• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

One Piece Treasure Cruise |OT| Golden Hammer ---God--- Usopp

Sohail

Neo Member
Some of you guys really have some nice teams. Any input what to do with mine..?

I have a 25 buggy the clown (gold),
23 tornado tempo Nami,
23 poison gas bomb Don Krieg,
27 gum gum bazooka luffy
and a 26 horn point chopper.

Captain is buggy with 2x int attack

I'm trying to go for an INT team, but I don't know if it's smart to have a full purple team.. (I don't even have other INT cards)

Any help is appreciated !

Tried to upload and image of it but failed, Sorry about that.

Vecks

23 tornado tempo Nami,
27 gum gum bazooka luffy

I'm trying to go for an INT team, but I don't know if it's smart to have a full purple team.. (I don't even have other INT cards)

I think an INT team will be good later on, but right now it just seems easier to build a team around arlong or zeff, since some of the better INT units are currently gacha, like nico robin and towel nami (soon to be released). There also don't seem to be any tough PSY bosses at the moment for an INT team to shine.

Is there anyway to revert an evolve I went with the wrong sanji >_>

I don't think so. But it shouldn't be much of a problem since the final evolve is the same. If you went the crab route, it takes forever to get xp to max out, and if you went the other route, pirate penguins should be coming with loguetown.

23 tornado tempo Nami,
27 gum gum bazooka luffy

Replace horn point chopper with Gaimon
f0040.png
and put him in the second row. His special converts 3 slots to [RCV] (meat) so he'll act as your healer and food provider for Buggy (Gaimon: [Anything] -> [RCV] then Buggy: [RCV] -> [INT]). A better unit for that position would be Brain Point Chopper, so be sure to go that route whenever you get the story-mode Chopper.

Like Vecks said, INT teams aren't the best thing to have right now so you might want to start building other teams.
---------------------

@cw_sasuke: I traded one of my Shanks accounts for this slightly used Robin one. I don't feel like starting yet another account though so it's yours if you want it.

Edit: Finally got my Asura. My pseudo slasher team just needs a decent Captain now.

Edit 2: Tested a 2x Asura Zoro team. Dat 18k HP. o_O

Just noticed that different characters require different amounts of Beli to level up. Using the same 5 green mobs for example costs 5000 for Plastic Surgery Sanji, 9000 for Asura Zoro, 13500 for Bazooka Luffy, 18500 for Shanks and 22000 for Vivi. And I was wondering why I'm always low on cash...

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
Just noticed that different characters require different amounts of Beli to level up. Using the same 5 green mobs for example costs 5000 for Plastic Surgery Sanji, 9000 for Asura Zoro, 13500 for Gear 2 Luffy, 18500 for Shanks and 22000 for Vivi. And I was wondering why I'm always low on cash...

Doesnt it always just depend on which Level they are ? The higher the lvl the higher the costs or are Sanji, Zoro, Luffy, Vivi and Shanks all on the same level ?

I think its.

Lvl 1 = 100 Beli for 1 mob power up, Lvl 10 = 1000 Beli, Level 99 = 9900 Beli ....well you get the idea xD

Nah, I have the best browser.

And characters cost more to level up the higher the level they are, so if those characters weren't the same level then there's definitely going to be a difference in cost.

Doesnt it always just depend on which Level they are ? The higher the lvl the higher the costs or are Sanji, Zoro, Luffy, Vivi and Shanks all on the same level ?

I think its.

Lvl 1 = 100 Beli for 1 mob power up, Lvl 10 = 1000 Beli, Level 99 = 9900 Beli

Oh didn't think of it like that. You formula matches too so the beli cost is always Lv x 100 x # of mobs.

bjork

Got a 3 gem bonus for consecutive days logged in, so I had enough for a pull. Tried for Robin, got a Chopper. If I already have the Brain Point and the Guard Point versions, what's the next best one? I'm thinking Horn Point so I can add him to a blue team, but I'm not sure.

N30RYU

dawm Arlong... more than 50 tries on Arlong Park 15 with no Arlong drop... just wanna get him to move to Buggy Elite to level up...

Got a 3 gem bonus for consecutive days logged in, so I had enough for a pull. Tried for Robin, got a Chopper. If I already have the Brain Point and the Guard Point versions, what's the next best one? I'm thinking Horn Point so I can add him to a blue team, but I'm not sure.

If you don't really need a QCK or STR filler right now, it's best to leave him unevolved IMO for whenever you decide to build a PSY team. The attack boost he gets from a couple PSY captains puts him above the Brain Point variant (900 with two 5* Shanks at lvl 20 vs 454 for Brain Point at lvl 50).

