• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

One Piece Treasure Cruise |OT| Golden Hammer ---God--- Usopp

Vecks

Yeah, since we get Pirate Penguins next weeks you dont need to do the crap evolution anymore since you are wasting around 250k exp using the crap evo.

I am so regretting going for the crab evo for everybody. I am nowhere near maxing any of these guys.

pLow7

I have no Ideaa what to do and who to play.

Anyone might help build a Team with this?

Ruffy,
Zorro,
Normal Chopper,
Alvida,
Smoker,
Buggy

I've got 10 gems, don't want to waste them.

I pulled Nico Robin today, gave her the 85k exp Turtle.

Any Help making a team?

Kitoro

Screenshot_2015_02_28_13_16_07.png

My Slasher Crew so far. Very happy with my team right now. I'm banking all my gems for the next big thing, which seems like it won't be anytime soon.

Salex_

Damn...are Pirate Penguins hard to get? The way it was worded on the wiki FAQ made it seem like it was. I evolved my other Zoro using the crab and fused my lvl 30 Santoryu Zoro into it 2 days ago. I have a feeling I'm going to regret that.

It's crazy to hear people trying 50+ times to get Zeff when I got him on my second try. So glad I got him. I went from not being able to clear buggy elite to being able to consistently beat it with Zeff + Zeff friend.

EDIT: Yeah, I know Pirate Penguins will be available when Loguetown is up next week, but will they be hard to get (drop rates)?

Kyou

Damn...are Pirate Penguins hard to get? The way it was worded on the wiki FAQ made it seem like it was. I evolved my other Zoro using the crab and fused my lvl 30 Santoryu Zoro into it 2 days ago. I have a feeling I'm going to regret that.

It's crazy to hear people trying 50+ times to get Zeff when I got him on my second try. So glad I got him. I went from not being able to clear buggy elite to being able to consistently beat it with Zeff + Zeff friend.

Pirate Penguins will start being available when Loguetown goes up, I think

chrono01

While Pirate Penguins will be obtainable when Loguetown opens up [as drops from normal stages], there's no telling how common they might be. It could be akin to getting the big XP turtles to drop, and we all know how painful that is [special event islands not included]. >_<

I don't regret evolving my Sanji/Zoro to their alternate evolution forms. Obviously, it's the preferred choice for Usopp [for that Special Ability], where he will forever remain. Sorry, no final evolution for you!

RalchAC

I pulled Nico Robin today, gave her the 85k exp Turtle.

Any Help making a team?

I dunno. You could try to make a Purple team with Buggy, Robin, Chopper and Nami (you get her after finishing Arlong Park). Do you have an Ussop, right? Leveling him and evolving him into Golden Pound Ussop is important too.

You could make a Brawler team, using Luffy, Chopper, Sanji and Zeff + Golden Hammer Ussop. You get Sanji after finishing Baratie stage.

But you'd have to farm Zeff for making that team.

Still, I don't think you really need to have a team with really good synergies until you get to the latest stages of Arlong Park. Just level them up when the fodder you get, hope that some interesting card will drop and enjoy. You won't hit a difficulty spike until the last two chapters of Arlong Park.

I am so regretting going for the crab evo for everybody. I am nowhere near maxing any of these guys.

I have my Zoro and Sanji at around level 25. Not really worried, but I think I'll feel your pain once I start getting them to level 35+.

I still like having Cook Sanji + Purple Chopper in my party. They deal more than enough damage (considering I play with those juicy Zeff bonuses) and I know that I have their healing skills to save me from a tough moment.

Plus pirate penguins don't drop on the Extra Island, and with my luck I may need 50 tries before I get them. So no worries :p

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free

Yeah it worked out fine for me because i knew i could level more characters going the no crab route and that once i got Luffy/Zorro/Sanji to around Lvl 35 that Logue Town would probably be released.

