• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

One Piece Treasure Cruise |OT| Golden Hammer ---God--- Usopp

This is my Buggy btw if anyone still has doubts about the S.Lv > 5 thing: http://i.imgur.com/2QyStZd.jpg

Does anyone know if the Chopper skillbooks we'll get from Alvida's event will work on Brain Point Chopper? They have the same skill but with different names. If that's the case then my INT team will be frightening with a burst attack every 7-8 turns.

Edit: Yes it does. :D

Finally evolved my Arlong. So I've got:

Enraged Arlong
God Usopp
Kuro of a Hundred Plans (Evolved)
Asura Zoro
Don Krieg (Evolved).

I think this is my perfect team right now... I'm pretty sure, anyway.

KumaJG

This is my Buggy btw if anyone still has doubts about the S.Lv > 5 thing: http://i.imgur.com/2QyStZd.jpg

Does anyone know if the Chopper skillbooks we'll get from Alvida's event will work on Brain Point Chopper? They have the same skill but with different names. If that's the case then my INT team will be frightening with a burst attack every 7-8 turns.

Edit: Yes it does. :D

You finally got your Nico Robin?

You finally got your Nico Robin?

Nah you took them all. :D
BUT I have a Lv 50 Buggy/ 4* Nami/4* Don Krieg/Brain Point Chopper/4* Mr 3 so it's close enough to the (currently available) perfect INT burst team.
It's actually pretty crazy how most of my Rare Summons were INT or PSY. Not complaining, I like the fact that nothing halves their damage.

bjork

I managed to get my Buggy's special to level 3, so that's not too shabby. Also managed to finally turn Miss Wednesday into Vivi, and I'm working on getting my second Sanji to 35 for the Diable whatever evolution. I think I'm spreading too thin on who I'm feeding, but as long as my main team stays effective, this is okay.

Kinda wish new content was like a 2 am thing, I'm always asleep at 7 pm so I get into it late.

bjork

Seems like Luffy is almost an afterthought in most people's lineups already. I'm slowly working on a bazooka Luffy, but not with any sort of urgency. He doesn't seem to be too strong or have much benefit over other characters with better specials, etc.

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
Bazooka Luffy is useless because his Gear 2 evo makes him obsolete anyway. Treating the Luffy Skill card just as exp at this point.

Rurunaki

Seems like Luffy is almost an afterthought in most people's lineups already. I'm slowly working on a bazooka Luffy, but not with any sort of urgency. He doesn't seem to be too strong or have much benefit over other characters with better specials, etc.

Luffy is an afterthough until Gear 3 Luffy is available. When he is released, then he's pretty much in all team only switching to specialized dungeon teams.

cw_sasuke

Luffy is an afterthough until Gear 3 Luffy is available. When he is released, then he's pretty much in all team only switching to specialized dungeon teams.
Gear 2 Luffy has good stats, good active and the best Strength leader skill at this point they. He is one of the best units in the game right now.

Gear 3 Luffy is fine and all, but these are gacha exclusive units and you are not guaranteed to get him. But yeah his leader skill is very good.

RalchAC

If you have a QCK character with 300+ ATK and all the stars align you can break her 17,300 defence:

300 x 6.25 (2x Zeff) x 2 (QCK -> STR) x 2 (QCK orb) x 2.5 (5 PERFECTs bonus) = 18,750

Mmm... I've been giving this some thought. I think having a character like Diablo Jambe Sanji (which deals fixed damage) would be awesome for this boss fight (blog post says it has 17300 DEF but only 1000HP). I've been leveling my Sanji, he has 410 ATK right now. So it'll be something like this:

With the same formula you used there I'd deal 25.000 damage. I can try to get the QCK orb in the crab stage (since you can waste turns there) and with his current ATK a x1.8 chain would be enough for me to win the battle.

Should I bother to try and increase Luffy's skill level at this point?

I have various Bazooka Luffy skill books. But you don't keep skill levels when you evolve so I'm just going to use them as fodder.

Gear 2 Luffy has good stats, good active and the best Strength leader skill at this point they. He is one of the best units in the game right now.

Gear 3 Luffy is fine and all, but these are gacha exclusive units and you are not guaranteed to get him. But yeah his leader skill is very good.

Yeah, Gear 2 Luffy would be quite a good character for some bosses. I think a Gear 2nd Luffy team might be recommended for some near green bosses like Mihawk. 2 Gear 2nd Luffy means 4x HP and ATK, right?

cw_sasuke

Gear 2 Luffy doesn't have a hp multi so it's just 2x Atk. So he's isn't gacha exclusive good like Asura Zoro but still one of the better force Leaders for now.

And the stamina 15 Alvida version only has 1000 hp? Guess it's time to evolve Sanji asap for that 5k direct damage.

RalchAC

Gear 2 Luffy doesn't have a hp multi so it's just 2x Atk. So he's isn't gacha exclusive good like Asura Zoro but still one of the better force Leaders for now.

And the stamina 15 Alvida version only has 1000 hp? Guess it's time to evolve Sanji asap for that 5k direct damage.

