• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

One Piece Treasure Cruise |OT| Golden Hammer ---God--- Usopp

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
Do you get the same arlong on 14 and 15? Since the Arlong in 15 is evolved.

Yeah, drop is always the base version. Always. They want you to use the Gacha pull to get evolved versions asap without work to evolve them.

cw_sasuke

Shit. My dual Zeff team is not useful here?. Will give it a try anyway, to see how it goes but if it doesn't work I'll have to farm Arlong.

If you have a QCK character with 300+ ATK and all the stars align you can break her 17,300 defence:

300 x 6.25 (2x Zeff) x 2 (QCK -> STR) x 2 (QCK orb) x 2.5 (5 PERFECTs bonus) = 18,750

RalchAC

If you have a QCK character with 300+ ATK and all the stars align you can break her 17,300 defence:

300 x 6.25 (2x Zeff) x 2 (QCK -> STR) x 2 (QCK orb) x 2.5 (5 PERFECTs bonus) = 18,750

So I guess I'll start farming him tonight. Hopefully it won't take as long as Zeff.

I need to level up Kuro and Tashigi too.

Salex_

So I can't decide on who to level now. Any suggestions?
Dsj4vLi.png
And should I use the skillbooks on Luffy or level other characters? I think I used 3-4 on him and none of them worked.

cw_sasuke

So I can't decide on who to level now. Any suggestions?

And should I use the skillbooks on Luffy or level other characters? I think I used 3-4 on him and none of them worked.
Can you evolve this Chopper into Brainpoint Chopper for you Buggy/Knowledge team? And also evolve Nami for the Knowledge team.

Otherwise aiming for Asura Zoro should also be a goal.

I don't think I ever told you guys this, but when I first started the game I pulled Smoker and Don Kreig both with my first couple of extra rare pulls. I knew better than to get rid of them, but, after reading about how good Slasher teams were, I decided I didn't need them and just combined them into my Arlong.

I'm so stupid...

cw_sasuke

Ouch... Yeah Don Krieg and especially Smoker will be missed. Smoker is perfect if you are running a Asura Zoro team.

But then again the game is new... Mistakes will be made, I used a bunch of Colas on upgrading the first ship because I didn't know how good Merry will be lol.

bjork

So... evolved units never drop, that even counts for special islands, right? I have a fat Alvida already, but I wouldn't mind grabbing a few more for the same character bonus.

Also, what's the max for a character's special level? I've only managed to get it to special level 2, and for dudes like Buggy and Cabaji I've combined the same character like 20x.

cw_sasuke

So... evolved units never drop, that even counts for special islands, right? I have a fat Alvida already, but I wouldn't mind grabbing a few more for the same character bonus.

Also, what's the max for a character's special level? I've only managed to get it to special level 2, and for dudes like Buggy and Cabaji I've combined the same character like 20x.
I would assume that the max S.Lvl is different for every skill, at least if it's like in other games of this type.

Just be aware that the special level bonus will be erased on Alvida once you evolve her. Kinda sucks...

Salex_

I'd probably evolve that Nami and then uses those to level her a few early levels quickly.

Can you evolve this Chopper into Brainpoint Chopper for you Buggy/Knowledge team? And also evolve Nami for the Knowledge team.

Otherwise aiming for Asura Zoro should also be a goal.

Yeah, I can evolve Nami and Chopper now. Not sure which route to go for Nami though since Pirate Penguins are coming tomorrow. I haven't heard anything about the drop rates.

Each skill is different like cw_sasuke said. I MAX'd Cabaji's and Buggy's. For Cabaji the MAX is 5 (15 -> 10) while for Buggy it's 7 (15 -> 8).

Edit: Nah Buggy's base is 13, so 5 as well.

Rurunaki

It's 5.. so the max is to reduce the turns by 5.

cw_sasuke

Nice, so some of you max skilled Buggy ? I didnt get that many drops of him wont make it, Cabaji...well i feed him to Zeff/Zoro when i got him xD

Yeah, I can evolve Nami and Chopper now. Not sure which route to go for Nami though since Pirate Penguins are coming tomorrow. I haven't heard anything about the drop rates.

Go for the evo without crabs first - getting Nami to lvl 35 and to her final evo is faster this way. I regret chosing her max lvl 50 evo since i didnt use the active skill on Buggy anyway.

Edit:

Or i probably could have max skill Buggy if i hadnt spent + 500 stamina on getting Kuro lol. Once his Event Island drops i will beat the shit outta him as a payback xD

Edit:

Or i probably could have max skill Buggy if i hadnt spent + 500 stamina on getting Kuro lol. Once his Event Island drops i will beat the shit outta him as a payback xD

I've done almost nothing but exclusively farm the Elite Buggy stage since it came out and I still only got 2 special level ups on my Buggy. =(

cw_sasuke

Ah well thats true as well - never underestimate the RNG Gods
EWmof.gif

I have Luffy, Sanji and Zoro now at lvl 35 just waiting for the Pirate Penguins. Zoro and Luffy evolutions are no brainer, for Sanji i will have to see if i need his skill to get through Alvidas defense...might delay his evo for a bit if its needed.

cw_sasuke

Just evolved my Arlong finally. Took a lot of turtle farming from the Buggy stage to evolve him and Zoro.

I will try to level and evolve him with the xp turtles we get from Alvidas Island.

Majukun

Ah well thats true as well - never underestimate the RNG Gods
EWmof.gif

I have Luffy, Sanji and Zoro now at lvl 35 just waiting for the Pirate Penguins. Zoro and Luffy evolutions are no brainer, for Sanji i will have to see if i need his skill to get through Alvidas defense...might delay his evo for a bit if its needed.
For Alvida I have my frightening helmeppo that destroys all Shields for one turn :p

bjork

Quick question, is powering up your characters the only way of leveling them up? Thanks.

