• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

One Piece Treasure Cruise |OT| Golden Hammer ---God--- Usopp

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
Well crap. On the bright side, at least I'll be forced to try to roll for Robin.

If your are lucky we will get the v2 Strahhats next month as well so at this point most people will pull anyway to get Gear 3 Luffy, Zoro, Tower Nami etc.

KumaJG

Nah you took them all. :D
BUT I have a Lv 50 Buggy/ 4* Nami/4* Don Krieg/Brain Point Chopper/4* Mr 3 so it's close enough to the (currently available) perfect INT burst team.
It's actually pretty crazy how most of my Rare Summons were INT or PSY. Not complaining, I like the fact that nothing halves their damage.

Me too. Only missing from my Int team is a heavy hitter. My int team is still strong though. Can breeze Elite Buggy and Elite Training Grounds.

bjork

Got the kicking Sanji to lv34, will have 35 as soon as my meter refills. Hope the pirate penguins aren't total pains to snag.

bjork

I guess I'm out of time on Buggy runs, but I think I got just about as much out of it as I could expect. New islands will be up when I get up to go to work tonight. These islands come back eventually in more difficult forms, right?

So did a why the hell not devil fruit pull and got an evolved Buggy so I guess that's cool.

At this point I guess I should go from a Zoro team to a Slasher team...

qazqaNii

Do you guys think I can do Elite Buggy with:

Lv 28 : Tornado Tempo Navi
Lv 23 : Bazooka Luffy
Lv 22 : Three Thousand Zoro
Lv 17 : Don Krieg Poison Gas Bomb
Lv 24 : God Ussop.

Any recommendations for friend captain if i have a chance?

It's going to be really hard to clear Elite with that team, most likely. God Usopp will help out a lot though. I think your best bet would be to try it with a really high level Vivi friend Captain.

There is no much synergy in your team: you have 4 different types and 4 different classes. If you don't have Buggy at all I suggest farming the easier island until you get it (8h left, hurry up).

However, if I correctly understood how Don Krieg's poison works, you should be able to farm Alvida's Elite island with no much trouble. Alvida has 17.500 defence so you won't be able to damage her with your team, but thankfully she has just 1000HP. This needs confirmation, but to my understanding Don Krieg's poison deals 50% of his ATK in damage each turn. If your Krieg has more than 666 then his poison should deal more than 333 damage each turn so Alvida will be dead in 3 turns, just what Usopp's delay will give you. So basically, for the boss battle: Unleach Usopp's and Krieg's specials, kill the minions and watch her die on her own.

As for friend captains, Vivi will be your best bet since her ability doesn't depend on classes or types. Buggy is a second alternative as he'll boost both Nami and Krieg.

qazqaNii

It's going to be really hard to clear Elite with that team, most likely. God Usopp will help out a lot though. I think your best bet would be to try it with a really high level Vivi friend Captain.

As I thought, really wanted that fruit, but oh well. Have only played for barely a week, guess I will pass this elite.

If anyone wants to add me: 463,435,043
I usually leave out a GOD Usopp or Vivi when I am not playing.

There is no much synergy in your team: you have 4 different types and 4 different classes. If you don't have Buggy at all I suggest farming the easier island until you get it (8h left, hurry up).

However, if I correctly understood how Don Krieg's poison works, you should be able to farm Alvida's Elite island with no much trouble. Alvida has 17.500 defence so you won't be able to damage her with your team, but thankfully she has just 1000HP. This needs confirmation, but to my understanding Don Krieg's poison deals 50% of his ATK in damage each turn. If your Krieg has more than 666 then his poison should deal more than 333 damage each turn so Alvida will be dead in 3 turns, just what Usopp's delay will give you. So basically, for the boss battle: Unleach Usopp's and Krieg's specials, kill the minions and watch her die on her own.

As for friend captains, Vivi will be your best bet since her ability doesn't depend on classes or types. Buggy is a second alternative as he'll boost both Nami and Krieg.

Oh alright, got it, damn I had buggy my first day playing but fed him to don krieg. :(, time to find another one.

N30RYU

100+ tries on getting Arlong... TT_TT

Every 90min I give it a try... I just want to move one...