Limit

It's weird switching between this and brave frontier where the latter has a 3 minute stamina recharge time while this continues to hold to traditional norm of 10 minute stamina recharge time. Hard to go back to playing the waiting game. Though it's not too big of an issue right now as there isn't an astounding amount of content to play through anyways. Just grinding for exp slowly; steadily.

Copons

Hello all!
I've been playing OPTC for a week or so now, and I've been lurking this thread catching some great advices.

But right now, I'm in a bit of a slump trying to beat Buggy Elite and Elite Forest.
Both levels screw me at the second to last round (in Buggy there's a random gunner oneshotting me almost always, in the Forest IIRC there's a Don Krieg fellow (Pearl?) who oneshots me).

My 2 crews right now are (I'm using Baratie as the ship because no matter how many times I try, I'm stuck at Merry lvl 4, still without the attack bonus):

SLASHERS
Captain: 4* Enraged Arlong - lvl 35
4* Zoro (108 Pound Phoenix) - lvl 33
3* Kuro - lvl 24
3* Buggy - lvl 23
4* Usopp (Golden Pound) - lvl 27
Baratie - lvl 1

FIGHTERS
Captain: 3* Zeff - lvl 19
4* Enraged Arlong - lvl 35
4* Luffy (Gum-Gum Bazooka) - lvl 29
4* Sanji (Hot Rock Stew) - lvl 18
Baratie - lvl 1

OTHER RANDOM PEEPS
3* Alvida - lvl 9
3* Smoker - lvl 5
3* Tashigi - lvl 7
3* Nami - lvl 9

Now, do you guys suggest some other crew combo that I couldn't think of?

And anyway, you that manage to farm Buggy Elite, what's the average level of your crews?

SLASHERS
3* Kuro - lvl 24
3* Buggy - lvl 23
Baratie - lvl 1

This is seriously good enough if you have a friend captain Arlong along with you. If you get perfects you should be able to get the dude with the crossbow. Also keep in mind that there's a bit of an RNG in this game. The amount of turns before enemies attack is a bit random. Sometimes the crossbowdude will attack in just two turns, and sometimes it takes three or four turns, which of course makes it much easier, but even still your team should be able to take him in two turns. Do perfects and remember to end on your two arlongs.

cw_sasuke

Your slasher team is more than fine Copons - just need to select the Crossbow guy first and take him out. You dont need high dmg for him, 2 turns are enough to take him out and you dont need to hit perfect. High def/low hp just like the crabs.

Copons

This is seriously good enough if you have a friend captain Arlong along with you. If you get perfects you should be able to get the dude with the crossbow. Also keep in mind that there's a bit of an RNG in this game. The amount of turns before enemies attack is a bit random. Sometimes the crossbowdude will attack in just two turns, and sometimes it takes three or four turns, which of course makes it much easier, but even still your team should be able to take him in two turns. Do perfects and remember to end on your two arlongs.

Your slasher team is more than fine Copons - just need to select the Crossbow guy first and take him out. You dont need high dmg for him, 2 turns are enough to take him out and you dont need to hit perfect. High def/low hp just like the crabs.

Thank you very much!
I suspected the biggest problem lied in my fingers, but I totally hoped for answers like "naw, your level is too low!". :'(

Ah, just as I'm here: is there a good strategy/technique I don't know about to deal with tank enemies (like, crabs and such, those that usually get single digit damage)?
I may have noticed that I got a very hard hit with a perfect + an advantageous color combination. Is that the reason?

bjork

SLASHERS
3* Kuro - lvl 24
3* Buggy - lvl 23
Baratie - lvl 1

And anyway, you that manage to farm Buggy Elite, what's the average level of your crews?

I feel like you've got a good team for it, just use another enraged Arlong for the friend captain. My team that can beat Buggy Elite is similar:

Enraged Arlong Lv19
3000 Worlds Zoro Lv22
Dancing Django Lv16
Golden Pound Usopp Lv24
Evolved Buggy Lv24

I generally look for another enraged Arlong that's higher level than mine, and that's 4X to your slashers. One thing I find myself doing is trying to stall for turns on the fight with the large crab, or the one with turtles (either the small turtles or the three big ones), so that it works out to where I can pop Usopp and Zoro's specials when the last fight begins.

Just make sure you're targeting the guy with the skull icon first, when he appears. I didn't know I needed to do that for several runs, so much wasted stamina.

edit - beaten by everyone, I'm getting slow in my old age

Copons

I feel like you've got a good team for it, just use another enraged Arlong for the friend captain. My team that can beat Buggy Elite is similar:

Enraged Arlong Lv19
3000 Worlds Zoro Lv22
Dancing Django Lv16
Golden Pound Usopp Lv24
Evolved Buggy Lv24

I generally look for another enraged Arlong that's higher level than mine, and that's 4X to your slashers. One thing I find myself doing is trying to stall for turns on the fight with the large crab, or the one with turtles (either the small turtles or the three big ones), so that it works out to where I can pop Usopp and Zoro's specials when the last fight begins.

