TNami and Robin) that won't see any new additions for a long time. Instead of Rare Recruiting I use my gems on farming raid bosses, turtle time and some fortnights (ones with good units/books). I also sold my plv 100+ JPN account lately for a pretty nice sum and bought some gems. The plan is to rely on those 6 gacha units and high level/skill level farmables to get through the game. I might hit a wall some day but for now, with my units and future fortnight/story drops, I could build teams to farm the highest difficulty of any raid boss available in the JPN version.

So for my units' levels, lets connect the dots. Raid boss farming got me a bunch of turtles and millions of beli. Farming fortnights also nets me turtles and a big amount of skillbooks which I use to get lvl 50-60 people to 60-70 (I have enough beli to afford doing that). All that farming made my PLv skyrocket, so I can now do 6 turtle run per gem (soon to be 7). I usually use 2 gems (1 per 30 minutes) but yesterday I wanted to max my G3 quickly so I used 4 gems for ~32 runs and got 2 million exp from it.

All in all I'm pretty happy with how I'm doing right now even though some might consider my approach crazy. :p

But that feeling when Hitting rare Recruit, a gold Poster appears and you get...

Fuckin Sanji. I know what you mean. But in between those Sanjis you get some nice pulls. Cannot imagine playing this game without Rare recruiting especially on Sugofest.

Well you're pretty much the person I always look for in my friend's list due to how ridiculous your units are. :p

/edit

Also conflicted between grinding for rare evolvers due to the half stamina event ... and the knowledge that my inbox is way too small already. x_x

/edit2

Wooh got an elder seahorse after 2 tries! That solves my evolvers requirements for Monstah Choppah, next up a yellow dragon on thursday for Coby.

Majukun

damn,my nephew kept my occupied..I'm now redy to tap until the day changes in 45 minutes..anyone?2 accounts..so double chance

But that feeling when Hitting rare Recruit, a gold Poster appears and you get...

Fuckin Sanji. I know what you mean. But in between those Sanjis you get some nice pulls. Cannot imagine playing this game without Rare recruiting especially on Sugofest.

I fight the urge to pull with rerolls, close enough for me. xD (and that's why I always have some spare rerolls)

Well you're pretty much the person I always look for in my friend's list due to how ridiculous your units are. :p

Haha, glad to help.

StMeph

I'm done with this fortnight island. I maxed every skill of every character!!!!! Robin was the last one.

Time to farm story characters and evolvers!!!

Wow. Max Robin and Coby. Almost there with Robin's levels, too. Really well done.

Top Bottom