• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

One Piece Treasure Cruise |OT| Golden Hammer ---God--- Usopp

So here's a question. I'm trying to decide which member of my Heart team to dump all of these Gold turtles into. I don't have a Marco, but I do have a Shanks. Problem is, I never really see him listed on Heart teams if he's not captain.

Once Garp comes out, I assume most Heart teams will look like this:

Garp
Coby / Usopp v2
Bon Clay
Golden Hammer Usopp/Random Heavy Hitter

Marco would be the obvious best Captain, but does Shanks still have a role to fill later on? Could he function as the "Random Heavy Hitter"?

Flunkie

Banned
How well does this follow the story? I'm playing it because I want to get into OP and plan to start watching the anime soon but if I don't will this tell the story pretty well?

Also should I save my rainbow gems for the upcoming event to summon?

linkent

Pretty sure most team will be
Garp + Garp
Coby v2
Usopp V2/GP Usopp (V2 for burst/GP immuned, GP for stall)
BonChan

Those are the core.
The last member mostly people will use Marco for the heal.
As Garp team has lots of HP. And Marco will bring back those full life.

Now for Shanks. I dont remember the stats, but maybe he could fit into that last slot if his stats is better than Marco?

Also he wont be useless as some easy stage doesnt need much of Garp team HP, you can still use Shanks+Friend's Garp team for more bursty team. (2.5x2)
Just like Nami+Vista or Nami+Nami for current CobyMelpo Island where you dont need Vista+Vista high HP team.

Edit: there arent many PSY team as current content is lacking of RCV orb maker for PSY, but all will change when Garp come.

How well does this follow the story? I'm playing it because I want to get into OP and plan to start watching the anime soon but if I don't will this tell the story pretty well?

This tells the story fairly well actually. I mean, obviously you're going to be missing a lot of the nuances (especially the humor) that make people love the manga/show, but it does a good basic job.

And yeah, definitely save your gems at least until the next Sugofest. Were you able to get a good starter character with your first roll?

RedBoot

Got three Elder Seahorses in a row this morning. After the third one, my box was full and I had to go sell some fodder. I'm convinced that was my combo breaker, and I could have gotten endless Elders if I had space. :p

That puts me up to four, so I'll be clear on horses for the foreseeable future.

Flunkie

Banned
This tells the story fairly well actually. I mean, obviously you're going to be missing a lot of the nuances (especially the humor) that make people love the manga/show, but it does a good basic job.

And yeah, definitely save your gems at least until the next Sugofest. Were you able to get a good starter character with your first roll?
I rolled a couple times and got Shark on Tooth Enraged Arlong and I read he's decent and I hate rerolling in these fucking things and just wanted to play so I was fine with him.

qazqaNii

Is anyone else saving shitty characters like Butchie, Siam, Chuu or Kuroobi? I have them all but my box is full and I have never even used them once in my team wondering if they're worth keeping or if I should get rid of them?

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
Is anyone else saving shitty characters like Butchie, Siam, Chuu or Kuroobi? I have them all but my box is full and I have never even used them once in my team wondering if they're worth keeping or if I should get rid of them?
I would get rid of them if you need the space... But we ate getting missions soon were you'll need some of the shitty units to clear them.

We should post a list with every unit needed for the missions per Island.

GaimeGuy

Volunteer Deputy Campaign Director, Obama for America '16

I wouldn't use this for the story. You lose all the charm and humor. The experience is reduced to a barebones storyboard.

qazqaNii

I would get rid of them if you need the space... But we ate getting missions soon were you'll need some of the shitty units to clear them.

We should post a list with every unit needed for the missions per Island.

Hmm Missions.. I sold my Yosaku/Johnny and I heard they would be needed in some of the missions.. REGRETS!

I rolled a couple times and got Shark on Tooth Enraged Arlong and I read he's decent and I hate rerolling in these fucking things and just wanted to play so I was fine with him.

I feel you on the rerolling thing. I started with Enraged Arlong too and I still use him in my team to this very day, so it's definitely not a bad thing. He's farmable in the story mode, but his drop rate is horrendous and you also have to dump a ton of resources into him to evolve to what you have now. Just enjoy the game!

That being said, you definitely might want to check out what Korial has left. He had some pretty nice accounts.

Wazzy

Banned
I think it's tonight alongside Smoker's Island (which would be 10pm central). The Winter list seems to have vanished from the game's notification list, so I can't confirm it.

Ahhh well I'll be excited for it to start then! I need these stack of pigs to be evolved.

chrono01

It's not a bad accompaniment to the manga/anime, but you don't want to play the game as the primary exposure to the world of One Piece. It does a fairly good job, but reading the manga/watching the anime is still a lot better.

I'm a guy and I'm not afraid to admit that I teared up a couple time in the anime. It's actually pretty touching.

I'm saving them all since I'm a completionist. I will suffer through the limited member box capacity. SUFFER!