Especially at this point were getting exp isnt easy just cant justify spending so much on those units if you dont need the specific active skill like with Golden God Usopp.
While Pirate Penguins will be obtainable when Loguetown opens up [as drops from normal stages], there's no telling how common they might be. It could be akin to getting the big XP turtles to drop, and we all know how painful that is [special event islands not included]. >_<

I don't regret evolving my Sanji/Zoro to their alternate evolution forms. Obviously, it's the preferred choice for Usopp [for that Special Ability], where he will forever remain. Sorry, no final evolution for you!

I expect them to be as rare as the normal penguins in the stages before - even there depending on your luck you needed like a dozen tries before they would drop. But at least we are getting them....we need 2 Blue Pirate Penguins for Ace as well.

I have my Zoro and Sanji at around level 25. Not really worried, but I think I'll feel your pain once I start getting them to level 35+.

Don't look at levels but at the total amount of EXP they have now to see how far you are. If we take Sanji as an example, the non-crab evo needs 136k EXP while the crab one needs 392k.

chrono01

Yeah it worked out fine for me because i knew i could level more characters going the no crab route and that once i got Luffy/Zorro/Sanji to around Lvl 35 that Logue Town would probably be released.

Especially at this point were getting exp isnt easy just cant justify spending so much on those units if you dont need the specific active skill like with Golden God Usopp.

I expect them to be as rare as the normal penguins in the stages before - even there depending on your luck you needed like a dozen tries before they would drop. But at least we are getting them....we need 2 Blue Pirate Penguins for Ace as well.
Yeah, really not looking forward to that. >_<

I also need a regular Crystal Penguin. I should have run the daily for one, but I wanted to farm Buggy as much as I could.

Oh well, next week!

cw_sasuke

Don't look at levels but at the total amount of EXP they have now to see how far you are. If we take Sanji as an example, the non-crab evo needs 136k EXP while the crab one needs 392k.

Yeah and of course the leveling up gets also more expensive when you hit those +40s.
Yeah, really not looking forward to that. >_<

I also need a regular Crystal Penguin. I should have run the daily for one, but I wanted to farm Buggy as much as I could.

Oh well, next week!

Need that Crystal Penguin as well...for some reason i feel getting this one could take a while xD

I am still far away from Lvl 70 anyway...it gets so expensive at some point. Probably wont get there until we get to the Kuro event if blue turtles drop there, which im guessing.

pLow7

I dunno. You could try to make a Purple team with Buggy, Robin, Chopper and Nami (you get her after finishing Arlong Park). Do you have an Ussop, right? Leveling him and evolving him into Golden Pound Ussop is important too.

You could make a Brawler team, using Luffy, Chopper, Sanji and Zeff + Golden Hammer Ussop. You get Sanji after finishing Baratie stage.

But you'd have to farm Zeff for making that team.

Still, I don't think you really need to have a team with really good synergies until you get to the latest stages of Arlong Park. Just level them up when the fodder you get, hope that some interesting card will drop and enjoy. You won't hit a difficulty spike until the last two chapters of Arlong Park.

Thank you! I figured that right now i don't really need a special team. Still, didn't want to spent too much time on leveling a Char i won't use in the future.

I had 2 cristal pinguins in my Arlong account that I deleted. ;_;

But you Ace people are lucky since Kuro will bring blue turtles. My Vivi/Shanks combo will be a pain with no PSY boss in sight. I really don't think I'll be able to level up Vivi to 70, evolve her then get her to 70 again before Mihawk's event.

Zero_IYAD

I need some help..
I can't clear the last stage in Arlong Park nor Elite Buggy

This is the team I run:

tumblr_nki8b0b60S1srgzyyo1_540.jpg

& here's my box:

tumblr_nki8bd6XGi1srgzyyo1_540.jpg

I tried teaming up with Ace/Vivi friends but it's not working.
& the lack of EXP fooders -turtles- isn't helping.
Need advice to progress in this game :(

cw_sasuke

You need to crab evolve Usopp to his Golden Usopp version ( very important) and farm Zeff for his 2.5x Atk Leaderskill. As the OP suggests Golden Pound Hammer Usopp is God Tier and makes boss battles much easier with his 3 turn stall and you Zeff give you enough power OHKO most enemies/waves.

Zeff/Luffy/Ace/Sanji/Usopp - Friend Zeff

That how i run Elite Buggy as well - with no problems.