Just make sure you're targeting the guy with the skull icon first, when he appears. I didn't know I needed to do that for several runs, so much wasted stamina.

Yup, I didn't notice that skull my first couple of runs, and it took a couple more to understand its meaning. :D

Anyway, from that moment I always targeted him first, but it always took me a lot of time to get rid of him, while his fellow crab hit me super hard leaving me weak for the boss fight where Buggy has (IIRC) only a couple of turns of cooldown.
I guess I just have to improve my rhythm!

If you're having trouble with Perfects then just use the "miss" strategy. http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?p=153214064&highlight=#post153214064

WOAH!
This is a GREAT strategy for loose fingers like me!
I noticed sometimes I was getting better results with a miss than with a great, but it never occurred to me that it could be a viable strategy against tanks!

Vecks

Hello all!
I've been playing OPTC for a week or so now, and I've been lurking this thread catching some great advices.

But right now, I'm in a bit of a slump trying to beat Buggy Elite and Elite Forest.
Both levels screw me at the second to last round (in Buggy there's a random gunner oneshotting me almost always, in the Forest IIRC there's a Don Krieg fellow (Pearl?) who oneshots me).

My 2 crews right now are (I'm using Baratie as the ship because no matter how many times I try, I'm stuck at Merry lvl 4, still without the attack bonus):

SLASHERS
3* Kuro - lvl 24
3* Buggy - lvl 23
Baratie - lvl 1

FIGHTERS
Captain: 3* Zeff - lvl 19
4* Enraged Arlong - lvl 35
4* Luffy (Gum-Gum Bazooka) - lvl 29
4* Sanji (Hot Rock Stew) - lvl 18
Baratie - lvl 1

OTHER RANDOM PEEPS
3* Alvida - lvl 9
3* Smoker - lvl 5
3* Tashigi - lvl 7
3* Nami - lvl 9

Wow, nice teams. You got way better teams than me. I don't have arlong or zeff or kuro. I have to rely on friends to make it through. I only do elite buggy if I can find an arlong or asura zoro on the friends list.

cw_sasuke

I tried a friend Don Krieg earlier and for some reason whenever he attacked the framerate on my phone dropped a lot...i was like...wtf. Is this normal ?

cw_sasuke

I don't have any framerate problems when I use him.

Are you on iPhone/iPad ? Will have to try it once later on my iPad. I know i used him earlier before and i dont remeber it being that messed up. For some reason always when he attacked on my Android phone the game went nuts.

btw. Put Buggy up for a bit for another account/friend - so dont kick me from your list lol.

Copons

Wow, nice teams. You got way better teams than me. I don't have arlong or zeff or kuro. I have to rely on friends to make it through. I only do elite buggy if I can find an arlong or asura zoro on the friends list.

Thanks, I got extremely lucky with Kuro and Zeff, both of them dropped after no more than half dozen tries each.
also I have to admit that I dropped Kuro at my first try while doing the story, but thinking about the actual plot, I thought he was a weak character so I used it as fodder :D

Btw, I used all your advices and BAM, Buggy Elite cleared. Thanks all of you guys! :)

Ah, just as I'm here: is there a good strategy/technique I don't know about to deal with tank enemies (like, crabs and such, those that usually get single digit damage)?
I may have noticed that I got a very hard hit with a perfect + an advantageous color combination. Is that the reason?

Yeah, a chain + color combination + finisher with Arlong will instant-kill it because your damage exceeds its over-all defense.

cw_sasuke

Btw, I used all your advices and BAM, Buggy Elite cleared. Thanks all of you guys! :)

Congrats man - strategy is everything when it comes to these stages if you know what to do is often not as difficult.

also I have to admit that I dropped Kuro at my first try while doing the story, but thinking about the actual plot, I thought he was a weak character so I used it as fodder :D

*tears*

Vecks

Are you on iPhone/iPad ? Will have to try it once later on my iPad. I know i used him earlier before and i dont remeber it being that messed up. For some reason always when he attacked on my Android phone the game went nuts.

btw. Put Buggy up for a bit for another account/friend - so dont kick me from your list lol.

Android phone.

Thanks, I got extremely lucky with Kuro and Zeff, both of them dropped after no more than half dozen tries each.

That is some insane luck. The only characters to drop for me in story mode are Gin and Patty.

Althane

Got an Arlong and a Kuroobi. I'm tempted to keep it just for the fishmen vibe, but is that worth keeping, or should I reroll?