Their stats increase when they level, but the only other time their stats are affected are by captain abilities in-fight and however the orbs align in-fight. Are you asking if there's a way to increase their stats without feeding them other characters?

chrono01

Alvida's guide is up: http://op-tc-eng-version.blogspot.com.au/2015/03/fortnight-island-alvidas-romance-whos.html

Coby
is the mini-boss, what a waste. :p

My team won't be able to break that defence though. I might have to farm a helmeppo. :S
Time to use my Ace again!

I still need better QCK members, though. I have Ace, Sanji, and Gin. Usopp, will of course be in there. That leaves one more slot. Ideally I'd like Tashigi and Kuro [who would replace Gin], but I have neither and even if I were lucky and got Tashigi as a drop, I'd have to level her up before I could use her. :(

Time to use my Ace again!

I still need better QCK members, though. I have Ace, Sanji, and Gin. Usopp, will of course be in there. That leaves one more slot. Ideally I'd like Tashigi and Kuro [who would replace Gin], but I have neither and even if I were lucky and got Tashigi as a drop, I'd have to level her up before I could use her. :(

Your best bet for now is a blue dragon I think, but a Zeff team with Ace/Sanji/Dragon and Ace friend would probably do enough damage if you finish your combo with a QCK character.

The units that require level 50/70 before becoming worthwhile are pretty depressing though, especially when you know that by the time you get there they might be outclassed by new units. I have a friend with a Lv 65 Shanks though, not sure how he's doing it but he went up 5 Lv. just today. oO

chrono01

Your best bet for now is a blue dragon I think, but a Zeff team with Ace/Sanji/Dragon and Ace friend would probably do enough damage if you finish your combo with a QCK character.

The units that require level 50/70 before becoming worthwhile are pretty depressing though, especially when you know that by the time you get there they might be outclassed by new units. I have a friend with a Lv 65 Shanks though, not sure how he's doing it but he went up 5 Lv. just today. oO
My Ace is around Level 65 [I believe, I'll have to check]. I've been shoving as many turtles down his throat as I can. :/

Nice idea for the blue dragon, I didn't think of that. Thanks!

Zhengi

Their stats increase when they level, but the only other time their stats are affected are by captain abilities in-fight and however the orbs align in-fight. Are you asking if there's a way to increase their stats without feeding them other characters?

Yeah, like can I earn experience points for them by doing quests or other activities besides feeding them characters?

Also, should I feed the same cards to the base card? Like I have two Luffys, should I feed one Luffy to the other?

I'd like to use my Helmeppo, but he procs in 25 turns...

That's what crabs and low HP/high def guys are for. I guess Arlong is the Sonic of One Piece, gotta go fast. :p
My Ace is around Level 65 [I believe, I'll have to check]. I've been shoving as many turtles down his throat as I can. :/

Nice idea for the blue dragon, I didn't think of that. Thanks!

Now that I took a look back, I dropped 400k EXP into 36 pound Zoro and 500 EXP into Buggy (couldn't resist giving him his clones and all the purple stuff).

Yeah, like can I earn experience points for them by doing quests or other activities besides feeding them characters?

Also, should I feed the same cards to the base card? Like I have two Luffys, should I feed one Luffy to the other?

You only power up units by fusing them. Using the same color gives you a 1.5x bonus.
You also get extra bonus for using the same character, so yes you should fuse them with themselves (unless you need to keep one of them unevolved or if the unit has multiple evolutions).

chrono01

Now that I took a look back, I dropped 400k EXP into 36 pound Zoro and 500 EXP into Buggy (couldn't resist giving him his clones and all the purple stuff).
I actually leveled my Buggy to 35 purely on feeding him the duplicates I received of him. Leveled his Skill to 5 too. I have a few more of him to feed, but I'm waiting until I have a full set of five. Hopefully that will push his skill even further.

Stider

I actually leveled my Buggy to 35 purely on feeding him the duplicates I received of him. Leveled his Skill to 5 too. I have a few more of him to feed, but I'm waiting until I have a full set of five. Hopefully that will push his skill even further.

Skill cap is level 5 I thought?

Nope, apparently it can go to 6. I believe, I could be wrong on that.

What's the cooldown of your Buggy's skill? Mine is 7 (S.Lv Max)
Actually, yeah I had a math-fail when I wrote this post:

Each skill is different like cw_sasuke said. I MAX'd Cabaji's and Buggy's. For Cabaji the MAX is 5 (15 -> 10) while for Buggy it's 7 (15 -> 8).

Edit: Nah Buggy's base is 13, so 5 as well.

His max S.Lv is 7.
S.Lv 1 = 13 turns
S.Lv 2 = 12 turns
S.Lv 3 = 11 turns
S.Lv 4 = 10 turns
S.Lv 5 = 9 turns
S.Lv 6 = 8 turns
S.Lv 7 = 7 turns

chrono01

What's the cooldown of your Buggy's skill? Mine is 7 (S.Lv Max)
Actually, yeah I had a math-fail when I wrote this post:

His max S.Lv is 7.
S.Lv 1 = 13 turns
S.Lv 2 = 12 turns
S.Lv 3 = 11 turns
S.Lv 4 = 10 turns
S.Lv 5 = 9 turns
S.Lv 6 = 8 turns
S.Lv 7 = 7 turns
Mine is only at Skill Level 5 [9 turns], so I guess I still have two more levels to go before he's max'd.

Not sure I'll make it. :(

Top Bottom