You probably can also run an Arlong team with Usopp sub and teaming up with a high evolved Arlong friend.

Try using Vivi/Kuro/Zoro/Usopp/Buggy. I run a pretty similar team (swap Kuro with Shanks and evolve Usopp/Zoro) and it's a great combination. For a friend, choose the highest lvl Enraged Arlong available. Arlong is a PERFECT match for such team since:

• his high HP will cover for you low leveled characters so that Arlong can't kill you in one hit
  • His high attack will make things a bit faster (it's still gonna be kinda slow, like every Vivi fight)
  • Vivi, Kuro, Zoro, Buggy and Arlong are all slashers so they'll profit from a nice 2x ATK boost

In the pre-boss levels, always leave 1 or 2 mobs alive and stall for turns by only attacking with Usopp (to get your specials ready). For the boss battle, use Usopp's special followed by Arlong's special on Hachi and then kill them in this order: Hachi -> Kuroobi -> Arlong.

As long as your team has enough HP to survive one hit by Arlong you should be fine. If not then take note of the damage he does and level up your team until you get there.

For fodder just farm the last Arlong stage you can manage.

KumaJG

Thanks did that and tossed 1 black turtle and now my Sanji Poèle a Fire is at level 16. Now to farm Zeff for the next days or so :D. Tossed Buggy away from party. Ace is leading so long as I get Zeff, then I remove Luffy from party or TTC?

Once you get Zeff, Buggy leaves the party. Luffy,Ace,Zeff are the main damage dealer with Sanji and God Usopp for utility.

cw_sasuke

Your Arlong would double the attack on your Kuro, Arlong, and Zoro. Better than just an Ace with 1.5 on Kuro, I'd say.
Ace doubles the attack of QCK types as well and he has Sanji and Kuro. But Arlong still makes sense because of his hight atk. stats.

Limit

So they may wait a month and a half after the release of the BW batch to release more rare gacha units? That's crazy, especially considering the BW batch is all crap save for one.

On the positive side the next batch of gatcha rares features a unit with one of the highest damage output in the game, japanese version included. At least it looks that way to me after quickly browsing over all the prominent units currently present in the Japanese version.

Hoarding all my gems unitl Luffy gear 3 arrives.

linkent

Finally evolve my Zoro to Asura!
That animation! That damage! That cooldown! :(

I regret choosing the Crab evolution at first.
But not anymore. The amount of Stamina to farm those Pirate Penguin can be really bad due to RNG.

Will be losing alot of Pirate Experience due to farming pirate penguin instead of special event.

Kuro's damage is really low without his evolve form. Dont think i will evolve him due to lvl 70 requirement.

RalchAC

Guys, is it worth to level up Zeff until level 50? Or should I just use my fodder and especially turtles in other characters that have more evolutions like Sanji?

I have him at level 30. But since he doesn't evolve, I guess he wouldn't get a big boost in stats.

My Fighter team has Ev Luffy (MAX), Cook Sanji (29), Purple Chopper (28), God Ussop (20) and Zeff (30).

I don't care about leveling Ussop much since he is in the team for utility, not damage output.

:OOOOOOO

Oh snap, Zeff dropped and took way less effort than trying to get Kuro.

I guess I just need to somehow get exp and evo mats now, somewhere.

Congrats!

It seems karma didn't want you to suffer as much as before :p

Usopp suckssssss

Yeah, if he wasn't as good in the game I'd definitely hate him lol. I've failed the upgrade 4 times in a row. 4!

Ace doubles the attack of QCK types as well and he has Sanji and Kuro. But Arlong still makes sense because of his hight atk. stats.

Wouldn't be better for him a Arlong team? He already has Kuro, Zoro and Evolved Buggy. If he evolves Ussop and Zoro he would have a quite good team.

That way he'd be able to avoid the suffering of farming Zeff. :p

chrono01

Guys, is it worth to level up Zeff until level 50? Or should I just use my fodder and especially turtles in other characters that have more evolutions like Sanji?

