• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

One Piece Treasure Cruise |OT| Golden Hammer ---God--- Usopp

Barely survived smoke elite. Looks like another island I cannot finish on expert. :(

image.jpg

Ypu just started do the one you can farm for pirate exp and get some turtles. If you did it you will prob be able to donot easy within a week. Get a good team comp.
I wouldn't say I just started, I'm on day 83 of logins. Just like evolving everyone. Need to pump those turtles into my main team. Also, need to start using my G3 Luffy(~lvl50)

Edit again: I always farm on elite, though. Currently PL 92, which was just enough to use my team.

Edit 3: FP was 1 elder turtle, tons of assorted baby turtles(only had 9 keys so evolved all but one red pig), 2 Johnnys, and fodder for my pigs. Also 50% of baby turtles were purple.

Edit 4:

Current levels, I really need to focus on specific characters.

makaveli13

Neo Member
Smoker was kind of a joke. Team I ran:

Mihawk/Mihawk
GP Usopp/Helmoppo V2
Arlong/Escapee Morgan

For a 3 star unit, Escapee Morgan has a stupid amount of health and damage with 1500HP and almost 900 ATK while being only level 40. Compare that to my level 61 evolved Shanks with 865 ATK. I'm not complaining, I just don't get it.

That's the team i ran with. I wasn't prepared for his pre-emptive attack and only just survived. He is pretty easy though.

On a side note, 50 FP pulls and 15 baby black turtles.. I have 7 unevolved green pigs and only pulled 2 baby green turtles. Terrible luck.

GDJustin

stuck my tongue deep inside Atlus' cookies
Smoker is surprisingly tough. If you mess up round one and take a hit from Smoker, and then run into Tashigi with your STR team, you can easily get hosed on Elite, even with a solid team.

As long as I land my perfects I can farm Elite with my team, thankfully.

After 40 pulls from the FP gacha I only landed one teen turtle, though. But I did get a Johnny as a consolation prize, at least. -_-

Wazzy

Banned
Used all my pigs and turtles and now my INT team levels are:

Towel Nami 77
Robin 70
Coby V2 73
Buggy 51
Broggy 43

Guys I'm poor now lol but I'm ready for you Garp. Just need to bring Broggy's special lvl down a tiny bit and then I'm set.

chrono01

I would really like to know why Namco Bandai is so strict regarding Member Box space. You'd think they would want us to spend our Rainbow Gems. More Rainbow Gems on extra space = less for us to spend when Sugofests come around = more potential money for them. The lack of space is really starting to hamper my enjoyment of the game. It's just frustrating.

I thought I would take the chance, since I have so many Coby V2 skillbooks, and used five of them. Not a single skillup. I only have 30 more and, given how useful he is, I'm hesitant to use any more outside of a skill-up event, which likely won't happen for at least 1.5 months. Add to this the Robin skillbooks [and now the ones dropping from Smoker's Island] and you have a real problem. It doesn't help that I have a bunch of farmed Lobster from the event prior, and there's no way I'm getting rid of them. Not knowing how useful they are, and how difficult they are to obtain.

The game is several months old now, and we haven't received a single increase in our Member Box. Given how many units there are in the game right now [and the number of events we've gotten], 200 is way too low. I'm not sure how long it took the Japanese version to get their first increase [since NB seem to be following pretty closely in the Global version], but here's hoping it's soon. It's nearing the point where I'll have to stop farming indefinitely, or take the risk and waste a good portion of limited material on potential failures. :/

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
It just sucks... Had to feed away my Mr.2 skill books just to get some space. Nowadays I spend more than 50 percent of the time managing space issues in my box instead of playing. Getting tired of it... As a OP fan you wanna gather as man units as possible but the game makes it difficult for us.

I hope the 2.1 Update increases the box size.

Ferga

I know the pain. I have 35 Robin books and 20 V2 Nami books with no Robin or Nami to feed them to.