Do we know what time the FP turtles start?
As RedBoot said, it's when Smoker's Island Event starts later tonight, so just under 7 hours to go!

RedBoot

I'm a guy and I'm not afraid to admit that I teared up a couple time in the anime. It's actually pretty touching.

One Piece tears are manly tears, so it's ok. :)

As for TC's treatment of the story, it's pretty good, Whiskey Peak and Little Garden especially have been big improvements. They're pulling off some of the bigger scenes, at least (Luffy and Nami at Arlong Park, Vivi telling everyone who Mr.0 is at Whiskey Peak, the honor between the giants in Little Garden). Drum Island's going to be interesting though, some amazing moments there (most of which are in flashbacks).

chrono01

5 hours and 21 mins to go. Come on Smoker. I got this team of Str chars that want to say hi :)
You probably already know this, but Smoker pre-emptively locks your two Captains, so if you're running a G3 Luffy team with STR you'll want to bring someone to clear the locks for you.

Personally, I'm thinking of going with:

G3 Luffy/G3 Luffy
Arlong
Morgan
Helmeppo V2
Usopp

I'll be able to clear the locks instantly this way [with Morgan and Helmeppo V2's special abilities] and then go all out on Smoker. Two G3 Luffy and Arlong should be more than enough muscle, especially with Usopp's delay.

Also, the 0.5x Stamina Seahorse daily is soul-crushing. I've wasted maybe...120 stamina [I got lucky with a Rank Up in-between runs] and only managed to get two Elder Seahorse. That makes three total. This would be even more depressing at the standard 1x stamina rate. >_<

Should I run the 10 or 15 STA Cobimeppo isle to maximize my skillbooks before Smoker takes over, or is the drop rate that much higher on 30 that I should stick to it instead?

I'm currently trying to max out the skills for Coby and Helmeppo (both are at lvl 3, 15 Turns), while hording my few Robin book drops, 8 so far, until I get lucky with a gacha for her.

Dandte

My stamina is at 0,I'm tired and I just wasted another 5 robin books. In two weeks i only managed to the get a Single skill up. Wtf and since it will take forever to get the Isle back i hope a 16 turn robin is ok for garp.

HawthorneKitty

Sgt. 2nd Class in the Creep Battalion, Waifu Wars
My stamina is at 0,I'm tired and I just wasted another 5 robin books. In two weeks i only managed to the get a Single skill up. Wtf and since it will take forever to get the Isle back i hope a 16 turn robin is ok for garp.
You're scaring me from using them.

chrono01

Should I run the 10 or 15 STA Cobimeppo isle to maximize my skillbooks before Smoker takes over, or is the drop rate that much higher on 30 that I should stick to it instead?

I'm currently trying to max out the skills for Coby and Helmeppo (both are at lvl 3, 15 Turns), while hording my few Robin book drops, 8 so far, until I get lucky with a gacha for her.
If you're interested in the good skillbooks [Coby/Helmeppo V2, Robin], you're better off at the higher difficulties.

Yeah, skill-up's can be incredibly frustrating, even with rate-up events, especially for the ones you really want.

My two weeks worth of Coby v2 skillbooks (at least 15, maybe more) has resulted in zero skillups.

Oh wait, that probably doesn't help, right? :)
The despair.

Xcution

You probably already know this, but Smoker pre-emptively locks your two Captains, so if you're running a G3 Luffy team with STR you'll want to bring someone to clear the locks for you.

G3 Luffy/G3 Luffy
Arlong
Morgan
Helmeppo V2
Usopp

I'll be able to clear the locks instantly this way [with Morgan and Helmeppo V2's special abilities] and then go all out on Smoker. Two G3 Luffy and Arlong should be more than enough muscle, especially with Usopp's delay.

Also, the 0.5x Stamina Seahorse daily is soul-crushing. I've wasted maybe...120 stamina [I got lucky with a Rank Up in-between runs] and only managed to get two Elder Seahorse. That makes three total. This would be even more depressing at the standard 1x stamina rate. >_<

Yea i am trackimg that dumb lock lol.

I think hemlocks you and resets himself for three turns so i think i can wait the three turns then Usopp stall and i can pne or two shot him.

You think i will be ok with

Two max G3 luffy
Max arlong
Lvl 90 White beard
Max smooth alvida
Max usopp

I would add my MC but he only like lvl 20 somethings.

If not i got an evolved Morgan i will see what happens. Pray for me lol

RalchAC

G3 Luffy/G3 Luffy
Arlong
Morgan
Helmeppo V2
Usopp

My plan is to use something like this:

Mihawk / Mihawk
Arlong / Morgan
Helmeppo / Ussop

For some reason it feels really weird to me if he isn't in the bottom right spot lol.

I'll use my Smokers for Smoker (and we'll get like 15k again everytime he drops!) and the Turtles for my Izo. I want to have him at a decent level so I can use the Khalifa + Izo orb converter strategy as soon as her island drops!