RalchAC

Man, are you always this lucky? I must have done Zeff level for over 50 times

About your problems clearing Elite Buggy and Elite Training, as other have said, use a second Arlong or Zeff so you can get a x6.25 damage bonus.

Vecks

Got an Arlong and a Kuroobi. I'm tempted to keep it just for the fishmen vibe, but is that worth keeping, or should I reroll?

That can be a tough decision. 4 star Arlong is amazing, one of the best damage dealers (probably the best), and will help you clear through all the current content pretty handily. You'll probably be popular with friend invites too. Even though you can farm him, the drop rates for any boss is quite low, unless your name is Copons.

On the other hand, if you are rerolling, you can shoot for the gacha exclusive characters.

Althane

That can be a tough decision. 4 star Arlong is amazing, one of the best damage dealers (probably the best), and will help you clear through all the current content pretty handily. You'll probably be popular with friend invites too. Even though you can farm him, the drop rates for any boss is quite low, unless your name is Copons.

On the other hand, if you are rerolling, you can shoot for the gacha exclusive characters.

This'll be the 4th gacha game I've played, I'm alright with a strong character, even if they're a rare drop from normal play. Patience is a virtue. :D

Thanks! I'll go ahead with this.

Rixa

Umm. How do you farm for unit exp / where is the best place if I cant handle Buggy elite and there are no turles :p

Iam going with the story @Arlong Park 11chapters done
Pirate level 32
My team:

Cpt: Ace lvl 27
Tony Tony Chopper heavy point 16 lvl
Luffy lvl 20 /max (need one red penquin)
Buggy 33 (got material for evolve)
Usopp GP a.k.a. "the topic man" lvl 18

Also got Sanji at level 17, I may switch TTC since he is QCK char, but TTC special does nice damage. I do have cpt. Morgan in 20 level too.

I got 2 Luffy portraits but I think they are better to use Luffy after I manage to evolve him.

So how to grind stuff to feed my party, I know its kinda colourful so Captains ability doesnt help much. But to get it better I need to grind for feeders.

Cherubae

I finally got MoMoo the sea cow to drop in Arlong Park #7. I still haven't had much luck with Pearl in Baratie, so I guess I just need to keep trying.

KumaJG

Umm. How do you farm for unit exp / where is the best place if I cant handle Buggy elite and there are no turles :p

Iam going with the story @Arlong Park 11chapters done
Pirate level 32
My team:

Cpt: Ace lvl 27
Tony Tony Chopper heavy point 16 lvl
Luffy lvl 20 /max (need one red penquin)
Buggy 33 (got material for evolve)
Usopp GP a.k.a. "the topic man" lvl 18

Also got Sanji at level 17, I may switch TTC since he is QCK char, but TTC special does nice damage. I do have cpt. Morgan in 20 level too.

I got 2 Luffy portraits but I think they are better to use Luffy after I manage to evolve him.

So how to grind stuff to feed my party, I know its kinda colourful so Captains ability doesnt help much. But to get it better I need to grind for feeders.

Hmm to get better I would suggest farming Zeff and farm a red/blue penguin to evolve Luffy and Sanji(I would go with easier evolution route) asap.

When all said and done your party should look like

Cpt: Zeff
Heavy Point Chopper
Ace
Sanji non crab evolution
Luffy
God Usopp

This party setup will do good damage and have a lot utility to survive the tough battles.

Rixa

Hmm to get better I would suggest farming Zeff and farm a red/blue penguin to evolve Luffy and Sanji(I would go with easier evolution route) asap.

When all said and done your party should look like

Cpt: Zeff
Heavy Point Chopper
Ace
Sanji non crab evolution
Luffy
God Usopp

This party setup will do good damage and have a lot utility to survive the tough battles.

So I max my Sanji to level 20 and evolve with using only blue penquin and baby seahorse?

Zeff Iam farming at the moment :). Sanji I can evolve as soon as I get few levels more.

cw_sasuke

So I max my Sanji to level 20 and evolve with using only blue penquin and baby seahorse?

Zeff Iam farming at the moment :). Sanji I can evolve as soon as I get few levels more.

Yeah, since we get Pirate Penguins next weeks you dont need to do the crap evolution anymore since you are wasting around 250k exp using the crap evo.

Rixa

Yeah, since we get Pirate Penguins next weeks you dont need to do the crap evolution anymore since you are wasting around 250k exp using the crap evo.

Thanks did that and tossed 1 black turtle and now my Sanji Poèle a Fire is at level 16. Now to farm Zeff for the next days or so :D. Tossed Buggy away from party. Ace is leading so long as I get Zeff, then I remove Luffy from party or TTC?

Top Bottom