• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

One Piece Treasure Cruise |OT| Golden Hammer ---God--- Usopp

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
You already have the core of a nice Knowledge team bjork.

Using the Chopper + Buggy active combo for Burst. If you also had Robin it would be perfect. Buggy as a Knowledge leader with 2x Atk leader with Nami/Brainpoint Chopper/Golden Usopp...and one more unit just for strength, maybe Arlong till you get a better Knowledge unit to fill the spot.

Kitoro

Is there any point to the friend point summons? I've only ever gotten trash mobs at level 5 that are a waste of money to fuse for EXP, so I just sell them.

Is it possible to get anything better? Does anyone know if the JP version has gotten rate ups that include potential pulls for EXP turtles and the like, ala Brave Frontier's Honor Summon events?

Thanks!

cw_sasuke

Is there any point to the friend point summons? I've only ever gotten trash mobs at level 5 that are a waste of money to fuse for EXP, so I just sell them.

Is it possible to get anything better? Does anyone know if the JP version has gotten rate ups that include potential pulls for EXP turtles and the like, ala Brave Frontier's Honor Summon events?

Thanks!

Yeah there are supposed to be FP events so i would just save them for now.

So is everyone just focusing on one team right now or building multiple ones? I tried to make the gold grinding this weekend less boring by trying some new combinations and ended up with pretty decent INT/PSY teams and average Fighter/QCK/DEX teams. My Vivi team also doubles as a perfect slasher team but I lack the captain for it. Some of the gacha crap I pulled turned up not so crappy when paired with the right units.

bjork

So is everyone just focusing on one team right now or building multiple ones? I tried to make the gold grinding this weekend less boring by trying some new combinations and ended up with pretty decent INT/PSY teams and average Fighter/QCK/DEX teams. My Vivi team also doubles as a perfect slasher team but I lack the captain for it. Some of the gacha crap I pulled turned up not so crappy when paired with the right units.

I'm thinking I want a team for each color, then a team of slashers and a team of fighters. I would go for a team of shooters, but other than Usopp and the fodder guys, I'm not sure who there is. I managed to get that grey-dreadlock dude as a drop this morning and he seems like he'd be okay as a fill-in, but I would love a team with guys like Benn Beckman and Yasopp.

Kyou

It's hilarious how as soon as you set a good captain you are suddenly the most popular girl at the dance with friend requests.

Also I beat that elite training stage finally. Yay!

It's hilarious how as soon as you set a good captain you are suddenly the most popular girl at the dance with friend requests.

Well... yeah? A friend request doesn't mean "I want you as a friend", it means "I could use the power of your captain and you'll get a few (currently useless) FP's in return". I only add Enraged Arlongs as friends nowadays; my friend list is long full and I have far too many Luffys in there.

Perona

Welp, I just learned/realized that you can switch targets in-between individual attacks. Always thought you were locked in once you started attacking (which was annoying because the auto-targeting really sucks sometimes).

Welp, I just learned/realized that you can switch targets in-between individual attacks. Always thought you were locked in once you started attacking (which was annoying because the auto-targeting really sucks sometimes).

Yeah, you can. It's risky though. I've mishit before (since you only have a second before you need to hit your next character), and it could just mess up your timing in general.

I wish you could not only select your target manually, but manually set your second target ahead of time. Alas.

cheetadaze2000

Neo Member
Looking for some Captain Zeff friends, haven't seen a single one come up randomly yet. Running Zeff mainly myself (other than when messing around with farming easy stuff), friend ID 093,954,387 (decent amount of slots still open).

I guess I'm one of the lucky ones that snagged Zeff pretty quickly, although maybe that's offset by some bad gacha pulls (multiple cabin boy Coby's, really!?!).

IIRC the game tells you this in the tutorial, no? I'm 99% sure that it says it in the post-battle tips though.

Yeah, you can. It's risky though. I've mishit before (since you only have a second before you need to hit your next character), and it could just mess up your timing in general.

I wish you could not only select your target manually, but manually set your second target ahead of time. Alas.

Yeah definitely. If you know you're going to have to make a switch, you're going to have th plan ahead, and accept that you may not get a perfect hit when switching targets. Also, when you switch targets, the game gets mad at you and will next auto-select the person with the longest time left (because it thinks you're targeting strong opponents or something), so if you're facing a whole bunch of enemies and you switch manually once, get ready to have to do it again.

RalchAC

Looking for some Captain Zeff friends, haven't seen a single one come up randomly yet. Running Zeff mainly myself (other than when messing around with farming easy stuff), friend ID 093,954,387 (decent amount of slots still open).