Oh, I thought it was 2x to both. Still that attack bonus is quite good.

Hopefully we'll get the Elder Turtle stage again and I can give a sweet boost to my Sanji, he is at level 37 right now.

I know god usopp has a better special then sniperking which makes him better but if i was to lvl up sniperkings special would it then match god usopps special cool down

(I'd prefer sniperking hes awesome)

bjork

I know god usopp has a better special then sniperking which makes him better but if i was to lvl up sniperkings special would it then match god usopps special cool down

(I'd prefer sniperking hes awesome)

But if you did the same thing to god usopp, it'd be that much lower still.

I got a tabasco usopp from a pull awhile ago, he's going to be a Sogeking just for kicks. Can't sacrifice my god Usopp, heh.

How exactly do you plan on upgrading Sogeking's skill? We're not getting his skill books anytime soon.

Edit

I got a tabasco usopp from a pull awhile ago, he's going to be a Sogeking just for kicks. Can't sacrifice my god Usopp, heh.

You can always use Sogeking as a PSY Captain if you don't have Shanks (1.5x ATK&HP of PSY units).

But if you did the same thing to god usopp, it'd be that much lower still.

I thought as much but damn do i love the king of the snipers which sucks when hes weaker for some reason..i know it'd be a while before his skill book comes out

That's because the url doesn't point to a pic.

Not as long as the current arc in One Piece ayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy

It's not even the longest One Piece arc so far ;b

And on that note every single chapter in Dressrosa has been amazing imo.

At least it's not as shit as Fishman-Island. That shit was painful.

Eh, for anime viewers maybe. Us who read the manga had no such issues.

HawthorneKitty

Sgt. 2nd Class in the Creep Battalion, Waifu Wars
Total sweat-dropper just happened; Buggy and bottom cannon were on 1 timer; had to take Buggy down in 1 round, luckily I had the power to do so. (Abilities proc'ed after)

8YwKHNp.png

chrono01

Total sweat-dropper just happened; Buggy and bottom cannon were on 1 timer; had to take Buggy down in 1 round, luckily I had the power to do so. (Abilities proc'ed after)

8YwKHNp.png
Nice!

My Ace is Level 65. I have a few more big XP turtles to feed him, but it's really starting to cost me. I had something like 500k Beli before the Buggy event started and now I'm done to 190k.

I want to farm Alvida as much as I can, but I might have to dedicate a day to farming Beli this coming weekend...

bjork

And on that note every single chapter in Dressrosa has been amazing imo.

Eh, for anime viewers maybe. Us who read the manga had no such issues.

I love me some one piece, but I can't get with either one of these statements. Everything post-Marineford has dragged for me. Dressrosa has at least had some followup to the world building, but Fishman Island felt like Oda went on vacation and some fanfic writer filled in or something until he got back.

I love me some one piece, but I can't get with either one of these statements. Everything post-Marineford has dragged for me. Dressrosa has at least had some followup to the world building, but Fishman Island felt like Oda went on vacation and some fanfic writer filled in or something until he got back.

Dressrosa is the most fun OP have been in forever.

God Usopp is best Usopp

cw_sasuke

Not to be a downer but since stuff might be spoiled its probably better to use the Manga/Anime threads for plot discussions. I dont care since i read the manga, but some people might get spoiled if we continue the discussion.
Nice!

My Ace is Level 65. I have a few more big XP turtles to feed him, but it's really starting to cost me. I had something like 500k Beli before the Buggy event started and now I'm done to 190k.

I want to farm Alvida as much as I can, but I might have to dedicate a day to farming Beli this coming weekend...

Nice...how much exp do you need at this point for him to lvl up ?

I dont know if i should force lvl up Ace at this point - it will be easier when the Kuro Island drops and we get blue turtles as well. The again im not as far as you are...at lvl 65 i would also go for it hehe.

chrono01

Not to be a downer but since stuff might be spoiled its probably better to use the Manga/Anime threads for plot discussions. I dont care since i read the manga, but some people might get spoiled if we continue the discussion.

Nice...how much exp do you need at this point for him to lvl up ?

I dont know if i should force lvl up Ace at this point - it will be easier when the Kuro Island drops and we get blue turtles as well. The again im not as far as you are...at lvl 65 i would also go for it hehe.
It takes a lot. I'm lucky to get two levels with five big turtles. :(

I know it'd probably be more wise to wait but, as you said, I'm so close! It's incredibly tempting to finish him off so I can evolve him and start working on his 5* evolution. I can always use the blue XP turtles on him then, if he's not already at his maximum level.

All of that XP, though. He's a black hole for both XP and Beli. :/

Majukun

Any news if they are gonna expand the compatibility with other devices in the future?
Also, why a zeff team is not listed in the guide? They have problems against Alvida?

chrono01

Any news if they are gonna expand the compatibility with other devices in the future?
Also, why a zeff team is not listed in the guide? They have problems against Alvida?
Alvida is a Force-type which is strong against Dex-types, which means Zeff both takes more damage as well as dealing less. That's why he's not recommended.

cw_sasuke

If you have Zeff leaders and do the final hits with Sanji and Ace you should be able to deal quite the dmg on Alvida. So even if it isnt listed Zeff 6.25x fighter multi should be able to handle the stage without problem if you have QCK types.
It takes a lot. I'm lucky to get two levels with five big turtles. :(

But then again if you have Ace you would probably just lead with him anyway xD

I know it'd probably be more wise to wait but, as you said, I'm so close! It's incredibly tempting to finish him off so I can evolve him and start working on his 5* evolution. I can always use the blue XP turtles on him then, if he's not already at his maximum level.