JMI3Rqf.png

aS4f52B.png

I need those pirate penguins...

Oh alright, got it, damn I had buggy my first day playing but fed him to don krieg. :(, time to find another one.

Wow, what a noob, never throw away named characters that aren't Coby.
Did the same with Alvida and Helmeppo when I first started. ><

And I confirmed Don Krieg's strategy on Smoker (0-stamina island), mine's has 604 ATK and his poison deals 302 damage per turn. So basically almost anyone can use a friend's Krieg and smoothly defeat Alvida.

KumaJG

Wow, what a noob, never throw away named characters that aren't Coby.
Did the same with Alvida and Helmeppo when I first started. ><

And I confirmed Don Krieg's strategy on Smoker (0-stamina island), mine's has 604 ATK and his poison deals 302 damage per turn. So basically almost anyone can use a friend's Krieg and smoothly defeat Alvida.

Goddamn now I have to farm Don Krieg for my purple team :(

cw_sasuke

Maybe our Google Doc list and the reminder should be the first thing that shows up in the OP. Seems like new players are missing out on the list or forget to write down their info there as well.

Are you suppose to get a devilfruit for finishing elite buggy?

Yeah, quite sure.

cw_sasuke

Then you shouldnt have any problems. Perfect.

Will evolve mine asap as well.

N30RYU

7 hours away for the update in EU... (at least Buggy event expires in 7 hours...) to farm pirate penguins...

Majukun

Wow your Sanji is already near lvl 50 :eek:
Helmeppo as well...nuts.

got helmeppo early and he was one of the only fighter guys i had (now i have moji,paty and kuroobi)..kept him becase of that and because he was easy to level up using all those purple guys you get from the bagy elite
and also because when i checked on the wikia it said it would have been useful against alvida :p

p.s. that sanji goes up to lv 99 anyway

KumaJG

got helmeppo early and he was one of the only fighter guys i had (now i have moji,paty and kuroobi)..kept him becase of that and because he was easy to level up using all those purple guys you get from the bagy elite
and also because when i checked on the wikia it said it would have been useful against alvida :p

p.s. that sanji goes up to lv 99 anyway

You don't even need Helmeppo for Alvida. Sanji one shots her.

Majukun

You don't even need Helmeppo for Alvida. Sanji one shots her.

well i'll level up kuroobi with the red turtles in that event and then put it there :p

do we know how the whole pirate penguin works and how often they drop?
I' mean, we are gonna need to try logue town 50+ times to get one of those (and maybe not even of the right color),or it's easier to get those?

well i'll level up kuroobi with the red turtles in that event and then put it there :p

do we know how the whole pirate penguin works and how often they drop?
I' mean, we are gonna need to try logue town 50+ times to get one of those (and maybe not even of the right color),or it's easier to get those?

http://op-tc-eng-version.blogspot.com.au/p/smg.html

Each color appears on its own chapter and apparently they have similar drop rates to crabs/sea horses in story mode. Basically get ready to farm them for days if you need multiple ones.

You sure? IIRC you get one for each Buggy event you complete, except maybe the rookie one but I'm pretty sure you get on for that as well.

Yeah I'm pretty sure, re-rolled 3 accounts since the Buggy event started so I got the chance to notice stuff like this. Maybe you get 3 fruits if your account is older than the event? Dunno, but we'll get to check that with Alvida's islands.

chrono01

Captain's Log, 2 Days after release.
"I pulled a Fire Pearl and a Ace and decided that that was good enough, no more re-rolls. time to set sail. Our only mission, gather a crew and get to the grand line, I've heard that Usopp is a great character so we'll be keeping an eye out for him. I've not fully understood how the system works yet but the thread on GAF seems helpful."

Captain's Log, 5 Days after release.
"The first couple of islands where easily conquered, We're making good progress on the crew, Usopp is being leveled and Luffy, is closing in on evolution as well. I've heard that you can farm some really good crew members on the next two islands and I'll be looking to do just that."

Captain's Log, 10 Days after release.
"For what feels like weeks we've been hunting him, the head chef of Baratie, Zeff. However he is nowhere to be found. Yesterday we almost had him, bu alas all we got was a bag of gold. I'm getting desperate, I've decided to publicly execute several members of his crew trough cannibalism, you made me do this Zeff."