I guess I'm one of the lucky ones that snagged Zeff pretty quickly, although maybe that's offset by some bad gacha pulls (multiple cabin boy Coby's, really!?!).

Oh, I'll add you. Zeff lvl 30 here! If you quote de Ot you'll get a link at the bottom. It's a list with all the GAF players and their leaders are listed too.

chrono01

I'd add you, but my Friend List is full at the moment [44/44]. :(

I keep seeing the GAF list growing as each day passes [which is a great thing], but it's a little frustrating realizing that I won't have enough slots to add you all.

Ferga

Holy moly. Been farming 5 days for the yellow crab to evolve usopp (didn't even get it on crab day)

Drop rates please...

10991544_942098292481478_4954558797560062661_o.jpg

my curent team

vivi captain
luffy
god usopp
zoro
sanji

working on upgrading my nami, sanji, zoro and second evolved usopp

icechai

My focus is based on drops/pulls. I re-rolled until Shanks and started a PSY team while leveling up our main heroes on the side. First in game pull after a few days was Mr. 2, so now I basically am just missing 1 person for a great psy team (using psy dragon for now).

2 days ago I pulled Enraged Arlong. Hello instant Slasher team (Enraged Arlong, Zoro, Buggy, Shanks, Usopp)! Farming Kuro now to replace Buggy. Ugh the grind. After that will be grinding for Zeff to make a Fighting team.

Holy moly. Been farming 5 days for the yellow crab to evolve usopp (didn't even get it on crab day)

Drop rates please...

Found that crab event Fridays to be the best drop rate. Got 2 of each, and that's me never having any crabs before.

my curent team

vivi captain
luffy
god usopp
zoro
sanji

working on upgrading my nami, sanji, zoro and second evolved usopp

What kind of friend Captain do you even choose with a team like that? I get that it's a Tandem team but it's still not that good when you can make better focused combinations, like:

1. Vivi Slashers: Vivi (Captain) + Usopp + Zoro + Shanks + Buggy (or Kuro, but Buggy is much easier to evolve and more future proof) + Arlong friend
  2. Vivi PSY: Vivi (Captain) + Shanks + BP Chopper + Mr2 + Usopp + friend Shanks
  3. PSY team: swap Vivi and Shanks in 2

For 2 and 3, the strategy is to use Chopper's special followed by Mr 2's to get an extra x2 damage on 3 characters.

My focus is based on drops/pulls. I re-rolled until Shanks and started a PSY team while leveling up our main heroes on the side. First in game pull after a few days was Mr. 2, so now I basically am just missing 1 person for a great psy team (using psy dragon for now).

2 days ago I pulled Enraged Arlong. Hello instant Slasher team (Enraged Arlong, Zoro, Buggy, Shanks, Usopp)! Farming Kuro now to replace Buggy. Ugh the grind. After that will be grinding for Zeff to make a Fighting team.

Kuro's event is coming in two weeks so it's probably not worth it to farm it now, you should waste your stamina on Zeff instead. Plus he evolves at Lv 70 so the blue turtles you'll get from his island will help to level him up faster.

What kind of friend Captain do you even choose with a team like that? I get that it's a Tandem team but it's still not that good when you can make better focused combinations, like:

1. Vivi Slashers: Vivi (Captain) + Usopp + Zoro + Shanks + Buggy (or Kuro, but Buggy is much easier to evolve and more future proof) + Arlong friend
  2. Vivi PSY: Vivi (Captain) + Shanks + BP Chopper + Mr2 + Usopp + friend Shanks
  3. PSY team: swap Vivi and Shanks in 2

For 2 and 3, the strategy is to use Chopper's special followed by Mr 2's to get an extra x2 damage on 3 characters.

Kuro's event is coming in two weeks so it's probably not worth it to farm it now, you should waste your stamina on Zeff instead. Plus he evolves at Lv 70 so the blue turtles you'll get from his island will help to level him up faster.

normally a arlong or a ashura zoro (i know its not ideal currently just working on getting characters i guess) though i am able to get through the elite buggy stage and almost to the ned of the no stamina stage

icechai

Ahhh thanks for the tip. I'll just farm Zeff then, and some event turtles after :D

TheAdamKarl

Neo Member
Finally got to start after a week of rolling. Got a Robin. Running an intended team. Got super lucky and got a Buggy first time through his rookie island.

Any tips for when you fight the sea cow in Arlong Park?