I have him at level 30. But since he doesn't evolve, I guess he wouldn't get a big boost in stats.

My Fighter team has Ev Luffy (MAX), Cook Sanji (29), Purple Chopper (28), God Ussop (20) and Zeff (30).
I'm leveling mine, but it's starting to get really expensive for something I'll rarely use in the future. I believe I'm at...Level 42, if my memory is correct. I might just let him sit there, at least until I've leveled all of my other units and have no use for the higher XP turtles.

Rixa

Hmm took under 20 tries to get Zeff.

Now my party is:
Zeff (Cpt)
Ace lvl 27
Luffy 20 max (need red penquin)
Sanji (non crab version) lvl 16
Usopp GP lvl 18

While farming Zeff I got Carne 2*, is he exp or what to do with him, selling gives only 100 money.

And to what level I should raise Zeff 30 or is less levels enough?

RalchAC

Hmm took under 20 tries to get Zeff.

Now my party is:
Zeff (Cpt)
Ace lvl 27
Luffy 20 max (need red penquin)
Sanji (non crab version) lvl 16
Usopp GP lvl 18

While farming Zeff I got Carne 2*, is he exp or what to do with him, selling gives only 100 money.

And to what level I should raise Zeff 30 or is less levels enough?

Carne is fodder. Or selling material, because it doesn't even give much exp. Since I needed like 3x as many tries as you to get Zeff, I got a lot of those suckers, so I feed them with themselves to level them up before using them to Power Up my party members.

At level 1 they give really little EXP. Not worth your money IMO.

Tidd

Man, the drop rates in this game are terrible <.< I'm trying to farm Zeff and Arlong but no luck so far. Ironically I got Kuro while I did the story.

My party + other characters:

Any tips to improve this without using rare recruit?

And I want Towel Nami!!!

cw_sasuke

Tidd,

i dont if it worth using Guymon considering his weak ATK. Yeah HP and active skill can be useful but i would rather put in a stronger non Heart unit in like Luffy/Zoro or Kuro depending on the stage and boss. Especially Zoro and his active are nice to clear a whole stage attacking every enemy.

^You can farm Arlong for a slasher team.

Well he just wrote that he is farming Zeff and Arlong right now xD
Wouldn't be better for him a Arlong team? He already has Kuro, Zoro and Evolved Buggy. If he evolves Ussop and Zoro he would have a quite good team.

That way he'd be able to avoid the suffering of farming Zeff. :p

I agree, was just pointing out that Ace boosts ATK by 2x not just 1.5 ATK. Zeff and Arlong Teams are the way to go for this event - well or you are lucky and have a Shanks/Heart Team.

Man, I wish every time I hit up the elite Buggy stage I get the string that doesn't have the damn crab. Makes farming take so long..

Speaking of, damn does getting exp fodder become such a chore for higher levels. Even turtles are starting to not make a dent anymore. (And I only get them like, once every other battle. If I'm lucky I'll get a big gold turtle but I almost prefer running into the smaller ones because there's more of a chance of grabbing one.)

Ah well..I'm gonna push Buggy to max since he's pretty decent stat wise, and I figure I could make a INT team in the future.

Zero_IYAD

Thanks for the advice everyone : )

Added Blue Dragon to my team lead by Ace & managed to take down Arlong & Elite Buggy with a Vivi partner.

Working on evolving Sanji & Usopp for now ^_^

cw_sasuke

It looks like I lost 4-5 friends last night. That's what I get for ending the day with a Miss Valentines team ...

You probably have more than enough invites anyway with Shanks, Vivi etc - i dont think i have all Gaffers added yet either.

They've deleted you for that reason? Damn, that's quite brutal.

Not really if they weren't Gaffers - random will drop you for the most random reasons. If i need space to add another friend i will just drop one non-gaffer that doesnt lead with a unit i use.

bjork

Here's my current crop of dudes

The team I'm using is Arlong/Buggy/Zoro/Usopp/Django, but since I evolved Nami yesterday, I want to put together a team she can captain. Gonna evolve that Vivi as well, not sure other than that. But I'm still having fun, and that's the main thing.

Top Bottom