My Smoker Team would be

Mihawk/Mihawk
Kuro/Arlong
Buggy/Ashura Zoro

Would that be okay? Or should I replace Buggy with Usopp? I also have an evolved Vista at Level 66, but can not use him yet (2 more levels :()

My Smoker Team would be

Mihawk/Mihawk
Kuro/Arlong
Buggy/Ashura Zoro

Would that be okay? Or should I replace Buggy with Usopp? I also have an evolved Vista at Level 66, but can not use him yet (2 more levels :()

Biker Smoker can lock both of your captains once he gets below 30% health so it might be a good idea to run a turn delayer to prevent that from happening.

chrono01

Yea i am trackimg that dumb lock lol.

I think hemlocks you and resets himself for three turns so i think i can wait the three turns then Usopp stall and i can pne or two shot him.

You think i will be ok with

Two max G3 luffy
Max arlong
Lvl 90 White beard
Max smooth alvida
Max usopp

I would add my MC but he only like lvl 20 somethings.

If not i got an evolved Morgan i will see what happens. Pray for me lol
Yeah, you should be fine. Assuming you don't mess up your Perfects. Don't worry, you won't. Maybe.

Best of luck!

Niceeeeee!

Time to also hopefully level up my Smokers skill level.
Yeah, I'd like to level his skill a bit too, before the island ends. I'm not sure I'll farm it as much as Coby/Helmeppo, considering the skillbooks aren't as good. Maybe I can finally farm for more of the story drop units, such as Broggy...

My plan is to use something like this:

Mihawk / Mihawk
Arlong / Morgan
Helmeppo / Ussop

For some reason it feels really weird to me if he isn't in the bottom right spot lol.

I'll use my Smokers for Smoker (and we'll get like 15k again everytime he drops!) and the Turtles for my Izo. I want to have him at a decent level so I can use the Khalifa + Izo orb converter strategy as soon as her island drops!
Haha, it's funny. I always put my Usopp in the bottom left corner. I just need to. I guess everyone has a spot for him.

But yeah, your team looks identical to mine, except with Mihawk instead of G3 Luffy. I'm sure we won't have a problem!

Xcution

So just to make sure...

The same time PST that smoker is release this is when the double XP and the FP turtle thing starts...correct?

Edit:Just noticed I am now finally a member :) yay!

So just to make sure...

The same time PST that smoker is release this is when the double XP and the FP turtle thing starts...correct?

There should be some sort of notice right? At the bottom of tavern, andthe more info button at least. I will wait for someone to confirm, though.

Need one more elder seahorse and I'm happy. 70 stam so far, got 3 so far and finally evolved Robin(Who got 0 skill ups from the 10 or so books I had.)

As for Usopp placement, mine is always middle left.

I will farm this island until I can get mr3 skill maxed, and maybe for some smoker action. Really need to farm colas for that last merry upgrade, though.

Edit: 2 horse runs later got the last elder I needed. I'm now good through Garp.(on elder sea horses at least)

chrono01

So just to make sure...

Nice, congrats on becoming a member!

There should be some sort of notice right? At the bottom of tavern, andthe more info button at least. I will wait for someone to confirm, though.
Yeah, the event should start in an hour and a half. At least, that's what the notice in-game says.

chrono01

Bhrono...20 more mins :)

Gotta kill smoker before sleepy time.
Not long now!

I'm not sure if I should spend my stamina on more seahorse runs [still need more Elder...] or spend it on Smoker. I could wait until the weekend when the dailies are less desirable...

But then, space is limited. It's not as though I can store all of these evolution materials anyway.

HawthorneKitty

Sgt. 2nd Class in the Creep Battalion, Waifu Wars
I was like fuck it and used all my Helmeppo books, was still scared as the last of my books evaporated; got the max skill up on last batch of books pheeeeeeeeew.

Kumo

Did 10 FP pulls and I got 2 elders and some baby turtles :O

I really needed more box space so I decided to use the last of my Robin and Coby books. Got 2 skill ups on each using 10 Robin books and only 3 Coby books so I'm pretty happy with that.

Time to use all these keys I've been hoarding!

Smoker was kind of a joke. Team I ran:

Mihawk/Mihawk
GP Usopp/Helmoppo V2
Arlong/Escapee Morgan

For a 3 star unit, Escapee Morgan has a stupid amount of health and damage with 1500HP and almost 900 ATK while being only level 40. Compare that to my level 61 evolved Shanks with 865 ATK. I'm not complaining, I just don't get it.

Xcution

So... First run was a close call since i was learning Morgan timing. Got it down, i won that pic on the left.

The one on the right was that damage...must of hurt :p

06FE714B-5535-4C34-B726-581FEE939A73_zpsxwhl4ffa.jpg

Edit: Smoker is pretty easy though as long as you have Usopp and Morgan.

Good luck to everyone else. Also got Smoker and Taschigi to drop first run. Did not have them pretty excited.

Top Bottom