Also, looking for Buggy/Nami friends.

kubus

Arghhhh still can't beat Elite Buggy. I take too much damage during the early rounds and then get killed by normal mobs at stage 6/7 (not the OHKO guy, I always take care of him first)

Tried it with:

Enraged Arlong
Evolved Zoro
Kuro
Evolved Buggy
(FC) Golden Pound Usopp

I am incredibly unlucky with RCV drops :(. At the beginning when I have Full HP I'm spammed with them when I don't need them but once I take damage they simply stop appearing.

Hope Buggy sticks around a bit longer, I want his rainbow gem!

RalchAC

Arghhhh still can't beat Elite Buggy. I take too much damage during the early rounds and then get killed by normal mobs at stage 6/7 (not the OHKO guy, I always take care of him first)

Tried it with:

Enraged Arlong
Evolved Zoro
Kuro
Evolved Buggy
(FC) Golden Pound Usopp

I am incredibly unlucky with RCV drops :(. At the beginning when I have Full HP I'm spammed with them when I don't need them but once I take damage they simply stop appearing.

You are paying attention to the enemy with the skull, right?

If you have problems staying alive you could use a unit with a healing skill too, somebody like Chopper. Plus in wave 6 there is a crab where you can waste turns in order to charge your skills.

It's nice if you have a character you can use to heal yourself.

Are you using another Arlong as your partner? That 4x ATK bonus should be quite noticeable.

kubus

^ Did you try teaming up with a friend Vivi? She'll heal you 700 - 900 HP every turn depending on her level.
Weird you should be able to clear Buggy with this team...hmmm.
You are paying attention to the enemy with the skull, right?

If you have problems staying alive you could use a unit with a healing skill too, somebody like Chopper. Plus in wave 6 there is a crab where you can waste turns in order to charge your skills.

It's nice if you have a character you can use to heal yourself.

Are you using another Arlong as your partner? That 4x ATK bonus should be quite noticeable.

I'll try a healing friend captain next time, though I rarely see Vivi pop up in the select friend screen.

I've already tried it with an extra Enraged Arlong as friend captain too, but I got killed at the final stage because Buggy has too many mobs around him eating away my turns. By the time I get to him he is about to attack and he kills me. So I tried a Golden Pound Usopp friend captain aproach so I could stall him, but got killed in earlier rounds :p.

I haven't tried it that many times though (stupid stamina refill taking ages), I'm sure I can beat him with a bit of luck next time. Just need to get lucky with RCV drops too :p

cw_sasuke

Oh Usopp was you friend leader I thought he was you own sub. Yeah you need Double Arlong leaders and Usopp as your sub.

At this point I just expect everyone to have Golden Pound Usopp or at least working on getting him... He is essential for every team.

Tried it with:

Enraged Arlong
Evolved Zoro
Kuro
Evolved Buggy
(FC) Golden Pound Usopp

You should be able to do it with that team and double Arlong. You shouldn't really get hit much at all.

Remember to not get sloppy.
- Manually select enemies that will attack next turn.
- Don't just attack with your crew in any order. Match color, and end with a strong finisher.
- Drag the time out on the crab so that your abilities are charged when you meet buggy.
- Get perfects!

With your team and dual Arlong this should not be an issue, really. If you can get the crossbowguy (the OHKO guy), then you should be able to do Buggy without even using Usopp, although he really helps. Of course, save all special attacks for the boss battle.

RalchAC

I'll try a healing friend captain next time, though I rarely see Vivi pop up in the select friend screen.

I've already tried it with an extra Enraged Arlong as friend captain too, but I got killed at the final stage because Buggy has too many mobs around him eating away my turns. By the time I get to him he is about to attack and he kills me. So I tried a Golden Pound Usopp friend captain aproach so I could stall him, but got killed in earlier rounds :p.

I haven't tried it that many times though (stupid stamina refill taking ages), I'm sure I can beat him with a bit of luck next time. Just need to get lucky with RCV drops too :p

Oooh. That explains everything. I thought Golden Ussop wasn't a Friend Captain but your own character. As @cw_sasuke has said, you should focus on evolving the Ussop you got at the end of the Syrup Village into its crab form. Level him up, farm the materials, evolve him, get a second Arlong as the Friend Captain. Even if your God Ussop is at a low level it doesn't matter. Mine doesn't deal that much damage (dual Zeff build here) but his utility makes up for every single flaw it may have.

bjork

Today I had the "I just need to come back in about an hour, then I'll have the stamina to do a run that'll level me up" thing happen... then I fell asleep. I hate to waste stamina, even if it's free.