All of that XP, though. He's a black hole for both XP and Beli. :/

Nah you are about to reach it - go for it man and its not like i wont benefit from it :-D
Will be nice seeing the first gaffers evolving their Shanks and Ace units.

To each their own then.

http://i.imgur.com/8YwKHNp.png[img][/QUOTE]

Is this Buggy Elite? That level (and most other levels) give you plenty of places where you can drag enemies out. When you reach the crab, only attack with your weakest crew members or maybe only one crew members to drag the time out and fill your special attack bars. The crab only attacks like once every seven turns and even then he does barely any damage at all. When you reach Buggy, all of your special attacks should be filled and ready to use.

chrono01

Nah you are about to reach it - go for it man and its not like i wont benefit from it :-D
Yeah I think I'll go ahead with my plan and max his level. I'm not sure if I'll be able to complete it before the event tomorrow night [it's entirely dependant on the turtle drops], but it should be close either way.

But then, I still need a Crystal and two Blue Pirate Penguin. That will be fun. >_<

RalchAC

Yeah. As you progressed through Marineford it seemed it was the start of something big. You have Admirals, Yonkos, Sichibukais, everybody is there. And then it finishes, the "war" that was going to change the shape of the world suddenly stop and you have the same status quo from before the war. 4 Yonkos. 7 Sichibukais and the Marine.

In Punk Hazard at least they talk about their plans to fight a yonko. But Fishman Island felt like a too long "become-my-nakama" arc where Luffy didn't even got a new member for his crew.

Dressrossa is awesome and it seems that it is the start of something even better.

cw_sasuke

Yeah I think I'll go ahead with my plan and max his level. I'm not sure if I'll be able to complete it before the event tomorrow night [it's entirely dependant on the turtle drops], but it should be close either way.

But then, I still need a Crystal and two Blue Pirate Penguin. That will be fun. >_<

Sounds like a plan !!

Getting the Crystal and Pirate Penguins might take some while as well true - i will follow you as soon as possible.

Still a bit time left for couple Buggy games, lets see how my turtle luck is today.

Majukun

If you have Zeff leaders and do the final hits with Sanji and Ace you should be able to deal quite the dmg on Alvida. So even if it isnt listed Zeff 6.25x fighter multi should be able to handle the stage without problem if you have QCK types.

I have sanji but no ace... We will see if I'll have any problems...

Copons

Finally evolved Asura Zoro and MAN, it's so great to have a 9x hit character easily dispatching those annoying tanks!

Now I'm about to evolve Nami and this time I won't do the same kind-of-mistake I did with Zoro and Sanji, when I choose thir "second" evolution because there weren't pirate penguins yet, and then I've been stuck for days trashing turtles in Zoro's mouth.

So, Tornado Tempo Nami it will be.
Also I don't even know why I'll bother evolving her, when I'm pretty sure I won't have a knowledge team in the foreseeable future, and I could use the purple fodder for Buggy which at least is useful in my slasher team... :D

Captain's Log, 2 Days after release.
"I pulled a Fire Pearl and a Ace and decided that that was good enough, no more re-rolls. time to set sail. Our only mission, gather a crew and get to the grand line, I've heard that Usopp is a great character so we'll be keeping an eye out for him. I've not fully understood how the system works yet but the thread on GAF seems helpful."

Captain's Log, 5 Days after release.
"The first couple of islands where easily conquered, We're making good progress on the crew, Usopp is being leveled and Luffy, is closing in on evolution as well. I've heard that you can farm some really good crew members on the next two islands and I'll be looking to do just that."

Captain's Log, 10 Days after release.
"For what feels like weeks we've been hunting him, the head chef of Baratie, Zeff. However he is nowhere to be found. Yesterday we almost had him, bu alas all we got was a bag of gold. I'm getting desperate, I've decided to publicly execute several members of his crew trough cannibalism, you made me do this Zeff."

Captain's Log, Today.
"It worked! Zeff could no longer stand by and watch the suffering of his crew and has been taken prisoner. Eventually he will be converted and put as the captain of my Brawler team but for now, having him in the hold is more than enough... However, his unwillingness to join me can not go by unpunished. as a last act of redemption he will be forced to eat the remains of his old crew."

^ Heh, this is great. (in reference to Thorwaldsson)

Question: When I switch over to an iPhone from Android next month, do I lose my saved Devil Fruits (you know what I mean)? I seem to remember reading that somewhere, but can't find it now.

cw_sasuke

Hehe Thorwaldsson great - keep them coming im looking forward to watch you conquer the Grandline xD

Top Bottom