I put around 40 Coby books into Coby but only got 5 levels from them.

I think I'm about to fuse the Monster Choppers just to free up some space.

DrAg0nBoY

Failed on my first atempt at 30 stamina Smoker.
1st team:
Mihawk/Mihawk
Arlong/Ashura Zoro
GP Usop/Helmeppo V2

Lost just for a sliver of his health. Didn't want to use a gem so started a new run and just changing my firend captain with an Arlong and went pretty easy through.

Will probably make a few runs, just for the exp if nothing else.

Kumo

I heard that the JP version had a member space increase way before we did at the same point in time. Not sure what the delay is about :\

Wazzy

Banned
Beat Smoker Expert. Not too bad as long as my stall enemies are good.

I'll be farming this to get my Smokers skill up but god getting him to 99 to evolve is just brutal.

Alright beat Smoker on expert, had an extra turn to spare with my Mihawk team with average/decent orb luck so I could imagine Smoker actually wrecking me if my orb luck is outright awful.

I'm considering leveling my Mihawk up to 60-70 or so now that green teenage turtles are available, as I've grown to enjoy Mihawk teams a lot.

At the same time the other elements of my party (arlong, asura zoro, helmeppo) are all around level 50 as well and most of them are significantly easier to level up than Mihawk.

Decisions decisions.

qazqaNii

Finished expert easily with this team:

Friend Mihawk (lv. Max)
Captain Mihawk (lv. 70)
Arlong (lv. 75)
Morgan (lv. 50)
Helmeppo (lv. 62)
GOD Ussopp

I pop morgan, helmeppo and usopp at the first turn leaving me to kill him in 6 turns which I had no problem with. The skillbooks on smoker sucks, as I only have vivi and zeff which are useless to lvl up.

pLow7

Barely survived smoke elite. Looks like another island I cannot finish on expert. :(

I wouldn't say I just started, I'm on day 83 of logins. Just like evolving everyone. Need to pump those turtles into my main team. Also, need to start using my G3 Luffy(~lvl50)

Edit again: I always farm on elite, though. Currently PL 92, which was just enough to use my team.

Edit 3: FP was 1 elder turtle, tons of assorted baby turtles(only had 9 keys so evolved all but one red pig), 2 Johnnys, and fodder for my pigs. Also 50% of baby turtles were purple.

Edit 4:

Current levels, I really need to focus on specific characters.

Use Gear 3 for Smoker!

This is my "Shitty"-Team:

I wreck the shit out of him. I had 4 Turns left, didn't even have to use GP if i wanted to. Really, if you have G3 and you can land the Perfect, he is a Piece of Cake.

pLow7

How do you utilize Marco in this team?

HP. He has High and Smoker hits hard in the beginning. When i get to evolve Morgan he will replace him.

You can change Marco with any other High HP, or you can use a Dex Char for Tashigi. He really is just a placeholder with High HP.

cw_sasuke

lol Tashigi screwed up 2 expert runs in a row... When she shows up on stage 2 it's difficult to get your Hp back to tank Smokers first hit.

It could be easier with Vista and Helmeppo but all my Vista friends vanished and the friend list is again dominated by G3 and Mihawk lol.

Okay gear 3rd is deliciously overpowered versus smoker.

As long as you have more than 6k HP before you arrive at smoker you'll completely demolish him, I had 4 turns to spare thanks to Godsopp.

p.s.

Is the turtle friend point recruit thing live yet?

Cerity

ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)

cheers to whoever mentioned droid 4x for rerolling and making accounts. Got around to setting it up, took around 20 minutes to get 5 accounts with 4 as their 6th number and did all my barrel breaking in one go.