Captain's Log, Today.
"It worked! Zeff could no longer stand by and watch the suffering of his crew and has been taken prisoner. Eventually he will be converted and put as the captain of my Brawler team but for now, having him in the hold is more than enough... However, his unwillingness to join me can not go by unpunished. as a last act of redemption he will be forced to eat the remains of his old crew."

Haha, this is great. Nicely done.

Best of luck with your continued adventures towards [and through] the Grand Line!

pLow7

100+ tries on getting Arlong... TT_TT

Every 90min I give it a try... I just want to move one...

I need those pirate penguins...

Oh maaan i loove you so much. i had difficulties with the Second Buggie Stage until i added you.

Duuude i steamrolled him with your vivi, 800HP every round ? Nerf pls.

Majukun

Do you get the same arlong or kuro no matter what chapter you try to get it from? Or one gives you the evolved from and the other doesn't?

Kyou

Do you get the same arlong or jury no matter what chapter you try to get it from? Or one gives you the evolved from and the other doesn't?

They always give you the lower form, so there's no reason to waste time/energy/effort grinding the harder one

chrono01

I'm definitely not going to be able to max Ace before the Buggy event ends. I'm at Level 67, but the big turtles refuse to drop. :/

The same happened to me, started to get way less turtles since last week, which is why I've been doing more productive stuff lately like Golden Cave and unit farming.

How much EXP are those last 3 levels worth? Alvida will bring turtles too and we should get another free elder turtle tomorrow so that should help.

chrono01

The same happened to me, started to get way less turtles since last week, which is why I've been doing more productive stuff lately like Golden Cave and unit farming.

How much EXP are those last 3 levels worth? Alvida will bring turtles too and we should get another free elder turtle tomorrow si that should help.
I'm not sure the exact amount, but I'm lucky to get two levels with five big turtles.

So quite a bit. :(

I also noticed that the item drops have lessened a lot. I very rarely get a picture book/cola now, the same goes for the big XP turtles. Near the beginning I'd get a turtle every run, as well as constant other drops. Now...not so much. :/

Majukun

How much EXP are those last 3 levels worth? Alvida will bring turtles too and we should get another free elder turtle tomorrow so that should help.
Done know what color for the elder turtle? I still have the two purple ones... Seems a shame to use them since I have no high level purple guy.
If it's a red one I've gonna use it on luffy when I evolve him probably...

I'm not sure the exact amount, but I'm lucky to get two levels with five big turtles.

So quite a bit. :(

You can check how much EXP a unit in the power up screen. Knowing exactly how many extra turtles you still need might help give you the courage to continue. :p

Done know what color for the elder turtle? I still have the two purple ones... Seems a shame to use them since I have no high level purple guy.
If it's a red one I've gonna use it on luffy when I evolve him probably...

Probably purple like the previous two.

Just did an Elite Alvida... yep. If you could beat Elite Buggy, you shouldn't have a problem. Normally Buggy 7 took me maybe 4-6 turns. Alvida 7 was easily just one. Nothing difficult. Didn't even get a chance to proc any of my special abilities.

Kyou

Just did an Elite Alvida... yep. If you could beat Elite Buggy, you shouldn't have a problem. Normally Buggy 7 took me maybe 4-6 turns. Alvida 7 was easily just one. Nothing difficult. Didn't even get a chance to proc any of my special abilities.

I had to kill time until Helmeppo's special was charged but that was fine. With Vivi I can just plink off the crab forever if I want.

Did all three Avlida's back to back, came out of elite with one of everything except Alvida herself.

I had to kill time until Helmeppo's special was charged but that was fine. With Vivi I can just plink off the crab forever if I want.

Did all three Avlida's back to back, came out of elite with one of everything except Alvida herself.

I've got a slasher team so I just DPSed through.

Enraged Arlong Friend
Enraged Arlong Captain
Asura Zoro
Evolved Kuro
Evolved Don Krieg
God Usopp.

Very easy mission that way. The only time I took damage was because I was curious how much Coby could do (it was like 2k I think, so not bad).
Teams without that 60-100k damage per turn will probably need that defense reduction though, yeah.

Top Bottom