HawthorneKitty

Sgt. 2nd Class in the Creep Battalion, Waifu Wars
Today I had the "I just need to come back in about an hour, then I'll have the stamina to do a run that'll level me up" thing happen... then I fell asleep. I hate to waste stamina, even if it's free.
Haha, I hate that. I'm just a couple 10 min increments away and I fall asleep, wake up and calculate which lame stages I can do to spend stamina before the level up.

bjork

Haha, I hate that. I'm just a couple 10 min increments away and I fall asleep, wake up and calculate which lame stages I can do to spend stamina before the level up.

I used it on Zeff runs, it let me do four and so I only wasted about half my bar. Still no Zeff, though, heh.

I remember doing that as well, but now I'm already getting tired of the game ;b Booted it up just to get my free gem, and even though I have full stamina I just shut it off. Will be back for Lougetown and Alvida event though, but I'm not gonna be grinding any longer.

kubus

Oh Usopp was you friend leader I thought he was you own sub. Yeah you need Double Arlong leaders and Usopp as your sub.

At this point I just expect everyone to have Golden Pound Usopp or at least working on getting him... He is essential for every team.
You should be able to do it with that team and double Arlong. You shouldn't really get hit much at all.
Oooh. That explains everything. I thought Golden Ussop wasn't a Friend Captain but your own character. As @cw_sasuke has said, you should focus on evolving the Ussop you got at the end of the Syrup Village into its crab form. Level him up, farm the materials, evolve him, get a second Arlong as the Friend Captain. Even if your God Ussop is at a low level it doesn't matter. Mine doesn't deal that much damage (dual Zeff build here) but his utility makes up for every single flaw it may have.
Thanks for the advice everyone. Yeah I'm trying to get God Usopp but I still need a seahorse and crab. Working on that, but they don't want to drop :p. Once I have those I can evolve Usopp right away because he's already max level. I think if I can get Usopp evolved, and then use dual Arlong, I think I can beat him.

bjork

I remember doing that as well, but now I'm already getting tired of the game ;b Booted it up just to get my free gem, and even though I have full stamina I just shut it off. Will be back for Lougetown and Alvida event though, but I'm not gonna be grinding any longer.

I think I'm gonna be sticking with it for awhile. It's good during a break at work or right before bed or something, and I haven't hit a wall yet. Maybe I'll ease off once my guys are maxed, but for now I'm still enjoying.

Thanks for the advice everyone. Yeah I'm trying to get God Usopp but I still need a seahorse and crab. Working on that, but they don't want to drop :p. Once I have those I can evolve Usopp right away because he's already max level. I think if I can get Usopp evolved, and then use dual Arlong, I think I can beat him.

I had a ton of trouble getting the crab to drop for Usopp, too. I think I was doing Arlong 7 over and over. Maybe about 30 runs or so before it finally came.

N30RYU

Did anyone here got Arlong on "Arlong Park 15"? ~80 tries with no fucking luck...

Anyone knows if you get another tittle when beating him 100 times like the "Greatest Evil" for killing him 50?

cw_sasuke

Did anyone here got Arlong on "Arlong Park 15"? ~80 tries with no fucking luck...

Anyone knows if you get another tittle when beating him 100 times like the "Greatest Evil" for killing him 50?

Yeah its just based on luck - might take you +100 attempts or you can get it on your first try. I farmed Zeff and Arlong and got the, but with Kuro i just had no luck.

I think you can get only one extra Title from the final stage of an arc.

Also you should farm him on stage 14 since the stage is shorter and costs less stamina.

Hi all, new player here.

My ID is 015,643,027

I rolled 2 4* units:

Mr 5 ( 4*, evolved?)
c0200.jpg

Miss Valentine (4*, evolved?)
c0202.jpg

Are these good or it will be better to reroll?

RalchAC

Tomorrow is Seahorse day. You get an extra island where you'd easily see them drop.

Thursday is and Friday is Shell/Crab day.

I'd recommend you to spend your Stamina in something else (that can't be easily farmed on special days). Like Zeff or Veteran Buggy, which should be quite easy with your current build.

StMeph

Am I better off continue to clear Story mode or continuing to farm Veteran Buggy? I can't do Elite yet, but the event is over soon.

cw_sasuke

Am I better off continue to clear Story mode or continuing to farm Veteran Buggy? I can't do Elite yet, but the event is over soon.

How far along are you in the story mode ? We will get a new Story Island with Logue Town tomorrow where you can get Smoker, Pirate Penguins etc. so you might wanna be ready for that.

Its your call, its not like you are missing much anyway at this point. I always try to finish the regular story missions before doing events etc. Do you already have all units that can be farmed from the Buggy Island ?

Top Bottom