Majukun

compared to the cobymeppo event where i wasted so much stamina losing battles because of my shitty laptop and g3 team..this smoker is soo much easier..just went with a double mihawk,arlong,morgan,god usopp and helmeppo v2 and destroyed the guy at elite

too bad that i didn't get nearly enough baby turtles and i still have tons of pigs...it's bullshit that you can't storage more than 50 tries

compared to the cobymeppo event where i wasted so much stamina losing battles because of my shitty laptop and g3 team..this smoker is soo much easier..just went with a double mihawk,arlong,morgan,god usopp and helmeppo v2 and destroyed the guy at elite

too bad that i didn't get nearly enough baby turtles and i still have tons of pigs...it's bullshit that you can't storage more than 50 tries

I have a ton of baby turtles but no baby pigs.. :|

well to be honest i have some baby turtles,but of the wrong color..
like i have tons of yellow pig ready to evolve but no yellow turtle,while i have tons or red turtles and no pig

Ah yeah I have a similar situation where I haven't gotten any red pigs in ages, so my red turtles just keep building up. @_@

cw_sasuke

Vista+Helmeppo+Golden Pound for relaxed Expert Smoker.

Could use G3 as well...but dont feel like hitting perfects when im playing outside on the road.
It's almost anticlimactic how easily gear 3rd teams wreck Smoker..

Well G3 is still one of the best unit in the game and has the type-advantage - would be weird if he wouldnt destroy Smoker.
Feels good man.

FWIW: new updated Tier List from the blog. I think I agree with it. Mihawk deserves god-tier status, dude is incredible during raids.

Great think about Mihawk is that he is good for Bosses as well as regular farming duties - no wonder they had to introduce class restrictions in later stages considering how dominant Slasher teams are.

Though his status is also linked to his max skill - he is only God Tier with a maxxed or near max skilled special.

Though his status is also linked to his max skill - he is only God Tier with a maxxed or near max skilled special.

Yeah normally his skill is "balanced" as you only get to use it during ridiculously long levels, but once maxed it can essentially push otherwise underleveled teams right pass a boss by doing a good 3rd of the work in a single attack.

Jayhawk

lol Tashigi screwed up 2 expert runs in a row... When she shows up on stage 2 it's difficult to get your Hp back to tank Smokers first hit.

It could be easier with Vista and Helmeppo but all my Vista friends vanished and the friend list is again dominated by G3 and Mihawk lol.

Changed my captain to my level 71 Vista for you to use against Smoker. :)

RedBoot

My 50 friend pulls were terrible. One daimyo turtle, no elders, a bunch of baby turtles, and Johnny. Also a lot of useless fodder. I had one blue baby turtle and two blue pigs going in, and didn't get a single blue baby turtle from the pulls. I did manage to evolve some other pigs though.

Chickened out on using my STR team on Smoker, I think they're all too low-level. Double Vista handles it fine though. Might try a Mihawk team later to see if it's faster.

Finally got Smoker to drop (after seeing him drop 3 chests in prior runs). I assume we can potentially get two in one run? I wasn't sure how much I'd run this event (since the skillbooks are weak), but I at least want to get Smoker evolved once and get some green turtles for Mihawk.

cw_sasuke

Changed my captain to my level 71 Vista for you to use against Smoker. :)
Thanks man, was glad to see a couple Vistas show up earlier xD

With 40k HP you can take mma bunch of Smoker hits without problems.

I miss getting a nearly guarenteed teen turtle on every event island run. All I really want out of this event are Smoker drops so I can level his skill and green turtles so I can eventually evolve him. Unfortunately, the drop rate for both of those seem rather low.

The only skill book I could make any use of is the Zeff one but even then fighter teams are vastly outdamaged by slasher teams even considering you could have a fighter team consisting of V2 Coby, Hina, and Monster Chopper.

Dawg

Must have tried getting Buggy over 30 times now ;_; Fuck that clown!

Also missed turtle event this week :( Lvling up units going real slow ;_;

RalchAC

Great think about Mihawk is that he is good for Bosses as well as regular farming duties - no wonder they had to introduce class restrictions in later stages considering how dominant Slasher teams are.

Well, Impact character seem to have been getting quite good units lately. I like the idea of introducing class restrictions. TBH I want them to start in global. I'll start thinking about what should be my best option for the next event instead of just choosing 4 out of my 7-8 slashers...

My 50 friend pulls were terrible. One daimyo turtle, no elders, a bunch of baby turtles, and Johnny. Also a lot of useless fodder. I had one blue baby turtle and two blue pigs going in, and didn't get a single blue baby turtle from the pulls. I did manage to evolve some other pigs though.

I got a lot of baby turtles but only 3 daimyos. No elders.

Not that I complain. I was able to evolve half the pigs I had in my character box but I have a lot of Green Baby Turtles, since it was the color I got the most but I don't have green pigs!

I miss getting a nearly guarenteed teen turtle on every event island run. All I really want out of this event are Smoker drops so I can level his skill and green turtles so I can eventually evolve him. Unfortunately, the drop rate for both of those seem rather low.

The only skill book I could make any use of is the Zeff one but even then fighter teams are vastly outdamaged by slasher teams even considering you could have a fighter team consisting of V2 Coby, Hina, and Monster Chopper.

I got a teen turtle in most of my Cobymeppo runs. I dunno. Things aren't that bad in Expert. And yeah. Do fighters get some new life once Jimbei and the Shichibukai batch arrives to TC? Or not?

At this point I'll just keep my Zeff because it's a low cost unit with a huge bonus that could be useful in the leaderboard thing.

Well, Impact character seem to have been getting quite good units lately. I like the idea of introducing class restrictions. TBH I want them to start in global. I'll start thinking about what should be my best option for the next event instead of just choosing 4 out of my 7-8 slashers...

Class restrictions are far away but we'll have type restricted fortnights. After Smoker there's Tsuru, then Khalifa where you can only use STR units, Rob Lucci with DEX-only restrictions etc. The biggest challenge is not having Usopp in your team. :p

I got a teen turtle in most of my Cobymeppo runs. I dunno. Things aren't that bad in Expert. And yeah. Do fighters get some new life once Jimbei and the Shichibukai batch arrives to TC? Or not?

Not really. In JPN right now fighters are by far the worst class. Slashers take the top positon due to them having the best 2 raid bosses in the game (Mihawk and Doffy) and an amazing ship to go with them (-700 RCV and 1.5x ATK&HP to slashers) and can beat almost everything in the game. Strikers are also good, mainly Captain Kidd lead (and recently Aokiji) though not Urogue, they can clear a bunch of raid bosses. Shooters will take a while to get good, most of the good units are raid bosses (shooters are great now if you have Strong World Ace, a sugofest unit). Fighters are ... still waiting for a new captain and some good utility units.

chrono01

INT rate up confirmed, just in time for Garp (must be a coincidence right? RIGHT?).
Very nice, I still need a Nico Robin. I might recruit a few times...

Oh wait, I'm sitting at 200/200 can't store any more units. Thanks for saving me the trouble, Namco Bandai!

On a more serious note, from my personal experience "rate-up" events don't seem to work as indicated, at least from past ones. I'm still saving mine for Sugofests only, but I would absolutely love to finally get that Nico Robin. ;_;

chrono01

We're totally going to get the Rayleigh Sugofest before this ends, right? RIGHT!
I was thinking the same thing just now. Sugofests usually happen at the end of the month, and considering Rayleigh is supposed to be in the next batch [unless I'm mistaken], he should be released while the INT event is still going.

I was thinking the same thing just now. Sugofests usually happen at the end of the month, and considering Rayleigh is supposed to be in the next batch [unless I'm mistaken], he should be released while the INT event is still going.

*squeal*

It's totally gonna happen. And I'm totally still not going to pull him.

Well sugofest doesn't mean a new batch, we could get the filler WB1 + SN1 sugo that JP got before Rayleigh.

Top Bottom